Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 514
Men over 55!Page 16 of 23    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23)

We put on his shirt not only because it is close to hand but because it feels (and smells) really good !

Ummm, yes. That too *grins*
 mjinict
Msg: 515
view profile
History
Men over 55!
Posted: 12/22/2012 10:44:34 AM
Cowboy: I feel sorry for the unsuspecting women meeting you, with the waitstaff snickering in the background. Can you not tell by their pictures/profile if they were attractive or interesting? Maybe a little more research and discernment before you meet if you are having such bad luck...(I wonder if the tables are ever turned and the women feel like running when they see you?)
 mjinict
Msg: 517
view profile
History
Men over 55!
Posted: 12/23/2012 3:55:57 PM
I don't blame ya there. I would make sure their pics are current and if they lie and you are disapointed, you shouldn't buy their dinner. (Nice tactic on your profile).
 Ready_Real
Msg: 518
Men over 55!
Posted: 12/23/2012 9:47:15 PM
The self-delusion of some (within the past two pages on this thread alone at least 2 specifically "inspiring" this reply) "men over 55" is truly enlightening to behold. Ah well, it's the holiday season:
-- you're both beyond drop dead gorgeous;
--it's no wonder 80% of the insufficiently attractive women you meet are heartsick when they don't receive a kiss from the likes of your smoldering lips and rock hard, um, abs;
---and of course you should hold out for those 35-40 year olds. After all, neither of you looks a day over 35-40.

Ho. Ho. Ho. And God Bless Us, Every One! Ho Ho Hum.
 Paderic
Msg: 519
Men over 55!
Posted: 12/24/2012 7:51:57 AM
All of these threads where people go on and on whining about the opposite gender passing them up make me want to just grab the posters by the shoulders and give them a good shake. I want to ask them, "What do you have that he/she wants?" Because that is the bottom line. So you're a nice guy or a good woman. So freaking what? The world is overflowing with people that think they are nice and good. If you don't have anything else to offer, the world is going to reject you. You need to get off your butt and become someone the opposite sex will want. Sorry, but that's just how it is no matter how many birthdays you've had.
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 520
Men over 55!
Posted: 12/24/2012 7:58:17 AM
it's no wonder 80% of the insufficiently attractive women you meet are heartsick when they don't receive a kiss from the likes of your smoldering lips and rock hard, um, abs;
---and of course you should hold out for those 35-40 year olds. After all, neither of you looks a day over 35-40.

Thanks for the healthy dose of Christmas sarcasm and keeping it Real. I think internet dating has been a great engine for keeping the delusional train running strong for both sexes.

You need to get off your butt and become someone the opposite sex will want

Most people have relatively narrow limits on how much then can change themselves so more likely they just need to accept and embrace who they are and find someone who accepts and embaraces that.
 timeforall
Msg: 521
Men over 55!
Posted: 12/24/2012 10:50:43 AM

You need to get off your butt and become someone the opposite sex will want

That might be a tall order. You can't make yourself chronologically younger, can't make yourself more intelligent, and though you can dress yourself up, if you are unattractive it is difficult, especially in older age, to do something about. Most of the unfit, fat women are not going to become svelte, toned and athletic looking in their fifties and sixties. The time to have done that, if you let yourself go, is probably long past. If you treat your body like garbage in your thirties and forties, its probably too late to do something about thereafter.
 Paderic
Msg: 522
Men over 55!
Posted: 12/24/2012 1:34:30 PM
Most of the unfit, fat women are not going to become svelte, toned and athletic looking in their fifties and sixties. The time to have done that, if you let yourself go, is probably long past. If you treat your body like garbage in your thirties and forties, its probably too late to do something about thereafter.

Sitting on your tush whining about it certainly isn't going to get you anywhere except where you already are.

There are a lot of unattractive men and women that are in happy relationships. The reason for that is they found something in themselves that the other person wanted.
 Ready_Real
Msg: 523
Men over 55!
Posted: 12/24/2012 1:46:12 PM
Dear Guys over 55 Who Know What's What (and are unfortunately for the likes of me seem to be Where's where:(

You totally rock! Thank you for all the great support this past year ---- both on this 45+ forum (the only one i "do" ---- good god, some of the other ones are just a bit oh so not for me, and others of the other ones seem filled with geniuses in specialty fields where i dare not tread lest i make an imbecile of my Swiss cheese skills!)

So as i was saying: this 45+ place is IMO one piece of prime property. Your wit, your smarts, your encouragement, and your genuine kindness have been a source of some real joy and laughter. And most of all, helped the lonely times seem less alone! Too damn bad we all can't live closer. But c'est la guerre as my beloved dad (a WWII and Korea combat engineer double-battlefield commissioned and tougher than nails ---- except when he was softer than love:) used to say.

So from this old babe to you old bucks, Merry Merry Christmas! And may some of us? a few of us? ok ok ONE of us??? get lucky in 2013 and be out of the water walking on air next Christmas.

xoxoxo "RR"
 gofurguy
Msg: 524
Men over 55!
Posted: 12/26/2012 11:29:09 AM
from what i have seen on pof, its all about packaging, if your trying to market anything for sale , and yes ladies i realize for sale isnt the right words , but humor me .its all about the wrapping and presentation, some ladies take time to take nice pics, clear and concise showing their attributes , for me its eyes and smile, if your an outdoor lady thats great but guys still want to see their lady at her best , no different that ladies wanting to see their guy at his best. toss that sweatshirt,put on something nice, we can all dress down after we make the sale , but its nice to know and see , i can have a real stunner if she wants .
 Daitai
Msg: 525
view profile
History
Men over 55!
Posted: 12/26/2012 6:55:49 PM
I am now 61 and had a near death experience in 2006 when I was in a coma for 3 and a half weeks and in Bumrungrad hospital for a month in Bangkok, lost my spleen and am lucky to be alive and take each day as it comes, the plans are mans but the odds are Gods and God works in mysterious ways. God bless you all because I am a good man and bless you.
 NWCoast
Msg: 526
Men over 55!
Posted: 12/26/2012 7:13:00 PM
OK Kitkat45, You definitely have more years than you think you have to be desirable. I'm a man and definitely over 55 and looking for the last love of my life. I loved being married and was for 26 years. Because I'm widowed, maybe I have a different outlook and optimism on what "long term" means. But I don't think I'm that different than most guys.
 jaxee
Msg: 527
view profile
History
Men over 55!
Posted: 12/27/2012 11:17:20 AM
i just found this forum. I am 57 and all of pics are recent ones. I don't want anyone who thinks i look too old or fat to contact me. I have found that the older men seem to want the younger women who can make them feel younger. I am a real woman who wants to meet someone and i find that i have a problem because i am older and doesn't have a models figure. A woman my age who has had children doesn't have that figure anymore.
 siestabeachlover
Msg: 528
Men over 55!
Posted: 12/27/2012 5:17:15 PM
Most of us are on the verge of being a dried up old fart. How we look should be the least of our concerns. Good health, a sound mind, financial stabilty. These are real issues, some people never evolve, really.
 mlb33161
Msg: 529
Men over 55!
Posted: 12/27/2012 5:38:48 PM
Older men may think they want and can get a much younger woman when they are in their 50's, but unless they have a millionaire's bank account the 20 something sweetie pies are not gonna be heating their sheets. But they don't wake up to this fact till they're in their 60's and that leaves us 50 something ladies with a much smaller pool to fish in it seems. I have recent pics (days old) and I have dated men my age that have posted pics from ten years ago when I first started online dating. Now I'm a lot wiser and ask for a recent pic! I'm not looking for a model either, but I don't want to date someone that is so insecure about their looks they can't post a recent pic!
 BlackLady1953
Msg: 530
view profile
History
Men over 55!
Posted: 12/27/2012 5:39:41 PM
When I read what siestabeachlover said, I knew that was a female. Because she made too much sense!
 ndependentlady
Msg: 531
Men over 55!
Posted: 12/27/2012 7:26:09 PM
Cowboy, In this day of technology everybody has a smartphone, so if ur conversing, why not exchange real time pictures and even videos so "what you see is actually what you get" Really who in their right mind has time to waste and only to end up embarrassed ? Food 4 Thought..."We on this forum, have lived more of our lives than we have left to live" So let's not waste any of it trying to fool anybody about anything, lets enter 2013 like we're a club at a club, having a good time together while we're alone. Since I been of pof, I've become addicted to the forums because of all the interesting people here like you, we can "laugh at"," cry for" ",listen to" " even heal" each others pain & guess what, we might even get hooked up by referral cause we all know somebody that's just perfect for somebody else don't we?

New Years Resolution - No more cat fighting on Over 45 forum Oh yea RR you Rock! thanks 4 telling it like it is.
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 532
Men over 55!
Posted: 12/27/2012 7:39:04 PM
I have found that the older men seem to want the younger women who can make them feel younger

Does that mean that when younger men want older women they do it because it provides them the opportunity to "feel" older.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 533
Men over 55!
Posted: 12/27/2012 9:06:18 PM

Does that mean that when younger men want older women they do it because it provides them the opportunity to "feel" older.

Why yes. They take advantage of the opportunity to "feel" those older women.
 ohenryx
Msg: 534
view profile
History
Men over 55!
Posted: 12/28/2012 7:27:16 AM

mlb33161
Older men may think they want and can get a much younger woman when they are in their 50's, but unless they have a millionaire's bank account the 20 something sweetie pies are not gonna be heating their sheets. But they don't wake up to this fact till they're in their 60's and that leaves us 50 something ladies with a much smaller pool to fish in it seems.

You could always try dating the men in their 60’s who have “woken up to the facts”. You seem to like younger yourself, I note that your age restrictions are 11 years younger and only 4 years older?

Okay, okay, I admit it, you’re beautiful, I’m sure you can attract plenty of men 40 and even younger.

BlackLady1953
When I read what siestabeachlover said, I knew that was a female. Because she made too much sense!

Now that is a great example of a “polarizing” statement.

I agree that siestabeachlover made sense, but I did not “know” the sex of the poster until I went and checked her profile. There are a lot of posters here, both men and women, who make very good sense in their posts. And I think siestabeachlover (although quite new to these forums), is going to make a very nice addition to our group of regular posters.

ndependentlady
Cowboy, In this day of technology everybody has a smartphone, so if ur conversing, why not exchange real time pictures and even videos so "what you see is actually what you get"

Another new addition to our ranks, welcome! Glad to see you here.

After you have been here a while, you will find that many of the posters here in the over 45 forum don’t even have a cell phone, much less a smart phone. And many of those who do have a cell phone are adamantly opposed to texting, never mind “real time pictures and even videos”.

ndependentlady
New Years Resolution - No more cat fighting on Over 45 forum

Good luck with that one! I keep trying to stay out of trouble, but it ain’t easy.

Halcyon_Skies

Why yes. They take advantage of the opportunity to "feel" those older women.

Naughty, naughty. You know it’s all your fault, if you didn’t look so damned good, all of those younger men would not want to “feel” you.
 conbrio2
Msg: 535
Men over 55!
Posted: 12/28/2012 7:57:09 AM
Cowboy, I am surprised that you have so many first meets where the women are not how they resented themselves online. You have been here for quite a while, and don't seem like the type of guy to be easily fooled, at least judging from your forums persona.

Is it possible if it looks too good to be true maybe it isn't? After all if you are exchanging emails with a woman who used her daughters photos, but gave her true age... Well not many of us can pass for out daughters. Not even me ;)

And while of course appearance is important, maybe you place too much value on a pic? A lot of people don't photograph well. Could you be passing up some genuine women who might be right for you? After all if you have met 200 women, it's surprising you are still looking.

Just some thoughts. May everyone find what they look for, be happy and stay safe .
 mlb33161
Msg: 536
Men over 55!
Posted: 12/30/2012 3:56:03 PM

You could always try dating the men in their 60’s who have “woken up to the facts”. You seem to like younger yourself, I note that your age restrictions are 11 years younger and only 4 years older?

Okay, okay, I admit it, you’re beautiful, I’m sure you can attract plenty of men 40 and even younger.

Exactly...the men I meet "in the real world" out with my friends dancing or where ever are in their 60's and have realized they are Not going to be getting the younger hot babe in their fantasies! lol! My last serious relationship was with a man my age, but it was long distance and didn't work out. My ex husband is 10 years younger than me and yes I think I would prefer a younger man rather than a 60 something. I'm very energetic and most 40 year old's can't keep up with me! The 50 yr old's I date from this site are pretty boring too :( I don't know if women are posting old pics and lying about their weight, but the men I've dated here are posting pics from ten years ago and it's laughable! Except I'm not laughing because they are wasting my time! Be who you are! I don't care if you have hair or extra pounds or whatever...but be real...nothing worse than showing up for a date and you don't even recognize the guy! Amazing they have the guts to show up!
 beenhereatimeor2
Msg: 537
view profile
History
Men over 55!
Posted: 12/30/2012 4:29:47 PM
Gotta love the guys who invite you to coffee and then don't buy you one.
 Lostnwandering
Msg: 538
Men over 55!
Posted: 12/30/2012 9:44:07 PM
{quote}Women are often heartless{quote}

Really !! Say it ain't so.......No,that's pretty much the case if things don't go the way they want. But then we all make our own beds.
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 539
Men over 55!
Posted: 12/30/2012 9:51:54 PM
Gotta love the guys who invite you to coffee and then don't buy you one.

Gotta love the girls who are so cheap to offer to buy thier own coffee when they have no interest in you. Or better yet the ones who agree to meet you for a coffee but expect you to buy them dinner even though they have no interest past a free meal - I guess they expect to be compensated for thier inconvienience.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >