Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Guy I met online keeps asking for money      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 lovingit66
Msg: 76
Guy I met online keeps asking for moneyPage 4 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
If it looks and waddles like a duck and quacks like a duck.............................
 Dublin 41
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Guy I met online keeps asking for money
Posted: 6/10/2006 3:18:21 PM
HUGE RED FLAG. Total scam. Block this guy as soon as possible.
 jjkitty
Msg: 78
Posted: 6/10/2006 3:27:10 PM
The saddest part is that this crap really works! Con artists will continue to do what works. If it didn't work, it would go away. They would simply stop doing it. Instead if it going away, it's growing. One day, I had 6 in a row on MySpace. It's like it was" lab nite" at Nigerian Scam Class, or something! Women are the biggest targets, but men get them too, moreso from Russia, possibly because of the popularity of the mail-order -bride industry.
The thing to remember is to never-ever send money to anyone on the internet, ever. It's a sad commentary on the state of the planet, and I know that many of us like to give people the benifit of the doubt, but things being what they are with the internet, you just can't.
 all about laughs
Msg: 79
Posted: 6/10/2006 3:30:12 PM
LOL... I just love these posts...

Of course you know it is a scam...

Ask for his address, tell him you are sending money in the mail... then get all the monolpy money you can, put it in a envelope and send it to him... I am sure you will recieve one more email from him cursing your name and then you are done with them... :p
 kwray
Msg: 80
Posted: 6/10/2006 3:40:15 PM
i went to school with a girl that met some guy from some african place...maybe nigeria i have no clue...anyway he said that he was her soulmate and really wanted to meet her but he had no money to come to canada...so what did the willnot do? she sends him money he comes over to canada...marrys her...has a kid...waits the allotted time till he can divorce her and then poof! he's gone like star jones weight
 CheesyFeet
Msg: 81
Posted: 6/10/2006 4:18:40 PM
The word that sets alarm bells off here is "NIGERIA"!
It seems to me that about 95% of all Internet scams come from that one country.
It's probably more lucarative than their oil industry.
To Toni (the OP): You have figured out he's NOT American by now haven't you??
I find it quite worrying that you haven't replied to the responses on your thread yet....
Makes me wonder whether you've fallen for this scammer and sent the money!?!
TELL ME I'M WRONG TONI!!!
 jjkitty
Msg: 82
Posted: 6/11/2006 2:04:19 PM
Heeeeeeee's a baaaaaaaad mammer- scammer/ just as baaaaaad as he can be!
 toni332
Msg: 83
Posted: 6/11/2006 10:59:24 PM
Hi CheesyFeet,

Interesting name by the way. You're wrong. I haven't sent him any money and I haven't fell for him, either. I definitely don't believe in love at first site and this guy was always telling me he loved me. I should have figured it out then. Basically, I just wanted to know if anyone else has gone through this. I plan on doing some research on this particular subject and I totally appreciate all the responses I've gotten.

By the way, I did block this guy out.

Thanks everyone for all the advice.
 wanttotalktoyou
Msg: 84
Posted: 6/11/2006 11:54:12 PM
block, report, and forget
 smoochiegal
Msg: 85
Posted: 6/12/2006 3:32:43 AM
one piece of advice tell the guy to fook off and use some other prat as his meal ticket and how dare he bring religion into it who is he to judge he shouldn't even be asking if it isn;t a problem he can go to the bank and get a loan like we all have to lol. Seriously I think u should lose this guy he is trying to scam u I have seen many many msgs and letters like this over the years working on the net and in the office environment for all u know he could have loadsa wonga and be living just round the corner from u BLOCK HIM xjx
 DanielBAH
Msg: 86
Posted: 6/12/2006 10:52:43 AM
Well it seem we know that scam is all over the world. This happen to me. In 7 different cases I received nice letters from girls in Nigeria asking from $300 to $700 because the same similar drama. They were saying lost the parents in a plain crash, they were rich and suddenly has lost everything in the blast. I told to go to the Embassy in Nigeria since they are american "that what they claim they are". The embassy will help them to get back to USA then if happen then you can meet here. But the truth they never wanted to go there because all of them are con artists and if they going there, they will be arrested in the spot. So that's stop them to send you email or contact you. They think you work for the CIA and you going to get them in jail. At least this happend to me. I learn they grab the pictures from the most beautiful models in European Magazines. So you cut them off and move on.
 mauibaby
Msg: 87
Posted: 6/12/2006 11:05:08 AM
tell him to get a job like most people. god has nothing to do with his lack of money. it's a scam so run away from this guy. he probably lives in new york and is married! no more contact with this idiot!
 purpolonia
Msg: 88
Posted: 6/12/2006 11:12:27 AM
Men love money but they do not want to work for it. Their overtime doesn't cut it and so they become angry and target someone weak who they think could give them money. In the long run no matter how nice they were with you to get money, they leave you with nothing!
And your money could be needed for your important circumstances cause no one will give you money for free! Beware. You are doing fine by asking for help now before it's too late.
 ousu
Msg: 89
Posted: 6/12/2006 11:12:39 AM
http://www.ebolamonkeyman.com/

Funny stories about scammers. I have been contacted by people telling they are Nigerians, Russians, from Middle East... Seems at least Yahoo is full of this kind of stuff.
 QBCONNER
Msg: 90
Posted: 6/12/2006 3:05:47 PM

Here's the thing. He supposily is a professor who just got his Ph.D. The school supposily sent him to Nigeria for a teaching position. He told me that he paid his own way to Africa and once he got there, decided that he didn't like being there anymore. He didn't like the conditions of the country or the poverty of the community he was in, therefore, he wanted to come home.

he is a scammer..if you get Im,s from someone whos not on a dating sight just out of the blue, i have found that first off thier picture looks like something out of a magazine, secondly they all are either in nigeria, africa, or england..(so they say) they all have a story and about 5 days of conversation they start with the ""story"" AND USUALLY ITS ALLMOST THE SAME STORY EVERY TIME , last year i talked to someone for a long long time he gave me some song and dance about how his client in the states who worked at a university owed him money but couldent send it over seas what ever law,s of africia he spouted. asked me if his client could send me the check, and if i would cash it and send him a money wire..Well i told a friend about this he told me to go ahead and let him send me the check and have it checked out by my bank without depositing it..and sure enough the check was counterfit
and i wrote and told him...he tried to act like (his client) scammed him, about 6 months has gone buy Never heard from him again ..TILL about 3 days ago..this moron pops up on my
Im calling himself a different name, but with the same picture on his yahoo directory
and he completly forgot who i was..well untill i let him know..then he blocked me hahahaha
 solomama
Msg: 91
Posted: 6/12/2006 3:16:39 PM
RED FLAG! RED FLAG!! i am ambarrassed to say...just 2 weeks ago i was scammed for $500.00 .on a date...definatly..MY BAD.! i felt like a fool for trusting,even tho thats who i am...i was embarrassed,,ashamed for being so gullible...use ur instincts!!please..if it feels wrong..IT IS WRONG!!! i found out that i was the seventh victum..each time a slap on the wrist..lucky me...so being a single mom...did damage to my finances...if nothing else..listen to ur gut...best of luck!! Y
 QBCONNER
Msg: 92
Posted: 6/12/2006 3:33:27 PM

Seems at least Yahoo is full of this kind of stuff.

this is very true, and usually they get your IM from the yahoo directory, they dont have a profile, and the picture is fake as 3 dollar bill..lololo they allways are in love with you on day one, when i was new to all this i was blown away by the flattery, now, i just laugh and basicly
tell them up front there will be NO MONEY SENT EVER!! and i usually dont hear from them again..
 Greeneyezz
Msg: 93
Posted: 6/12/2006 3:41:05 PM
Had the same thing happen to me once just a month back or so (but I know better) and knew it was a scam!

They opperate on y_hoo mostly from what I see. They see your email addy or IM on your personals ad & contact you using the IM - I turned my IM OFF so they can't contact me anymore!

Anyway, this "girl" started talking to me (girl = yeah rgt!) & says, "Hi- I'm blah blah blah in S. Africa & I'm coming back to MI in a week or so-- so I entertain the conversation for a few Days because that's what they do (keep trying to get you to believe they're real and interested in you!) and then hand you some story about how they want to come meet you but need money to help pay for their way!

After she/he got to that point & asked for $600 for airfare-- I said "Sure-- where would you like me to send it & how!?" lmao!

He/she says "really-- you're going to help me??" I said, "sure-- why not-- I want to meet you & $600 isn't anything to help you get here!!" lmao!

He/she then proceeded to tell me to "wire" the $$ through western union to wherever/whoever & I said-- ok, give me a few minutes and you'll get it!!

I then blocked/deleted them & shut my y_hoo IM off on the personals site for good! lol

I had the idiot going for like 2 days thinking I was going to send the $$!!
 QBCONNER
Msg: 94
Posted: 6/12/2006 3:47:36 PM

Tell me Toni, is he cute? $500 may not be a lot if it helps you secure a real hottie! I'm sure he'd be happy to "work it off" if you know what I mean, wink wink.[/quote

well of course hes cute his picture belongs in a ad for underware, lolololo just like the rest of them...and heck $500.00 isent alot until you collect it from 1,000 people..lololo

yea im sure he would work it off if she could ever actually find him and choke him till she gets her 500.00 bucks out of him...hahahhaha
 vanillaman
Msg: 95
Posted: 6/12/2006 3:59:40 PM
Hi

This guy is a real freak. Lose him, as he could be dangerous too.

Glenn
 Ineedewe
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 6/12/2006 4:08:40 PM
Sorry for the bad news but yeah, it's a scam.
 cogs6969
Msg: 97
Posted: 6/12/2006 4:11:05 PM
cut this clown off NOW I've met a few women that have been taken by these low lifes- run, run run as fast as you can- he'll ask 100 people for money and some idiot will buy his bull--it and he'll get his $.
 Trishnaa
Msg: 98
Posted: 6/12/2006 4:20:23 PM
What ever message you get from Africa is a scam.Period.Be it Nigeria(they are the leaders though),Liberia,Libya or Ivory Coast.If you are not sure if that country is in Africa or not, then contact me or look up on the world map.Simple as that.Also, be aware of the Russians too!
Any one from that region emailing for money are spammers.

~*Flavia*~
 rev0218
Msg: 99
Posted: 6/12/2006 4:43:07 PM
Yes POF also had somebody posing as women on this site. They have been removed. The first email I got was supposedly by mistake. Then came the suggestive photographs, then the marriage proposal, then some really hot photos, then another marriage proposal. I cut it off before the request for money came in. This person was supposedly in Nigeria on business. My guess mining old guys for money was her business.
 GOLDILOCKS
Msg: 100
Posted: 6/18/2006 6:49:04 PM
My guy from Nigeria supposedly owned his own business. When he emailed me the first time he was 6'2", 54 years old and a white man. He was living in the states but had to go to Africa to sign a HUGE contract.

The next email he told me he loved me and wanted to marry me.....RED FLAGS went up. This guy didn't even know me!

Then I got several emails that I deleted; the next one came supposedly from Nigeria where he was stranded as the country was having some political upheaval, and couldn't get his money transferred. Could I pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez "Loan" him enough to pay his hotel bills for a couple of days? He would have his "BOSS" in the U.S. send his paycheck to me. He said his weekly pay was $1,500.00 and if I sent him $400, he'd send me his whole check. Then he would stop by my town on his way back home and pick up the balance. YEAH, RIGHT!!!!

Obviously so that he would have my checking account information and clear out my business account.

My mama didn't raise no fool. I told him that he should contact the American Embassy for help. Then "I" called the American Embassy here and reported him.

DO IT GIRLS!!! GET THESE SCUM BUCKETS OFF OUR SITES. THEY PREY ON LONELY WOMEN AND APPEAL TO SOFT HEARTS.

A few months later my daughter was contacted by a guy the same way who was a fashion designer supposedly. He was so sincere I had a difficult time getting her to call the Embassy. An FBI investigator called her directly and set her straight fast. She was broken hearted - but not broke!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Guy I met online keeps asking for money