Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > What does a man mean by "taking things slow"???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Gunslinger94
Msg: 151
view profile
History
What does a man mean by taking things slow???Page 7 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
It means your not the only girl on the hook and he is stringing you out to see which girl is better = He's a liar.

Liar.
 Agallah005
Msg: 152
What does a man mean by taking things slow???
Posted: 1/2/2007 7:44:38 PM
it means"why don't we take it slow while I can get this other chick off of my "schlong" nothing more than that. I always take that approach if I want one girl and go onto the next. nothing innocent about that, but then you get older and you start thinking slower is better
 itsallinthesoul
Msg: 153
Posted: 1/2/2007 7:45:38 PM
My my what a bunch of cynics?

From this thread I have to wonder if all the men that are finding negative connotations to the words are not players trying to mess us ladies up. The ladies that are finding negative connotations perhaps want this in a man but simply don't believe it truly exists.

I like to take it slow simply because I have been hurt in the past and I do want to be sure that it is the man I care about and not the sex or having "someone" around. I choose to assume that a man will say it for the same reason...it is called projection.

I've met a man who has said this...we have been physical but are backing up that train to focus on getting to know each other. I feel like the luckiest girl in the pond right now because this man has respect for me and he is honest. Rather than assume anything, I actually asked him what it meant...he told me what HE meant. That really does work you know.... COMMUNICATION! Maybe in a week/month/few months, I might decide he is not right for me or he may decide I am not right for him. At least I will know he was interested enough in me to get to know me, not just my body.
 colt8301
Msg: 154
Posted: 1/2/2007 10:56:34 PM
It depends on the man. One man can me he wants look around a bit. one can mean not jumping in a relationship, depends on the guy.
 Loladoublecup
Msg: 155
Posted: 3/25/2007 8:06:26 AM
He is not really "into you". He is probably shopping for other woman.
 massachusettes0
Msg: 156
Posted: 3/25/2007 8:15:59 AM
it means he is waiting to see if his ex. will take him back.. so she wont mention you on their arguments.-- LOOK WHAT I CAN DO
 missouri-gypsy
Msg: 157
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2007 8:21:25 AM
They do not want to get married, ya know the old saying "Why buy the cow when the milk is free"? haaaa
 singleguy64
Msg: 158
Posted: 3/30/2007 12:50:33 AM

I've met a man who has said this...we have been physical but are backing up that train to focus on getting to know each other. I feel like the luckiest girl in the pond right now because this man has respect for me and he is honest. Rather than assume anything, I actually asked him what it meant...he told me what HE meant. That really does work you know.... COMMUNICATION!

GASP!!! My god, itsallinthesoul, *communication*??? Oh no, people can't do that, its so much easier to just assume things based on a few experiences, rather than treating every person as a unique individual, and actually talking to them!
 KCLady
Msg: 159
view profile
History
Posted: 3/30/2007 4:19:33 PM
In man language, taking it slow means exactly this :::

I don't want a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship, but if you want to sleep with me, I will go for that"

In woman language it means :::

I would like to take the time to get to know you well to see if I like you before I sleep with you

Man and woman are always opposites when it comes to stuff like this.
 singleguy64
Msg: 160
Posted: 3/30/2007 7:54:35 PM
^ In Kclady's *assumption* of what I would mean its:

"I don't want a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship, but if you want to sleep with me, I will go for that"

In reality, what it would mean (for me) is:

"I like you and would like to pursue it furthur and see where it goes, but I'm not interested in sleeping with you until we get to know each other a little better. "

Thus the value of *NOT ASSUMING* it means anything, until you actually ask the person what they mean. But, as I said, not like *communication* is important in a relationship or anthing, if she wants to *assume* what I mean, I'll gladly count it as someone I wouldn't have wanted anyways, because obviously they are more apt to run a relationship on guesses and assumption than on open and honest communication. And why would I want a relationship with someone with such a negative opinion of me that if I have to work late one night, she's probably going to be "assuming" I'm cheating, and where does that end? Reality is, if you can't actually talk to the person and ask what they really mean, forget about a relationship anyways.

edit: Funny, too., that quote, coming from someone who has in their profile: "I trust until I am shown that I can't". That assumption doesn't sound too trusting to me.
 ny_lady_13601
Msg: 161
Posted: 3/30/2007 8:34:01 PM
They suddenly want to take things slow after they speeded things along so they could get what they really wanted...to get laid.
 jimi77
Msg: 162
Posted: 3/31/2007 1:07:15 AM
it means he is not sure how he feels yet and doesn’t want to have kids, get married, and commit full time until he knows you a bit more.. Or he is a player looking for poon.
 poeticflame82
Msg: 163
Posted: 4/28/2007 11:31:42 PM
"My my what a bunch of cynics" watch what you say lady...cynicism works both ways. You imply we lack communication? How so, if when we speak our minds you tell us to shut up and immediately come to the conclusion we're ***holes. Women claim communication is key, yet when we conversate and there is a thing that we say you don't like...you women deliberately break up with us. To make matters worst you expect us to cry for you while with your girls you're saying how horrible we were. for once why don't you speak about the ups and downs for both persons rather than one alone?
 Outflow
Msg: 164
Posted: 4/29/2007 1:02:13 AM
Taking it slow is simply an expresion. It might mean something else to everyone and their Mother's, but one thing is for certain. For one reason or another, they are wary about throwing themselves full swing into a relationship. Whether it be sex, commitment issues, confidence issues... whatever.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 165
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2007 10:59:52 PM

My guess? That he wants to take things slow. I could be wrong.

scorpiomover
Msg: 166
view profile
History
Posted: 5/22/2007 1:24:35 AM
I was still nursing some pain of rejection.
Started seeing this woman. Turned out I wasn't very into her.
Not a lot of attraction. Not a lot of connection. Not a lot of chemistry.
But she was into me. And I'd fallen for 2 women that I just hung out with for a few months.
So I thought if we spend a few months together, something might develop.
So I told her I wanted to "take it slow".
Anyway, she kept getting hot and heavy. She kept talking about us still being together months away. It was too much. So I dropped it.
Would it have worked? I don't know. All I know is that it didn't.
 psignosis
Msg: 167
Posted: 5/22/2007 1:51:23 AM
Well, Im a believer that woman either like you or hate you in the first five minutes.

So, " taking it slow " means the womans got issues or she wants to check you out some more because she really hasn't made up her mind. She mightn't know what she wants either? Thats another bad sign. Either way, its a problem looming on the horizon and its time to find someone else...

I've seen this situation before personally, and with a lot of my friends. It turns into the guy being screwed around and messed about. He jumps through hoops for the woman and in the end finds out that it was all for nothing anyway.

Woman who need more time are either messed up or are looking for reasons to size you up. In either case, its not a good start and there's likely to be another woman who hasn't got issues.

Its the same old thing. A guy chats up a girl and spends the next six months trying to buy her flowers, talks with her on the phone and takes her out places. I mean really, your probably going to be dumped anyway and you may as well have chat up the girl across from you. The girl across from you is likely to at least acknowledge that she likes you, and stay with you for a year or more in a happier relationship. If she annoys a bloke enough to get over his self-confidence, then he'll never have any regrets.

I'd ditch the woman and go off with some other woman... If she loses out then thats her problem? I'd rather be the guy getting a woman I want and leave her problems and baggage to the next guy who comes along. Let some other sucker deal with her problems.

She needs more time... doesn't mean a bloke has to wait.

A blokes worst enemy is his self-confidence. When he gets over that and stops caring, he starts to realise that he can chat up six girls in a single night instead of hanging off one thats abusive. I've done that before and well, if it takes some abusive woman to make a bloke wake up to themselves then thats a good thing. Ironically, woman tend to find chatty guys who are very flirtatious interesting and your confidence tends to snowball.

It doesn't matter what you do, a woman thinks she's the center of the world and she'll be trying to pick faults in you. Don't give her the chance and just walk off. Men who crawl get walked on, Men who say ' hello ' and then walk off have woman crawling to them. Woman see men who are surrounded by other woman as a catch. From what I've also found out, woman are always trying to exploit mens weakness's and they'll have no sympathy if they find one.

Its better for a guy to work on his self-confidence and be surrounded by lots of woman he might not like, than be hanging off a single woman who will probably just mess with his head until she's done with him.

Then there's the other point of view... Why bother with any of it when you get nothing out of it?
 piscean_m
Msg: 168
view profile
History
Posted: 5/22/2007 2:31:12 AM
I agree with some of the earlier posters, taking things slow would have a different meaning to males who indicated such...

In my case....it would mean that I have recognized your expediency to get this relationship off the ground, crowding my environment, calling me 24-7, asking my whereabouts, timing my visits to places, and possibly following me...

If this is apparent, the relationship itself will be evaluated and a decision will be made to see if its worth continuance....

Most of us need time to breathe and collect our thoughts without pressure....
 Artistee
Msg: 169
view profile
History
Posted: 5/22/2007 4:14:21 AM
I would think possibly (Yeah, Right...Ha Ha) that the man has found someone worthwhile, and he doesn't want to mess things up by rushing into things that might overwhelm and kill the possible relationship...and maybe he really wants to work at getting it right...

...But what do I know?...I'll just get, "Bah...Bah...Bah...Your profile says, 'Blah...Blah...Blah'...and I don't believe you..."

...So I'll give the answer most WANT to hear, "It means he likes you, but is still on an endless booty call...and when he's finished playing, he might take you into serious consideration..."

...But what do I know?
 TroyMcLure
Msg: 170
Posted: 5/22/2007 5:21:47 AM
hmmm must think .... the slow word is for I really dont know about you... for me that can translate into...
1. I dont know your past
2. You seem really good at hiding something ....
3. I am figuring out my next move because i dont want to f uck it up
4.You are damn sexy/ potentially violent but i realize now it can never work
6.It just feels better this way and you dont seem like your in a rush ....
 varyfine
Msg: 171
Posted: 7/5/2011 3:49:39 PM
I wonder if the man who 'wants to take it slow' thinks the woman that he 'taking it slow with' should be not dating others while he makes up his mind whether to commit exclusively to the women he is saying he wants to 'take it slow with'?

Then as far as I see it ---- both are still 'on the market' as there is 'no committment'?

Linda
 valenciacityx
Msg: 172
Posted: 12/23/2011 5:55:14 AM
It means nothing is moving forward beyond casual dating until
You pass the back ground check
the credit check
the results from the clinic are back
surveillance,
social media monitoring is complete
and I grill your friends for the 'real' you

my paranoia was here before you, and it will keep me company long after you are gone.
 Jewnolikebeef
Msg: 173
Posted: 12/25/2011 1:06:44 PM
There's a total of two possible meanings of this.

1. I've been known to scare off girls before so I'm walking on eggshells trying to do it right this time and not screw it up...

2. I'm not entirely sure I can't find someone better at the moment, when I'm convinced, then I'll accept you wholeheartedly(for awhile)...
 Ruby Ru
Msg: 174
Posted: 12/25/2011 2:49:36 PM
Taking it slow has so many variations it's actually means nothing. Nothing in the sense that it's means one thing to a female and another thing to a male.

Here's what I came across when I get that vague "let's take things slow"

One young lady said she just got cheated on and didn't want to rush anything. She gave me another general answer to her vague general request. I learned it best to ASK "take what slow? And what does taking "it" slow mean to you?"

Long story short the same girl one month later was asking to hang out more and calls went up all day. I found out(because you know women never say what they really feel) That it meant she was "scared" of commitment.

in another incident-
This Girl was all I could ask for as far as personality, character and compatibility wise. After I asked "what exactly does taking it slow mean to you"( it's way too long to write) but she had a very serious health issue, Std for all you horn balls that rush into thing before you get to know your potential. In this case taking it slow saved me grief later on down the line.

Always dig for deeper meaning when you hear "let's take it slow" find out exactly what the "it" is. If your really into your potential it would be worth while.
 mrp1984
Msg: 175
Posted: 1/17/2012 9:59:03 AM
Is his zipper stuck up or down?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > What does a man mean by "taking things slow"???