Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > What things turn people off when viewing profiles pics?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 projekt
Msg: 51
What things turn people off when viewing profiles pics?Page 3 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
"Marketing Professional" says "Amway" to me
 Akitahun
Msg: 52
view profile
History
What things turn people off when viewing profiles pics?
Posted: 6/13/2018 1:42:36 PM
Men that will NOT date someone a WHOPPING year older than them! Insecure. much?
 BretIAm
Msg: 53
Posted: 6/13/2018 1:49:46 PM
Akitahun said:

This thread had a DNR tag on it, but you persisted.

I noticed that you mentioned a similar complaint from another thread. I understand where you're coming from, but consider it his (or their?) loss and move on.
 siisaa
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 6/13/2018 4:21:11 PM
- shirtless/flexing pics
- dead animals
- flashy cars
- pictures of the guy with a bunch of other women who are not his relatives
 JS3344
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 6/13/2018 6:52:04 PM
-pics holding a dog that is obscuring your face.
-pics with your girlfriend (the gf is always hotter)
-one face pic, 10 pics of Europe.
-any pic of you holding a baby (we get it, you like being a gm, but please market yourself as a woman)
-hair over one eye, or head tilted
on and on and on and on........
 sun___flower
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 6/13/2018 7:10:43 PM

You are older than your stated age of 50, right?
 purplerider1200
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 6/13/2018 7:10:57 PM

pics with your girlfriend (the gf is always hotter)

I've seen a number of profiles with several women in all of the photos. Pick out the least attractive one in the group- That's her.
 ssm508
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 6/13/2018 9:23:10 PM
Very few things about pictures are instant dealbreakers. But there are some "yellow flags" / proceed with caution items such as....

Only 1 picture
Only face shots and no body shots.
Pictures that are blurry.
No picture.

What does this have to do with pictures though?
 MeramecRiverRat
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 6/14/2018 6:14:40 AM
Some of these should be new since the thread was revived:

Memes.
Snapchat filters.
Toilet in the background of a mirror selfie.
With someone of the opposite gender (on a hetero profile).
Multiple people (of the same gender) and you don't even say which one is you.
Obscene finger gestures and apparent gang signs.
Every photo is from outside the region.
Photo contains kids.
Cigarettes, cigars, any other type of smoking / vaping.
Duplicates or nearly identical photos (just saw someone on Tinder with 4 of the same photo).
 ssm508
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 6/14/2018 6:59:40 AM

With someone of the opposite gender (on a hetero profile).

Many people on the forums complain about this. I have seen many women that have pictures of themselves with men. It doesn't bother me. These men could be her friends, relatives, co-workers etc. In my viewpoint, people shouldn't make negative assumptions just based on a someone having this type of picture. If you liked everything else about someone's profile, at least you can exchange some emails and see what happens. The worst result is having a first date / meeting that doesn't work out and you move on.
 ohenryx
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 6/14/2018 8:02:56 PM

purplerider
I've seen a number of profiles with several women in all of the photos. Pick out the least attractive one in the group- That's her.

While I seldom agree with PR, in this case -- yeah, he’s right.

I’m not going to mention any specific negatives, they’ve already been mentioned. Too far away, can’t tell who is the subject, etc, etc.

But I will mention this – flipping through Tinder on my lunch hour today, woman sitting on a swing, short skirt, just a hint of white panties showing under said skirt.

Intriguing. Very.

What can I say? Yes, I’m a man. I’m a pig. It is what it is.
 sun_water
Msg: 62
Posted: 6/16/2018 10:01:19 AM

shirtless/flexing pics

They can be tacky when a man is flexing in front of a mirror. They can be good in a natural setting. Like a beach. If he has a nice body.

pictures of the guy with a bunch of other women who are not his relatives

I don't think you can always tell if they are relatives or not. Even if they aren't, I don't think it is always a bad thing. I have pictures of myself with men that were taken at work related, community, networking, and other social events. These men were usually acquaintances or people I had platonic relationships with.
 ssm508
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2018 11:38:35 AM

They can be tacky when a man is flexing in front of a mirror. They can be good in a natural setting. Like a beach. If he has a nice body.

Some women on the forums don't like shirtless pictures. However the ironic thing is several men have told me they got more emails after they added a shirtless picture to their profile.

From what I have seen, it often depends on what the woman looks like. If the woman is average looking at best in my viewpoint, the other women in the pictures are often more attractive than she is. If the woman is good or great looking, then the other women in the pictures are often around the same general level of attractiveness.
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2018 12:43:35 PM

I think people who post cartoon/manga/anime art instead of a real pic are totally self-deluded.

I wish this was allowed, I'd totally would of had cute BL couple as my picture.
Of course they might think I'm a gay guy though.
Happened frequently on other sites lol oops
 TomásIasan
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2018 2:57:39 PM
@ssm I am wondering does that shirtless pic matter for obese men as well? I am not obese but if it improves some guys chances think they should know about showing that pot belly work it like on coyote ugly.

I am actually a scrawny average runt so that won't help me much, and never thought of exposing and type of skin junk picks include and if a lady asks I say it's a surprise you have to follow the treasure trail.

I personally don't like the messy homes or bedrooms yes I see them a lot not looking to be a maid thanks. Also bikinis and other less clothing I get why some guys do but seriously 90s% of women have those assets their not a feature that is uncommon by any means and have nothing to do with who she is less is more in my opinion. Where a business skirt and blouse and my be fvcked if my imagination don't go to the next level for some fvcking reason.
 sun_water
Msg: 66
Posted: 6/17/2018 8:27:05 AM

Some women on the forums don't like shirtless pictures. However the ironic thing is several men have told me they got more emails after they added a shirtless picture to their profile.

Women are not monolithic. I think many women like shirtless pictures or at least aren't completely turned off by them in the situation that I described.... "They can be good in a natural setting. Like a beach. If he has a nice body."
 MeramecRiverRat
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2018 9:47:22 AM
Once on Bumble I saw an exception to the rule "If she's in a photo with multiple women, she is the least attractive". She took a selfie with Hillary Clinton!
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 6/25/2018 5:57:40 AM

I have seen the same with men. Once, a prospective serial coffee-meeter messaged me from his profile with the main pic of him with another man in it. I asked who the handsome older gentleman was and he said his father (I thought it was his boyfriend). I asked for his father's number.
 reverendswine
Msg: 69
Posted: 6/25/2018 6:21:36 AM
Yeah. You're surely qualified to be a pic critic, Half Face.
 cooldog65
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 6/25/2018 9:17:08 AM

(I thought it was his boyfriend).

That doesn't make any sense. If he was wanting to meet you wouldn't you assume he was hetero and not homo?
 sun___flower
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 6/25/2018 10:47:28 AM
^^^
That doesn't make any sense. If he was wanting to meet you wouldn't you assume he was hetero and not homo?

Way too much logic there, cooldog.
 julystorm22
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 6/26/2018 4:23:56 PM
When I see a shirtless pic I think "manwhore". I'd label a guy with a shirtless pic as someone to message if sex was my only interest but definitely he isn't a guy that wants a relationship.
 Akitahun
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 6/26/2018 11:36:32 PM
Sloppy grey shaggy beards! A cigarette or cigar in mouth! Posing with****ail waitresses! Yuck!
 ssm508
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 6/29/2018 8:20:14 AM

When I see a shirtless pic I think "manwhore". I'd label a guy with a shirtless pic as someone to message if sex was my only interest but definitely he isn't a guy that wants a relationship.

Another generalization. As another poster stated, I could understand a woman not being interested in a man that had multiple pictures of himself flexing in the mirror. But if you liked the other pictures and his profile, at least you can get to know him a little bit. Before assuming he is ONLY looking for sex because of 1 shirtless picture.
 Haulroad
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 6/29/2018 2:36:08 PM
I always find it amusing when women pound the table demanding that men be "HONEST!!". While themselves posting 30 year old pictures of themselves. Next.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > What things turn people off when viewing profiles pics?