Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > FORUMS: Why can I not post to the forums - 1      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Cartier84
Msg: 49
Y can i not postPage 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I am only able to post answers to threads..(i've tried all the above)..But when I try to post a thread it just takes me back to the main page to the topic i was originally in . I would always back space and try clicking POST again about 3 times. No luck. Ive done this on seperate occasions for a course of a month already. And it doesnt allow me to post any threads anywhere. I dont get an error message or anything. I don't get what is going on? =(
 1 and 4
Msg: 50
Y can i not post
Posted: 9/18/2010 1:22:24 PM
I just started posting today after three posts they were deleted and now I cant post with out it saying your post is too short . how can I fix theis as I have waited over three days to post

Obvious fake photos and insulting people in forum postings WILL NOT get you far - suggest a read of the posted rules.
 Elizabeth023
Msg: 51
Y can i not post
Posted: 10/9/2010 5:24:16 PM
I haven't seen the word forums at the top of my profile, along by mail/profile/ help,... why did it disappear since last year?
 kari135
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Y can i not post
Posted: 11/18/2010 10:31:22 AM
I don't understand why, when I try to post to a thread I have 5 posts in, a thread that's 9 pages long (so far), I get a message saying I've reached the maximum number of times I can post in that thread - while another poster in the same thread has more than 2 dozen posts in another thread only 4 pages long. I could understand a message saying "Wait" or something like that, but I've never seen anywhere a limit of 5 posts to any thread.
 kari135
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Y can i not post
Posted: 11/18/2010 12:07:31 PM
So - basically, what you're saying is make your statement and don't expect to discuss anything anyone else has posted, right? And just maybe you can defend your statement, too, only I don't see why that should come up because theoretically no one else should be able to comment on anything other than what they've said, as well.

I'm on quite a few forums, and this is by far the oddest one. But as far as I know, it's also the only one that keeps threads archived forever, all the others dump anything beyond a given time period. Subjects and attitudes and topics of discussion do change, after all.
 softy63
Msg: 54
Y can i not post
Posted: 11/18/2010 12:53:55 PM
I get a message saying I've reached the maximum number of times I can post in that thread

@ Kari, I had the same happen to me for the first time ever regarding the "New Meet Me" thread.

I was one of the first to post on it....msg #6.... and followed it very closely for a long time. I admit I did tend to make similar posts towards the end after the discussion turned into more about our experiences with the feature , than learning about it. (If that makes sence??)

After about the 13th page, mine and many other posts were just repeating ourselves and not briniging up anything new.

I was also disappointed when I couldn't post any more and took it personally, but now I don't after what Cowboy just said.
 Lvmuzac
Msg: 55
Y can i not post
Posted: 4/29/2011 3:57:28 AM
Just seeing if this post works. Can't seem to post on the profile review area.

hmm, that worked.
 Lvmuzac
Msg: 56
Y can i not post
Posted: 5/2/2011 4:03:35 AM
So how do you know if your posting privileges have been suspended? It seems mine are.
 Lvmuzac
Msg: 57
Y can i not post
Posted: 5/2/2011 9:14:18 AM
Working now, thanks.
 RichardL89
Msg: 58
Y can i not post
Posted: 6/24/2011 9:29:58 PM
I cannot create a new topic at all. All I can do is post in other people topic. Can anyone tell me what went wrong?? I didn't get a warning of any kind. One day as I was trying to create a topic and clicked the post a new thread button it never did.
 RichardL89
Msg: 59
Y can i not post
Posted: 6/25/2011 11:25:37 AM
^^^Is there anyway I can get it removed because sometimes I have questions and can't make a topic for them.
 beabillionaire
Msg: 60
Y can i not post
Posted: 3/23/2012 11:15:25 PM
I cant make new threads either. I dont remember making irreverent threads or whatever.. even if I did this isnt the UN forums, shouldn't act so high and mighty. I don't know any forums where threads are deleted much less users are banned from creating new ones. No one ever answered me when I asked 100 times why I cannot create new threads. the support on POF compared to is atrocious. Sometimes its like this site doesnt really give a shit. I've had some serious questions that I could not get answered because I cannot create new threads.
 bopsky
Msg: 61
Y can i not post
Posted: 6/6/2012 7:57:25 AM
I cannot post to the forums. When I click the "post reply" button beneath a user, the resulting Message field has a moderator's hammer beneath it. I don't recall this being the case when I successfully posted before. Does this moderator hammer indicate why I am prevented from posting?
 JustDukky
Msg: 62
Y can i (still) not post?
Posted: 7/22/2012 10:14:17 AM
I'm restricted to 10 posts a day and have been for well over a year (maybe even 4 or five years…I can't recall). I don't believe I've ever been informed or warned of the specific infractions I've committed, but again, I can't recall that far back.

I have a passion for argument and a similar passion to see justice done, which makes me kind of a "Robin Hood" on the forums, as I love nothing more than picking on toxic bully sharks who pick on the smaller fish in here. I also enjoy kidding around a bit with some thought-provoking humour (hopefully on the thread topic). Consequently, I have a tendency to post more than I "should" according to the stated rules.

My question is: Is my ten-a-day posting limit reviewed regularly to see if it should be left in place, or is it simply a remnant of an infraction committed long ago that no moderator has bothered to review?
 JustDukky
Msg: 63
Y can i (still) not post?
Posted: 7/22/2012 10:45:38 AM
Thanks for filling me in 'boy. I appreciate it.
 Just_Bob_4_U
Msg: 64
Y can i not post
Posted: 8/31/2012 8:24:06 PM
I've tried ever since I have been here for my 3 days to post a new thread to one of the forum boards. I am not able to since the page only loads just so far. Is it on my end or could it be the forum board I'm trying to post to?

I'm not sure exactly what the problem is here.
You were able to start a new thread - I see it in the profile review forum.

licoricecat_1
Msg: 65
view profile
History
FORUMS: Why can I not post to the forums - 1
Posted: 3/16/2013 10:51:55 AM
I do not know why I cannot post. It states "Message is too short to post" continually. It has been like this for more than 3 months and I have written and got no response that makes sense. A lot of my messages are in response to other peoples posts. Do not know what I am doing wrong and no one is explaining it when I email a message. How do I communicate if I am doing something wrong? It seems like there are the same people who delete my threads and I am wondering if they are banning together to do this? I did mention my abusive ex-boyfriend without giving his name on a post. This was only to warn other women how violent he has been. I feel it is justifiable to warn women without giving his name. Am I wrong here??? This is a safety issue. Please respond back. If it is wrong to warn women of this and tell them to take precautions, then I will not do it. But I feel morally justified in doing this. Just let me know. I should not be banned for warning women of an abuser without using his name. He uses the Police and this makes him especially dangerous, because he is charming. I was only answering to other posters comments and questions that prompted me to include this information because it is a safety issue. Please advise back and how I can get back on the Forums. Thank you....
 licoricecat_1
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Y can i not post
Posted: 3/16/2013 10:57:43 AM
I do not know what are poll type threads. I never posted a poll or vote from what I could remember. Please point this out. I have Read the Rules several times and I understand most of the rules. Some I do not understand such as Trolling or Seeking Attention when I see a lot of people posting Threads that are pertaining to their issues and it is not voted Seeking Attention so why are mine voted Seeking Attention? I do not break the rules intentionally and did not even know that I was banned for doing anything. Just thought it was a computer glich because no one advised me. Still do not know exactly why I was banned. I wrote several times asking for help while I was still on and no one responded that I could see. How do I get back on Forums and what is it that I should not do??? Sought help before I was banned and no one responded. I have read the Rules numerous times and I still do not understand a few rules.
 jblack2000
Msg: 67
Y can i not post
Posted: 3/16/2013 4:23:49 PM
I would message more than one moderator, and be extra nice to find out why and what restrictions have been put on you.
 forum_moderator
Msg: 68
view profile
History
FORUMS: Why can I not post to the forums - 1
Posted: 3/16/2013 4:39:38 PM
Licoricecat_1,

The rules are very clear, naming and shaming someone in the forums = lifetime ban, no exceptions.

You've made it very clear that you feel it is your moral obligation to do this, whereas the rules here are equally as clear that this type of conduct is not permitted.
 forum_moderator
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Y can i not post
Posted: 3/16/2013 4:42:55 PM
serious1y

Ditto with the user above you.
Accusing a fellow pofer in the forums about being, as you put it a "crazy arsed stalker" is also not appropriate.

The forums are not a place for anyone to be making claims about other users.
If there are problems, call your local police department.
In the meantime when here follow the rules cause when you do stuff like this....
you get lifetime bans.

Blah_User_Name
Msg: 70
Y can i not post
Posted: 3/16/2013 4:58:25 PM

EDIT - Sorry, I paused mid-response to chat on the phone so didn't see the above replies until after finishing my post and posting it.

licoricecat_1 - What a garbled mess these posts are!

'Message is to short to post' is given to all of us if our message is too short. A Yes or No answer isn't sufficient for anyone to be deemed as contributing in any way.

Yes, some of your threads get deleted by the community. Based on those I can recall, it's likely because they come across as attention seeking or are redundant. Attention seeking is when you aren't asking for an opinion or a question but more so reciting an experience. Redundancy is when it's an often repeated question - it might be a slightly different guise but essentially the gist is the same as a thousand other threads previously made.

In terms of issuing warnings about others, it's pretty pointless without a name and you aren't allowed to name people here so why try and warn people - that might be considered a Pity Thread if construed as 'Oh this horrible situation happened to me and I'm letting you all know not to go near a brown haired man in Loserville`. There is no benefit in that statement for anyone, so it can come across you wanting people to feel sorry for you and the experience you had. It doesn't matter if you feel it's justifiable, the owner of this site does not agree with you and therefore he has rules. You agreed when signing up here to follow his rules if playing in his house.

You asked for clarification on Polls. This is the definition in the Posting Guidelines :-

Polls/Lists/Surveys where you're only asked to add to a list has no back and forth discussion potential between you and the participants.

All that said - you are also asking how to get back to the Forums. It used to be, when on a ban and trying to post, a screen is shown stating why you are banned, the Moderator who actioned the ban and how long the ban is for. Are you seeing this? Or perhaps these are no longer used. If you are seeing this, contact by private message, the Moderator shown on that screen.

You say that you have written several times to inquire why you were banned. Who did you write to? If you are contacting Customer Service, it's my understanding that they don't get involved in forum issues especially bans and restrictions. Try contacting the Moderators particularly the Moderator who applied the ban if you know who it was.

Sidenote - STOP changing the thread titles mid-thread!

serious1y - How long ago did you message a Moderator? They are volunteers and have their own lives, families, careers. If your message was sent in the last 24 hours, it might be that they haven't been on here since you sent it. They aren't here 24x7. Also, if they do have a couple of hours to spend here, I would imagine their priority is dealing with any Violations and checking their messages sometimes won't occur if there are lots of other issues for them to address in a short period of time.

Sorry but no, there isn't anyone else to ask. Only a Moderator would be able to look and tell you.

Just sit tight. They'll respond when they can (providing your message was polite).
 forum_moderator
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Y can i not post
Posted: 3/16/2013 7:58:25 PM
^^^^^
I already addressed it above.
 forum_moderator
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Y can i not post
Posted: 3/17/2013 11:31:34 AM
Users are not allowed to name & shame ANYONE.
It is not just limited to other users.
 forum_moderator
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Y can i not post
Posted: 3/17/2013 11:54:28 AM
see Msg: 103

in closing, such matters are not to be dealt with in the forums

you are expected to email a moderator

i'm done beating this dead horse.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > FORUMS: Why can I not post to the forums - 1