Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > What does a man mean by "taking things slow"???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 blueiss2
Msg: 76
view profile
History
What does a man mean by taking things slow???Page 4 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
To me taking it slow , means The slower the better , and last so much longer, and it it only gets and feels so much better. Lisa
 heyitsdoug
Msg: 77
What does a man mean by taking things slow???
Posted: 8/18/2006 6:38:32 AM
I've got to think that if men are telling you women
that they want to take things slowly AFTER you have
sex with them......that maybe you're having sex with
them a little to early on in the relationship. If you're
sleeping together before you get to know them, you
didn't take things slowly! If you just want sex, and jump
right into it that's your choice......but you shouldn't be
too surprised when the "relationship" doesn't work out.
I tend to make it clear that I want to take things slowly
right from the start.
 Funme40
Msg: 78
Posted: 8/18/2006 6:41:47 AM
Most women mix up lust, love and sex. Most will uses sex in order to try to win a man’s heart. It just doesn’t work that way!
 Branzan
Msg: 79
Posted: 8/18/2006 8:46:36 AM
I agree with duck, it is different things to different people. Try not to lump all guys into one group although there are those ones out there where taking it slow means sex without commitment. For me it is really about taking time to get to know someone and figure out if you are right for each other. When you are "burned" so to speak you automatically become very cautious and will take steps to make sure it doesn't happen again.
 tallboy62
Msg: 80
Posted: 8/18/2006 12:06:44 PM
I think optimistichappylady nailed it pretty well.
 p19630416
Msg: 81
Posted: 11/14/2006 5:41:33 AM
Taking things slow can mean a lot of things to a man, all depending in what was on his mind when he wrote that, or what he has been throw, or what are his intentions, etc.
All the answer in here that I have read are all good… can be because of a past bad experience, to making sure that what ever he is doing is the right choice decision, from dumping, to sex, and the list goes on.
 Amielle
Msg: 82
Posted: 11/14/2006 12:42:39 PM
To Canali-what other topics do you suggest we discuss??
 Titian
Msg: 83
Posted: 11/14/2006 12:52:01 PM
I think that it means that he wants sex from you and never wants to have a real relationship..with you....as in shacking up ..blah blah...family stuff......If he takes it slow he can get all the sex he wants without a commitment to you...Duh !
 Rae Rae
Msg: 84
Posted: 11/14/2006 12:55:56 PM
It means don't ask me to give you financial disclosure, don't start naming our kids, or ask me to start saving for that big house, and please don't ask me every two seconds what I am thinking, or where I am going and when I'll be back.
 METALLlC BLUE
Msg: 85
Posted: 11/15/2006 2:44:35 AM
Ask the person, only their interpretation is the correct answer.
 JulietJuliet
Msg: 86
Posted: 11/15/2006 3:22:01 AM

taking it slow
Translated means.....

I have several fishing lines dangling in this pond, I have caught YOU already, but should a better fishie come along, I shall have to throw you back. For now however, you are suitable for my needs.
 mortalexplorer
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2006 4:42:51 AM
1) I don't mean this in a rude way but: Stop steriotyping to "men" or "women"....it will make you understand things more effectively.
2) "Taking it slow" is different for everybody. Some use it as a facade and an attempt to get other people in the sack. Others are serious about it and emotionally/psychologically can't go into something that fast (This can be due to past experience, fear, not being in a relationship for a while....).
3) So if you don't understand the person enough to distinguish between f*****g and unreadiness, chances are you are going into it WAY too early and need to aquaint with eachother a little more.
 caliguy9999
Msg: 88
Posted: 11/15/2006 5:57:57 AM
If I tell a girl we should take it slow, it most definitely means no sex yet. It means lets just date, get to know each other, not rush anything.

This is the first time I've heard 'take it slow' could mean sex with no committment.
 jenny~dee
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2006 7:25:09 AM
AHHH yes the " taking it slow phase". a bit of a pain in the ass for the girls to figure out, but i think ive got it. Relax and it is ok, if this guy wants to take it slow it could just mean that he needs to analyse what he is feeling. yet again men are not perfect and scare easily when it comes to love or letting someone in their heart. Give him the space he needs and DO TAKE ADVANTAGE of the time apart, go out and do something, get with the girls, have fun and smile. If you really care about him, you will give him space and if he really wants to be with you and feels the same way you should have NO worries- breathe:)
 Just_2_b_me
Msg: 90
Posted: 11/15/2006 9:04:11 AM
Man I'm with Doug, lots of cynical people in the world. I know because I certainly am .... however ......

I suppose it could mean most of the things that were mentioned in this thread, but not all and certainly not always.

In my case the lady that I am lucky enough to be dating is a coworker, we have known each other for 7 years, for the first four years I was still married and she was in a LTR of her own.
While we have always been friendly towards each other there was never anything between us. Last spring we started riding bikes together at a local Nature Preserve as a way to encourage each other to stick with stopping smoking and losing a couple of pounds and getting in better shape then we were. This would be the start of us becoming more then just co-workers, we became friends. Seems I see a lot of profiles with “friends first” as being a requirement, and we felt the same way, especially being co-workers.

So we took things slowly, we went bike riding, went to the movies, to the lake, out to dinner & all the time we talked, & talked, & talked some more, & slowly we became friends, and once we were sure there was more then just a desire to jump each other (because there was certainly a desire) we slowly moved past being just friends. And while there are no guarantees in the world I think we did the right thing and together we have both gone from being cynical & jaded to being optimistic and happy together.
 GREENEYES269
Msg: 91
Posted: 11/21/2006 7:15:15 PM
Thats not all ways true it might be that he takes it slow so he does'nt get rail roaded again. its better to take it slow and get longterm for real than to rush in and be burned short term.Best things are worth takeing slow.
 johnglc
Msg: 92
Posted: 11/21/2006 7:58:54 PM
It means he doesn't want to RUSH things.....
 Skeena Rivers
Msg: 93
Posted: 11/21/2006 8:34:25 PM
~ Be there please...just not too far...however not too close. ~
 marshw
Msg: 94
Posted: 11/21/2006 10:15:27 PM
It means you are nothing but a booty call.
 Colonel Hapablat
Msg: 95
Posted: 11/21/2006 10:27:30 PM
Skeena's got it right!! It pretty much we will hang out and hump whenever I am wanting to. Not you!
 METALLlC BLUE
Msg: 96
Posted: 11/22/2006 2:15:46 AM
For me it means:

Let's let the bond develop in time in order to get stronger which allows us to really stay together thru the ups and downs of life, rather than forcing it by doing things like:

Having sex on the first date, or meeting your family after a week, or spending every single night and day together, making commitments I'm not ready to make, moving into my house, moving from another country, etc.

Let's take it "slow". If we don't, there won't be any connection keeping us together when times get tough.
 Skeena Rivers
Msg: 97
Posted: 11/22/2006 7:07:05 AM
~ ....yeah Colonel it's NOT me....ha ha. ~
 cuteazabutton
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 11/22/2006 8:08:42 AM

When a man says "he wants to take things slow" MEANS(I'll just make her think that SEX isn't my Priority) But really it is....How stupid do you think we are Guys?

Very well said, the problem although that i have with the phrase "taking things slow" is that if youre going to butter up the woman with all these compliments, like telling her she's fabulous, sexy, smart, use the phrase "where have u been all my life?" etc. then maybe u men should expect that the woman will think there is something more going on in your head (and not the lower one that is) that possibly youre looking at wanting something more.

Im not getting any younger and the years are flying by and to hear that phrase "wanting to take it slow" from someone who is around the same age really surprises me. We dont have forever to be on this earth and if the two people are compatible in every way even after a few dates or talks then why not go for it? Stop being cowards and take that chance because you could be letting go of the perfect woman for yourself and not even know it.
 Fiery~D
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 11/22/2006 8:19:43 AM
Taking it slow....

From my personal experience has meant...I dont want to be with you.

It's much like the 'we'll see' phrase which my mum used to use....it usually meant no.

In other words, truthfully it means something else.

I took it slow with a guy once...he then asked if we could go a bit slower.....I told him ok...we're over, coz if we go any slower we'll stop!

So we did...stop that is
 Whole 9 Yards
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 11/22/2006 8:23:36 AM
Taking things slow means I want to get to know you before we have sex and find out that all we ever would be is f-buddies and that without sex you are an annoying person that I don't want to be obligated to spend time with because we have regular sex. How's that?

Seriously though. Haven't you ever been with someone who you were infatuated with and after you get past the "f-like bunnies" stage, there was nothing else? If we are dating, it goes without saying that I find you attractive and want to sleep with you. But do I want to wake up to you for the rest of my life? That's what I'm trying to find out.

I don't want to lie to you to get you in the sack. I know that I could do that. I don't want to do that.

If we paw you we're sex obssessed pervs, if we don't try to jump you, you get a complex and think we're up to something. Another one of those dating conundrums....Fish on.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > What does a man mean by "taking things slow"???