Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > THEY SAY "YOU'LL FIND 'THE ONE' WHEN YOUR NOT LOOKING...DO YOU THINK      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 EsaMorena1088
Msg: 37
THEY SAY YOU'LL FIND 'THE ONE' WHEN YOUR NOT LOOKING...DO YOU THINK THAT'S TRUE?Page 7 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
I think that what the quote means is that if you look too hard, you might end up trying to see something that's just not there. Some people are so desperate for a relationship that they literally scour their surroundings looking for Mr. or Ms. Right. Anyone who's desperate enough can make another person seem like the answer to their prayers. Sometimes it takes sitting back and recognizing things in people when you meet them rather than forcing yourself to believe that they have what you're looking for.

Regardless, stay optimistic and open to the possibilities around you. You never know where "the one" could be. Best of luck, OP! :-)
 kymberkys
Msg: 38
view profile
History
THEY SAY YOU'LL FIND 'THE ONE' WHEN YOUR NOT LOOKING...DO YOU THINK THAT'S TRUE?
Posted: 5/26/2012 5:18:07 PM
I have never actively searched or looked for someone.
I dont see it doing any good. I dont go out of my way to place myself in a room full of single men!!! Lol
op best thing is you do you the rest will fall in place.
 MeBoneU
Msg: 39
THEY SAY YOU'LL FIND 'THE ONE' WHEN YOUR NOT LOOKING...DO YOU THINK THAT'S TRUE?
Posted: 5/26/2012 5:21:40 PM
yes and no, when you're busy with your own life and not interested in a relationship, theres always one to sneak up on you, but, if your not busy and you want someone in your life you need to do soul searching and some hard work to find someone worth a relationship
 lucky8711
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 5/30/2012 3:59:47 PM
i think for me that's how it is. My last 2 gfs were random and i was looking on the net for a gf but these 2 i found through friends etc.. the funny thing is, one of the girls that i went out with, I ACTUALLY met her on this site before, and messaged her, but she ignored me but then a few months later i somehow ended up with her. I then told her how she ignored me on the website lol and she said i look much better in real life. shalloww
 turnitupman
Msg: 41
Posted: 6/4/2012 1:21:44 AM
Of course it is.

In other news, you'll also get rich when you're willfully unemployed, you'll get in shape while you're sitting on the couch watching , and playing video games instead of studying for college makes you smarter and more successful in what you want to do :P

Nothing good in life comes from just waiting for it, you gotta run out and grab it by the short and curly hairs when you see what you want, or at least that's my experience. Sitting and waiting gets you a kick in the teeth.
 sddude
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2012 9:41:34 AM
It is like a guy sitting in a bar waiting for an unknown women to pick him up and take him home.

I think this only works for women unless they are scary looking, then what is inside that counts , they have to search.
 DomG79
Msg: 43
Posted: 6/5/2012 3:43:13 AM
It only works that way for some people. I'm not so sure where the line is drawn between looking and not looking anymore.
 sddude
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2012 9:39:48 AM
silverlight , I cannot beleive that you have that kind of problem. Woman as attractive as you should not even have to try, maybe it is your location, in san diego you just appear and guys come , well much more guys from the military than women here though. ;)
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > THEY SAY "YOU'LL FIND 'THE ONE' WHEN YOUR NOT LOOKING...DO YOU THINK THAT'S TRUE?