Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 rearguard*2
Msg: 140
view profile
History
Men over 55!Page 4 of 23    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23)
I think the fantasy is that older men are all hot for women in their 20s and 30s. Indeed, there is nothing quite like the woman (or man) in the prime of life for visual attraction, but I don't really see many men my age lusting after young women with a view to having any sort of relationship with them beyond a quick roll in the hay. Even then, most can't be bothered with the kinds of things one has to put up with to even get into that situation with a young woman.

Then there is the oft repeated claim by older women that all we old fellows want is a quick roll in the hay, or FWB with them! Odd how we older men just want young ones, and just want old ones as well, I find.

Really, ladies, there are just loads of very attractive women in the 50s and 60s, and there are even quite a few who are sane to boot. My own rule is that if she is pre-menopausal, I run. I simply don't want to change any more diapers. Otherwise, if she fits into my lifestyle, can hold a conversation, and feels sexual towards me, I make the effort.
 FluffyBrain
Msg: 141
Men over 55!
Posted: 1/14/2010 5:51:41 AM

have more female friends in their 20s than any other age group. It is more enjoyable to have a bunch of hugs and a few kisses from an attractive 25 year old that is your friend than have sex with an overweight 60 year old.

i take it you're planning to become a priest then?

Maybe that fantasy will turn into reality some day; I'll just have some fun while I wait.
are you playing with a full deck, maybe a little alzheimer's has set in!! hun, i really hate to burst your bubble but these "friends" view you as the kindly or eccentric old mascot!! i remember some old guy ... he must have been 60's... who used to hang out at a club i used to go to in my 20's. the whole place was filled with college kids and there was this eccentric old man dancing with all the girls. we just humored him and thought it was funny. he seemed harmless enough so we talked to him...but we always viewed him as the crazy old dude. he made quite an impression for sure...as i still vividly recall him to this day!!! after reading your post, i can't help but wonder if he actually viewed us as fantasy sex objects. if we'd thought that, we would have either had a field day laughing at him or gone running for the hills. i cannot believe you actually think someone in their 20's might see you as a sex object!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm even laughing now, nevermind in my 20's. and you're darned right about women in their 40's...we are not remotely interested in men your age. iwe have no interest in some shriveled up old coot!!! you old farts please get that through your heads! yeah, baby, we want to see your rumplestiltskin legs!!!!!!! hubba, hubba!!!!!! hun, you better get used to those "overweight" 60 yr old women (as you call them) if you ever expect to have sex again. either that, or your local "lady" of the evening!!!! actually, i'm betting any 60 yr old woman who has read your post is absolutely appalled...you blew your chances for romance, there, dude. do you not look in the mirror? how on earth can you actually think the 60 yr old woman looks "old" but somehow *you* don't??? you're on another planet, for sure!
 FluffyBrain
Msg: 142
Men over 55!
Posted: 1/14/2010 6:21:09 AM
I think the fantasy is that older men are all hot for women in their 20s and 30s. Indeed, there is nothing quite like the woman (or man) in the prime of life for visual attraction, but I don't really see many men my age lusting after young women with a view to having any sort of relationship with them beyond a quick roll in the hay.
trust me on this, you're gonna make those chicks vomit. a quick roll in the hay?? no freaking way!! if those gals thought for one minute a guy your age was actually lusting after them, they would be disgusted to the point of feeling physically ill and violated. it's like rape or something. either that, or she views it a huge joke along with her friends. do you really think any woman that age wants some dirty, nasty old man looking at her like that. it's simply repulsive if taken seriously. just imagining the thought of gnarly, chubby fingers poking around along with miles of loose flesh on what is supposed to be a face with a shriveled orifice emitting some sort of vile slobbery, slippery liquid all over my mouth in what is supposed to be a kiss....oh, yeah, that's nirvana, baby! have i set the mood??? is everyone feeling quite ill all of a sudden??!!! hey, anyone hungry??!!!
 rearguard*2
Msg: 143
view profile
History
Men over 55!
Posted: 1/14/2010 6:25:13 AM
^^^^^ My, my....I never thought of myself in quite those terms. I do wonder what you will think of guys my age in say, 10 years?

Opps! She must have removed most of the vitriol while I was responding....
 oldkid
Msg: 144
view profile
History
Men over 55!
Posted: 1/14/2010 6:48:40 AM
fluffybrain,

Obviously you are not familiar with what 50 and 60 year old men look like. We are not all fat and out of shape from being a couch potatoe. You also assume that all we are interested is "a quick roll in the hay". You might consider that some of us enjoy a social life and lifestyle that is more associated with a younger crowd. I imagine I could change my lifestyle and be compatible with older folks but that would be sooooo boring. As for ruining my chance at having a sex life with some of the finest overwight ladies on POF, no loss.
 thecatsmeoww
Msg: 145
Men over 55!
Posted: 1/14/2010 6:49:39 AM

Then there is the oft repeated claim by older women that all we old fellows want is a quick roll in the hay, or FWB with them! Odd how we older men just want young ones, and just want old ones as well, I find.

I certainly do think you can say all but rather say some.. Then there are those men that are not really looking to couple again and wish to remain single... They would like one on one relationship that is indeed very loving but without any commitments and without ever sharing space.. Difficult one to classify since it is not really a FWB situation (they are not bed hopping) but what exactly that one called a "FAL" for as long as it lasts?

Really, ladies, there are just loads of very attractive women in the 50s and 60s, and there are even quite a few who are sane to boot. My own rule is that if she is pre-menopausal, I run. I simply don't want to change any more diapers. Otherwise, if she fits into my lifestyle, can hold a conversation, and feels sexual towards me, I make the effort.

That is a tall order fit into "your lifestyle" is a biggie...Get ready to punt a lot..

thecatsmeoww
 FluffyBrain
Msg: 146
Men over 55!
Posted: 1/14/2010 6:50:24 AM
rear,
nope, just setting the mood. i can't believe it. it's repulsive. just had to get the imagery set to give people a real feel...

if you really don't get it, just imagine some gal 20 yrs YOUR senior thinking all sorts of thoughts about you. i'm sure you'd be equally as turned off. ...and quite frankly, it's a total insult to the women your own age. by now (after reading of lusty visions of women young enough to be your daughter), i imagine, most women your age wouldn't be interested, and i highly doubt it's a matter of sour grapes...it's just a total turnoff to women of ANY age!

oldkid,
i don't care how much plastic surgey people get, how in shape they are, you can't erase those signs. if you could, joan rivers would look 20. she looks better than the average 80 yr old, but she sure doesn't look particularly young. the other thing, if you're so convinced a 50-60 yr old guy can look good, then i would think there's no reason you wouldn't think a 50-60 yr old woman could look equally as good. so you might as well go for your own age. just be sure to rent his & hers plastic surgery suites. see, all set!
 thecatsmeoww
Msg: 147
Men over 55!
Posted: 1/14/2010 6:53:41 AM

just imagining the thought of gnarly, chubby fingers poking around along with miles of loose flesh on what is supposed to be a face with a shriveled orifice emitting some sort of vile slobbery, slippery liquid all over my mouth in what is supposed to be a kiss....oh, yeah, that's nirvana, baby! have i set the mood??? is everyone feeling quite ill all of a sudden??!!! hey, anyone hungry??!!!

That's it!!!! Celibacy seems my only option now..

thecatsmeoww
 oldkid
Msg: 148
view profile
History
Men over 55!
Posted: 1/14/2010 7:11:14 AM
thecatsmeoww,
Let me point out a few things for you and Daffie:

No, I'm not your old friend - I think he went by Gadfly. Yes, I'm married but when I travel and meet people they have no way of knowing that so it is irrelevant. I don't know where all these older "fit" people are that you refer to but where I go, they aren't. Most times I'm the oldest by many years other than my buddy. Could it have something to do with the difference in lifestyles we enjoy? I missed the Kiss tour, did you get to go? I don't recall meeting any of you older ladies when I was in Daytona Beach either - must have just missed you. Had a really fun time despite your absence. Maybe I'll meet some of you in Galveston this spring - and then, maybe not!
 rearguard*2
Msg: 150
view profile
History
Men over 55!
Posted: 1/14/2010 7:23:31 AM
Oh dear. I can certainly understand why some of you ladies find it so hard to find someone. You are all just so easy going and flexible, not at all burdened by stereotypes, prejudices, assumptions and self-generated negative feelings and perspectives.

eastendwoman
Msg: 151
Men over 55!
Posted: 1/14/2010 7:30:55 AM
Men over 55 have forgotten how to be romantic. Maybe they got used to their 'old wife' that's not in the picture anymore and they just don't want to put in the effort to be romantic with a new woman. Sure they like the 'fantasy' but are too lazy to make it a reality.
 thecatsmeoww
Msg: 152
Men over 55!
Posted: 1/14/2010 7:41:09 AM

Men over 55 have forgotten how to be romantic.

I got to admit have not met one single man over the age of 55 who is romantic.. Under the age of 55 talk about being a queen for the day..
I wonder why that is?
I thought perhaps it was just the men I was meeting at not at all age related..

One I did sense a little spark there of romance.. but it as rather difficult in that coffee shop with all these other single men trying to join in our conversation.. It was the strangest coffee meet I ever had in my life. We ended up being joined by a bunch of locals..

thecatsmeoww
 FluffyBrain
Msg: 153
Men over 55!
Posted: 1/14/2010 7:55:28 AM

Yes, I'm married but when I travel and meet people they have no way of knowing that so it is irrelevant.

that says it all. good lord...what the heck are people like this doing online??? just another of those wonderful qualities. some of you people need to tend to your marriages and to your "old" wives. try some integrity...it does wonders for a youthful complexion, i hear.
 FluffyBrain
Msg: 154
Men over 55!
Posted: 1/14/2010 7:58:28 AM

and there is young women that enjoy older men, I'm not so sure why but me not understanding it don't stop it from being so.

um...chaching. that's why. some like the lifestyle.
 thecatsmeoww
Msg: 156
Men over 55!
Posted: 1/14/2010 8:37:03 AM

But we all make choices and then live with the consequences. Taking risks and wanting better things for ourselves. Never feeling satisfied, always thinking there's something better around the corner, is why nobody commits to anything anymore. We can all look back in hindsight and see mistakes, but have we learned from them?

I think that statement holds a whole lot of truth to it.. However the solution to the problemo is to look for a person that has commitments in his/her life.. Chances are they are not afraid to make them..

You don't usually find these type of people looking for excitement and traveling from pillar to post to find it..

thecatsmeoww
 thecatsmeoww
Msg: 158
Men over 55!
Posted: 1/14/2010 12:08:11 PM

No, I'm not your old friend - I think he went by Gadfly. Yes, I'm married but when I travel and meet people they have no way of knowing that so it is irrelevant.

You mean to say no suntan lines on your forth finger of your left hand???

I missed the Kiss tour, did you get to go?

No would have been far too embarrassing for me since my manager fired them many years ago.. He told them to get rid of the makeup and learn their craft..

I don't recall meeting any of you older ladies when I was in Daytona Beach either - must have just missed you

I was in Fort Lauderdale surfing another wave..

Maybe I'll meet some of you in Galveston this spring - and then, maybe not!

Will you be the old man that I will see with the bull?

thecatsmeoww
 rearguard*2
Msg: 159
view profile
History
Men over 55!
Posted: 1/14/2010 12:15:56 PM
So, not only are we gnarled smelly slobbering pathetic losers, we are not romantic either!

Oh well, guess I will have to remain in the real world where things are not nearly so bleak......
 thecatsmeoww
Msg: 161
Men over 55!
Posted: 1/14/2010 12:41:01 PM

we are not romantic either!

Do you offer your arm so the lady does not slip in the snow?
Do you heat up her seat to make sure she stays nice and warm?
Do you bring a small blanket along just to cover her up with while you drive?
Pull out the chair for her to be seated?
Do you wine and dine her?
Split the appetizer with her, while you feed her little bites of food?
Order a variety of things from the menu so you can share them together?
Laugh at those mysterious little green things that are decorating the plate?
It's never to late.

thecatsmeoww
 thecatsmeoww
Msg: 163
Men over 55!
Posted: 1/14/2010 12:49:40 PM

None of that means romance to me, cat..lol..That's how I treat my 87-year-old aunt..

That's it I prefer to date young men that treat me like their 87 year old aunt!!

thecatsmeoww
 Brownlady1953
Msg: 164
Men over 55!
Posted: 1/14/2010 12:56:44 PM
Men over 55 are the most unpleasant creatures on earth.....
 rearguard*2
Msg: 165
view profile
History
Men over 55!
Posted: 1/14/2010 1:15:10 PM

Do you offer your arm so the lady does not slip in the snow?

Indeed I do those things and more, especially the wine and dine thing. Of course, to me its more romantic to sit by the water on a warm Summer's day holding hands being happy just to be together.

I also like expressing my love for her in a myriad of subtle ways.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 166
view profile
History
Men over 55!
Posted: 1/14/2010 1:17:37 PM
Actually, FFS, my first thought on this was similar. It is quite like my behaviour towards my elderly mother, especially the blanket.
 thecatsmeoww
Msg: 167
Men over 55!
Posted: 1/14/2010 2:23:18 PM

Actually, FFS, my first thought on this was similar. It is quite like my behaviour towards my elderly mother, especially the blanket.

That;s funny rear cause I really loved the blanket touch. I do not have a whole lot of body fat and was really cold out. It kept me warm while the seated heated up. I really really appreciated him doing that..

By the way rear I love doing other romantic things too that do not involve feeding my tummyy...

Something to be said about the way a man treats his mother..

thecatsmeoww
 MAGIC_MARCO
Msg: 168
view profile
History
Men over 55!
Posted: 1/14/2010 2:48:30 PM

Maybe I live in Never Never Land, but I imagine most mature adults are seeking a mental as well as physical connection. Those that are all about sex or all about companionship haven't learned much, imo. It's all about balance, isn't it?

I don't know about others here, FFS, but it didn't take ME long to learn it couldn't be an either /or situation. All or nothing is more like it.
Easy enough to learn ; quite a bit harder to do

BTW, I just can't imagine what those conversations are like between a 50 yo woman, and a 25 yo guy. That's assuming that there are any.
 DivineBovine
Msg: 169
view profile
History
Men over 55!
Posted: 1/14/2010 3:00:42 PM
...feed her little bites of food?

i'm perfectly capable of feeding myself. anyone who wanted to do this beyond offering me a taste of something i'm not having would creep me out immensely.

and some of the over-50 men who post in this forum are fantastically attractive.

alas, none of them live near by...

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >