Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > What things turn people off when viewing profiles pics?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LBJfan600
Msg: 101
view profile
History
What things turn people off when viewing profiles pics?Page 5 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
snapchat filters, cleavage pictures, butt pictures
 winfieldbrian
Msg: 102
view profile
History
What things turn people off when viewing profiles pics?
Posted: 8/30/2018 12:23:24 PM
- pictures of their pets, without the owner holding them

- pictures of "witty" sayings, not of the person

- pictures of groups without the person identifying who they are in the shot (sometimes there is only 1 picture in a profile and it's a group photo)
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2018 12:41:49 PM

That's nice but they didn't see my clothes

And that's nice too -- the no-clothing option will certainly get male attention online... ;)

, except the top of my shirt. I've gotten more male attention, both on and offline, when I had contacts and some makeup on. Regardless of what men say ("I prefer women who wear no makeup" or "Girls with glasses are sexy!!!"), my experience has been the opposite of what many of y'all claim.

In all seriousness -- I do agree here. "I prefer women with no makeup" -- yah. Not true. It's an exaggerated-but-self-believed claim, when really -- it's being intimidated and/or not turned on by gals with a LOT of makeup. And the girls are sexy with glasses -- with a certain look, it can have some sex appeal, but generally speaking, even among those who claim it, no, they're going to find more women more attractive not wearing glasses than having general eye-glasses on. There are women though, due to the construct of their face, that I have noticed that Do look better with stylish glasses on VS none at all, but that's few and far between.

I think mainly it's the internal "I have a [better] chance" turn on, having no makeup & glasses on. Much like gals dressed to the 9s VS dressed in non-stylish / budget clothes from Sears.

Sometimes the women in these pictures (in particular the bold part) can actually be friends, relatives, co-workers etc.

Sometimes, true. It doesn't mean they're a gal they don't find attractive and wouldn't jump on if she asked him to do so. :) And even if in one of the pics, all of the girls aren't -- it still sends a sour message for many gals, hence dumb marketing to them. That said, with some gals (more than admit it) -- it sends another message too: "Chicks dig me". Ups his dating value, although that backfires for many gals.
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 8/31/2018 12:38:29 AM

I've gotten more male attention, both on and offline, when I had contacts and some makeup on. Regardless of what men say ("I prefer women who wear no makeup" or "Girls with glasses are sexy!!!"), my experience has been the opposite

Mine too.
 ksuser
Msg: 105
Posted: 8/31/2018 2:38:36 PM
Frankenbeans "I don't have a pic because..."

You are so Ugly to me...
Can't you see...
Your everything I've hoped for...
Your everything I need...
You are so Ugly
to me....hum....

Like yours better....
But seriously: 1. A man who holds his toddler girl in the crouch....creepy
2. Someone who smiles and they look like they have doctored up by a mortician....scary
3. The old guy with his shirt off and it looks bad....scary
4. Anyone with a dead animal and a gun.....scary
5. The guy who has his ugly dog in bed with him....scary
 realtysucks
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 8/31/2018 4:36:50 PM
For me

Her smile and eyes
 ohenryx
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2018 8:40:12 AM

siisaa
I've gotten more male attention, both on and offline, when I had contacts and some makeup on. Regardless of what men say ("I prefer women who wear no makeup" or "Girls with glasses are sexy!!!"), my experience has been the opposite of what many of y'all claim.

I'm not going to touch the makeup side of this equation. That seems to vary a great deal with the individual, to the extent that I wouldn't even attempt to say yeah or nay. I will note that a woman's skill level at choosing and applying makeup has a lot to do with the end result.

Now as to the eyeglasses. I seem to have some kind of a kink or twist in that direction. I really like the look of a woman who's wearing glasses. Maybe something in my psyche, buried deep in the past, who knows?

But back to our originally scheduled programming, what I don't like in profile pics. It has been mentioned already, but I'll add my vote to the Corona beer commercial pictures. The ones showing only her feet and legs.
 ssm508
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2018 9:46:15 AM
I won't say that I prefer women without any makeup. Some makeup can make a woman look better. I still maintain that sometimes using an excessive amount of makeup can backfire and make a woman less natural and/or attractive.

Sometimes, true. It doesn't mean they're a gal they don't find attractive and wouldn't jump on if she asked him to do so. :) And even if in one of the pics, all of the girls aren't -- it still sends a sour message for many gals, hence dumb marketing to them. That said, with some gals (more than admit it) -- it sends another message too: "Chicks dig me". Ups his dating value, although that backfires for many gals.

I think pictures with other women can be similar to shirtless pictures. Sure some women may claim they don't like these things. But overall I don't think it would hurt a man's chances of getting emails and dates if he is attractive.
 BombayBeach
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2018 11:38:02 PM
Men flipping off the camera, gang looking tats on knuckles, sticking their tongues out, duckface car selfies, shirtless laying in bed taking photo of themselves, scary green fluorescent lighting, upshots into their nose, sitting at the computer without a shirt on sporting sexface, selfies in bathrooms, selfies with junk piled up all over the place behind them, only sunglasses at 50 feet away photos, 30 year old driver license photos, guys with a "mystery woman" on their arm, or with a group of mystery women....
 missvixen22
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2018 6:24:31 AM
1. Guys who post pics of themselves crawling all over other women = major turn off.
2. Guys who post profile pics of****, money, cars = turn off.
3. Guys who post pics of themselves looking like a pothead or a criminal = turn off.
4. Outdated pics (pics of guys in winter when it's summer) = too lazy to take updated pics?
5. Pics of guys half asleep or dressed like a slob = turn off.
 ssm508
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2018 8:27:36 AM

4. Outdated pics (pics of guys in winter when it's summer) = too lazy to take updated pics?

A picture taken in January or February when it's July would only be 5-6 months old. Yes it wouldn't hurt to add another picture that is a bit more recent. But that winter picture isn't necessarily outdated. Unless a person had major physical changes in that time period.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2018 8:30:48 AM

I won't say that I prefer women without any makeup. Some makeup can make a woman look better

Some (adequate) makeup almost always makes a woman look better, even if only by a little bit. There's a reason they use it, of course.

I still maintain that sometimes using an excessive amount of makeup can backfire and make a woman less natural and/or attractive.

Sure, put in clown-form. But that's a pretty sparse situation.

Sure some women may claim they don't like these things. But overall I don't think it would hurt a man's chances of getting emails and dates if he is attractive.

Well, online it could hurt (lower) his chances if he overdoes the "girls in pics with me", even if he's physically attractive. Again, overdoes it.

gang looking tats on knuckles

Which tattoos aren't gang-like if they're all over their knuckles? :)
 missvixen22
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2018 12:56:09 PM
5 -6 months old is outdated in my opinion. If pics posted have not been taken in the last 2 months I consider them outdated.
 4Lky
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2018 1:31:47 PM
face palm pics to me are pics with:

kids: -we know you probably have some type of offspring, your site lists it, you'll tell us when your ready
exes, past loves: -needs no explanation
pics with a friend: -sometimes the friend looks hotter.
pic turned sideways: -if you cant figure how to upside your pics? how do you function in the 21st century?
pics of you hugging someone: -unless you're hugging brad pitt etc, its not looking good
you, with lots friends partying etc: -sometimes i can't even pick you out of the pic
pics with those goddamn bunny ears, noses etc: -what dimension do you think we want to date a fairytale creature -really
 ssm508
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2018 2:16:26 PM

5 -6 months old is outdated in my opinion. If pics posted have not been taken in the last 2 months I consider them outdated.

Okay. But if a person had an indoor picture (at their job, home, restaurant etc) that was taken today and another indoor picture that was taken 5-6 months ago, more often than not, you probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference.
 cooldog65
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2018 8:51:35 PM

Sounds about right for the younger generation. "That was so last week"...
 sun_water
Msg: 117
Posted: 9/3/2018 7:40:17 AM

Sure, put in clown-form. But that's a pretty sparse situation.

I have seen it happen with friends and relatives. They are experimenting with different types of makeup and they put a little bit too much. They don't look terrible. But they would probably look better if they used a little bit less makeup.

Well, online it could hurt (lower) his chances if he overdoes the "girls in pics with me", even if he's physically attractive. Again, overdoes it.

Yes. Maybe it can be a turn off if all or most of his pictures are with women. But 1 picture with a woman that could be his sister or platonic friend won't bother me.

A picture that is 5-6 years old can be outdated. But being turned off by someone using pictures that are 3-6 months seems excessive. Then again this type of sentiment might be more common with younger people who might take pictures of themselves at least once a week. To each their own I guess.
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Posted: 9/4/2018 7:16:43 AM
my current pic is a selfie I took in my office just for pof. just not that serious about it right now. my old profile from 6-7 years ago had many older pics, some a few years old at the time. the reason was they were pics taken at different places I went. I wanted a potential date that would go to those places with me. camping deep in the woods, standing at the edge of a cliff on a mountain or at a car show or van in. it both eliminated those who didn't care for those activities and attracted those who did.
 missvixen22
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 9/4/2018 2:16:44 PM
Many people change their look very frequently so we agree to disagree.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Posted: 9/4/2018 3:33:03 PM

And ANOTHER SMH moment.
 Seahorse_Jockey
Msg: 121
Posted: 9/4/2018 5:06:50 PM

If pics posted have not been taken in the last 2 months I consider them outdated.

If a pic was taken 2 months, and 3 days ago, are they outdated? Does that mean you wouldn't recognize the person if you were to meet for a date, because they have aged so much in that time?
 browneyesboo
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2018 6:39:51 AM
I like your picture, Mr. Norweigian.

I think make up looks good when people know how to use it.
I don't think a trowel should be in anyone's make up bag.
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2018 8:50:32 AM
no pic bothers me. their idea of average and mine rarely match and usually just not my cup of tea. I will say though that one girl I dated was very attractive and had no pic because guys only looked at her body, not who she was. sadly, her only good quality was her looks. her looks get my attention, who she is keeps it. I have had my share of very old pics and even pics of someone else, never good but as long as your pics are how you look today, I don't care if it is 2 years old. a few older pics mixed in are fine IF there is a reason for it, major event in your life, extreme situation your prood of etc. I do not care for the age/weight progression pics. main profile pic is 15 years old and each pic gradually moves closer to today. ya, I was skinnier and looked better in the past too, I cant produce that man today and if you wait too long, I will be even older and fatter.
 ssm508
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2018 8:38:08 PM

Many people change their look very frequently

Unless a man shaved his head, a woman that had long hair cut her hair short, or something similar, I doubt a person's looks would dramatically change in 3-6 months to point where you would have problems recognize them.

so we agree to disagree.

Apparently so. But as other posters alluded to, perhaps this is a generational difference.
 Clear_River
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2018 10:53:51 AM
People who have 382736 other people in their pics - why?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > What things turn people off when viewing profiles pics?