Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Duane130
Msg: 31
any one dated a look alikePage 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
you mean Ronald Russo don't you? since he's a man...lol
 blondago56
Msg: 36
view profile
History
any one dated a look alike
Posted: 9/18/2006 7:21:52 PM
no celeb look-alike , but there is a guy on this site that looks just like my deceased former husband,...wierd, creepy, & fascinating!
 kal03
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 12/1/2011 9:21:03 PM
I know this is an old post, but is he still on POF?
 Pastel_Flower
Msg: 42
Posted: 12/2/2011 10:28:06 PM
I never saw a guy again because he insisted I looked like Paris Hilton. Sick.
 quarked
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 12/4/2011 8:48:13 PM

I never saw a guy again because he insisted I looked like Paris Hilton. Sick.

I can kind of see it in your second photo, but only because I think I've seen a Paris picture that looked about the same. Not sayin' you look like a skank, though.
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 52
Posted: 12/6/2011 7:06:28 PM
I once dated a girl that looked and talked like Shrek.

Nice girl

My ex looked and acted like Madonna in that video where she's line dancing. Every time that video came on I got scarred all over again. (Maybe it was randy; who knows)

Texan_Gal
Msg: 54
Posted: 12/29/2012 5:55:07 PM
My ex looked a lot like Carlos Mencia. Since they were born in the same place and my ex didn't know his biological father, I half-wondered if they actually were related.
 NDTfan
Msg: 57
Posted: 12/29/2012 7:58:16 PM
I dated one guy who looks like Wil Wheaton (who I have a mad crush on) and another who looks like a dead ringer for Cillian Murphy.
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2012 8:52:16 PM
When I was much younger, I dated a guy that looked so much like Jim Neighbors (Gomer Pyle) that people would actually ask him for his autograph. He would just sign his real name.

Later, I married a man who could make himself look a LOT like Junior Samples (of the old Hee-Haw show) when he dressed and talked like him. He was really pretty handsome, but he just kept on with that same bad joke. I finally couldn't take any more.

Why can't I find a HANDSOME celebrity look-alike?
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2012 3:56:24 AM
A young Dustin Hoffman, Gregg Allman, Bruce Willis, Harvey Keitel, Richard Belzer, Henry Garza
Obviously don't have one look that does it for me.
 windchymes
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2012 5:36:28 AM
I didn't date him, obviously, but my son is getting to be a dead ringer for Prince William, especially as they both are aging. Except that my son is a whole head shorter, PW being 6'4, I hear. My son's only 5'9.
 OutofControlMan
Msg: 64
Posted: 12/30/2012 7:01:24 AM

Yep....Julie from Mod Squad. Hotness!

ohhh, "SOLID!!" Nightwing66!! yay, you!!

yeah, yeah, so many people tend to SO EXAGGERATE these "claims"

they say that someone '"looks JUST like.." or 'is the spitting image of..."

um yeah, I guess in that both people mentioned, have 2 eyes & a mouth but that's about it.. in so many cases!!

I think love/lust blinds people and makes them see what they WANT to see. I had a friend that was so in love/lust with a girl and would say : "doesn't she look JUST LIKE Megan Fox ?? "

my answer: " Ummmm...yeah, I GUESS so..sort of.." -- >

I couldn't really answer honestly which would have been : "um ,MAYBE if Megan was run over by a truck and I was wearing 2 paper bags over my head to look at her ? "

anyway who really cares? the 'look-alikes' would seem to not have the same talent or connections or success, as the famous people in most cases

but, I once did date a girl who was the SPITTING IMAGE of Gertrude Borthstein!! :) /

yay me! does that make ME 'famous" too? or one ( or 2) step (s) removed so it makes me a "more important" person??? one (or 2, or 3) degrees of separation??
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2012 10:27:55 AM
^^lol MO

i'll armwrestle peppermint for a HARVEY KEITEL and don't even thinking about getting between me and my DANIEL CRAIG doppelganger!!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Will trade off and share Harvey for just one other go at Daniel.

How soon I can forget my wounded throbbing heaving little mounds?
So.......now, has he called you his honey hoo hoo hollaaaaaaa yet?
 OutMind
Msg: 67
Posted: 12/30/2012 12:37:30 PM
Chirsty Thorington, Bo Derik, Michelle Phyffer, the chic in the Pretenders, Jackeline Smith.

yeah, yeah, so many people tend to SO EXAGGERATE these "claims"

This is funny.

Perseption: Madona
Reality: Cindy Lauper

Perception: The hulk
Reality: Sleck

OutofControlMan
Msg: 69
Posted: 12/30/2012 2:24:49 PM
I've dated quite a few "Ugly Betty" (America Ferrera, in the role makeup), and "Mimi Bobeck" of "the Drew Carey Show" (Kathy Kinney in the role makeup & dress), and Aileen Wuornos (basis for the movie "Monster") clones

yaya me !

my brush with a person who sort of resembles someone sort of famous, making me only TWO stages removed from the touchstone of *gasp!* *CELEBRITY* ? ! ?:)

anyone want my autograph!! yippee, I'm 'almost famous' ;)

wonder why the majority here claim only to have dated clones of " gorgeous, babe-a-licious" people? :)
 Tarnished_Knight
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2012 10:08:59 PM
This was 30+ years ago.
There was this young lady that I was sweet on, back down in Dixie.
About that time "Electric Horseman" was in the theatres with Jane Fonda and Robert Redford.
That parting scene, at the bus, Ms. Fonda looked just like the lady that had my heart, right down to the hair.

Ya' know, it's been years, but I can never see that movie without seeing HER.

TK
 Texan_Gal
Msg: 73
Posted: 12/30/2012 10:58:00 PM

wonder why the majority here claim only to have dated clones of " gorgeous, babe-a-licious" people? :)

I don't know, but I'm getting a little jealous. I got left with Carlos Mencia, hmph.
 OutofControlMan
Msg: 76
Posted: 12/31/2012 7:50:34 PM
delusionary thinking thrives on..

I'm guessing many of these same people, (posters here ), when they look in the mirror, see a "spitting image" of, or "dead ringer for" or "clone of" .. Angelina Jolie, Megan Fox, the young Raquel Welch or younger versions of Brigitte Bardot or Marilyn Monroe, OR of Colin Farrell, Brad Pitt, young Elvis Presley, etc. ,etc.

if so it's because they pasted a photo of one of these people over their mirror? ;)

LMAO..
 LathaMath
Msg: 81
Posted: 1/20/2013 4:34:34 PM
I must say I cringe though when the waitress says in a tone that even the deaf can hear "JUST one?" as if she can't see there is no one for miles behind me.
You reply "I'm being joined later by a ------- lookalike (Fill in the blank) Be nice and I'll get you his autograph".

One afternoon in my 30's at at the skating rink I was mistaken by a couple of girls for Robert Redford.
Just the once. Makes me wonder if they knew what he looked like. Or if anybody knows who anybody looks like. And why I would rember that afternoon. I'm neither bandit nor grifter but could be if that's what you're looking for. Born actor when it comes to women :)
 deere_rancher
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2013 4:26:18 PM
I dated and married a Kathleen Turner look-alike,(when she played in war of the roses )

Hope to one day add Diane lane to the list
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >