Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Alberta  > Calgary Vote-A-Date Pond      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 thinker15
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Calgary Vote-A-Date PondPage 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Ok I have signed up lets see what happens! I like to think I am brave when it comes to getting out and meeting people or so some have said! I have traveled aways to meet folks but not to the other side of the county So lets just see if anything happens here OK!
 tallguy82
Msg: 6
Calgary Vote-A-Date Pond
Posted: 6/17/2006 1:12:12 PM
i am totally in but i have to stay in the shakkow end cuz i cant swim
 tallguy82
Msg: 8
Calgary Vote-A-Date Pond
Posted: 6/19/2006 3:01:28 PM
lol alm,ost looks like a sousage party maybe people are having a hard time finding this one i know i had trouble finding it
 tallguy82
Msg: 12
Calgary Vote-A-Date Pond
Posted: 6/29/2006 8:34:31 AM
ill sign up again if there are more females this time around
 foxywon
Msg: 13
Calgary Vote-A-Date Pond
Posted: 6/30/2006 7:02:17 AM
My match and I did make contact but due to circumstances beyond our control we will not be able to work something out this time around. But it has been left open for sometime later on that may work.
 who_the_fox
Msg: 18
Calgary Vote-A-Date Pond
Posted: 7/10/2006 12:15:30 PM
I love this idea and am wanting to take it over to BC. I emailed Lurking asking for info on the way it is set up and how voting is done, but still no response.

My BC Pond is teeming with Fish looking to get voted a date and I have no info.

HELP PLEASE!!
 who_the_fox
Msg: 21
Calgary Vote-A-Date Pond
Posted: 7/11/2006 8:44:14 PM
Thanks Lurking, the BC Pond is about to kick off their own Vote a Date
 who_the_fox
Msg: 22
Calgary Vote-A-Date Pond
Posted: 7/13/2006 5:09:30 AM

Why reinvent the wheel?? this is a dating site probably the largest pond you'll get.

This whole vote a date thing.. Well, quite frankly, why match two people up who obviously haven't "had the spark" yet?

The obvious answer....is because this way you might make a few friends and have some fun!!

POF is not working as a dating site for a lot of people....might as well try something different for a "mixer".
 who_the_fox
Msg: 23
Calgary Vote-A-Date Pond
Posted: 7/13/2006 11:32:40 AM
I think it is a great idea as long as people don't expect to be getting a date with their perfect mate.

This is all about fun, mixing and meeting new people. Period.

As for being matched from profiles by strangers...well, gee, if you're doing so well picking your own matches then why are you still looking?

Online dating, or any dating for that matter, is all about trying over and over again...and the people who are successful at finding a mate aren't thinking negatively and hung up on the possibility of being rejected.
 Taurid1
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Calgary Vote-A-Date Pond
Posted: 7/15/2006 5:34:08 PM
I'm sitting this round out. I've had poor luck in the first two rounds, one from the other person not being willing to follow up, and one from both of us being too busy to follow up. Well, I'm still very busy, so I'll be sitting out the next few pond set-ups until my job settles down a bit.

I thank the organizers for the previous rounds.

(three rounds? I've REALLY been out of it.)
 dtekog
Msg: 26
Calgary Vote-A-Date Pond
Posted: 7/17/2006 9:46:42 AM
Well, it is a bit dissapointing if this does not work, I mean if people do not fulfill their date thing. Why signed up if you are going to decide that the person they match you with does not meet your criteria. That is the whole point, being matched with someone who you may not consider yourself. I thought it was a fun idea and one that gives you the opportunity to expand your experiences, and meet someone outside your box or comfortable zone. There could be some great guy / girl out there that you would otherwise pass on....

Call me naive, but I thougth it was a great idea and I believe in fate.
 foxtrox
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Calgary Vote-A-Date Pond
Posted: 12/24/2006 2:17:13 PM
Its seems interesting and a fun way of dating. When is the next CalgaryVote a date pond ??? am in....
Show ALL Forums  > Alberta  > Calgary Vote-A-Date Pond