Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > What age do boys start masturbating ?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Lil Red Riding Hood
Msg: 1
What age do boys start masturbating ?Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Ok guys, as a little back ground. Im a Single Mom with three boys aged 11, 9 and 7. No male in my life for input on this one.

I walked into the bathroom yesterday and caught my 9 year old going to town. I know little boys get erections starting at an early age but this lil guy was going to town.

I handled it ok just like I have in the past with similiar experiences. I told him it was ok to explore his body, nothing to be ashamed of, etc.

But my question is before this with all three of them, erections were entertaining. He seems to be going for the big finale ????

At what age to boys actually, well how young I guess is more the question, start actually masturbating ??? I dont just mean touching themselves.

THanks for any info.

Signed a Single Mom who doesn't have one of those toys so I dont know.
 justmeinnc05
Msg: 2
What age do boys start masturbating ?
Posted: 6/9/2006 8:23:55 PM
Not sure when boys start this, but just a few weeks ago, my 18 year old daughter confesed to me that she started at the ripe old age of 8.

I wouldn't worry about it, as it is a natural part of growing up, and really don't see where it could hurt anything. Just let them know that it is something to be done in private and not really one of those things you talk about with everyone you know.
 philrook
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2006 10:37:37 AM
It really depends on the child. My youngest girl started masterbating (leg up over the couch going to town) at the ripe old age of 3. We had the private toy talk and that worked out fine. I know it didn't effect her because we've had many talks about "playing too hard" and how to take care of soreness. My oldest girl started much later at around 7.

Boys develop later than girls but how early is very dependant on the child. The numbers proposed in this forum of 8-10 seem young but not unrealistic. I was 12. My brother was 10.

Good luck and try not to laugh too hard. It all part of the great parenting adventure. LOL
 Lil Red Riding Hood
Msg: 4
Posted: 6/13/2006 7:56:00 PM
OK.........you guys are TOTALLY missing my question.

I know boys starting touching themselves at a very early age. My 8 year old had his hand glued to his penis from the age of 3 - 5..........hahaha.

My question was.........and I'll get a wee bit more graphic.....at what age to they actually masterbate to ejaculation ?

Newborn babies get erections, that I know. Found that one out just after I had my first son. I'm not a twit....hahaha.

And as far as handling it properly, I did. He knows alot about sex and that grown ups enjoy their own bodies as much as exploring other peoples. Your body is your own. We also live on a farm so he sees sex all the time. I explained to him that what he was doing was normal, and perfectly ok to do, in private.

I had my first orgasm at the age of 7 thanks to my Mom's hand held back massager....hehehe.....but ya know how girls are always way more advanced then boys....hehehehe
 ~waiting~
Msg: 5
Posted: 6/14/2006 11:02:32 AM
A boy's ability to ejaculate occurs between the age of 12 and 16. It's a sign that he is physically able to produce a child. There's your answer, however, I wish I could keep this from appearing on my profile...lol. I'm just thankful I have girls.
 DeeLiteFul
Msg: 6
Posted: 6/15/2006 1:17:17 PM
I have a 12 year old boy.... I remember when he was a baby he use to rub his pp on the pillow and my sons father's mother always said the reason why he did that was because he seen my son's father N me doing it... Which wasn't true because he had his own room while we had our own room ... he always did that.... I remember I took him to the doctor's and he was back of a toy big house at the doctor's office and when I looked he was laying down rubbing himself again so when I seen the doctor I mentioned this to the doctor and he told me that is normal.... Now my son is 12 years old and when I was cleaning his room I notice he had magazines behind his bed and was wondering why then 1 time I didn't knock on his door just walked in and he had his pants down and rubbing again... so I just left he came out and I sat him down and I told him that he didn't do anything wrong and Im sorry I just walked in on him and explain why I did and the next time I want to come in I would knock on door and Im glad that he closed the door because I have a daughter and I always tell her if the door is closed knock on the door before opening because I don't want her to see what he was doing..... So I think its normal
 ratski1
Msg: 7
Posted: 6/16/2006 9:36:01 AM
hi i have 3 each boys n girls and my boys were bout 9 as well and yes thay live with me
 Juliet7899
Msg: 8
Posted: 6/17/2006 1:49:26 AM
I'm really (well I think) sure bout that 1! When u see him starting that u should have "the talk"
I mean my 4 year old for some strange reason when he is wearing overalls he sticks his hands in his underwear and leaves em there. I let him have his moments sometimes I tell him go to the potty Brenden...he does then I call his docter and ask him why does he do that at such a young age he says its just a phase and he'll grow out of it...I hope u take my advise!
-Alexandra
 joy
Msg: 9
Posted: 6/23/2006 1:14:48 PM
Hey,
I know what you are meaning my young boy at the time was age two,we just have to let them know that this is not a drity thing it is part of life.
 Chiwrtr72
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2007 10:03:37 PM
My own boy started humping the floor at 2...

9 is early but not so unusual. They get their first sex ed talk at 4th grade in many places so there you go... public education at work
 nocalsingledad
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2007 2:50:17 PM
Boys will experience orgasm at an earlier age than they can ejaculate. In other words, they will experience a "dry" orgasm until they reach something close to 14 or so. At what age they begin to masturbate in order to achieve orgasm probably depends on the age of the other kids they are hanging around with. Generally the first one in the group to experience an orgasm can't wait to tell their friends about it and show them exactly how to have one :) From that point forward it will be masturbation just for the pleasure of it.

Well, at least that is how it was when I was growing up. I guess I first found out about it and experienced my first "intentional" orgasm around 9 or 10 years old and experienced my first ejaculation at around 13 or so.
 rdcnorm
Msg: 12
Posted: 3/30/2008 1:18:35 PM
OP,
The answer to your question,,IS why not you just call a pediatrician,, or get some good info from early child development web sites,, info that your are looking for,, well this is a dating site, I would always suggest, when one really has important question,, go find a real source of information,,,

As for me,, I have no idea what age I was when I lost my first load, I remember my first kiss though,, I was 5,, I might have started soon there after..
 ridgerunner98570
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2009 4:53:48 PM
When a boy has his first ejaculation, the liquid isn't always white. Sometimes it can be rust coloured just as if it came from a rusty pipe. I was climbing a rope in the barn when my body had it's first experience so to speak. I hear that is not uncommon. This is also why boys tend to get a stiffy at the most inopportune moments. At that age, a little physical exertion can cause an erection. It's God's little joke on us boys for being boys who think with the wrong head. lol
 singlesuperdad
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2009 5:35:45 PM
God that was so long ago, I don't remember.
 singlesuperdad
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2009 6:29:47 PM
sugania, you better be ready they're already there, lol
No big deal though, they don't need any help, lol
no, all kidding aside, they are just doing what all guys do
 Velvetina
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2012 3:49:28 AM
Im glad you asked this question.. I have a 10 year old boy and a few days ago I walked past his bed room to see him "very actively Masturbating" I was shocked as I never realised he knew what it was for let alone do this to himself.

I know they have started sex education at school but Im sure they dont teach this art :-)

I am a single parent and do not have a "male" to discuss this with.

I want to approach this in the right way ..do I tell him I saw him, do I just let him get on with it ? I didnt see if there was an "end result" I wouldnt have thought at his age he would be able to achieve that or am I wrong ??

How do do the right thing ?
 lovefun99
Msg: 17
Posted: 10/31/2012 7:08:50 AM

I want to approach this in the right way ..do I tell him I saw him, do I just let him get on with it ? I didn't see if there was an "end result" I wouldn't have thought at his age he would be able to achieve that or am I wrong ??

How do do the right thing ?

No, do not tell him you saw him but you may want to have a talk about body functions etc.
Yes, he may be able to have an "end result" at that age, I did.
Mention that if he wants "private time" that he should keep his door closed.
Like it was stated before, keep a box of tissues in his room, parental controls etc. on computer, cell phone.
 Debisusanne
Msg: 18
Posted: 12/9/2012 9:47:21 AM
ya.. my boy found his penis fascinating from infancy

But i didnt realize he was serious with it till he stole my moisturizing lotion. I had to explain to him that alpahydroxy is a bad bad thing to put on a penis..

Im like.. i DO have cocoa butter.. eeek..
 Debisusanne
Msg: 19
Posted: 12/13/2012 5:31:44 AM
as a mom i surely did NOT want to know.. but.. Lotion missing.. with acid in it.. ugh.. time for a talk.

Honestly.. i never WORRIED when he was gonna start.. or stop.. or whatever.. he is just a boy.. its just what they do.. jeez

Child development wise.. i was more worried why my daughter only was growing one boob.. :)).. lol.. I did talk to the pediatrician about that..
 Tek_Savvy
Msg: 20
Posted: 12/13/2012 7:49:50 PM
Buy the boy some lube then he won't be using anything else. lol
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > What age do boys start masturbating ?