Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Met a nice guy who has bad teeth...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gmain
Msg: 26
Are all you women this shallow?Page 2 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
Laugh and enjoy your good fortune. I was born with what is called chalk teeth. not enough enamel. They never had a chance. Let alone the light green patina all the way through them.
Even being a GM Executive, my dads plan wasnt any help. 12 yrs with major medical wouldnt fix them either, all I can do is wait until they get so bad I cant eat, and try to buy dentures.
My wisdom teeth have the lower jaw neves run right through them, and its going to take surgery to the tune of 3500, just to pull them alone. No insurance will cover this, then or now. My dad had dentures at 18. And no, i havent smiled in 30 yrs.
So now since crackheads are losing their teeth i suppose all of you think I am one? Think all you like. Perhaps I can arrange some dental work for you too... Regardless of your holier then thou attitudes, millions of americans have inferior dental plans, if any, and around my age will be faced with dentures, regardless of wether they can afford them or not. The last estimate i had for complete dentures, oral surgery, {hospital, not the dentist} and all was near 10,000 dollars. I am sorry, I dont have 10k to throw away, just to make you happy to see me.
If thats what it take, well get this. I dont want to see you.
 angeldeathgirl66
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Met a nice guy who has bad teeth...
Posted: 6/24/2006 6:58:14 AM
i wonder why your friend said this for one..and 2..my gosh the thought of kissing him..if his teeth are that bad..his breath must smell like sewer water..i'd say..go with your gut feeling on this one......
 Trishnaa
Msg: 28
Posted: 6/24/2006 7:24:45 PM
^^^^Jeez....that is just stupid.The OP is talking about messed up teeth. She is not talking about going to the dentist for monthly or weekly cleaning like you are assuming. Therefore, I obviously meant I have never had to go to a dentist for any unfortunate reason such as dentures/braces or anything like that.Wasn't that obvious, Mr. Smartypants??You know, thankfully I was blessed with perfect teeth if not anything.Lol...if I never had my teeth cleaned, why would it look white?!You are just making no sense.

Or are you just trying to get a rise out of me??????Now it makes sense why people attack my post instead of 100s other.Very weird.

~*Flavia*~
 Trishnaa
Msg: 29
Posted: 6/25/2006 1:36:26 PM
^^^Okay...opps....sorry...thought you were a Mr., because unless you are a lesbian in denial, I don't see why you would attack my post.Anyway, missy...I was not acting holier than thou, I was being sarcastic.Sure, it's my fault,I did not write down the obvious.But it's not my fault if you can't pick up clues.Sheesh.... Why are you getting so defensive anyway, do you have ugly teeth?!Lol.

"If i never had my teeth cleaned, why would it [sic] look white?"

As far as that comment goes, it was not retarded.It was sarcasm, something you don't seem to understand.I said that because the OP is talking about brown teeth, if I'm not wrong.So that's why I wrote that comment down about white teeth.Got it? Good! If you still don't get it, then please feel free to keep wondering.

Now lay off me or you can keep on arguing back and forth with yourself.I for one have no intention of hi-jacking this thread.

~*Flavia*~
 SEENREAD
Msg: 30
Posted: 6/25/2006 2:10:47 PM
STay away thats pukeville
 kimmie38
Msg: 31
Posted: 6/25/2006 2:21:56 PM
I went out with a guy with only 2 teeth.It didn't bother me.He might have a problem that he cannot help.I went out with a couple people in my life that had bad teeth.As long as they don't have bad breath,what's the big deal?I need dental work myself,does that mean I'm not a good person.I have inherited enamel problems.They appear to some people as braces or decaying teeth,but they aren't.I avoid smiling as much as possible.Don't let ur friends tell u how to live ur life,go with ur heart.U must really like this guy or u wouln't ask for adviceSo,unless he has drug problems or serious hygiene issues,I'd give hima a shot.Because if u don't,that will make u a shallow person n u might be missing out on a good thing.Good luck to u!!!
 kimmie38
Msg: 32
Posted: 6/25/2006 2:35:11 PM
I've also been told that i have a pretty face but i would be so much prettier f i got my teeth fixed n lost weight.But u know what,I'm still the same person inside.Am i destined to be alone because I'm not perfect or have the money it takes to be perfect?Thre are too many shallow people out there,it is such a shame n a waste.I want someone to love me for who i am,not just for my looks.I feel sorry for that guy if he keps getting rejected because of his dental problems.Aferall he is a human being with feelings too.
 Witchypoo
Msg: 33
Posted: 6/25/2006 4:23:32 PM
Sounds to me from the description of rot at the root of the teeth, that the man has a serious drug problem. Rotting at the root has always been a huge sign of that. If I were you I would listen to your friend. Although he may be a nice guy, dealing with drug addictions is NEVER a good thing.

And don't think that all he needs is a good woman to change his ways, LOL. You cannot change him, only he can change himself. The best advice is to keep him at a major distance. Your friend has wisdom about him you have not gained yet, LISTEN!!!

:))
Witchy
 Wabbitswayer
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 6/25/2006 5:13:49 PM
Boy am I screwed, my teeth ain't the best and I'm cross eyed to boot. Gotta big ole scare on my head, kinda short I guess, house isn't very fancy, my truck was saved from the crusher but if someone ever did find me interesting it would be because they liked me as a person not as a life size Ken doll.
 justmeinnc05
Msg: 35
Posted: 6/26/2006 2:24:54 AM
JerryInTampa posted:
Go to the dentist and get them fixed?

Why didn't I think about that?!? Since dentist are so inexpensive and everyone has great dental insurance, I just don't understand why we just don't all run off to the dentist and do whatever it takes to have perfect teeth.

The real problem is that those in the dental profession are just way too greedy. The materials they use are not as expensive as they would like you to think. Yes, I realize they have gone to school for a number of years, but they do not have to make each patiant pay for that.

I don't know how to break it to you, but going to the dentist and having major work costs a lot more than going to a gym to work out.

If I read one more post that states people with bad teeth are not taking care of their teeth, I will scream so loudly and at such a high pitch it will cause all of the teeth of those making those posts, to all break off at once!!!

My teeth never rotted at the gums or anywhere else, but I inherited very week teeth. They just broke under normal use. I still have some natural teeth, but also wear a partial denture, but the remaining teeth are still weak, and if anything the partial denture I wear to look "normal" puts a lot of pressure on the remaining teeth, and it is just a matter of time before the ones on the bottom also break. So unless a miracle happens, I will lose them too, and be force to wear a full denture, and those led to other problems, such as bone loss that leds to facial distortion. When a tooth is pulled, the bone starts to go away.

So to MrJerryinTampa and the rest that have so much to say about bad teeth, you really need to grow up.

SelfSufficient
Msg: 36
Posted: 6/26/2006 2:30:44 AM
Man I feel for both of you. On one hand really bad teeth or oral hygene can be a real turn off for me. There isn't much of an excuse for oral hygene as a tooth brush is not out of anyones reach.

On the other hand I know how prohibitivly expensive dental work can be. Some people flat out can't afford it. This hits home too because I lost a crown on my front tooth about 6 months ago and have decided that I am going to Mexico in the fall to get a crown as I can't afford on here in FL.

You are a sweet lady for at least giving this guy a chance.
 justmeinnc05
Msg: 37
Posted: 6/26/2006 2:39:24 AM
tittiger, what you fail to realize is some of us have dental problems beyond our control. I brush my teeth and use a very strong mouth wash several times a day. I also take mouth wash to work and even if I just drink something, I use it.

I was lucky enough to be born with weak teeth. To get my mouth looking right, it would cost at least $20,000. That would be to get bone grafts and dental implants. At this point in time $20,000 or 20 million is about the same.

I can understand the point about the teeth if the person does not take care of thier teeth, and they are walking around with breath so bad it would welt flowers, as anyone can come up with enough money for tooth paste and a brush, but beyond that, it is just childish to worry about the look of the teeth.

I think I will just go brush my teeth and go to work. First some medicine for my headache!!!

SelfSufficient
Msg: 38
Posted: 6/26/2006 6:51:47 PM

tittiger, what you fail to realize is some of us have dental problems beyond our control. I brush my teeth and use a very strong mouth wash several times a day. I also take mouth wash to work and even if I just drink something, I use it.

I was lucky enough to be born with weak teeth. To get my mouth looking right, it would cost at least $20,000. That would be to get bone grafts and dental implants. At this point in time $20,000 or 20 million is about the same.

I can understand the point about the teeth if the person does not take care of thier teeth, and they are walking around with breath so bad it would welt flowers, as anyone can come up with enough money for tooth paste and a brush, but beyond that, it is just childish to worry about the look of the teeth.

I think I will just go brush my teeth and go to work. First some medicine for my headache!!!

justmeinnc05 not at all. My dental problems are genetic and other wise beyond my control. I think the bigger issue is that the price of dental work is kept artificially high. I know a few people like me that have to go to foreign countries that have more freedoms than the US and don't have draconian licensing laws that keep prices high in order to get dental work done.

Even if you include airfare its still much cheaper to go foreign.
And no I don't have any money either. I am going to ride my motorcycle
to Mexico as part of another trip.

You can find excellent American trained dentist in Mexico, Costa Rica, Pannnama, Venisuala

My anger is directed at my government that has created the high priced dental cartel/monopoly
 smilesnwinks
Msg: 39
Posted: 6/27/2006 9:07:49 AM
Okay I've read through most of these posts. Look when I was a kid I had to have braces- Then I had to have a bridge put in- well about 3 years ago that bridge fell out and I could not afford to have it replaced. Yes, I have a gap in my mouth- granted most people say they don't notice it, but for me it makes me self concious- however i've learned that someone isn't going to judge me completely on that and if they do then i don't want them anyway. I plan on getting it fixed but I dont' do drugs nor have i ever. Just remember that some people can't help not having money to fix cosmetics but as many have said be leary of drug abusers. I would confront him and question him about his teeth. just tell him you think he's a nice guy but because of the poor state of his teeth you were slightly concerned he may have a drug habit and you're not in to that. You may find he's already in the process of trying to get them fix.
 Microchip
Msg: 40
Posted: 6/29/2006 3:46:40 AM
The posts are kinda dumb, but what REALLY bothers me here is the fact that some ADULTS are just totally illiterate! What were these people doing when they were in school? Medical problems may be genetic and beyond one's control, but to me, illiteracy is a much bigger turnoff. I can't help but judge someone by their writing. It almost looks like some people just don't care...
 sparticuss
Msg: 41
Posted: 7/6/2006 2:51:02 AM
Robyn.

This is my brother your'e talking about so think beforre you speak.
(I don't give a damn that he's had dentures since he was 15. His rotten teeth were an allergic reaction to medication)

How much does this guy mean to you? Are you really so shallow that you would dump a quality guy, who had everythign else going for him, over something as petty as rotten teeth.

Or does he mean more to you than that.

IF you are not shallow. IF he does mean more to yo than that, then dig up a good dentist to fix his teeth and you pay the cost as a birthday and crissie present combined.
 Dehm
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2006 8:22:38 PM
A bottle of "white out" is 2 bucks...
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 43
Posted: 7/8/2006 8:36:03 PM
Tell him to see a dentist and tell him to have some gum. But oitherwise just try to get to know him maybe. You never know.
 sparticuss
Msg: 44
Posted: 7/9/2006 7:45:13 AM
I'll just gender reverse this one
GENTLMEN

Your new gf , who went in and out in all the right directions, in a bikini. And also went in and out in all the right directions in the sack.

And has just had emergency treatment for breast cancer. And you (well me anyway) couldn't give a damn that she's now one short. You want to continue humping as before.

But the lost breast is leaving her confused, upset, and fridgid. And she can't get it reconstructed under any form of national health cause its consmetic.

And you can aford to finance the re construction.

GENTELMEN who would and who wouldn't re finance.

Same with those teeth. Lady, if you REALLY wanted to kiss him the first thing you would do is discuss the cost of caps with your dentist.
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 45
Posted: 7/9/2006 8:26:27 AM
OK I need to add some more if you you folks don't mind.

I have read some more posts in this thread and I must say that one of the gentlemen above made a good point. You need to try to overlook something like this. Try to help him if you care about him, try to establish some way to make this better, get him a good dentist and just be there for him and don't see him for only his teeth alright.!! There is a great person beneath and you should try make an effort to see eneath the ourward and look to his inner charm and personality.
 Huggablehottie
Msg: 46
Posted: 11/17/2006 10:32:32 AM
OP that is funny!
True it might seem a bit superficial, but at the same time, it shows that
this guy doesn't give a damn about his health or personal hygiene!!
That is nasty! Oh man, his breath must staank badly! lol
 Just a Lamb
Msg: 47
Posted: 11/25/2006 1:05:50 PM
This as the consenses seems to be, needs more research. A friend being the key word, would be concerned for you. Talk to your friend and you can talk with the guy in public places for now- getting to know him. Maybe that in itself will be enough. If by chance you lost your vision, what would think of him then or he you for that matter. old saying- don't judge a book by its cover- read the fine print instead.... All the best.
 SnowwolfII
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 11/25/2006 1:11:41 PM

Think of it this way; HE has to know his teeth are bad, yet chooses to do nothing about it.
YOU know his teeth are bad and that he has chosen not to do anything about it. Imagine kissing him! Don't settle for sub-standard grooming habits.

NOT necessarily. Some people simply can't afford to get their teeth fixed. Mine were all messed up due to an abusive relationship (yeah, that's another thread LOL), was NOT my choice to have my teeth shattered beyond repair, nor was it my choice to be hospitalised so much and so long after I had my teeth removed that the dentist refused to fix the dentures he made me which were all wrong. Insurance won't do a thing either. Come March I believe it is I can get a new set but I certainly don't have the $500+ to get them on my own!

Don't be so quick to judge people. Yes it could be drugs, could be a ton of things and yeah, kissing a guy with horrid breath isn't my cup of tea either. Big Red or Dentyne help some

Snowwolf
 satx78218
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2008 10:42:58 PM
"he developed periodontal disease, and within months he was dead of a heart attack"

There is a long and well-known association between gum disease and heart disease. That doesn't mean that gum disease causes heart disease or vice versa.

My guess is that he had low-grade chronic inflammation for years that caused both the gum and cardio-vascular disease, probably compounded by the inflammatory Standard American Diet. There are several bio-markers for inflammation, eg C-RP/c-reactive protein, that are looked for when testing for heart disease. As his heart and genera health collapsed some months before the fatal attack, the gum disease/inflammation/infection became apparent, I guess.
 Adam 4 Coffee
Msg: 50
Posted: 2/22/2008 10:48:02 PM
that is really disgusting! He needs to go to a dentist yeah I met a girl on POF who had black shit covering ehr teeth I was pretty grossed out. Never went out with her agiana nd blocked her from contacting me. Oral hygeine is important. Don;t epople go to the dentist before their teethg et bad like that? I would have ntohing to do with somo0en who had rotten teeth and bad breath. its really disgusting.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Met a nice guy who has bad teeth...