Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 justmeinnc05
Msg: 3
so are there still marriage minded people Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I would love to met the right man and get married, but it would have to be the right one. At present I am having trouble finding one I just want to have coffee with. So it won't be happening anytime soon!!!
 justmeinnc05
Msg: 15
so are there still marriage minded people
Posted: 6/11/2006 3:58:47 PM

Hey now some of us guys want the family thing with marriage! At least I do.

By the family thing, do you mean children? What happened to the idea that when you got married you had the family thing with or without children? I would be happy to find just one that still believed that. Should I add just one man. Of course that alone would not be enough.
 wolfskshuntress
Msg: 18
Posted: 6/11/2006 4:22:42 PM
Msg 1, i am marriage-minded, however, i choose not the easy road .. Friends, Dating, Long Term .. i choose the road less travelled .. and while it is a lonely road, at times .. i am sure that this road will lead me to the woman of my dreams ..
 Say Hi to David
Msg: 26
Posted: 6/11/2006 7:25:11 PM
HELL YES! As of only half a year ago, I'd have said the opposite. But I ended up meeting special, screwing it up, realizing my loss after the fact, and knowing that I am ready for a real commitment...given the right woman, of course.

There is a caveat though. And I'll catch crap for it. But I won't do it again without a prenup. If that's a problem, then we we aren't for each other.
 designingwoman
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2006 9:54:21 PM
I am very much interested in marrying someone special in the future. Marriage is something important to me, and I value marriage very much. I hope that I do meet someone who is also marriage minded.

DW
 Wild Heart
Msg: 52
Posted: 6/14/2006 7:05:07 AM
I am marriage minded, but I would call it commitment minded more than marriage minded. I don't need to be married to be loyal and committed. When I give my heart, loyalty etc., to someone - I mean it.
 Trishnaa
Msg: 59
Posted: 6/14/2006 4:45:31 PM
I'm not sure about this question.I know I have to be married one day.But until then I'm happy staying a nun.

~*Flavia*~
 BIG NIGGA
Msg: 64
Posted: 6/14/2006 7:12:35 PM
"meet me at the alter with your white dress we aint gettin no younger so we might as weel to it...."

i belive in marriage.....it's the ultimate symbol of love but it's sad that many don't last....
 Billbug
Msg: 75
Posted: 7/19/2006 1:20:16 AM
Hey, I love marriage...that's why I've been married 3 times...
 Huggablehottie
Msg: 77
Posted: 9/16/2006 8:14:02 PM
Yes........here I am.
 passionteman
Msg: 79
Posted: 9/16/2006 8:19:05 PM
I am marriage-minded. As soon as the right lady comes along, we go at it. :)
 Wolfcova
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2006 6:29:28 PM
Yes I have been married twice. The first I chose to leave and the second I became a widow. No my choice. Through both experiences I learned valuable lessons. So would I do it again? Yes in a heartbeat. But that person would have to be very special. In a world full of cynics there are a few good people out there. Finding that person is the challenge.
 wurl
Msg: 90
Posted: 9/17/2006 8:18:02 PM
Marriage minded? What does that really mean?

If this means making an ongoing effort to become married, no. I feel complete as I am and I already have children.

This is not to say that I wouldn't enjoy a long-term or even forever relationship with a woman that would inspire me.

Outside of raising children, I see no motive/purpose for a legal marriage.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >