Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > interracial couples [Locked]      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 simpleman12
Msg: 226
interracial couplesPage 10 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
blackdymond, are you on ROIDS!
no woman gets that big naturally. omg, your arms are bigger then most guys.
 blackdymond
Msg: 227
interracial couples
Posted: 12/13/2006 11:20:28 AM
LOL,
No Im not atually that is not a photo of me,that photo is a joke, that is not me.LOL.
 ~LoriMac~
Msg: 228
interracial couples
Posted: 12/13/2006 11:38:16 AM
I have to say I have mostly dated white guys and have found its not that big of a deal where I live. I do find I have to show I am not the standard crazy/ghetto black girl they see in the movies but I think every group has thier stereotypes to overcome when meeting someone new.

Frankly I dont have a type when it comes to skin tone...seems to me that is the last thing I look for...I am just attracted to certain types of men.
 quadmom
Msg: 229
view profile
History
interracial couples
Posted: 12/13/2006 8:26:11 PM
lorimac, I'm glad that I'm not the only one thats getting "You're so well spoken" in the first conversation.

Please..fellas. Not all of us are characters from B.A.P.S.
 studplayrico
Msg: 230
view profile
History
interracial couples
Posted: 12/13/2006 8:41:06 PM
I'll marry purple or green woman if i love her.
 luvsouth135
Msg: 231
interracial couples
Posted: 12/13/2006 8:58:29 PM
Msg. 13

I am so glad that someone took the time to set this person straight, thank you!

K
 quadmom
Msg: 232
view profile
History
interracial couples
Posted: 12/14/2006 12:05:41 PM
She says the pic isn't hers, but then indicates in the first line of her profile that men without pics aren't welcome??? Uh huh. The photo is a joke? So funny that there are two of them...

That doesn't make any sense.

I say be proud of yourself. Wear what you want, buy what you want, date who you want and be who you want. No skin off my nose either way.
 BeanCounterGuy
Msg: 233
interracial couples
Posted: 12/14/2006 12:58:16 PM
You have to figure Captain Kirk of Star Trek fame is the least racist of all of us. That guy hooked up with women of all different colours; red, green, purple etc. Completely non-judgemental in my mind....
 Copperypeach
Msg: 234
interracial couples
Posted: 12/16/2006 6:08:09 AM
To msg 247,

I'm so glad someone else has pinged in on the examples people tend to use when speaking of Black Beauties. Even kids comercials have bi-racial children as the best attempt to show diversity playing together. It'd be difficult to find a commercial with straight black-you don't have to wonder what they're ethnicity is-black child model with broad features, kinkier textured hair and darker skin. So is the more ethnic range of our attractive really portrayed? I would agree with you and Sweetness that it's not. BUT, I have noticed, though, that when I do see IR couples BW/WM the girl is more ethnic in color and features. She is, however, more slight in figure and sharing a more non-ethnic figure than is more common (maybe even stereotypical) of Black women who tend to be thicker built in "some areas". Another lighter skinned woman noted that in another thread as well. I don't know what to think about the conflicting observations.
 NocturnalPrincess
Msg: 235
interracial couples
Posted: 12/16/2006 8:32:43 AM
One of my good friends is a 6-03, 230 lbs., muscular dark skinned black male, Chocalaka is his nickname. Everyone thought that we had an involvement, but to this day he is just a wonderful friend. The white guys at work used to hate that we "were together!" and we played on that daily, just to yank their chains. He has a dazzling smile, and is exceptionally handsome.

When we worked together, he used to tell me that he loved me (as a friend), but that I had "no ass!"

Bottom line (pun intended) he liked a Sista Butt.

Which brings me to body type observations, beyond just facial features.

In general, Black women seem to have better butts, whereas many White women have flat butts. Even skinny black women seem to have curves. In general, white women with pretty legs seem to have better legs than black women; I have seen so many black women with toothpick ankles.

Personally, I think there is beauty everywhere. Take a look at the Miss Universe Pageant! We all have our assets and shortcomings. It is just a damned shame that some people are afraid to pursue relationships because they are concerned about judgementalism from Society, Friends, and Family.

One of my most passionate relationships was with a dark-skinned black male, which ended in 1991. He initiated a meeting with my father, because he was frustrated, and I knew Dad would not approve. After the meeting, Dad told me that he really liked M., and he was a really nice young man, and that he wished my own brother were more like M. But he also told me that he did not approve because of the racism that we would experience. There was one time that M. and I sat at a Denny's and waited 20 minutes without being served before we finally left.

Racism happens. I personally do not carry the race card! Never have and never will! ***holes come in all shapes, sizes and colors.
 Selfish_Prick!
Msg: 236
interracial couples
Posted: 12/16/2006 5:26:53 PM
My girlfriend is black and beautifull. She is from Trinidad.
 inachu
Msg: 237
interracial couples
Posted: 12/16/2006 6:19:39 PM
I almost asked a black girl out but only for the following reasons.

She had the most black skin ever seen on a human.

I know even other black people would be shocked at her blackness so black almost charcoal.

Second her eyes were like asian eyes. Her body very thing and asian like and very very tall like a basket ball player. So in essense she looked 100% asian but with the blackest of skin ever seen. She was pure goddess to me. I never saw her again.

But I never followed through because I was sick of tired hearing form my black female co worker..... "Hey you know what?!?!? YOU NEED A BLACK GIRL!" "THATS ALL THERE IS ALL TO IT." she said it as in a matter of fact kind of way. Hearing that kinda pissed me off.

I grew up dating only german girls and on east coast they are far and few between and the EAST COAST mentality is pretty sick. So I stopped dating east coast for other races not inbred with east coast thinking style.
 inachu
Msg: 238
interracial couples
Posted: 12/16/2006 6:24:18 PM
Trinidad is cool.

Any from outside the USA dont have any USA internal hangups.
 COblkbobcat
Msg: 239
interracial couples
Posted: 12/16/2006 6:57:28 PM
I'm not exactly sure why but, I do agree that it is easier for a black guy to date a white women these days than the other way around.

the stereotype that us black guys have right now seems to be in fashion.

Up until my current girlfriend, I used to date white girls 90% of the time. I think this had less to do with the fact that I preferred white girls and more to do with the fact that I grew up in a mostly white, suburban community and could just relate better.

When I used to approach black girls who came from the suburbs they usually seemed to date only white guys. So i guess it's about who and how you associate on a certain level.

Luckilly, I finally found a black girl from the burbs that likes my non-ghetto style...
 TTicker
Msg: 240
interracial couples
Posted: 12/17/2006 4:03:20 PM
I ain't black but very white,but I ain't beautiful,but I know beauty when I see it and dayum,I've seen beauty in every race,color and creed.So,why don't people date,live with or marry who they want to is along as they'er happy?

This whole issue of racial problems need to be shoved up satan's azzzzz so people can love and live a happy life.

My Blessings on all you that marry who you please and that please you....Go for it....

All God's people has a right to be with who they want to.......
 Carsonsmami
Msg: 241
view profile
History
interracial couples
Posted: 12/17/2006 7:52:26 PM
First off, not all hispanics can't speak english.. my child was to be considered hispanic before his death because he would have had dual citizenship to the United States and to Guatemala... so there for he could speak english... most hispanics to have large families, my ex husband was the third oldest of seventeen, and my brother in law is the second oldest of nineteen.. I have never known a hispanic to ask for help for anything, all that most of them want to do is come and get a job and make a life for themselves and possibly their family. I want to see a group of americans that will work the fields and build the buildings working from 6 in the morning until darkness.

America is supposed to be the melting pot, where everyone can come for equality, but nobody is doing that anymore. Everyone b***hes about the Mexicans, and other Latinos coming over, but no one says anything to Canadians (no offense to anyone) or Inidans or any other nationality... That is what irritates me.

Furtermore, I to will date anyone of any race or nationality because to me dating, and being in a relationship/marriage is all about loving one another and not worrying about what others ahve to say about you.
 Plsd2MitCha
Msg: 242
interracial couples
Posted: 12/17/2006 8:55:58 PM
you see white women with black and mulatto babies all the time ....i got me a few ....but you never see a black woman with a white baby ....go with the flow, baby ...
 GypsyEssence
Msg: 243
interracial couples
Posted: 12/17/2006 10:19:18 PM
I've dated various races but then I am so mixed myself technically it's really not interracial dating.

I've dated mostly Black men when I was young and my son's father is a Black man I've known since we were in second grade. But I've always had a strong preference for White men and Latinos which is who I mainly date now. My family and friends don't give me any grief because everyone knows I am going to do what I want to do anyway.

My family on both sides is so interracially and ethnically mix that for some of us although we may look a certain way genetically we may be considered another race.

When I am out with someone that their melanin is different than my own, I don't spend my time worrying about what others are saying, doing or whathaveyou as long as they are not trying to assault us. I spend our time learning new things together or sharing interests to create a more cohesive relationship.
 Dancing_4_You
Msg: 244
view profile
History
interracial couples
Posted: 12/17/2006 10:44:13 PM
msg 272. i don't know about where u come from, but where i come from the word "mulatto" is a slave breeding term and highly offensive-- particularly to bi-racial individuals who were born of love and not slave breeding. these are modern times. i know that some geographic areas are not in tune with this issue, so whenever i hear this term, i am compelled as a mom with adopted bi-racial teens to bring it to the table to educate. believe me, it is HIGHLY, HIGHLY offensive, although often unintentional. i was fortunate, about 20 years ago, to have it brought to my attention from a collegue who was "light skinned". both her parents had one caucasian (european descent) parent, so she in turn, was often referred to with this word and it enraged her. i had heard the word as a child and has used it with her, also unknowingly.

as to seeing a black woman with a white baby, you are wrong. more and more black woman fost/adopt white babies or marry men with white babies. furthermore if the husband is caucasian and the mom is african american, her baby can often pass for another ethnic group. aside from skin color, a lot can depend upon hair styling etc. my son can switch from looking "african american" to looking "latino" just by changing his hairstyle. one of my daughters is mistaken for a tanned phillipino (she is partly indigenous as well). or people say, "what are you" to her. i tell her it's not much different from people thinking i am italian (i am russian descent) and depending upon where i might hang, i've been taken for a light skinned african american when in a predominantly african american neighborhood. in fact, i looked a lot like the woman i spoke about above when i was "tanner". also i could be middle eastern looking as well, depending a lot if my hair is straight or curly and how i decide to makeup and dress that day. so, yes--i've seen a number of african american woman with "white" babies.

you can probably tell that i have a hard time even using black or white anymore. if we are saying african american, then the comparable word would be latin american, european american, asian american, etc. most "white" people, down the line, have african american in them. most african americans have european american in them. the black and white thing will not make any sense 20 years from now. i might however, say light skinned or dark skinned to describe someone, in the way i would say blonde or brunette.

i will qualify all of the above by saying i lived in nyc and recently in san jose, CA. so we have been in a mixed ethnic geographic area. now in santa cruz area, there is less traditional african american identity, but hey --angela davis teaches at the university, i am told. she was one of my childhood heros!
 Lil_Genuine_Sweetie
Msg: 245
interracial couples
Posted: 12/18/2006 8:34:39 AM
Im the mother of a mixed child and I find it ignorant when some people ask is he mixed.Automatically some people think the child is mixed.why is that everytime a child has curly hair and fair skin people think the child is mixed.How do you know the child is not black and just happens to have curly hair and fairskin.I also find it sillie that people will assume that the father is white just because he is fairskinned.White is not the only nationality out here and having a white parent does not always make the child come out looking fairskinned either.my child father is not white but people assume that he is.Also just to let some people know who are color struck.Two darkskinned people can make a very fairskinned baby.Just because you go with a man or woman who is from another nationality and have babies with the person does not mean your child is going to come out looking the way that you think they will.What alot of people fail to know is the person skin complexion has little to with it.Love the person but dont the love the person just because of their skin complexion that is pretty ignorant.whatever your preference is that is up to you but dont let it be for foolish reasons just because the person is white or black.Like I said before we are not our skin!
 quadmom
Msg: 246
view profile
History
interracial couples
Posted: 12/18/2006 9:02:00 AM
I'm a little confused..Genuine Sweetie.

You have a mixed child, but it annoys you when people assume that he's mixed?? I'm lost, not trying to be a b.

My children are mixed/biracial. Generally speaking you CAN tell a child is biracial...now I don't know that I've had anyone assume just WHAT my kids are mixed WITH...and I really don't care what they think or assume. My son has straight hair. Its only curly when I leave it wet. Is it wrong for someone to assume his daddy must be white? I don't think so...its just..natural. I'm not sure what difference it makes. My children aren't defined by what other folks think of them or what race they think they are. Frankly its nobody's business, but since its no big deal I'll tell people when they stop me and say "Oooh, your babies are gorgeous..is their dad white?" UH HUH..he sure is. Not that ANYONE has ever approached them in that manner. You are right.they likely just assume. No skin off my nose..who cares?

Bronze Gourmet, I'd love to send you some pics of my babies. C'mon now. Oh, and ask yourself if YOU would give the evil eye to a sista with a white man. I've LIVED on the other side of that, and believe me..you brothas can throw some cold stares too. Not that I care...that last black guy that tried to say something to me about being with a white man in public, I told him "You know you got a white girl at home..so shut up." His friends laughed at him and he didn't say another word.

I'll date who I'm attracted to, physically and mentally. White men seem to approach me more...so be it. I'm so sick of some folks making it seem like its such a big deal. How do you think we black people ended up every shade from light to dark? Theres been people mixing it up since the beginning.
 Missy-L
Msg: 247
interracial couples
Posted: 12/18/2006 9:06:11 AM
i been with black men since i was 17 years old im 38 now i have white male friend but i never had sex with them why i dont know i just prefer balck men they like me to lol why i dont know but if you get to know someone it shouldnt matter
 Missy-L
Msg: 248
interracial couples
Posted: 12/18/2006 9:37:30 AM
if a white guy asks me out or hispanic i wont say no we could go out im nice and cool about whatever happenes
 ~LoriMac~
Msg: 249
interracial couples
Posted: 12/18/2006 12:53:16 PM
serenitycw...you are awesome honey!! I was maybe 9 the first and only time someone called me mullato and I didnt know the connotations but it felt negative...i was so embarrassed (for both me and the person saying it).

Incidentally being in calgary, canada you see mixed race babies everywhere...being mixed here doesnt just mean black/white either...can be native american/black....white/asian...asian/black...you name it we see it everywhere...some of the most beautiful babies too...omg soooo freeaking cute...i love that these kids can grow up with a more global view of the world being exposed to vastly different cultures too. It doesnt have to be an extinction of a culture to mix,....it can be something sooo much better!

Having been mixed I found there is racism out there but I also grew up with a dimension to my character others didnt have because they werent noticably mixed. I am not afraid of racism...I am not just tolerant I am accepting...and I am not nearly as sensitive to what other people think of who I date...frankly i could care less.
 GypsyEssence
Msg: 250
interracial couples
Posted: 12/18/2006 2:04:28 PM
Serenitycw, Quadmom and Lorimac,

You ladies all display the qualities that many should inregards to viewing people and handling ignorance. Kudos to you!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > interracial couples [Locked]