Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Stillalicious
Msg: 3
Midland man gets 5 years for killing daughterPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
My personal opinion is that anyone who commits a crime against children should be given very serious jail time. There is no excuse for hurting children and I honestly think that anyone who does should also be classed as a dangerous offender. So in short-no, 5 years isn't enough.
 bluedew
Msg: 6
Midland man gets 5 years for killing daughter
Posted: 6/11/2006 2:45:54 AM
Says a lot about our justice system doesn't it? Now they want to lower the age of consent, that makes sense. Obviously not old enough to be responsible now, what are we to do when 15 year olds come home pregnant? Read more of this? I was young and foolish, we were arguing, I lost my temper, and tossed the baby.
So he gets a slap on the wrist because he's sorry?
Makes me sick at heart.
 Stillalicious
Msg: 7
Posted: 6/11/2006 3:33:01 AM

Lets see if he makes his next 4 years in prison, 4 cuz he's already served 1 Ba$tard!

It will be less if he behaves.Remember he can get one third of his sentence off for good behavior and the one yr served will count towards that.
 DivineBovine
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2006 5:54:26 AM

Now they want to lower the age of consent, that makes sense.

WHERE did you get THIS idea????

from the thread title on this board a couple of weeks back????

they are RAISING the age of consent by 2 years!

*sheesh*

this man committed murder - he should be getting life!

if i was the Crown, i'd be appealing the sentence.
 MacGregrrrr
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2006 7:15:54 AM
Another sad story, to be sure - I remember a similar case years ago, prompting me to write a letter to the editor to the effect "we need a license to own a dog, but we allow any type of miscreant to have a child ...".
What kind of bully kills a baby?
And, I'm afraid I beg to differ with anybody who says they've experienced "borderline" frustration or anger when raising their own children ...
This particular murder is yet another example of "children having children" - while maturity is no guarantee for better parenting, I can only cite my own example - I've benefited immeasurably from being "older and wiser" as I raise my son, with the benefit of lessons passed on to me from friends and "life" in general ...
Ironic, isn't it, that prison inmates have an even stronger revulsion for child molesters, etc.?
 miss_jam76
Msg: 16
Posted: 6/11/2006 8:21:52 AM
That sentence is a joke...a mere slap on the wrist for alot of people out there.

Considering that in jail/prison, he gets 3 square meals a day, full use of an excercise area, schooling (if he wants it), a library, television, use of a telephone (collect only, but still), a tuck store (if his family cares enough to send money) and special entertainment events from time to time. PLUS, if they decide he's behaving well enough, he can have his sentence reduced or earn special priviledges. The only thing he's losing is his loss of joining the majority of the population. The ONLY thing this guy has to worry about is getting along with other inmates and staff. Not really fair when you consider everything this child (and the mother and rest of the family) are losing out on every day for the rest of their lives.

I find it not only appaling that this man THREW his baby, but then he put this poor baby to bed and just left him after throwing him - esentially leaving him to bleed to death internally. If he sincerely felt remourse, wouldn't he have done more to make sure this child was alright? This guy's a monster and deserved MUCH MUCH more. A lifetime sentence in a 3X5 with NO privledges to leave him with his own thoughts would have been too good
 JackBNimble
Msg: 34
Posted: 2/28/2007 9:27:17 PM
They're so busy picking on smokers and drivers ..they don't have time to work on the real problems around here . OMG ..the CBC has smoking areas !!!! call 911 .. bring on the smoke nazis ..this is way more important than dealing out proper justice for a child killer.
Our society's priorities are WAYYYYY outta wack .
 Rain.
Msg: 43
Posted: 11/2/2011 5:33:46 PM
you want this .....oh i get it ....you must be related. Yes im sure that child really pissed him off , enough to pay with her life. Way i see it....5 should be 50 i dont care how good he is with his kids now ....he wasnt so good back then was he now champ ? you mean....the news paper....had it wrong ? OMG this must be the first ....whats the new defense now....the kid was armed ? yes where was the mom ? i guess she didnt really feel up to protecting the dad to much eh.... check the date on this ....2005 ....want a shovel to dig up the next thread you want deleted? I say....this thread stays..... what say you!!!!
 Moonchild51
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 11/4/2011 6:59:17 AM
I really cannot believe that someone would step in here and ask for thread deletion and tell all what a "wonderful" father he is now. In all that is holy! He threw a tiny infant! Wtf? Isn't it just wonderful how no one speaks for these little creatures than cannot speak for themselves and the offenders get off? Who cares where the Mother was. He was the one who did the deed plain and simple. I truly believe that if he can hurt a tiny baby to the point of killing, he has no idea what love truly is and cannot love the children he has today. The bastid should have been sterilized! He doesn't deserve children.
 SleepyMcGee
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 11/4/2011 6:55:26 PM

He now has two kids and is absolutely wonderful with them and a great father.

Until he gets angry that is
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 46
Posted: 11/5/2011 7:42:02 PM
That's a real stupid person, and a real stupid judgement. Men get larger sentences for love letters or sending flowers uninvited these days.

Maybe chemical castration needs to be part of that sentence. (or at least a reversable vasectomy)

5 years.....for child murder (wow)

and alot of the stories written in the paper were wrong.

I'd love to hear the real story. It's true that things can get very spun from their true being when dealing with the courts, and the papers.

We're all ears..um..."eyes".

Spill. (please)
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 11/9/2011 4:36:19 AM

Write and say whatever you want but you were not there and you have no idea and he took that plea agreement to protect the mother.
So you're saying that he lied to the courts?

I'm sure that there was lying going on somewhere... but I highly doubt he's the innocent that you're claiming he is in this situation.

And I am related to him, I'm his wife.
Wow... you actually met and married this man after he murdered his daughter *and* you have children with him?

This wasn't some white collar crime he committed or even a crime of passion where the other person could protect themselves in the least. This was an innocent child that was tossed around like garbage...

Personally I wouldn't care if it was him that did the damage or the mother, that he either murdered or protected a murderer is equally heinous.
 Moonchild51
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 11/9/2011 8:20:08 AM

Write and say whatever you want but you were not there and you have no idea and he took that plea agreement to protect the mother.

And I am related to him, I'm his wife.

^^You sista, have my condolensces. This is really something that shouldn't be discussed here to be honest. It is sick and sad. A baby is dead at the hands of someone, be it your "hubby" or a combined effort of your "hubby" and his ex. Simply turns my stomach to be honest.
Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  >