Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > What fashion trend would you like to see make a comeback?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 captnjimbo
Msg: 19
view profile
History
What fashion trend would you like to see make a comeback?Page 5 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Did you ever want to walk up behind one of those guys whose jeans were so baggy that they had to hold them up as they walked, and just depants them? Hey, since we are the rebellious generation, maybe it's time to start a rebellion against baggy jeans!
 jjkitty
Msg: 20
What fashion trend would you like to see make a comeback?
Posted: 9/23/2006 7:07:40 PM
Healthy weight.
Casual glamour.
Super-long tube sox.
And on women's' clothing, these things called "sleeves".
Women's' shoes of the 40's and 50's ,and accessories.
 itsmeinco
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2006 11:00:55 PM
Miniskirts and see-through blouses.
 northernmiss
Msg: 23
Posted: 9/24/2006 2:38:12 PM
nakedity....might bring peace on earth

or is that "piece on earth"

The whole planet should be a nudist colony.

......I see a story line for a really bad B rate movie here.
 AgelessWonder
Msg: 24
Posted: 9/24/2006 2:42:37 PM
nudity worldwide could create a problem. All of Alaska would move to Hawaii
 AgelessWonder
Msg: 25
Posted: 9/24/2006 6:03:22 PM
No Way Muskola.. Nudity with sandals would be very unappealing
 eye4light
Msg: 26
Posted: 9/24/2006 8:57:08 PM

I'd like to see being-nice-to-people make a comeback. There's so much in-your-face-it's-all-about-me-ism these days.

...but I guess that's not really what you meant.

Then how about nice natural skin unblemished by poorly-designed tattoos and multiple holes?

Or maybe not having every guy have the very same shaved-head look.

Or anything besides everyone looking like a clone of someone who looks like a clone of someone else.

NOTE - no offense to those of you with lots of tats and piercings...I'm just ready for a change of scenery…maybe I’ve been around Silver Lake and Echo Park and the rest of LA and WeHo a bit too long.

eye4light
Msg: 27
Posted: 9/24/2006 9:10:08 PM

I still want to see the comeback of the three piece bathing suit!!

Well, that would certainly not look like a clone of someone else.

Hey bobby, will you post a picture of yourself in your three-piece so we can see if we want to help it make a comeback?

AgelessWonder
Msg: 28
Posted: 9/25/2006 6:00:49 AM

It is for ladies only!! two shoes and a hat...

Why bother with the shoes and hat. Just go to a nude beach!
 jjkitty
Msg: 29
Posted: 9/26/2006 9:13:31 PM
dOOd, YOU try wearin'one! Sure, it'll turn you on at first, but after a couple of years of wearing it EVERY SINGLE DAY, and pulling it up and down when you have to go to the bathroom.....you'll get tired of it too......
FREEEEEE WILLYYYYYYYY !!!!!!!
 AgelessWonder
Msg: 30
Posted: 9/27/2006 6:18:25 AM

Wasn't the girdle pretty much replaced by liposuction?

I wish it was that easy.... only for the very rich
 tinkerbellcgy
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 9/27/2006 6:19:02 AM
Oh, Eddie, you are just a ding-a-ling!

I can't say I remember a fashion trend for the men that included a bell shaped jacket but, then again, maybe I'm just too young. teehee

Tink, Calgary
 tinkerbellcgy
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 9/27/2006 7:01:59 AM
Okay, why didn't you say "pea coat" in the first place. Now I know what fashion trend you speak of. Duh, sometimes I am sooooo blonde!

Tink, Calgary
 jjkitty
Msg: 33
Posted: 9/27/2006 9:50:16 AM
Hmmmmmm..........
smells like fish....
 BRASS
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2006 4:51:42 PM
I just wish that people would dress up better. So many people wear clothes like they are going to a beach or a worm wrestle. Look at the clothes they wore in the movies from the fourties. Even the villians wore a suit and tie. I just think that we culd all just use a little class.

I'm really into cowboy boots, and a duster with the proper big brimmed hat.
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 35
Posted: 9/28/2006 6:06:09 PM
...Some of the styles out there I wish I has never set my eyes on in the first place. The low low rise pants their all wearing...geez I've seen more butt cracks than I care to. Now apparently their coming out with the tight, tight black pants, you guys will probably love that.
Thats something I cetainly will not be wearing.....one thing I did like that is back is the long pencil skirts, they look great with boots.

...maeflowers
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 36
Posted: 9/28/2006 7:07:40 PM
If you continue to talk about soft flannel, your gonna get somebody mighty excited on this site muskoka. I've got a pair of long black boots, I just love them. I was happy for the weather change just so that I could wear them.

...maeflowers
 dust2gold
Msg: 37
Posted: 10/8/2006 6:45:38 AM
Nice hats like they wore in the 30-40s before my time. Definately more class than baseball caps.
 vrb1955
Msg: 38
comeback?
Posted: 10/8/2006 9:09:30 PM
Yes skinny jeans are back ... for skinny men and women with no hips. Everything old is new again..Only they don't make it in my size

And thank GOD the jeans are back up on the natural waist . I'm so sick of seeing butt crack and nasty looking tatoos .And can we PLEASE stop wearing pj's as daywear?

Boots are a great fashon statement with jeans or a long skirt. Take that maxi coat out the closet ladies it's back as well as the sweater coat

And Amen to the person that said people don't dress anymore. Not even to weddings , church or funerals it's a shame
 bearwoman1959
Msg: 39
comeback?
Posted: 10/8/2006 10:00:15 PM
I kind of like the fact that you can wear anything these days and get away with it. There's too many other stresses in life to worry about what to wear. As long as nothing's hanging out that shouldn't be, you're comfortable, and you don't wear polka dots with plaid, what the hell? I usually wear jeans when I go out of the house, loungwear or sweats at home. I've noticed a certain "slacking off" when it comes to dressing up. Even churches allow you to wear jeans to Sunday services. If that's what it takes to get the people there, so be it. Personally, I usually only get dressed up if someone's getting married or buried, that still requires a certain standard of dress, unless it's a biker wedding, lol. I still remember having to get dressed up to go shopping downtown, gloves, hat, the works. I'm glad it's not required anymore. Makes life a little easier.
 bearwoman1959
Msg: 40
comeback?
Posted: 10/9/2006 5:43:01 AM
Showing boobage was a sign of respect to God? Figures a man would decide that. But that round belly thing, yeah, they need to bring that back. I'd finally be in style.
 bearwoman1959
Msg: 41
Posted: 10/11/2006 2:15:04 AM
That's okay, bras are bad enough. Let's bring back the M.C. Hammer pants. Can't touch this!!!
 packleader
Msg: 42
Posted: 10/15/2006 1:16:54 PM
According to Wharton School Of Business economist George Taylor(back in the twenties)and his Short Skirt Theory~~~When skirts get shorter the stock market is in for boom times~~So I say bring back the Mini-Skirt and let the good times roll.
 BLoNde__ANgeL
Msg: 43
Posted: 4/24/2012 6:48:44 PM
FRye boots for men & 70's clothes on men...jeans that hug their butt...

for women...it keeps going in cycles, so it seems to keep coming back, LOL

just no poodles skirts, bobbie sox, or saddle shoes!
 TraveliciousGuy
Msg: 44
Posted: 4/24/2012 6:58:54 PM
Women burning their bras.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > What fashion trend would you like to see make a comeback?