Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Blue-Eyes-Shine
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Men over 55!Page 2 of 23    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23)
^^So we have to be half naked and want to sleep with a guy we randomly met at a party for a few minutes. Classy.
 WaywardWynde
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Men over 55!
Posted: 12/21/2009 5:47:42 PM
Some people have more fun than others.

(I need to post long messages to get posted with short messages.)

~Azul Ojos~
Msg: 64
Men over 55!
Posted: 12/21/2009 6:12:08 PM
^^So we have to be half naked and want to sleep with a guy we randomly met at a party for a few minutes. Classy.

It seems that some people are not very selective, and are willing to compromise...
Quantity seems to prevail over Quality for some people.

I think it explains alot...

Someone above said it (not exact words...) We could be with someone for the company, but it may not be the person we have a mental/emotional connection with.
I know that is true in my case. I get asked out often, and will only accept if there is a possible connection on a mental and emotional level.
 Brownlady1953
Msg: 66
Men over 55!
Posted: 12/22/2009 3:38:53 PM
Yes, men and WOMEN over 55 have fantasies...

My fantasy is that I will find a nice man, around 55 years old, give or take a few years, that is mentally, emotionally, and financially stable, has a few things in common with me (including good morals), and doesn't look pregnant.....and that we will meet, spend time together, and develop a long term relationship......

My daughter says I sound like someone who is "on crack", or some other mind-altering substance.....
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 67
Men over 55!
Posted: 12/22/2009 3:54:37 PM
I must admit, it's a little mystifying to me. You're attractive, nice, funny, adventurous, independent...

...You forgot intelligent.....Wait a minute...was that intentional? (lol)

what's going on up there in Alberta?

...Not a damn thing....must be the frigid temperatures, nobody wants to come out and play.

...maeflowers
 cotter
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Men over 55!
Posted: 12/23/2009 2:39:58 PM
From the OP ...
I have now seen a few posts from you folks who say that men over 55 are more or less into fantasy and not the dating scene!
Yuppers ... a lot of them act like they want to date ... you write to them, they write back and say they are interested in meeting, and then all you get are emails from time to time.

When I asked one of the men what was up with that ... he actually wrote back to say more than anything ... he enjoys fantasizing about me and my legs.

Say WHAT????

A few were really, really hot and showing it. Two of the hot women wanted me to get a room in the hotel where the event was held and I...well, a gentleman never tells.
See what I mean? Proof right there that men over 55 ... fantasies galore!!!

LMAO
 prof48
Msg: 69
Men over 55!
Posted: 12/23/2009 3:12:05 PM
You know, I doubt that men over 55 are in a fantasy world any more than men under 55. Most likely this rumor is begun by women who are afraid that they don't measure up, or have been told that they don't measure up, to a particular older man's preferences.

I know, I know. We were all the same in our twenties (but that was driven by hormones) Now we're a pretty diverse group.
 MAGIC_MARCO
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Men over 55!
Posted: 12/23/2009 3:18:29 PM

See what I mean? Proof right there that men over 55 ... fantasies galore!!

Okay, I'll admit to having fantasies. Usually about three seconds after I open certain profiles. But then I act on those profiles.
The trouble is , and always has been , you have wait in the queue with a few hundred numbnutz', BSers, liars ,and wankers, all the while the lady gets to window shop to her heart's content.

Gee ,does that sound whiny? Maybe so, but I don't make any of this stuff up. I don't have to at this point.
 cotter
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Men over 55!
Posted: 12/23/2009 4:27:39 PM

Most likely this rumor is begun by women who are afraid that they don't measure up, or have been told that they don't measure up, to a particular older man's preferences.
Yes, well some older men ... all they can have are fantasies. So let's not take that away from them ... eh? Let's allow them their fantasies.

... you have wait in the queue with a few hundred numbnutz', BSers, liars ,and wankers, all the while the lady gets to window shop to her heart's content.
And I guess it all depends upon which profile a person is sitting behind ... as to who is standing in the queue.

As I've seen in here ... it appears there are just as many women who feel like they too are in the queue with a few hundred other ladies ... just waiting to be noticed ... all the while the man gets to window shop to his heart's content. I think all who are truly "looking" ... have that feeling from time to time.

For us "plain Jane" types ... as we sit here reading on and on about the misadventures and whining of men and the women they have chosen to "fall" for ... we wonder if any man will ever be interested ... or even cast a glance.

For us "smart and talented" (aka "skilled") types ... again, we read about all those men out there who tell their tales of woe ... how the women used them and took them to the bank ... we wonder if any smart or talented man would cast a glance our way ... or are they just programed to go after the dumb "Barbie" types forever after?

Speaking of which ... I think it's pretty apparent (reading through the threads in here) about how many men do go after the dumb "Barbie" types and actually think or "imagine" anything substantial is going to materialize from that.

Now if that isn't fantasy, what is?

Maybe the OP was referring to preferences when speaking of "fantasy". We all have our preferences and I suppose it might be "fantasy" to think that we could get all of our personal preferences ... rolled up into one person ... that actually makes our socks roll up and down.
 kari135
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Men over 55!
Posted: 12/23/2009 6:29:42 PM
I'll admit I'm not a man over 55, but I am over 55. And I have a nice little fantasy going too, it's that somewhere out there will be a man around my age who won't feel threatened by being contacted first, or intimidated by a woman who - horror of horrors! - actually has a brain and knows how to use it.

Ain't fantasies just great?
 cotter
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Men over 55!
Posted: 12/23/2009 7:48:22 PM
^^^^Wow Kari (Message 75) ...
I'm with you on that one, but be careful. You say something like that in the "Over 45" threads and you're asking for it. The men are gonna be gunning for you.

I've known way too many ladies in here who do as they're told (actually contact gentlemen) and then get beat up for it.

The guys get in here and go on and on about how it's the 21st century now ... it's okay for ladies to contact a man first ... it's actually what they want. And how many times do we then read about the horrible uncouth things men do to women who actually have the gumption to do so?

Maybe the guys should classify just who it is they want to contact them (this would be the "fantasy" part). You, know ... (for example) ... it only applies if a
** ... "hottie" contacts them.
** ... "Barbie" contact them.
** ... "swim suit model" contacts them.
** ... "bed bunny" contacts them.

** ... "plain Jane" types need not apply.
** ... "smart or talented" (skilled) types need not apply.

LMAO ... some men can be so horribly transparent with their fantasies.

Of course, that's not to say that women don't do similar things.
 ea┬«ly
Msg: 75
Men over 55!
Posted: 12/23/2009 8:24:48 PM

The guys get in here and go on and on about how it's the 21st century now ... it's okay for ladies to contact a man first ... it's actually what they want. And how many times do we then read about the horrible uncouth things men do to women who actually have the gumption to do so?

Oh, that's just the "horrible uncouth" fellas darlin', ...women just have to make sure there's the corresponding amount of gumption on the target profile. Usually a good measure of couth.

YMMV
 blueyesrsmiling
Msg: 76
Men over 55!
Posted: 12/23/2009 8:44:24 PM
I wonder if the problem lies on us getting off our duffs and getting out?
I don't believe men are any different then women who want fantasy. I do believe there are some people out there that do....but they are in the minority until we make them the majority in our minds. The few men and women that do that is okay with me. But I like people within my age range of five years no more. My preference just as they have theirs....heck I would love to see some of us happy on here. Yes sometimes its a kick in the behind whenever they perfer someone younger. But I don't take it personal but it still kind of stings. Most of the time I find men my age like women my age just fine. And I like them fine. But if someone tells me they like way younger women. I move on. I am not way younger nor do I have money to make myself way younger....I am not into painful procedures to make me look better. Nor will I live up to someone's expectations of a younger woman. I don't judge them but I know in my mind that I will never ever live up to someone's expectations of a 30 yr old or heck a 40 yr old woman.......
 kari135
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Men over 55!
Posted: 12/24/2009 6:44:07 AM

each different, age being the common factor of your question.

Gotta disagree with that. The true common factor is that everyone I'd even consider seriously - forget about them being interested in me, that's another issue - is so far away geographically it's beyond ridiculous. If there's anyone within a 200 mile radius of me, I haven't found them. And believe me, I've looked.
 cotter
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Men over 55!
Posted: 12/24/2009 8:49:49 AM

** ... "smart or talented" (skilled) types need not apply.

Actually ONLY smart and talented need apply as ltr candidates.
Soooo ... what if she's a "plain Jane" type as well as "smart and talented"?

Does that work in a fantasy of men over 55?
 ForRumOnly
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Men over 55!
Posted: 12/24/2009 10:09:37 AM
^^^ If you're talking "fantasy" then of course not!!! If you're talking reality, then most definitely! Within reason, of course, unless you are using plain to include unattractive. Plain to me means average, and average is usually attractive.
 cotter
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Men over 55!
Posted: 12/24/2009 12:31:05 PM
^^^^I was referring to myself ... I'm the "plain Jane" that I'm referring to ... basically, no make-up, no body-altering undergarments, no body-altering surgeries ... what you see is what you get.

I think (more often than not) ... women like me are often passed over for the "hottie", "Barbie", "swim suit model", "bed bunny" types.

I sing and dance with many men that I overhear talking (more often complaining) about the women they meet (and yearn for) who eventually evolve into "high-maintenance, whiny complainers". All the while, the more "plain" ladies in the group ("low-maintenance plain Jane" types) would be ever so grateful just to get a glance from them ... AND would never "use & abuse" them either.

They don't have hour glass figures ... but they are not fat either. They don't look like they just stepped off the "Miss America" stage ... but they don't necessarily look like they just stepped out of make-over salon either. They don't necessarily have the latest style of clothes on ... but they don't look like street bums either. They're just sort of "plain" ... mostly smart, articulate women and the men couldn't be bothered ... at least as long as there are any "hottie" or "Barbie" types in the room.

That's why I don't have a lot of sympathy for men who whine about their "bad luck" with women. As long as they're just going to focus on the types that "use & abuse" them and totally ignore more "plain and practical" types ... then why feel sorry for them? They bring it on themselves.
 MondoVman
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Men over 55!
Posted: 12/24/2009 1:19:48 PM
I have zero sympathy for whiners of either gender. Grow up!

Why does the opportunity to post one's contributions/successes stymie?
Why are the plain, the average, the "abysmal outlook", high school educated stymied?
Self-centered much?

My fantasies are (and have always been) that I am more physically attractive, smarter, funnier and wiser than I am. Ah yes, the bondage of self - self-will, -pitying, -seeking, -delusion, etc.

Yep, the forums exist for us either to whine and wallow in supposed misfortunes and bash the other gender -or- to relate our progress - "just showing up" at the gym, the dance, for a meet/date *is* progress.

Bah humbug to the nasty and negative posters. May you choke on your attitude and choice of words.

Cheers!
 thecatsmeoww
Msg: 89
Men over 55!
Posted: 12/26/2009 2:16:47 AM

oddly, i know more men than women in their 50's and even 60's who are "looking". however, a lot of them are disgusted with online dating. many look for dating at "meetup" which can be found on the internet and schedules local group activities, according to interests. but, it varies locally as to what is going on.

Indeed one can get really turned off by internet dating.. I also like the meetup groups because at least then I know I am going to doing a fun activity that I enjoy.

Sure beats sitting and having to talking to someone when I would rather be home alone with a good book..

thecatsmeoww
 eastendwoman
Msg: 90
Men over 55!
Posted: 12/26/2009 11:07:51 AM
JMO but the men I've met over 55, have some serious health problems and all they're looking for is some companionship and a housekeeper. LOL
 olebluize
Msg: 91
Men over 55!
Posted: 12/26/2009 11:11:52 AM
^^^^ Not all of us! That's like me saying all women over 55 are overweight and frumpy. Neither is true.
 MAGIC_MARCO
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Men over 55!
Posted: 12/26/2009 11:57:37 AM
^^^^ Not all of us! That's like me saying all women over 55 are overweight and frumpy. Neither is true.

Thanks for posting that, bud. You saved me the trouble.

Indeed one can get really turned off by internet dating.. I also like the meetup groups because at least then I know I am going to doing a fun activity that I enjoy.

The meetup thing is often suggested to me. In fact just this morning, by a good friend I met here.

I've looked at over two hundred groups in this Valley, and didn't see one that would include my main interest , which is not all that uncommon. In fact, I've been making a living at it lately.

There are hiking groups that look okay, but I 'm not a fanatic about that kind of thing.
Plenty of motorcycle riders; but again, I'm not one who has to be "in the wind" all weekend long.

I've been told too, that some of these groups tend to end up like high school social cliques, in that you date one member, then move on, and pretty soon they're all comparing notes behind your back. Just anecdotal evidence, of course.
Thanks, but no thanks on the Meetup, for now.

I think I'll just keep slugging it out on the largest free sight and the largest pay one.
The other ones seem to be minor players with very little depth or changeover.
Oh, and I would be remiss here to not mention the biggest scam of all, "e hominy"
In fact, I honestly believe the "Dr" should be indicted under federal RICO statutes.
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 93
Men over 55!
Posted: 12/26/2009 12:01:55 PM

.Now, I'll wait and see if there really IS a Santa Claus !!!

...Nope, no Santa. I guess I'll have to go about trying to meet one the hard way...PoF

...But getting back to the original topic...I see lots of men right here on the forums who are over the age of 55 who are witty, intelligent, charming, and easy on the eyes.....But unfortunately, most of them live quite a distance from me....that happens so often that I have wondered...Am I being punished for something I did in a former life?

...maeflowers
 Notdesper8atall
Msg: 94
Men over 55!
Posted: 12/26/2009 12:12:24 PM
"I think perhaps we all see ourselves differently than others see us, in some sense. But, I think that we know ourselves best and, if we are honest in our presentation to others, they will get what they are expecting when they meet us. Why would anyone want to portray themselves as something they are not?

I also do not think that "grumbling" is attractive. Obviously, with the membership on POF, there are so many possibilities. We just have to keep "seeking" and "be available" to meet the right person when they appear."

This is the way it should be and it shouldnt be an issue of age either
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 96
Men over 55!
Posted: 12/26/2009 5:28:40 PM
In fact, I have ran several women out of my kitchen in a kind heart'ed way, telling them to just sit and watch. They need to know me well, before I let one loose in my kitchen. I put food out in a hurry, ~ Most women are slow in the kitchen.

.. If someone wants me out of the kitchen, who am I to argue? * Not that I wanted to be there in the first place* If a way to a man's heart is through his stomach than he's going to starve to death with me . (lol)......Cooking is not my area of expertise.

...maeflowers
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >