Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Guy I met online keeps asking for money      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Dru
Msg: 126
Guy I met online keeps asking for moneyPage 6 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
yeah it's a total scam, RCMP, FBI and police forces in a number of countries are aware of this one, I don't know if there doing anything about it but it's been going on for awhile.
 jim bag
Msg: 127
Guy I met online keeps asking for money
Posted: 6/22/2006 9:17:49 PM
invite the guy over to your neck of the woods, and have the prick whacked, and
then whack his friends too.
 *Gwen*
Msg: 128
Posted: 6/23/2006 1:39:31 AM
listen chick, just delete him and please dont be sucked in, this guy obviously thinks u are dumb and that he can wear u down eventually, when infact hes living in his own deluded little dream world. FREAK.

delete block jogg on
 tim3step
Msg: 129
Posted: 6/23/2006 5:17:11 AM
I've rethought this.

I think you SHOULD give him the money.

Just think. If you do....the 83,500,382 emails he sends out every day will then stop. So please. Reconsider. Give him the money. Take one for the POF team and help this guy and in turn, all of us out!

Thank you so much!

T.

Charisma4Uii
Msg: 130
view profile
History
Posted: 6/23/2006 5:38:58 AM
Oh come on.... do the Christianly thing. Send the poor guy the money so he can come home.

Just make sure it's all Monopoly money... all singles too.
 Top It
Msg: 131
Posted: 6/26/2006 6:49:48 PM
Obtain one roll of pennies, wrap them in a layer or two of scotch tape, hold inside your hand very tightly, and POW!!!!! give him his money!!!
 brokenbrains
Msg: 132
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2006 8:23:28 AM
i have had a similar situation on yahoo, i was messaged by a guy who said he was american and in nigeria and didnt like it there and wanted help to get home, and could i send him money. For last 5 months on a daily basis i get messages off i think the same guy but changing names all the time with different scenarios but he is aways in nigeria, from the amount of messages i have seems like the population of usa are in nigeria working on contracts lololol, i know its a scam, but its a pain when people now message me and i think its him on a diff name. Now i just say im an immigration officer it seems to work
 brokenbrains
Msg: 133
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2006 8:00:20 AM
Hahhaha these scammers say they are either US or British, but they type in pigeon english, you can tell staight off they are not american or english, from the way they type. I smell a rat now straight away, i used to think it was just the one person mailing me on different names but after reading all of this i can see its big business. I have been to nigeria and i have to say it is very third world there and very very poor, but nigeria is mostly catholic and christian but no morals when it comes to money and living. They all want to come to US or UK, they know the visa bride thing doesnt work so good now regarding immigration, so they are using the scams, but like someone said earlier, the vulnerable on here who maybe do not come to these sites to read, may be taken in by these as with the good looking pics they send,the offer of love etc and protray themselves as american/bristish, some women/men on here might actually believe them, but how do you stop them on here? block yes but there are hundreds of these a day.
 Dehm
Msg: 134
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2006 8:07:05 AM
I say send him the money - but tell him to make sure that he sends you the 2000 you need to pay the lawyer to get into your trust fund...
 VirgoBaby
Msg: 135
Posted: 7/6/2006 8:23:00 AM
The next time he tells you that you're not very Christlike - tell him that whe Jesus was in the Temple - he overturned tables and shouted in anger - and upset everything. Then tell him you might take a hint and overturn everything in his life if he doesn't let you alone LOL

BUT if you happen to send him $$, I could use some too! LOL
 Forever or never
Msg: 136
Posted: 9/21/2006 5:26:54 PM
You tell this low life that christians are supposed to be good stewarts of the money they have ,,,, and not to just throught it away ,without knowing that it will produce good fruit ................. this guy is a big time scammer ,,,,
 imaginarylady
Msg: 137
Posted: 9/23/2006 7:32:41 AM
Block this guy, tell him you pay yopur own bill's and so should he, he thinks you are a soft touch and I bet your not the only woman he has tryed this with , and I bet some of them have fallen for his scam . guy;s like this are every where, if you meet someone that like's you and you like them , then there should not be money needed. goodluck to you .
 Keeeeper
Msg: 138
Posted: 9/23/2006 9:24:29 AM
Please block him and find someone else. He's being abusive & he's a con man. You are a very pretty woman and you don't need to talk to people like that.
 SilverIon
Msg: 139
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2006 9:56:13 AM
Actually a better thing to do is to report him to whatever instant messenger he is using for abuse, and then the next time you im with him tell him that you are reporting the conversations and sending copies to the FBI. It is hilarious as to how fast they get offline when they hear that.
 mentorblondie
Msg: 140
Posted: 9/23/2006 8:16:23 PM
I actually had a very interesting situation which happened to me last year about this time on another site. Guy said he was English but had an orphanage in Nigeria. To make a long story short, he went there then claimed he became ill and couldn't leave until he paid his hospital bill in cash and wanted money from me. Having done some investigative work in the past I contacted the English Consulate in Nigeria and they never heard of the hospital he was in or the doctor I talked to. His London address was fake and he didn't Google. He also had a web site for his "orphanage" which was pirated from a legit. orphanage. We got that site shut down and I had to get the British and US authorities involved. I may be blonde but I'm not stupid...don't mess with a Scot! Anytime ANYONE askes for money, turn them in, block them and NEVER SEND THEM A DINE!
 LoonyTunz
Msg: 141
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2006 8:28:07 PM
Is advice really warranted? Even a near perfect would have blocked this guy long ago if not reported the attempted scam.
 Huggablehottie
Msg: 142
Posted: 9/23/2006 10:09:05 PM
Don't be gullible, and don't feel guilty when you don't send him a cent, and block his
ass!!
Yes, these type of things have happened to me online.
I believe that he might be targeting you, because he may
expect a Christian to be "soft" and helpful!
He does not care about you at all.
There are so many liars from these countries, and it is awful how they tend
to use dating sites for scams!
Some offer you money, which they don't have, some ask for help in different
forms....
What is sad is that a lot of these scammers claim they are living in your country.
They usually use someone else's pics as their own!!
 Just A Woman***
Msg: 143
Posted: 9/24/2006 6:19:57 AM
I had a guy last week send me a message offering me $5000 to meet up with him for an hour..LOL..
I reported him and he was deleted within minutes.
They tell you to report people like this, it works so why not try it??
 METALLlC BLUE
Msg: 144
Posted: 9/24/2006 6:54:40 AM
Scam, red flag, cut him off.
 gkmb
Msg: 145
Posted: 3/30/2007 3:13:34 PM
TONI, i amsurprised at some of the replies you got..delete them some people on this site not very kind words..Although lots of people heard about scams it doesnt mean everyone else. Many women are very vulnerable when they become single and need help and advice not rude comments.
You will receive many more emails from scammers ok, and they all end up saying the same story, they cant even think of new ones. I know of one that says they were married, wife died, daughter or son living with grandmother and they travel around Nigeria.then they need a little money then they have a car accident on the way to the airport and the hospital contacts u supposedly for money. Even call you and make you feel bad. Do not reply to any emails that ask for money one day. Sorry you had to hear another a......holes lies. There are many good men and women out there. x
 gkmb
Msg: 146
Posted: 3/30/2007 3:14:37 PM
They will not do a thing...the country and its police are corrupt..i was told that by my local police head quarters.when i tried to help a mate..
 JamaicanMan876
Msg: 147
Posted: 3/30/2007 9:42:05 PM
I'm amazed at how many people fall for these scams . Simple just block and ignore those bums.
 karibabes
Msg: 148
Posted: 3/30/2007 10:55:35 PM
[ qoute] I get that one at least once a week, and oh yea, whoever get's IM's from the African Prince, he's mine dammit, he messaged me first, said he was gonna make me his Princess...
But I am gonna be his Queen because after his ill father passes on he has to take the reigns of his Country.
 trubblemakr
Msg: 149
Posted: 3/30/2007 10:59:59 PM
hmmm can i have some money too?
 Singlemale1962
Msg: 150
view profile
History
Posted: 3/30/2007 11:18:24 PM
They run several scams and not just nigerian

So far I have been ask for money or to work to take money for the following

1) The "My family has died in a car accident and I am the lawyer in charge of the money and I need to get it out of country.

2) Im an ex official in the Saddam Hussien government hiding in Syria and I need to move millions of dollars in Oil money out of swiss banks.

3) Im a polish soldier in Iraq who discovered a hidden gold stash and I need to sneak it out of Iraq.

4) Im a canadien spinster who's hubby just died in Nigeria and I need help to get his money.

5) Im the sole living heir to Ida Amin's fortune and I need to hide it from the Authorities.

6) My Estonia Company is blocked from getting US dollars. We will send you checks for thousands of dollars. You can keep 10% of the money all we need it you bank account numbers then mail us back the remainder in US cash.

Been several variants of the above. I get them regularily.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Guy I met online keeps asking for money