Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > What's up with men and ankles?????      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Trishnaa
Msg: 15
What's up with men and ankles?????Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
^^^^Okay thanks. I got the answer finally.

~*Flavia*~
 passionteman
Msg: 16
What's up with men and ankles?????
Posted: 6/25/2006 3:00:10 PM
Women are beautiful... period. So I enjoy look at every beauty they have including feet, legs, ankle etc.
 newblue1970
Msg: 17
Posted: 12/4/2008 8:21:25 AM
Woman have ankles?? Who knew!
 BadForumGuy
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 12/4/2008 9:05:51 AM
In parts of the country where the weather is cold, ankles are the one way you can tell how big the woman is under the coat. Fat ankles = forget it.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 19
Posted: 12/4/2008 9:50:47 AM

The truth is most guys do not like thick ankles. However, the opposite is that if you find a guy that likes your thick ankles. He will not leave your side for a skinny ankled women.
In fact, He will run the other way because it probably will make him sick to look anything but.
Now, that I have said all this. I would say to anybody especially all you women out there. Just be happy and proud of what ever you been given by god and nature and work from there.
Yes, there is good in all things.

How very strange to have found this here. I had no idea I had posted here previously until I saw this. Thank you (first of all.) The only reason I wandered in here today is that this exact topic came up here at home this morning. I concede ~ you are so correct. The SO in my life said nearly these exact words to me this morning. He can't stand tiny calves or thin ankles. It's been mentioned a few times previously and I just sort of figured he knew this was my "obsession" (of sorts) and was helping with my own body-image issues. But nope. He truly can't stand the sight of tiny calves or ankles. Bless you both and those who didn't even realize we have ankles. I'm sorry that you didn't find what you were hoping to, however. My sister/best-friend is here on POF and we are built very similar, but she has the most adorable tiny calves/ankles. I have always wished for that, until today. And it's now been heard and read here in print ~ thank you. There really is good stuff in all things some days.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 20
Posted: 12/4/2008 9:55:29 AM
Sorry OP ~ double post. :13:
 c_deacon
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 12/4/2008 10:04:56 AM
Is this any different than those body builders who work so hard on their upper body, and try to work on the thighs, but for some reason can not get the lower legs proportionate to the rest of their body?........

Seeing a well developed woman with skinny ankles and lower legs, just does not do anything for me. I will say that the opposite is true as well, when you have a woman that is very tiny in the waist, and has very thick legs and ankles.....

To each his own I guess, and it has always turned my head to see a nice looking woman that has developed legs, and pretty ankles that are proportionate and shown in many ways.

Maybe this is why I enjoy heels on women, a sensual ankle tattoo, and/or bracelet that highlights lower extremities.......

Just my opinion.......
 compleat_man
Msg: 22
Posted: 12/4/2008 10:07:46 AM

Sometimes this culture can be comically puritanical... It's fine for man to declare himself to be a leg man/ breast man ..but if he strays from the norm and gets turned on to feet ankles elbows then its like "gasp" omg how weird!"

ah, but sweet Sepia..

my you do have lovely ankles..!
 compleat_man
Msg: 23
Posted: 12/4/2008 10:08:45 AM
well in some countries/cultures ( where women wear the burqua) about the only part you can see are their ankles..?

but ankles are so much nicer than "cankles"..

(apologies if this statement resembles or offends any person, real or fictional, in any way, shape or form..)
 newblue1970
Msg: 24
Posted: 12/4/2008 10:19:38 AM
Regarding women like verygreeneyez that stress about things like ankles. (although its great that she doesnt anymore!)

Stolen and modified from a commercial - Picture 2 guys sitting in a bar, and one of them, looking downcast confides in the other "You know, I have my fathers thick eyebrows. And I HATE them!"

Can you just imagine men talking like this?? I find it amazing that men and women share the same DNA sometimes...
 SMMB1971
Msg: 25
Posted: 12/4/2008 11:17:46 AM
My last b/f told me that I had gorgeous ankles, had never been told that before so asked what he thought was so great about them. He continued to admire my ankles, knees and legs while telling me that I had a body builders dream body as little joints will apparently make the muscles around them appear larger.
 johnm23357
Msg: 26
Posted: 12/4/2008 12:40:17 PM
Ankles don't do a lot for me but I sure do like pretty legs.
 TheLimey
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 12/4/2008 9:31:56 PM

A woman with cankles can always buy a canklet

I think the technical term when they are supersized is "shackles"

So, we have 2 firm rules:
#1: Ankles not cankles
#2: Eyebrows, not Sharpie Art
 compleat_man
Msg: 28
Posted: 12/5/2008 7:23:45 AM

One ex-boyfriend of mine once traced my ankle with his finger, for I would say, 5 minutes. It was one of the most erotic moments of my life. Can't explain it. I can't even begin to tell you about my wrists...

yes, too bad more people don't know that the entire body can be an 'erogenous zone'.

I have had woman orgasm before with touch, stroking, kissing and licking, and nibbling on the inside of her wrist, forearm & elbow :)
 compleat_man
Msg: 29
Posted: 12/5/2008 7:24:45 AM

even worse is the "gunt" ..figure it out.. ;)
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 30
Posted: 12/5/2008 9:52:51 AM

even worse is the "gunt" ..figure it out.. ;)

I've added a new term today. OMG ~ too funny!! Yet so wrong on so many levels. ****Snort****

When did shackles become a bad thing?

~OT~ I read somewhere that our "body flaws" that we think we have, usually aren't our real flaw(s). In hindsight ~ I've been so obsessed in the past with knees/ankles I'm now going to have to figure out something else to worry about.
 msorte
Msg: 31
Posted: 10/23/2010 5:12:28 PM
I totally look at all women's ankles and actually prefer thicker ankles than skinnier ones.
 mrcs84
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 10/23/2010 11:14:58 PM
This is definitely new to me. No guy I've ever associated with had a thing for ankles. But just like any other fetish, everyone has their quirks.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > What's up with men and ankles?????