Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 toonsmith
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Judas Priest(rock star term limits)Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Juda Priest recently put out a great CD that stands with the best of their work. Some bands get better with age.

Some bands just turn bland and play the same old hits at your nearby county fair. They turn into nostaliga acts.

Some bands like Van Halen, will never be what they once were. Their term limits ran out mentally and physically.

The Rolling Stones, great though they are, are now just a greatest hits jukebox at the Superbowl.

But I think it's great when Paul McCartney, Judas Priest, Blue Oyster Cult, and a handful of other aging bands can still put out a critically well recieved CD that still has some of that magic of when they first started out.

Toon
 toonsmith
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Judas Priest(rock star term limits)
Posted: 7/4/2006 5:52:19 PM
Whoa, Dio is 66?

Yes, that is a bit long in the tooth to be wearing tights and romping around onstage giving the horn sign.

I know Alice Cooper is getting up there, but at least he can hide behind make-up. LOL

I respect Judas Priest because they have had so many musical highlights during their career.

They are a hard working band that earned their way to the top. I''ve seen some of the embarrassing choreography onstage with the guitar players and yes, they do look like they are stumbling around ala Spinal Tap.

But in the studio, they still rock. Maybe if the bands just concentrated on standing still, wearing black to hide the flab, and play their asses off. Then they can still tour and gig with dignity.

But....hmm, Dio at 66....that takes some getting used to. I remember him when he was with Elf.

Toon
 magica1965
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 2/11/2007 1:16:23 PM
well im glad to say ronnie james dio will be 57 in july...he can still whoop ass on any given night...i saw dio on the master of the moon tour in 2004 and his voice is incredible..hes the best singer out there in metal...priest is awesome to..along with iron maiden..they dont make bands like these anymore..keep rocking guys....
 GuitarGuy_
Msg: 21
Posted: 5/1/2007 9:38:44 PM
What I love about Ozzy is that his songs still chart, and get on MTV. Honestly the stones haven't done anything relevant in a decade, whereas Ozz always seems to catch the mood of the times without appearing to be selling out.

Love priest, seen them on defenders of the faith, and Turbo tours!

GuitarGuy_
Msg: 23
Posted: 5/2/2007 5:50:20 PM
They asked Mick Jagger how he stays looking young...

his reply.....

"I just stand next to Keith Richards"

:)
 *Bulldog*
Msg: 31
Posted: 6/14/2007 9:44:42 AM
RJD was born in '42 (as best we know, anyways) so he's 65 this year, not 66. His voice has remained strong after all these years unlike some other singers we know *cough* Ozzy *cough*.
 Tayfire
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 9/3/2011 9:43:53 AM
Nah there's no limits.

Lemmy (Motorhead) 65
Alice Cooper 63
Ozzy Black Sabbath reunion.
Neil Diamond (Not a rock star) 70.
AC/DC 50's and early 60's.
Any more LoL?
 THEKidWicked
Msg: 38
Posted: 9/3/2011 3:08:30 PM

priest are from england.THEY ARE NOT STARS. that a goofy american thing

priest are rock GODS.

worldwide.

i don't think anyone gives a shit where they're from.

k.w.
hell bent for leather
 ArtzyWoman
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 9/3/2011 4:48:43 PM
Being a musician does not have an age limit. I saw Judas Priest a couple of years ago and all of them in the band can rock regardless of age. Including Ozzy -Heaven and Hell, Dio before he passed away, Alice Cooper and all of those guys in their 60's can put away some 20 yr olds!
As for retiring, I would be proud to have my parent up on stage rocking.
By the way Alice Cooper's daughter dances on stage with her Dad!
Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  >