Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Met a nice guy who has bad teeth...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 barbee1970
Msg: 62
Met a nice guy who has bad teeth...Page 4 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
I say brown rotting teeth suggests he doesn't brush, which is gross. Another thing does he chew tobacco? That is a gross habit as they spit everywhere and there breath stinks. They constantly have chew in their mouth gross!! I'd run.
 cannpeters
Msg: 63
Met a nice guy who has bad teeth...
Posted: 3/21/2009 12:32:05 PM
Personally, I can't go out with someone with rotting teeth. I couldn't kiss the person. I don't expect perfection, but oral hygiene is important. He may have a medical problem, but surely he realizes that his teeth are rotting and is trying to do something about it.

Having bad teeth is a dealbreaker for me.
 redkatt
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2009 3:21:52 PM
Listen to your friend!

Run far away!!!

Someone with a yuck mouth - GROSS!!!!!!
 professora
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2009 6:51:26 PM
missing teeth and chipped teeth are difficult to look at...even when the heart is good. I would be happy to pay for proper dentistry but I dont want to offend.

Perfection is NOT what I seek.

Here is what bothers me: this man would NEVER have taken me out if my teeth were in the condition his are in. He wanted attractive and wanted more perfection than I want. He made THAT very CLEAR.....simply put he was not looking only for a good heart...which i have.

Some of the mail sent to me about this has been very helpful. THANKS.
My POF mail is open and not blocked so anyone with more suggestions, write me.
 whymeworry
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2009 9:32:52 AM
Looks like it wouldn't be long before no cobb of corn will have a fear of his mouth
 spitfire6844
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 7/20/2009 8:52:24 AM
I know this thread is from way back...but here is the advice: break it off gently (the relationship, not a tooth ) and move on. There isn't any reason for an employed person with dental insurance, in this day and age, to have bad teeth. Even the worst oral conditions can be fixed quickly and inexpensively-----chipped teeth, plaque, cavities, buck teeth, missing teeth, gum disease, etc., can all be fixed or greatly improved through professional, oral care.

Noticeably bad teeth are a sign of a larger pattern of self-neglect---it's only downhill from there.

There's a girl I know who had a beautiful set of teeth and a wonderful smile. Then, she had an accident and got her upper-left incisor knocked out, so there is a gap there now. Instead of getting it FIXED, the poor girl walks around afraid to smile or open her mouth wide for fear of people noticing the gap. She now "smiles" with these ridiculous closed-mouth grimaces.

Makes no sense, when these things are easily fixed!
 GREATEST LOVER
Msg: 68
Posted: 7/20/2009 2:25:38 PM
i dated a chic with smokers teeth (kinda brownish) but she gives such good head and have such good ****, i can put up with the smokers teeth. its fine with me. O.P. go on out with the snagga tooth guy, he might be terrific in bed. just tell him not to smile, because you already feel his happiness.
 spitfire6844
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 7/22/2009 6:22:07 AM
Dental and periodontal maintenance is not merely a cosmetic issue (although it is that as well). Teeth that are not well-maintained create a host of other problems (such as improper nutrition). Gums which are not maintained harbor bacteria which, if left unchecked, can spread to the pericardium and other cardiac tissues. Also, as someone stated earlier, certain strains of bacteria can also easily be spread to kissing partners.

So, this isn't a "Just be happy with yourself---beauty is only skin-deep" kind of issue. People need to take care of their teeth and oral health as part of overall health maintenance. It's also unwise to date anyone who has atrociously bad teeth, because they are bound to have other health issues as well.
 spitfire6844
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 7/23/2009 7:20:01 AM

if you have dentures you should just be happy alone or off yourself.

Actually, a person with very bad teeth might want to consider getting them all pulled and getting dentures. That's cheaper in the long run and can avert some of the health issues found with rotting or poorly aligned natural teeth. I dated a girl once who had a partial plate. She had good oral hygiene and took care of her partial.

Bad teeth aren't going to cut it under any scenario. It's a major problem and there's no getting around that.
 want to travel
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2009 12:52:04 PM
bring him to a dentist, stop being so shallow
 beachbabe054
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2009 1:49:52 PM
[Bad teeth is a sign of poor hygene. Missing a tooth in the front I could handle, as long as he was getting it looked after and getting a fake one or whatnot. That could be something sports related.]

What is someone was missing a bunch of teeth. Just recently met a guy, nice guy, who has one tooth up top & a few here & there on the bottom. I have to admit that is a real turnoff.
 ICMUD
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2009 4:09:42 PM
i wonder if he knew you posted this up on here about him, if he would still want to date you if he did get his teeth fixed?
theres ways around everything, but meeting or dating a women who has no acceptance is something that cant be fixed, so is that worse or better than bad teeth? is that something he should just live with or something you should fix with in your self? no one is PERFECT and if you think you are then theres your first imperfection!!
 Discerning Virtuosa
Msg: 75
Posted: 12/28/2009 5:05:47 PM
I agree spicynicegirl. Bad teeth are usually a sign of poor hygiene and I don't know of anyone who finds crappy hygiene or bad breath attractive, or someone that says "I really think rotten teeth are hot". To the previous poster - Vagabond, there are plenty of chubby chasers around. I may be a fat chick, but my teeth are perfect! I'd rather have that than be skinny with a mouth full of rotten teeth. Apples and oranges.
 ICMUD
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2009 7:17:49 PM

^^^^^Wow angry much?? I'm sure even you have your preferences so why are you getting so upset? LOL.

yeah my bad, to readers like your self im angry 24/7
as i said, we ALL have imperfections that others will see as ugly.. like your self, you come across
as a man hater from what i can see since your following me around the forum with your harsh and inappropriate replys and as a guy im telling you to your face "THATS PRETTY UGLY" SEE SO YOUR NOT SO PERFECT AFTER ALL ARE YOU!!
 aSydneyMale
Msg: 77
Posted: 12/29/2009 1:13:25 AM

ike your self, you come across
as a man hater from what i can see since your following me around the forum with your harsh and inappropriate replys and as a guy im telling you to your face "THATS PRETTY UGLY" SEE SO YOUR NOT SO PERFECT AFTER ALL ARE YOU!!

I know, she's a man-hater of the worst order. Every SA girl I ever knew I had trouble with; sarcasm, hyperbole, you name it!
 ICMUD
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2009 4:12:36 AM

know, she's a man-hater of the worst order. Every SA girl I ever knew I had trouble with; sarcasm, hyperbole, you name it!

its the pits dude, every where i go BANG shes there!! i now feel like im being STALKED by the man hater no more for you stalker
 Irish Eyez
Msg: 79
Posted: 4/1/2011 4:52:57 PM
I have good teeth.

I wouldn't date a man who's deliberately neglected his mouth cleanliness.
 Vannili
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2011 1:06:27 PM

I wouldn't date a man who's deliberately neglected his mouth cleanliness.

I agree, I wouldn't date a person with broken black tooth,and smelly mouth ..And I won't even let him kiss my feet..

Met a nice guy who has a bad teeth...

I feel sorry for that guy that he is below poverty level, but there is no excuse why he is on that level...
 romancemann
Msg: 81
Posted: 4/2/2011 5:54:38 PM
i wonder how many Afghanistan people have nice teeth?

or Iranian? hmmmm

doesn't seem to stop them from pro-creating.
 Vannili
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2011 10:46:11 PM
iwonder how many afghanistan people have nice teeth ? or Iranian? hmmm
doesn't seem to stop them from pro-creating.

Few women I met who works in Iran,as nurses and domestic helpers,shared their experienced that lower class guys have not heard of toothbrushes and Dental care ..And they don't do kissing but the smell a woman's hair. And I would like to add that some women in that country doesn't know what is Summer's Eve or soap and water to wash their love tunnels according to a nurse. this nurse was teaching this woman how to wash her tunnel ,she won't do it because her husband will get angry................... And they don't take a shower or bath everyday....
 OneHotMamaInAZ
Msg: 83
Posted: 4/23/2011 4:30:07 PM
Yes, I would date a guy with bad teeth. There are many reasons for that, especially in this economy. Money is the big one. Dental insurance is very expensive. Most employers don't offer it. Even if they do, it is, usually, unaffordable for the employee to purchase. Most dental plans
have a high deductible , usually $500.00 - $1,000. I've seen them as high as $2,000.
A dental visit is expensive. Basic visit (no xrays) runs $150.00, add xrays, you are looking at $225.00. A filling adds another $125.00 to the bill. A simple extraction about $150.00. Surgical extraction $300.00 - $500.00 a tooth. Root canals, bridges, and dentures are all a lot more than that.

Bad teeth would not be a deal breaker, but then I am not shallow...
 Vannili
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2011 1:56:56 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I agree .
 Vannili
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2011 7:41:29 AM

Bad teeth would not be a deal breaker, but then I am not shallow...

I am very shallow, for I would not talk to a man with a bad teeth while I am eating for the fear of losing my appetite on the smell of his breath..

I am very shallow that I won't have a BF who have a bad teeth for the fear that if he kiss my "twin "who live down south, she will be infected and she only have one Tooth...
 lisalisa66
Msg: 86
Posted: 9/17/2011 7:22:23 PM
If I would have refused to date a guy with bad teeth, I would have missed out on the best 2 years of my life. We were supposed to get married but he passed away earlier this year. GO FOR IT!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Met a nice guy who has bad teeth...