Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 grizzelda
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Golddiggers and paranoiaPage 6 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Maybe off topic, but some time in the very near past I was straight up asked how much I was making and whether I got stock options when I switched companies. The question was asked in a bar... by a nurse... not that far into our conversation. The way it was posted, I'd think I was talking to my financial advisor or something. Funny how some people feel the need to worry about stuff that should only concern one person... and that person would be ME.

Perhaps she was trying to make a point and was being sarcastic. How old was this woman? Trust me when I say, that women know that men like to "buy" company, its not a big secret and we are aware that many men think that most women are easily bought. The funny thing about this is that many men think that it is OK to use their money to get a "trophy" but when they get called on it, all of a sudden its the women that are the ones with a character defect......
 Anokagrassland
Msg: 110
Golddiggers and paranoia
Posted: 5/6/2008 1:04:20 PM
I haven't met anyone, other then my ex, that I would classify as a "golddigger". However I have observed that women over 30 are much more concerned with income then women under 30. Level of wealth doesn't seem to concern them. Only income. I've had 3 different women in their 30's tell me I didn't make enough for them. I've never had a woman in her 20's suggest anything like that.

I'm not sure how they know how much I make! I think this is one of the tremendous disconnects between those of us who own our own businesses and the folks who work for others. Very few business owners I know take large incomes out of their businesses. We typically structure things so that our personal draw out of the business is only enough to cover basic living expenses. The rest we reinvest into the business. We avoid losing everything to taxes this way. In my case I farm and ranch. I live on the farm. I have one electric bill that covers both the farm and my house, same for property taxes, property insurance, and water. These bills are all business expenses. I can't deduct the house phone but I can deduct my internet connection and my cell phone.

Owning a farm tends to weed out the worst gold diggers. It sounds like too much work to them!
 newmexicoleo
Msg: 114
Golddiggers and paranoia
Posted: 6/15/2009 9:13:21 AM
If a significant bank account is required to secure dates that is just saying that you are insecure about dating someone who doesn't have a lot of money. The economy is tough right now and a lot of people have lost their jobs and/or seen their incomes cut in half in one day. Does that make you less desirable to men if you are a woman and vice versa? I think a lot of people who date for money are just looking for a way to ease the pain of trying to make it through tough times; however, me personally I would never date a man who could not hold a steady job and would rather sit around the house and be lazy. It is desirable to people to be financially secure, but it should not matter if the man or woman has money or not as long as that person holds a steady job. To me, that shows stability and that is more important than having a lot of money in the bank.
 DallasFan1960
Msg: 115
Golddiggers and paranoia
Posted: 6/15/2009 6:07:54 PM
JMO, The onlypercentage of woman who are true gold diggers are the one's whose daddy's spoiled them as little girls. They grew up with the preverbial Silver spoon in thier gerber food and never eccepted anything less than what they could charge on radeo drive.

The secondary percentage of true gold digger's are the most attractive or, " Hotties " who use thier good looks and physical attributes to attract the wealthiest men out there in any given city.

The Third and most redible gold digger's are the woman who marry for money, these are your mail order brides. Exclusive and regarded as the cream de le cream. the one's who know if they abuse the privelage provided for them thier out on the street, or sent back to thier native country to be recycled to the next top bidder.
 NYCman530
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Golddiggers and paranoia
Posted: 9/8/2009 6:02:30 PM
I can understand a woman wanting a guy who's not a bum and is working steady. But I don't understand these women who list $100,000 or $150,000 for they're salary requirements, which I've seen on match.com quite often. And some of these same women claim they're low maintenance! What a joke! Sounds very HIGH maintenance to me, very superficial and very shallow. Those are truly gold diggers. I suppose some men can be guilty of the same thing, but I'm sure there's guys who make $100,000 and up who are deep in debt yet guys like me who make half that get their bills paid every month. Women should look at it in that perspective as well.
 kpooks
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Golddiggers and paranoia
Posted: 9/9/2009 11:14:39 AM
Money provides cush, comfort and freedom from bills, but it sure can't "buy" a personality or sexiness!!!

I dunno...a lot of women like cowboys. Unless they've hit Texas tea (oil), they're dirt-poor, but they sure are men's men who know how to tame wild stallions and ride bulls! There's something to be said for the tough, rugged type.

In the white-collar corporate world, though, gender roles have become convoluted and confused. Men have an innate desire to conquer, but in the white-collar workplace, even in upper management, it's very difficult to conquer a mountain of paperwork that, no matter how hard one works, it just keeps piling up and the mountain gets higher. And, since the white-collar workplace is increasingly dominated by women, men are frequently working UNDER their female bosses. I can see why so many men lose their way, get depressed, and sulk under our female mates. We need an arena of power to control, be it a person or situation.

This is why men like sports. They get to live vicariously through their idol athletes in an aggressive situation, conquering the other team, instead of the passive-aggressive situation they have to suck it up and deal with at work.

Being a golddigger, male or female, is bad, because the digger relinquishes control over their own life. Money (and working for money) enables us to be in control of our OWN lives. This economy sucks, but I don't want to be a "kept" man, so I think I just landed a new second job.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >