Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 obmij2
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Custodial dads how much money did it cost you to get custody?Page 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Yep I'm battling the NC family court system as well. This state is supposed to be a 50/50 custody state where the father and mother are entitled to equal custody under the law HOWEVER it's up to the family court justices to enforce those laws and they do it with a heavy prejudice against fathers. I filed for custody in March and don't even have a court date yet. My ex had a suicide attempt in March and had to be hospitalized for 10 days. She is now diagnosed as "bipolar" and is on disability and still I was unsuccessful in my first attempt at custody because she lives with her retired parents and I am a single father who lives alone. That same judge would have no problem awarding custody to a single unemployed mother yet wouldn't hear my case. In fact it happens everyday. I have no criminal record and no history of violence or drug abuse. I own my own business and have for 15 years. I am stable. There is no reason why I shouldn't have full custody under the circumstances and I have spent 7,000 in legal fees just trying to get the court to enforce the joint custody that I am entitled to. Further more when she was in the hospital she told the case worker that I wasn't contributing enough. I pay her 150.00 per week cash, Pay a 300.00 per month car payment, & Pay 185.00 per week day care among other expenses in return get almost no time with my son and now i have to show monthly receipts and reports to the child support agency just because she said so and despite the facts that i have three years worth of returned checks to the contrary. I would gladly give every thing that I own and every thing I ever will own for my son's well being but the truth is the court is not looking out for him they are protecting her. My lawyer says things will work out once we get our day in court. I can not wait.
 daddy-day-care
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Custodial dads how much money did it cost you to get custody?
Posted: 7/2/2008 12:54:35 AM
hello from australia
Its cost me $80,000 +, 1 yr in courts, i saw my kids for 6weeks out that year, now 9 court cases later i am found without fault, i have the family home, i have a job, i have the car etc...

On the other hand she had her legal cost paid buy the state, has nowhere to live, no job, no car, has being court out lying through out the whole court case.

Now the judge decicded to do share care 50/50

The mother refuses to comunicate she has being orded she is not allowed at change overs because of the trouble she starts etc... i ask how is share care supposed to work??? the kids have had no education in 8 months?? and she is a qualified teacher??

and the law says we are to be treated as eaquals?
 tmbmx
Msg: 63
Custodial dads how much money did it cost you to get custody?
Posted: 7/2/2008 6:54:28 PM
Nothing she left after 19 years says she did not want to be a wife or a mother anymore. Although it take 5 years to get leagaly divorced. SHe did notwant that part. LOL
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >