Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Scheherrazade
Msg: 7
would men beable to handle haveing a babyPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
It would cut down greatly on the population explosion because each and every man would say Sure, I can do that, and then never do it again. Each family would have only one child because there is no way a man would ever go thru that again.

Simbad, I would not say its worse that loosing a limb, but very smiliar to loosing the limb over and over for a several hour period.
 campgurl
Msg: 12
would men beable to handle haveing a baby
Posted: 6/10/2006 7:08:47 PM
If it were possible that men could carry and deliver a child I am sure they could handle it. I myself surprised myself at handling it. Yes it's a pain undescribable yet doable because we do it again if we want more kids. I honestly can't remember the pain after the moment I looked down at my own little cherub face in my arms. I'd do it again million times over if it was possible. I thank the Big Guy he made me a women! Sorry for your loss guys it's the most awesome experience anyone can ever have even with the pain, blood and other unmentionable things involved in the entire 9 mth process!
 Vale-Of-Tears
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2006 2:36:41 AM
Being 7 months pregnant ya'll scare the crap outta me! I've had some bad things happen to me but from what all the ladies are saying its almost unbearable! I might take drugs after all for the labor! - but men handling it ... yeah i believe they could ... ask me again in a few months

**for those that actually looked at my profile (if you are this type) to save you from posting "your too young" and yadda yadda I know this! I know im too young. That is where the whole You play You Pay phrase comes in. I dont believe in abortion and im not going to give it up to someone and worry about him for the rest of his life so I chose to keep him young or not hes my responsibility - and putting it nicely for those that have to read this that arent the type to fuss about "young kids having kids" - I chose to give up my "partying years" for this baby and I refuse to let it grow up and be anything like me. Okay im done ranting lol

campgurl
Msg: 20
Posted: 6/11/2006 8:08:55 AM
Vale of tears Congrats gurl and good for you! And it's a doable pain since you know millions have done it before you and will follow you. Enjoy your pregnancy and the naps right now cause you will need them! It's truly a miracle and you are blessed to become a mom! Best of luck and practice your kegals it does help!
 MelissaMelissa
Msg: 21
Posted: 6/11/2006 11:27:09 AM
This is a ridiculous thread. When will people learn that gender has nothing to do with personal ability. Some people are more able and some less. In this case, I'd say absolutely... if they had to do it they could.
 missmom781
Msg: 22
Posted: 6/11/2006 3:10:23 PM
if a mans body was designed to have a baby then yes he can handle it. Just as well as any woman could. Shoot from what I have read and seen most women get epidurals which leaves them feeling fine and dandy anyway, so no doubt a man could do it too.
 misskittee
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 6/14/2006 1:16:39 AM
There are a lot of jokes and not-so joking lines that people say "if men had to give birth...." The truth is...Men and women are built differently. I don't mean just the physical ability to have a child (uterus etc). Pain thresholds are different, tolerances are different and the mental "off switch" that makes us forget a traumatic even is a little different as well. In my opinion? Sure, if men were capable of giving birth they could do it. If someone just installed the equipment on a man without changing anything else? I don't think so. There are reasons why people are built the way they are my friends. Having had a baby (reallllllllly rough delivery) I can assure you...there are some very definite biological aids that are hard wired into a woman's body to make it easier. Vale of Tears, honey I hear you (I was barely 21 when my daughter was born) you can do this, and it's so worth it. If you need someone to talk to, go ahead and email me.
 sirtigger35
Msg: 25
Posted: 6/14/2006 4:08:29 PM
no we cant
and dont want to
you woman can have it
:D
 nashawn
Msg: 26
Posted: 6/14/2006 5:02:06 PM
I agree. I once had a kidney stone pass. painful.
 Flyers_Phan
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 6/15/2006 10:55:30 PM
I'm sure some men could handle it, just as some women can handle it, not all can. This higher pain threshold thing is nonesense, i see women freak out about getting a needle, just as I;ve seen some guys do the same. Everyone has their own pain tolerance level, mine is quite high, i can boast that i could probably very well handle having a kid, as stupid as it sounds. Sure a lot of guys get sick and act like babies, but so do a lot of women and its interesting that that example is always brought up. Stereotyping is so passe
 onlylivewunce
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2006 7:25:27 PM
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO ...who knows...but gosh i would pay anything to see it!!!
 im2big
Msg: 35
Posted: 6/20/2006 5:42:51 AM
There's no way men could EVER give birth. If we had to it would be the end of Mankind.
 justjazz
Msg: 36
Posted: 6/20/2006 6:09:41 AM
Such a silly argument....Men are deprived the joys and pains of pregnancy. It is something that no man can ever have. Could a man "bear" the pain..dont be silly of course he could. The joy of bringing a life into this world is something a woman should cherish and not diminish by comparing it to anything else. Sounds insane but I would have loved to have been able to bring one of my children into the world.
 treemanbdj
Msg: 37
Posted: 6/20/2006 1:40:26 PM
Interesting question..OP

Have to agree with whodeletedme... Thereshold of pain is not a problem. I've had a few medivac rides, knocked down on the interstate on a bike, the last medivac ride 18 broken bones from a support cable that cut lose on a building, and 4 days out of the ICU driving a truck, and no 'scripts filled for the pain killers.

However, I'm 100% behind kinkiboots (no pun intended) give that MAN an award.

Cooking, cleaning, and changing a diaper is all fine and cool. Be that said, I'll work 80 hour weeks and to the grave years (statistically) before the women, just so I don't have to do the 3 things women do???

A: Carry child to term,delivery and the aftermath!
B: Their monthly friend!!
C: Their half of a 69!!!

"................ Sounds insane but I would have loved to have been able to bring one of my children into the world".

That's not insane for a MAN, that's down right to deep of a feminine conflictional issue.What's next......"Honey, can you put this strap-on on. I would love to be able to feel like you"??

No, I salute the women! (no pun intended).

Happy to be a MAN,

BDJ
 justjazz
Msg: 38
Posted: 6/20/2006 2:29:57 PM
Quite a neandarthal comparison... childbirth to sodomy....if the shoe fits....climb a tree! LOL..oh wait..Im sorry...I was supposed to do some "sole searching"....only thing...I looked all over the bottom of my feet and found nothing...couldnt find a fish either LMAO
 iprenegade
Msg: 39
Posted: 7/1/2006 1:17:27 AM
all my ex's were complete babies themselves with just a cold, or flu, or when they got an 'owie' LOL

EXXXXXXXXXXXXCUUUUUUUUUSE ME . BABY. I DONT THINK SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Dont you even start
 bulldog1966
Msg: 41
Posted: 7/1/2006 8:28:21 AM
If I could do it, I would, in a minute, no question. Pain doesn't last forever, and ladies...at the end of the day... was it worth it?
 Man In New Hampshire
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 7/5/2006 11:02:23 PM
You really can't compare child birth to other tramas. After giving birth you have a child. After a trama you have pain for the rest of your life, scars from something you want to forget, and possibly some doctor bills, and nothing else.

If it were determined that it was up to me to give birth I would do it in a flash.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >