Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 PittsburghVixen
Msg: 469
Men over 55!Page 9 of 23    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23)

If you wanted food, why not just order some.

I agree. I don't go out expecting the guy to pay for my food even if he has offered to do so prior to the date. You never know if you're going to need to pay the waiter and leave if the guy does or says something out of line. Fortunately I have found this to be a very rare occurrence for me, but I'm always prepared for it.
 tulipsforme474
Msg: 470
Men over 55!
Posted: 12/16/2012 11:59:22 AM
"Its rude and offensive to just leave without a word. If you wanted food, why not just order some. Geeze some of you women...."

I have to agree. You would think that an adult that is comfortable discussing whether to "spit or swallow" would be more than capable of saying "can I see a menu please" or at least saying "thanks for the evening,I'm just not feeling it so I'll say good night".

Maybe it's not men over 55, it's some women. Both genders get bad rap for not being exactly what we desire. Instead of bashing them we should just realize we didn't choose wisely and move on.
 BLONDE_ANGEL845
Msg: 471
Men over 55!
Posted: 12/16/2012 12:19:33 PM

Confusion - my experience with men over 55 is very confusing. The latest example is tonight's date. A nice enough man, we have met before. He asked me to pick a movie to see, so I gave him several picks. Once decided, he then said we could do dinner and/or drinks afterwards, and I said great!

The movie was fine, and then after he asked if I wanted some coffee (no) and I asked him if he wanted to get a bite (per his date request) or a drink and he said no, he was fine. ! So I went home. He said we would see each other again, and appears very interested.

Did he forget he invited me to dinner too? Should I have said something? He isn't cheap or broke. Wondering....
I personally think if someone whether it is a man or a woman makes a PROMISE then backpedals w/o a good reason, it is an indication of poor character...sometimes I think men will try to entice a woman out w/ an offer of dinner & a movie so you say "yes" then it never materializes. Well maybe I'll invite the same man someplace for sex, but...u get my drift, LMFAO!
^^^had the same thing happen to me on a date with a guy in his mid-50's it but not such a great date. He invited me for after work drinks and dinner. He bought a round and an hour later, I bought a round. He talked my ear off non-stop about his mother in a nursing home for two hours and the only person I even said boo to was the waitress. By seven pm, I was getting hungry so I asked if he was ready for a menu, he said no. Alrighty, then! 2 beers is not dinner and drinks and I had had enough. It was the only time I ever excused myself to the bathroom and did not come back. ( he contacted me for a second date...I wonder if he even realized I had left! I blocked him.)I posted about my 3 hour coffee date, my stomache was growling so loud- never again!

He asked you about coffee cause he wanted coffee, he didnt want to eat or to get a drink--maybe he was falling asleep and needed the coffee--you turned him down and so he turned you down--not sure why that is confusing...

some men/ women when they ask if you want to do something --it is their way of saying "I want to do this"

It does show a communications thing--balls in your court--if you go out with him again and he asks you to go get coffee to simply say--is that what you want to do or would you prefer to get a bite or a drink and then go from there--

I dont think it is an over 55 thing at all it is just some men are very hard to comprehend what they want--maybe they had a wife who henpecked them before . I think some of them try to push the envelope to see what they can get away with, rather than trying to IMPRESS- guess what, I'm not impressed!
If you wanted food, why not just order some.

I agree. I don't go out expecting the guy to pay for my food even if he has offered to do so prior to the date. You never know if you're going to need to pay the waiter and leave if the guy does or says something out of line. Fortunately I have found this to be a very rare occurrence for me, but I'm always prepared for it.

Both genders get bad rap for not being exactly what we desire. Instead of bashing them we should just realize we didn't choose wisely and move on.

I have no prob paying 4 my own food or eating out ALONE, so If I am gonna do that, it's not gonna be w/ some ole fart cheapskate leering at my bod, making comments about my perfume & hair, etc. CHEAP is CHEAP, ladies, why do we windowdress it w/ a zillion excuses? There is a REASON why these men are alone!

I'm no hooker or gold digger, but dayum, if a man is gonna try to F*CK ME, he should at least be wining & dining me, wooing me, etc. There are still men out there that do that ladies, I am holding out ONLY for those...not sharing anything else on here ;oP
 rustytraveler
Msg: 472
view profile
History
Men over 55!
Posted: 12/16/2012 12:38:48 PM
I have no prob paying 4 my own food or eating out ALONE, so If I am gonna do that, it's not gonna be w/ some ole fart cheapskate leering at my bod, making comments about my perfume & hair, etc. CHEAP is CHEAP, ladies, why do we windowdress it w/ a zillion excuses? There is a REASON why these men are alone!

Lol ! Hey the attention spans start to wain after 55 girls... the goal comes and goes and it doesn't look like their memory's are too good either, they get tired poor babies. Plus your final point was more than probably, right on. ;-)
 BLONDE_ANGEL845
Msg: 473
Men over 55!
Posted: 12/16/2012 12:44:53 PM
^^^^ I left out alot of what they say & try to do over just a cup of coffee, LOL...some of them, I think if u accepted dinner, would want to do u on the table in b/w the entree & the appetizer or dessert!
 1388SmartBlonde
Msg: 474
Men over 55!
Posted: 12/16/2012 2:17:41 PM
Giggles said, "@blonde...not so sure why sneaking was required ...wouldn't it have been just as easy to go back to the table and say Im sorry I need to leave this isnt working for me vs making the poor man sit there the whole time wondering what happened."

Believe me, he was not a "poor man", he was arrogant and self-absorbed...nor do I think he even noticed I had not returned. I could have been a cardboard cutout and he would have been fine with that. Like I said, it was the only time I have ever done that. I did tell him I was going to hit the ladies before heading out. I just headed out without returning to the table to say thanks for the date. I was hungry and I did not want to give him the opportunity to rope me into another 2 hours worth of his monologue.

BlondeAngel...AMEN to that! I astounds me that a man I am having a so-so date with still thinks I should go home with him at the end of the night just because. There is a news anchor and optometrist here abouts who think their professional status entitles them to "dessert". pfft...
 tulipsforme474
Msg: 475
Men over 55!
Posted: 12/16/2012 2:18:09 PM
If u want 2 turn this in 2 a man bashing thread, have at it. If u keep running in 2 bad dates, may b it's u.

I just can't imagine that every date that someone has it terrible. I can't believe that every man is cheap or goes back on his word or spends the date looking at your tits. And if they are, I'm saying look in the mirror and do a good assessment of yourself and your dating style, man approaching style, etc. before venturing forth again. I have yet to have a date or meet that I couldn't manage to get through a coffee or a drink or lunch. I have realized very early on that they weren't a match but I've never had an experience where I felt a need to flee, walk out or give a rude comment back as I was leaving.

Some that like to pretend they are high maintainence or something they are not are often sad with the end result of what they attract. Be yourself, ask for what you want, and don't treat each meet as "I'm going to meet my next husband".

There are some screwed up folks out there in datingland, both genders. Women are not immune to being crazy, needy, greedy, frigid and just plain stupid. But again, if you want to gender bash - go ahead, it only makes you look the fool.
 1388SmartBlonde
Msg: 476
Men over 55!
Posted: 12/16/2012 2:42:17 PM
^^^I have had many more good dates than bad ones, but the bad ones are just stellar in their stupidity. These were white collar professionals with decent profiles who showed up late, drunk, arrogant, or lecherous...you just have to shake your head and laugh it off. My Comp II humorous essay was entitled "Men, Misery and Match.com" and it had my classmates rolling in the aisles when I read it to the class. I am sure there are just as many men who have stories about the ladies that are similar...it isn't gender specific for sure, but it is about manners and dating etiquette.
 TraveliciousGuy
Msg: 477
Men over 55!
Posted: 12/16/2012 2:46:28 PM

I just can't imagine that every date that someone has it terrible.

Indeed.

They look at the pictures and profile, and those pass muster.

They exchange messages and/or chat online, and that passes muster.

They talk on the phone, even (sometimes), and that passes muster.

They meet in person, and it turns into a disaster most of the time, or they make it sound like a disaster anyway.

How is that possible with all the supposed "pre-screening"?
 BLONDE_ANGEL845
Msg: 478
Men over 55!
Posted: 12/16/2012 2:47:15 PM
^^^right on sister (SmartB)- plus if we tell about the good ones, we come off as BRAGGING...a couple of weeks ago, I saw The Moody Blues in concert, dinner, plus was given a souvenir T shirt...ok, does that make some happy? AND yes, I am medium maintenance, not low class/maintenance as someone seemed to suggest (pictureless too!) I think people need to get over their "categories"!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qji2N9zauwI

geez! my date was NOT over 55, so I could not mention him in this THREAD!

This is why I get so pissed w/ the ones who think u should be jumping up & down over them & on them for a freaking $2 cup of coffee- other men will take women out to dinner (several courses & not a chain w/ a coupon), a beautiful venue for a headliner concert & buy u a souvenir all w/o any sex or expectation of!!!!
 Paderic
Msg: 479
Men over 55!
Posted: 12/16/2012 3:25:17 PM

This is why I get so pissed w/ the ones who think u should be jumping up & down over them & on them for a freaking $2 cup of coffee- other men will take women out to dinner (several courses & not a chain w/ a coupon), a beautiful venue for a headliner concert & buy u a souvenir all w/o any sex or expectation of!!!!

You've made it pretty clear that you differentiate a good date from a bad date by what the man buys you. Some men aren't interested in a woman who defines a good date by what he can buy her.
 tulipsforme474
Msg: 480
Men over 55!
Posted: 12/16/2012 3:53:26 PM
The vast majority of men I know also want a women who can string a sentence together without going into text speak like a 14 year old. It makes it very hard to read so maybe that's the misunderstanding.

The best date I ever had was coffee (he bought) and we continued for a walk, browsed a book store, had a lazy lunch (we split the tab) and continued on to an open farmer's market/craft fair. But some folks like to place notches on their bed posts for the guys that pay to get there... I'm all for wooing or flirting or charming a date and him doing the same. Someone doesn't have to pay for me or buy me things to get me into my heart or mind or bed, if I want to be in bed with him it's because I like him, ALL of him.

And why jump into a big friggin rant about cheap guys or rude guys if the majority of your dates have been fine, one way or another. It's not bragging, it's sticking up against gender bashing. With all the whiners on here you'd think that every guy was this way when you admit that they aren't.
 Ready_Real
Msg: 481
Men over 55!
Posted: 12/16/2012 5:22:24 PM

The best date I ever had was coffee (he bought) and we continued for a walk

The above is the only kind of date I'll have the first time I meet someone in person. Except the walk happens first, and then if there's mutual "potential," coffee --- that mostly doesn't (but a few times has:) turn into breakfast. I have no desire to let some nice guy spend big bucks on me for anything more. And I have no intentions of spending big bucks on him on a first meeting in person no matter how nice he might be. Chances are pretty high that both of us will know within seconds whether/not there's that inexplicable thoroughly impossibly undefinable "something's burning" feeling. And chances are even higher one of us won't feel the heat. As for both of us knowing it's a some enchanted evening (or morning) moment? Astronomical! So why set either/both of us for prolonged disapointment at worst and polite but expensive conversation over a dinner that isn't going to happen a second time at best? If anything guys 55+ often have just as tight a budget as we ladies given today's economy. And anyway: iffff the miraculous somehow happens, and it's a mutual "some enchanted morning" moment when we first lay eyes on each other, money --- or food --- is the last thing on anybody's mind now, is it:)?
 PittsburghVixen
Msg: 482
Men over 55!
Posted: 12/16/2012 5:53:02 PM
^^^ What she said.
 BLONDE_ANGEL845
Msg: 483
Men over 55!
Posted: 12/16/2012 6:30:04 PM
You can also feel enchantment & be watching the Moody Blues, or Stevie Nicks & eating a yummy meal b4 hand, just as much as u feel enchantment walking & having a $2 cup of coffee...what ires me is the men(and women) who EXPECT sex, regardless of the date venue/cost...

All of my major relationships in retrospect, we did things 4 eachother, BUT started out w/ NICE dates , it wasn't non stop coffee coffee & more coffee- BORING!

if there is no forum rule agains abreviation & text talk, I think it is petty to bring it up. I smell a troll/sockpuppet, what can I say I am brite as well as purdy ;0P
and a woman too!

You've made it pretty clear that you differentiate a good date from a bad date by what the man buys you. Some men aren't interested in a woman who defines a good date by what he can buy her.
Dinner at a nice restauarant tastes better than McD's- & a really good concert in a lovely venue is alot more special IMO than listening to the traffic in Walmart's Parking Lot. Of course it makes for a better date...but if someone is an azzhat, doesn't matter where u go...and those type of men who arent interested (cheap) I wouldn't date them!
 BlackLady1953
Msg: 484
view profile
History
Men over 55!
Posted: 12/16/2012 6:40:37 PM
Blonde, you are hilarious......but you are "right on."
 tulipsforme474
Msg: 485
Men over 55!
Posted: 12/16/2012 6:45:51 PM
I don't recall anyone mentioning people expecting sex regardless of the cost of a date or the setting for the date. I haven't come across anyone that has expected that nor requested it. If you are, perhaps you're attracting the wrong type of men. And with that line of thinking, you're just holding yourself out to the highest bidder. There are words for that type of person.

There are wonderful long lasting relationships that started out on the jogging path, or a chance encounter at a bar, or browsing through a book store or whatever - it doesn't matter how we meet or where we meet; it's THAT we meet. My sister met her guy in a lineup at a cafeteria on a ferry, they just started chatting and have been together for 23 years. I don't even think he bought her meal or a coffee. And the term "NICE dates" is subjective. Many of us don't care how it starts while some hold out to see what exactly the guy is willing to pay.

I get that some folks have a list of requirements and for many women it's money, one way or another. They equate money spent to love. I know what love is and it doesn't require money (other than the necessities of life). Poor people love just as deeply as rich folks, maybe deeper.

And I don't know about trolls or sock puppets but speaking of subjective, "brite and purdy" are subjective.
 OyVay...
Msg: 486
Men over 55!
Posted: 12/16/2012 8:07:04 PM
Ahhhh, the cheapskate! Ya know, I have posted many times on this subject...

Frankly I read the threads over and over, and wonder where all these cheapskates live...on 50% of these threads, most of the same posters come and lament, the state of the 2012 cheap man(well not really, these women have been meeting cheap men since I first joined in 2007, no really the SAME women)!

I know quite a few men who date, among them many who are willing and able to pay for fairly expensive dates. They want the company of a good woman, interesing conversation, and want to get to know them. Now some of them will bed a woman on the first date, some are looking for more and will wait.

Many times I have defended the women...let me now defend the men.

Allow me to explain this. Many men don't mind spending money on a date, they just don't want to date women who are all about how much money is spent on them. There's nothing like that phone call after a first date(a bit extravegant) when the woman tells you "so where are we going this weekend?" with that Lassie pant in her voice!

As though you were worth shit, and where you were going to take her mattered more!

You ladies complain about being used for sex...well just as bad is being used for entertainment, when her regular dates take her to Micky D's and you are the special sad sack who gets to foot the bill, to fulfill her dating fantaisies. She could give a shit about you or your long term dating plans with her. She views you as her trick poodle who will provide hours of entertainment on your dime.

How about learning more about who he is and what he sees? Oh no, let the good times roll! Then 5 or 6 dates in when he presses for sex, you just don't see a future with him! Hahahaha!

Ladies you crack me up. Many of you USE men for your credit card with no bill! Then when the "man of your dreams" shows up to use you for sex, you cry foul.

A laugh a minute...
 tulipsforme474
Msg: 487
Men over 55!
Posted: 12/16/2012 8:40:54 PM
^^^ lol. I bet someone special loves this guy.

So, it seems some men have some women all figured out. Too funny. It's too bad that so many great guys are passed over just because they don't have the size of the wallet you require. Some of us have always said - size doesn't matter. Who knew it wasn't just about the penis. lol.
 AintNoDeal
Msg: 488
Men over 55!
Posted: 12/16/2012 9:31:36 PM
I've always seen a date as an opportunity to meet someone interesting and hear some great stories about life, maybe learn something about my town I didn't know before. I like people who tell stories.

In this regard, I don't have a set-list of questions that must be filled out and then run through the scoring machine to find out if someone merits another date. I don't believe in "wasted time". Even if you're not attracted to the person, you know more than you did before. And perhaps that person knows someone you'd get along with better. You can ask for a referral, y'know!

I'm in it for the conversation. Sex is not ruled out or ruled in - heck - if I didn't care about sex, there would be no need to meet in person, everything could be via phone or messages. When people meet face to face, there's more than just a cold exchange of information. "Do you feel a vibe?" Can you anticipate moods and reactions well enough to know when to speak and when to shut up?

When I read these rants about "cheap dates" often it's like someone threw a tantrum because their milk shake didn't have a cherry on top. What about the rest of the date? Do you really need a prize bauble at the end to make it worth your "effort" ? I find value in the fact that another person made an effort to meet with me and showed up. That's HUGE - - - especially in a city with millions of people and you could be separated by 30 miles.

I'm not here to suck value and life out of people like a vampire - I want to enjoy the essence of companionship and conversation in a comfortable environment. Like that TV commercial for Corona beer - the ambiance is everything. Those people aren't ****ing because they paid downtown bar prices, they're just enjoying life with others who enjoy life.
 rustytraveler
Msg: 489
view profile
History
Men over 55!
Posted: 12/16/2012 10:25:14 PM
TraveliciousGuy

Sometimes guys can just write a good game... you're up front and they say they're on the same page as you as far as directions go, so you give it a shot and then when you actually meet up and see the whites of their eyes across the table.... you grok/understand that they are just another serial dater who simply has a virtual word routine that gets them to that coffee date.... some more.. or others much less civil and polite... just part of the process that can sometimes end up being a big disappointment, because honestly, most of you have one direction only in mind...it would be amusing if it wasn't so damn common.

I don't think that a lot of 'Nice Guys' grasp that most men will say ANYTHING they think you want to hear to get laid... which of course makes our job of 'discriminating' that much harder.

Now I think that I'm a good screener and I'd say that I have a 98% success rate in having a pleasant event, even counting the 2% who end up trying to grope lol. That doesn't mean that most of them get to that eventual belly bounce they are so wishing for.... simply that we had a civil fact finding exploration in real time, between 2 adults, about who we are and what we want and discovered if there is any physical and/or mental attraction and a reason for future pursuit of anything more. Isn't that what a coffee date is for?
 BLONDE_ANGEL845
Msg: 490
Men over 55!
Posted: 12/17/2012 7:02:14 AM
Blonde, you are hilarious......but you are "right on."
LMFAO- I know- wish I had a cam to follow me around SOMETIMES!

I don't recall anyone mentioning people expecting sex regardless of the cost of a date or the setting for the date. I haven't come across anyone that has expected that nor requested it. If you are, perhaps you're attracting the wrong type of men. And with that line of thinking, you're just holding yourself out to the highest bidder. There are words for that type of person.
yes-smart, attractive & knows her self-worth-I don't need to take cheap shots anonymously on a message board to get my ha-has!

There are wonderful long lasting relationships that started out on the jogging path, or a chance encounter at a bar, or browsing through a book store or whatever - it doesn't matter how we meet or where we meet; it's THAT we meet. My sister met her guy in a lineup at a cafeteria on a ferry, they just started chatting and have been together for 23 years. I don't even think he bought her meal or a coffee. And the term "NICE dates" is subjective. Many of us don't care how it starts while some hold out to see what exactly the guy is willing to pay.
yes, & they led to nice dates, some where lavish nites out, some were quiet evenings in...

I get that some folks have a list of requirements and for many women it's money, one way or another. They equate money spent to love. I know what love is and it doesn't require money (other than the necessities of life). Poor people love just as deeply as rich folks, maybe deeper.
I know what love is too, & only a naive (I could use a stronger word) person clings to the belief that $ doesn't matter. Or one who is incapable of attracting such a partner into her life ;0P

and wonder where all these cheapskates live...
There's one in Poughkeepsie, LOL!

I know quite a few men who date, among them many who are willing and able to pay for fairly expensive dates. They want the company of a good woman, interesing conversation, and want to get to know them. Now some of them will bed a woman on the first date, some are looking for more and will wait.

Many times I have defended the women...let me now defend the men.

Allow me to explain this. Many men don't mind spending money on a date, they just don't want to date women who are all about how much money is spent on them. There's nothing like that phone call after a first date(a bit extravegant) when the woman tells you "so where are we going this weekend?" with that Lassie pant in her voice!

As though you were worth shit, and where you were going to take her mattered more!

You ladies complain about being used for sex...well just as bad is being used for entertainment, when her regular dates take her to Micky D's and you are the special sad sack who gets to foot the bill, to fulfill her dating fantaisies. She could give a shit about you or your long term dating plans with her. She views you as her trick poodle who will provide hours of entertainment on your dime.

How about learning more about who he is and what he sees? Oh no, let the good times roll! Then 5 or 6 dates in when he presses for sex, you just don't see a future with him! Hahahaha!

Ladies you crack me up. Many of you USE men for your credit card with no bill! Then when the "man of your dreams" shows up to use you for sex, you cry foul.

A laugh a minute...
I agree, but a man who wants a woman to sit for 3 hours w/ a cold cup of coffee is inexcusable...esp. when I told him I was uncomfortable, & he said it's ok, we can stay...He nagged me for a month to meet, nagged nagged nagged...He chose Saturday night at dinner time, not me...if I could turn back time, I'd either have said "no" or said yes & after 30 minutes said I was hungry & leaving...

So, it seems some men have some women all figured out. Too funny. It's too bad that so many great guys are passed over just because they don't have the size of the wallet you require. Some of us have always said - size doesn't matter. Who knew it wasn't just about the penis. lol.
So, it seems some women have some men all figured out. Too funny. It's too bad that so many great gals are passed over just because they don't have the size of the t1ts you require. Some of us have always said - size doesn't matter. Who knew it wasn't just about the T&A. lol.

When I read these rants about "cheap dates" often it's like someone threw a tantrum because their milk shake didn't have a cherry on top. What about the rest of the date? Do you really need a prize bauble at the end to make it worth your "effort" ? I find value in the fact that another person made an effort to meet with me and showed up. That's HUGE - - - especially in a city with millions of people and you could be separated by 30 miles.

I'm not here to suck value and life out of people like a vampire - I want to enjoy the essence of companionship and conversation in a comfortable environment. Like that TV commercial for Corona beer - the ambiance is everything. Those people aren't ****ing because they paid downtown bar prices, they're just enjoying life with others who enjoy life.

When Smart Blonde posted her story, this is what I read: a man asked her out for dinner & drinks (he made an offer/promise) It was dinnertime-but he wanted to get sloshed- she was even a good sport & bought the 2nd round...but when she said she was hungry, he just said NO cuz he wasn't hungry...well that is rude...if I invite my friend out to dinner for her B-day, it is reasonable for her to expect WE R GOING TO EAT DINNER & SINCE I ASKED IT IS MY TREAT. If the man just wanted to have a drinking buddy, he should have been upfront w/ Smart B. He wasn't- IMO, she did the right thing by leaving, in fact, I would not even have bought the 2nd round...
The coffee man I b1tched about, my impression was he was hoping I'd invite him to my house 4 sex- keep dreaming buddy- I don't do that period. That happens AFTER I am in a relationship...I do not see where myself or Smart B. said we don't like a cheap date- a nite at Pizza Hut or a buffet is fine w/ me, in fact since I've become a vegetarian I am a cheap date for the most part!

I don't think that a lot of 'Nice Guys' grasp that most men will say ANYTHING they think you want to hear to get laid... which of course makes our job of 'discriminating' that much harder.

Now I think that I'm a good screener and I'd say that I have a 98% success rate in having a pleasant event, even counting the 2% who end up trying to grope lol. That doesn't mean that most of them get to that eventual belly bounce they are so wishing for.... simply that we had a civil fact finding exploration in real time, between 2 adults, about who we are and what we want and discovered if there is any physical and/or mental attraction and a reason for future pursuit of anything more. Isn't that what a coffee date is for?
yes, it has to start somewhere...nowhere did I say my night out at a Moody Blues concert was a 1st meet, or my idea, or my digging a man's pocket, I did not ask for the T-Shirt, he got it after he went to the men's room & surprised me w/ it. I think there are a few bitter grapes in here who will twist the intent of a story to suit their own agenda. Smart B. told about a bait-n-switch rude man, & I gave 2 extremes. Mr. 3 hour coffee can email or call till the cows come home, it aint happening, not w/ me. I met him off a pay site, he had the $ to be a paid member, LMFAO. I stopped online dating in 2007 & did IRL dating only. I met 3 from the net in Oct & Nov, 2 were POF, one was a paysite...I had more emails, but no patience to go thru them or meet various men. Now I am remembering WHY I stopped. All the work, the drama, the screening...I'd rather spend time w/ friends & family or go out alone- I tend to meet like minded folks that way anyway!
 timeforall
Msg: 491
Men over 55!
Posted: 12/17/2012 9:12:26 AM
So angel, what you are saying is just because he is "rude", you have the right to be rude too. She could have at least said: "you are drunk, I am hungry, and I am going home. goodbye". Leaving without a word is juvenile, rude and offensive. There is no excuse for it, but women are often mean and offensive because they feel they are entitled to act that way. I have said this before and will again, its often about them. Women are often heartless. And that's pretty funny because they are supposed to be the compassionate sex. But they are not. And then after they are alone and reach their sixties, all they can do on these boards is rant about how rotten guys are and how all they are interested in is sex. Those women never recognized that they made their own beds and that's why they are still alone.
 rustytraveler
Msg: 492
view profile
History
Men over 55!
Posted: 12/17/2012 9:25:52 AM
Don't shoot the piano player dear ..... I was responding to TraveliciousGuy.... not you, so cool you jets tiger, I get that you're on a roll! Lol

So to all the guys who think getting asked to dinner and then dinner not happening because some of you were too cheap or drunk or not hungry enough to pay for it.... why does that make us gold diggers? It's just logistics and a empty tummy... because duh.... we didn't eat BEFORE because we were invited out to .... wait for it..... dinner.

People really shouldn't automatically have knee jerk reactions without hearing the whole story... sheesh.

Then again I must be a real dumb chit.... because I often offer to pay my half... but then I don't live in the states and here most everyone is strapped for cash these days (they make a whole lot less money than in America and most work 6 days a week for it). So I guess I'd rather eat in good company than not at all. O:-)
 rustytraveler
Msg: 493
view profile
History
Men over 55!
Posted: 12/17/2012 9:37:45 AM

So angel, what you are saying is just because he is "rude", you have the right to be rude too. She could have at least said: "you are drunk, I am hungry, and I am going home. goodbye". Leaving without a word is juvenile, rude and offensive. There is no excuse for it, but women are often mean and offensive because they feel they are entitled to act that way. I have said this before and will again, its often about them. Women are often heartless. And that's pretty funny because they are supposed to be the compassionate sex. But they are not. And then after they are alone and reach their sixties, all they can do on these boards is rant about how rotten guys are and how all they are interested in is sex. Those women never recognized that they made their own beds and that's why they are still alone.

Are your ears still ringin', face flushed.... balls sweatin' cowboy? lol
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >