Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > What does a man mean by "taking things slow"???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 psignosis
Msg: 176
What does a man mean by taking things slow???Page 8 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
Well, Im a believer that woman either like you or hate you in the first five minutes.

So, " taking it slow " means the womans got issues or she wants to check you out some more because she really hasn't made up her mind. She mightn't know what she wants either? Thats another bad sign. Either way, its a problem looming on the horizon and its time to find someone else...

I've seen this situation before personally, and with a lot of my friends. It turns into the guy being screwed around and messed about. He jumps through hoops for the woman and in the end finds out that it was all for nothing anyway.

Woman who need more time are either messed up or are looking for reasons to size you up. In either case, its not a good start and there's likely to be another woman who hasn't got issues.

Its the same old thing. A guy chats up a girl and spends the next six months trying to buy her flowers, talks with her on the phone and takes her out places. I mean really, your probably going to be dumped anyway and you may as well have chat up the girl across from you. The girl across from you is likely to at least acknowledge that she likes you, and stay with you for a year or more in a happier relationship. If she annoys a bloke enough to get over his self-confidence, then he'll never have any regrets.

I'd ditch the woman and go off with some other woman... If she loses out then thats her problem? I'd rather be the guy getting a woman I want and leave her problems and baggage to the next guy who comes along. Let some other sucker deal with her problems.

She needs more time... doesn't mean a bloke has to wait.

A blokes worst enemy is his self-confidence. When he gets over that and stops caring, he starts to realise that he can chat up six girls in a single night instead of hanging off one thats abusive. I've done that before and well, if it takes some abusive woman to make a bloke wake up to themselves then thats a good thing. Ironically, woman tend to find chatty guys who are very flirtatious interesting and your confidence tends to snowball.

It doesn't matter what you do, a woman thinks she's the center of the world and she'll be trying to pick faults in you. Don't give her the chance and just walk off. Men who crawl get walked on, Men who say ' hello ' and then walk off have woman crawling to them. Woman see men who are surrounded by other woman as a catch. From what I've also found out, woman are always trying to exploit mens weakness's and they'll have no sympathy if they find one.

Its better for a guy to work on his self-confidence and be surrounded by lots of woman he might not like, than be hanging off a single woman who will probably just mess with his head until she's done with him.

Then there's the other point of view... Why bother with any of it when you get nothing out of it?
 Harry Harmony
Msg: 177
What does a man mean by taking things slow???
Posted: 5/22/2007 2:01:56 AM
To me It means I do not want to have a bird take me out 2/3 times then think that I am her sole property,an I cant sleep with other women.thats the idea of relationships your not going to buy the first house you buy do you,
It also means to I do not at this moment in time want a long term relationship.because of 2 long relationships I just want some fun
 piscean_m
Msg: 178
view profile
History
Posted: 5/22/2007 2:31:12 AM
I agree with some of the earlier posters, taking things slow would have a different meaning to males who indicated such...

In my case....it would mean that I have recognized your expediency to get this relationship off the ground, crowding my environment, calling me 24-7, asking my whereabouts, timing my visits to places, and possibly following me...

If this is apparent, the relationship itself will be evaluated and a decision will be made to see if its worth continuance....

Most of us need time to breathe and collect our thoughts without pressure....
 Artistee
Msg: 179
view profile
History
Posted: 5/22/2007 4:14:21 AM
I would think possibly (Yeah, Right...Ha Ha) that the man has found someone worthwhile, and he doesn't want to mess things up by rushing into things that might overwhelm and kill the possible relationship...and maybe he really wants to work at getting it right...

...But what do I know?...I'll just get, "Bah...Bah...Bah...Your profile says, 'Blah...Blah...Blah'...and I don't believe you..."

...So I'll give the answer most WANT to hear, "It means he likes you, but is still on an endless booty call...and when he's finished playing, he might take you into serious consideration..."

...But what do I know?
 TroyMcLure
Msg: 180
Posted: 5/22/2007 5:21:47 AM
hmmm must think .... the slow word is for I really dont know about you... for me that can translate into...
1. I dont know your past
2. You seem really good at hiding something ....
3. I am figuring out my next move because i dont want to f uck it up
4.You are damn sexy/ potentially violent but i realize now it can never work
6.It just feels better this way and you dont seem like your in a rush ....
 varyfine
Msg: 181
Posted: 7/5/2011 3:49:39 PM
I wonder if the man who 'wants to take it slow' thinks the woman that he 'taking it slow with' should be not dating others while he makes up his mind whether to commit exclusively to the women he is saying he wants to 'take it slow with'?

Then as far as I see it ---- both are still 'on the market' as there is 'no committment'?

Linda
 valenciacityx
Msg: 182
Posted: 12/23/2011 5:55:14 AM
It means nothing is moving forward beyond casual dating until
You pass the back ground check
the credit check
the results from the clinic are back
surveillance,
social media monitoring is complete
and I grill your friends for the 'real' you

my paranoia was here before you, and it will keep me company long after you are gone.
 Itmightbemoi
Msg: 183
Posted: 12/23/2011 6:36:14 AM
For me it's simply enjoying the journey and not rushing to get to get to the destination... where sex is involved....is it not best to have an emotional connection so the sex..is no longer sex but making love?
 Jewnolikebeef
Msg: 184
Posted: 12/25/2011 1:06:44 PM
There's a total of two possible meanings of this.

1. I've been known to scare off girls before so I'm walking on eggshells trying to do it right this time and not screw it up...

2. I'm not entirely sure I can't find someone better at the moment, when I'm convinced, then I'll accept you wholeheartedly(for awhile)...
 Ruby Ru
Msg: 185
Posted: 12/25/2011 2:49:36 PM
Taking it slow has so many variations it's actually means nothing. Nothing in the sense that it's means one thing to a female and another thing to a male.

Here's what I came across when I get that vague "let's take things slow"

One young lady said she just got cheated on and didn't want to rush anything. She gave me another general answer to her vague general request. I learned it best to ASK "take what slow? And what does taking "it" slow mean to you?"

Long story short the same girl one month later was asking to hang out more and calls went up all day. I found out(because you know women never say what they really feel) That it meant she was "scared" of commitment.

in another incident-
This Girl was all I could ask for as far as personality, character and compatibility wise. After I asked "what exactly does taking it slow mean to you"( it's way too long to write) but she had a very serious health issue, Std for all you horn balls that rush into thing before you get to know your potential. In this case taking it slow saved me grief later on down the line.

Always dig for deeper meaning when you hear "let's take it slow" find out exactly what the "it" is. If your really into your potential it would be worth while.
 mrp1984
Msg: 186
Posted: 1/17/2012 9:59:03 AM
Is his zipper stuck up or down?
 Jerilyn
Msg: 187
Posted: 1/17/2012 10:24:10 AM
It depends
This is a statement that needs to be compared with his actions in order to determine the meaning.
If he says he wants to take things slow, and is acting luke-warm toward you in general, it means he's not particularly interested, but wants to keep you on a back burner until something better comes along.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 188
Posted: 1/17/2012 10:29:22 AM
People who are on the same page in the relationship, take
things naturally. They don't say "taking things slow". That's
just code for "yeah I might like you, but I'm not sure, so I'm
not willing to commit, we'll see how things go."

Who the heck says this or anything like this with someone
they really like and want to get to know...especially if they
are actively looking for a relationship?
Taking things slow, I'm not in a hurry, I'm not going to settle,
I'm not ready for a relationship, I'm not sure what I want...etc,
all code for "I'm looking, but I'm not sure it's you I want."

On the other hand, if you're not looking for a relationship,
taking things slow makes more sense.
 Jerilyn
Msg: 189
Posted: 1/17/2012 10:37:37 AM
""Who the heck says this or anything like this with someone
they really like and want to get to know...especially if they
are actively looking for a relationship?""

I agree.
 kailania
Msg: 190
Posted: 1/19/2012 3:36:23 PM
means they want you, like you, maybe even love you, but they do not want to commit or move the relationship any further....
except at the pace of a turtle..leading a long road to non commitment put stringing you along.
 TraveliciousGuy
Msg: 191
Posted: 1/19/2012 4:52:11 PM
Last year, in Orange County CA, a 100 year old man married a 90 year old woman after "dating" for 30 YEARS.

THAT is taking things slow.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > What does a man mean by "taking things slow"???