Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 redneckcountrygirl
Msg: 167
view profile
History
A hidden truth.. Depression...Page 5 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
Depression is a fixable condition. It can be fixed with medication or natural herbs. Let me first have a disclaimer that I am not a doctor but have read and researched much on the subject. When people get depressed or too stressed for too long they get an inbalance of chemicals in the brain. They become very low in seritonin. This stuff makes you feel good and without it you feel very dark, sad and can actually feel physical pain as well. That one simple fix could be a life saver for many. People do not have to stay in that state and there is a lot of help and support out there if you know where to find it. Excercise alone can help to activate your seretonin levels.
 Gmaverick
Msg: 168
view profile
History
A hidden truth.. Depression...
Posted: 7/18/2006 11:48:02 AM
PRINCESS LEIGH;

I am sorry to hear that, I know that what you described IS real, but my answer to you is on my previous post.
And I concur that it is a terrible condition.

Yet there are not mental illness doctors/physicians, there are a lot of psychiatrist that put people on drugs to "handle" such a situation.

I encourage you as well too do your own research, I think that if you and/or anyone is been lie to, that person would like to know that.
But IF there is a lie, the only way for you to see it, is by seen it YOURSELF, so I am not saying you have to believe me, but like I just said, if you like to know, there are people who can provide info to you, they are the ones who studied and have SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE of what is known up to today about the subject, they are call NEUROLOGISTS.

I hope you get well and wish you find a better way for you to deal with your problem.
 Leigh AKA PL
Msg: 169
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2006 2:21:34 PM
psychiatrists hmmmmmmmmmm they have studied for years in the MENTAL ILLNESS of people,that is there job they know what they are talking about

Like I say I have taken my self of prozac without the help of doctors and suffered terrible side affects from it,if someone is SANE,by taking one red pill a day is that so bad??????????

try getting sexually abused by your grandfather for 13 years and raped by a stranger and see if mentally you can cope and be normal????????? yes I sure there are people who have gone through worse that I have,but at the end of the day,that **stard is still affecting me now 25 years later and effecting my 4 year old daughter,Proud to admit it????NOOOOOOOOOOOO but I can't just shove it under the carpet and forget it for my kids sake,it don't work like that. waking up in the middle of the night having nightmares about it years later still affect me and flash backs still effect me,watching tv and hearing on the news or even a silly soap brings it back to me and I sob,you have no idea what it is like and I hate it and crying myself stupid now writing this trying to prove to you how awful this is.
Do I feel worthless and pathectic???? yes I do all the time,and it does not help having people who know nothing about my past can judge me
 Gmaverick
Msg: 170
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2006 2:48:42 PM

psychiatrists hmmmmmmmmmm they have studied for years in the MENTAL ILLNESS of people,that is there job they know what they are talking about

You can assume they do, or you can look for information on the subject and see it yourself.

I know about the terrible side effects and I am aware of how hard it is, it is a drug.

I am very sorry that you had such a bad experience, I know how terrible it is, not because I suffered myself, but because I have seen more people than you can think of in similar conditions, I know it IS terrible.

Now, I want you to understand that I am not judging you nor anyone else here, I DO BELIEVE that you feel the way you say you do, please don't misunderstand me, I am NOT one who enjoys seen innocents suffering, I am on the other side of the spectrum, and if I am mentioning what I said it is directed to call the attention of people who would like to find better ways to deal with their problems and/or to call the attention to the fact that they are been lied to.

I can tell you this: there are other ways, there's plenty of info regarding the truth about Psychiatry on the net, and there's people on the same sources that are able to help in a way that perhaps will make a condition to improve, I invite you to take a look and see for yourself, I believe that anything that may improve a condition is worth to take a look at.

And again good luck to you...
 Gmaverick
Msg: 172
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2006 4:53:06 PM
If my posts seem to be so to you, I'll suggest you to take another look; you may be able to see that far from it what dismisses is something completely different.
And I wouldn’t be able to answer your question if I don’t post, hope it makes sense to you.

JENNY;

I saw some of his movies, does it count...???
 Gmaverick
Msg: 174
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2006 5:44:06 PM
Different people have different level of perception, so, if that's what you see, that's what will be right for you.

You can't see the motives, because what you see doesn't exist; simple.

To be able to measure the speed of flying horses, first we need to find a flying horse, and of course if there is none, then it'll be impossible to accomplish it; despite of the fact that someone could say that there is one.
 redneckcountrygirl
Msg: 181
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2006 11:05:02 AM
I can't believe how ill informed some people can be. Depression is real. Depression can be fixed. However, one sure way not to fix it is to have people tell you to pull yourself up by your bootstraps. That would be like saying, 'Just get over your insulin.' Depression can be an ongoing challange to keep the chemicals in you brain stable. Learning good self care and having a good diet and excercise can do so much. Talking with friends and family also helps. Please people don't be scared by an illness. Read and be a little more informed. gmaverick :I don't know where you are finding your info, but what little I have read of your post I disagree with most of it. To all.
 Gmaverick
Msg: 182
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2006 11:39:40 AM
Far_King_Romeo;

It seems that you didn't get a word of what I said in my post (answering you) I started by saying that "I never said that depression doesn't exist".

Now you tell me: "Sorry Maverick, but depression does exist and it is real..."

Like if I ever said the opposite........¿¿¿???

The fact that a person has a disease, illness, or condition doesn't make him/her an expert regarding the knowledge of the cause/s of it.

That’s like saying that because you are able to drive a car that makes you and expert on engines, aerodynamics, and/or physics.

The "opinionates" happen to be Scientifics that STUDY the field, if you want "opinions" I invite you to go and ask ANY psychiatrist to SHOW you ANY evidence of their "illnesses/diseases" and where are the evidence (discovery/confirmation/validation) of ONE, ONLY ONE of their "chemical imbalances", then you'll get "opinions".

Just to clear it up for you, I'm going to repeat: I NEVER said that DEPRESSION DOESN'T EXIST.
What I said is that; is NOT an illness/disease, since there is NOT SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE ANYWHERE THAT VALIDATES THOSE "DISEASE/ILLNESS", AND THAT IT IS PSYCHIATRY WHO CAME UP WITH THAT.

NOT PSYSICIANS; WHOM ARE THE ONES THAT STUDY THE ORGANISM.

But like you said, people see what they want to see; yesterday someone saw that I was "dismissing" people with this CONDITION, when what I said is that it is already bad to have this condition to let psychiatrists put the person on drugs that only damage their brains, so that now they have ANOTHER PROBLEM, ON TOP OF IT.

And for those who got "improvement" with those drugs, please go and see the studies that have been done in "placebo", get some data, you'll find something very interesting.

Besides, like I already said: Don't believe a word of what I wrote here, go and ask your own physicians for info.

BTW there was someone comparing diabetes with depression...¿¿¿???

Unlike depression; Diabetes IS an illness and there is scientific evidence of it, and ANY physician will diagnosed by doing the appropriate procedures.

Go and ask a Psychiatrist how he diagnoses: "chemical imbalances" and more important, WHERE is the evidence that IT IS an illness/disease.

So, like I said on the previous answer to you, if you already know everything about it, don't even bother in looking for information, what for..??? That would mean that there are still things that you don't know and it doesn't seem to be the case.
 AdamantEthos
Msg: 184
view profile
History
Posted: 7/22/2006 7:33:38 AM
I agree with Mencer. And for Maverick, depression is a real illness that I have known many people to suffer from including family. It's the darkest place in the world to exist when compared relative to normal functioning. It's a combination of genetic predisposition and environmental experience of trauma, severe ambiguity, or significant/prevalent changes. To argue anyway otherwise is to present a point of debate that is refuted by personal experience.
 designingwoman
Msg: 185
view profile
History
Posted: 7/22/2006 9:52:26 PM
Thank you AdamantEthos. Well said!
 AdamantEthos
Msg: 187
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2006 7:21:54 AM
Sorry to hear of your experience Go Rock Go. it seems that both sexes can be overly judgemental on an individual's personal issues in life.

It would be interesting to see whether a guy or girl would have the same problem if the person they dated had a physical ailment such as MS rather than a mental health issue. It seems that discrimination takes the forefront with mental health.
 Leigh AKA PL
Msg: 188
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2006 7:26:19 AM
you have heard my story on here so wont go on again,but please,anyone who does not believe in depression,please I beg you,it is real so real please learn about this ILLNESS before you judge people,we are normal people who have to take a wee red tablet once a day,is that so bad???
 Gmaverick
Msg: 189
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2006 11:02:41 PM
And for Maverick, depression is a real illness that I have known many people to suffer from including family.

AdamantEthos;

It seems that you didn't get what I said either, what I said is that depression is NOT an illness and that there are SCIENTISTS WHO STUDY THE FIELD SAYING SO AND REQUESTING THAT EVIDENCE THAT NO ONE HAS SHOWN YET.
There is an "organic disease/illness" been "treated" with drugs that alters the natural behavior of the brain, with terrible consequences, for which there is NOT SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE.
So, let's see if you get it this time, the people who are saying this, are NOT carpenters, or electricians, or accountants, or waiters, they are SCIENTISTS, NEUROLOGIST, MDs, EVEN
PSYCHIATRISTS THEMSELVES.

And this has absolutely nothing to do with what I think about a person who is depressed.
I'm going to put some references here, this places have links where you can see even more scientists addressing the subject and you can take a look and see whether you consider that you know better than these doctors and scientists:

FRED A. BAUGHMAN JR., MD RESPONDS TO PRODUCER OF FRONTLINE (PBS) DOCUMENTARY "MEDICATING KIDS"

WHAT I AM, MS. GAVIRIA, IS A SCIENTIFIC PHYSICIAN, A NEUROLOGIST/CHILD NEUROLOGIST,.....

Not a single, solitary, psychiatricdisorder/condition/diagnosis has been validated as an organic disease,having a confirming/validating, objective, physical or chemical abnormality (genetic, biochemical, within the brain or body).......

There is no demonstrable physical abnormality in ADHD or schizophrenia to validate either as diseases. The physical abnormality, Ms. Gaviria, is the disease. Psychiatry cannot have its own definition of "disease,"but that doesn't stop them from trying, nor does it stop them from
inventing illusions of diseases, with which to deceive the public and push drugs.

http://www.adhdfraud.com/commentary/8-8-01-3.htm ^^^^^

Academy
for the Study of the
Psychoanalytic Arts

There Are No "Chemical Imbalances"
Eaton T. Fores

Various sorts of brain imaging techniques are currently very much in vogue: a PET scan (positron emission tomography, which visualizes regional energy utilization in the brain) of a depressed person is different from the same scan of a "normal" person. A SPECT (single photon emission computed tomography) scan is even more impressive, since it has the ability to visualize particular kinds of receptors. But this line of argument is entirely fallacious. If the argument is: mental state x can be shown to have a physiological substrate, therefore it is pathological, the response is obvious. All mental states, without exception, have neurochemical substrates. This proves exactly nothing.
No doubt there are neurochemical differences between conservatives and liberals, too.

Who, however, is to decide which state is pathological? Brain imaging techniques are currently the favorite tool used by biopsychiatrists to argue for a purported physiological cause for the various phenomena called "mental illnesses," largely because the scans yield brightly colored pictures of the brain – almost like coloring book drawings – which can be shown to the public and which appear to offer highly dramatic demonstrations of something "wrong" with the brain that has fewer bright colors in it. The public generally knows little about either scientific method or logical inference, and even less about the interpretation of brain scans, and so is likely to be mightily impressed by this "scientific evidence."

So PET and SPECT scans of people called schizophrenic, or depressed, or obsessive-compulsive, are compared to those of people called "normal", and differences between the images are taken as evidence of a biochemical original for mental illness. Do the varieties of consciousness called mental illnesses have a biochemical substrate? Of course they do, but, as noted above, this is only because every kind of mental state has such a substrate.

http://psychrights.org/Research/Digest/TheBrain/NoChemicalImbalances.htm ^^^^^

Famous PSYCHIATRIST L.R. MOSHER resigns from the American Psychiatric Association in disgust...

Now, to begin with, anything that has an anatomically defined specific brain pathology becomes the province of neurology (syphilis is an excellent example). So, to be consistent with this "brain disease" view all the major psychiatric disorders would become the territory of our neurologic colleagues.......

Finally, why must the APA pretend to know more than it does? DSM IV is the fabrication upon which psychiatry seeks acceptance by medicine in general. Insiders know it is more a political than scientific document.......

Diagnostic reliability is easy to attain for research projects. The issue is what do the categories tell us? Do they in fact accurately represent the person with a problem? They don't, and can't, because there are no external validating criteria for psychiatric diagnoses. There is neither a blood test nor specific anatomic lesions for any major psychiatric disorder. So, where are we? APA as an organization has implicitly (sometimes explicitly as well) bought into a theoretical hoax. Is psychiatry a hoax, as practiced today?...........

http://www.oikos.org/mosher.htm ^^^^^

Washington (March 24) - Rep. Joe Barton (R-TX), Chairman of the House Energy and Commerce Committee, and Rep. James Greenwood (R-PA), Chairman of the Oversight and Investigations Subcommittee, today sent a letter to the Food and Drug Administration Commissioner Mark McClellan, requesting information on the use of antidepressants by children and the possibility of increased suicidal behavior from that usage, as well as details on the FDA's handling of this information.

http://energycommerce.house.gov/108/News/03242004_1243.htm ^^^^^

FDA Responds to Barton, Greenwood Inquiry on Antidepressant Use;

"FDA's primary medical reviewer believed that the available data were sufficient to conclude an association exists between the use of antidepressants and suicidal behavior in children. He also recommended that action occur without further delay, although others at FDA disagreed with his recommendation. There are troubling questions of whether FDA supervisors inappropriately suppressed significant information that would have been of consequence to their own advisory committee, not to mention the public.

http://energycommerce.house.gov/108/News/04152004_1251.htm ^^^^^

The DSM IV (The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, volume 4) is the latest and current version of the standard handbook of "mental illnesses" as determined by the American Psychiatric Association (APA). What comes into question with this manual is the manner and method by which these supposed mental illnesses are determined and by whom.......

PAUL MCHUGH, CHAIRMAN OF PSYCHIATRY AT JOHNS HOPKINS UNIVERSITY, SAID OF THE PROFESSION'S VAUNTED DSM:

"Diagnostic and Statistical Manual" (DSM) has "permitted groups of 'experts' with a bias to propose the existence of conditions without anything more than a definition and a checklist of symptoms. This is just how witches used to be identified." As quoted by John Cloud in Time magazine's annual 2003 health issue.

PSYCHIATRIST RON LEIFER describes the illogical, idiotic life he was forced to lead:

"Everyone is neurotic. I have no trouble giving out diagnoses. In my office I only see abnormal people. Out of my office, I see only normal people. It's up to me. It's just a joke. This is what I mean by this fraud, this arrogant fraud ... To make some kind of pretension that this is a scientific statement is ... damaging to the culture." - Ron Leifer, psychiatrist, quoted in Cloning of the American Mind, by Beverly Eakman, 1997

"Only in psychiatry is the existence of physical disease determined by APA presidential proclamations, by committee decisions, and even, by a vote of the members of APA, not to mention the courts". - PETER BREGGIN, TOXIC PSYCHIATRY

http://www.psychdisorders.org/psych_billing_bible.html ^^^^^

Psychiatric "disorders"
Completely lacking in scientific proof or validity...

http://www.psychdisorders.org/psychiatric_disorders.html ^^^^^
 Gmaverick
Msg: 191
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2006 3:35:36 AM
and until, you have endured the daily walk through quicksand of living with depression

Fortunately I know better, therefore it'll never happen, if you read all of my posts, you may be able to see why.

you know not of what you speak

Well, it seems that you know everything about me…… (¿?¿?¿?)

but the fact is depression is a true physical malaise

This doesn’t mean that the CAUSE OF IT is an organic abnormality.

but it is a tangible, physical sensation of pain

The EFFECT of a situation is not the CAUSE of it.

Just because there is no physical measure for this problem

I didn't say anything about "measuring it". What I said id that there are NOT SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE TO VALIDATE IT AS A DISEASE/ILLNESS, SINCE THERE IS NOT SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE OF ANY CHEMICAL IMBALANCE.
The "disease" is been treated chemically, and there's no evidence of ANY ORGANIC/CHEMICAL ABNORMALITY.

doesn’t mean it’s existence can be piffled away with a collection of words

You need to read all my posts; I never questioned or denied the existence of such a condition

I am here to tell you that not only does depression cause the usual cognitive problems, it actually PHYSICALLY HURTS. The entire body aches. It is a sensation that I have yet to be able to describe...but it is a tangible, physical sensation of pain...and it is constant during the entire time the depression is active. I would not wish it on my worst enemy

Different people may be affected in different ways, while I acknowledge that you feel the way you say you do, I have seen many people with this condition and physical pain haven't been a constant, the other thing would be to determine if the pain is a consequence of the situation itself or any other agent, like medicine for instance, but am sure that you can talk to your doctor/physician about it, or whoever is helping you.

I applaud the fact that you prefer alternatives to drugs, regarding whether they work or not, I already said that there's no evidence of the ORGANIC/CHEMICAL abnormality therefore, there's nothing organic/chemical to be corrected.
That you "feel better" when you take those drugs.........well, I won't discuss that.

I know from PERSONAL experience that depression is a discernable physical change which occurs within my physiological existence on this Earth.

Although I won't question that you as a person who suffers that condition, may feel changes etc, that's very far from a scientific evidence of the CAUSE of an organic malfunction.

Someday, I pray in my lifetime, there will be a measure for it which will enable the medical professionals to better treat depression in all its stages.

I believe that you mean EVIDENCE THAT SHOWS THAT IT IS AN ORGANIC MALFUNCTION what CAUSES it.
If that's what you mean I say AMEN TO THAT..!!! Because that means that there WILL be a VALID REASON TO PUT PEOPLE ON DRUGS..!!!

Oh and by the way...IF by taking the meds to bring the depression under control knocked off a few IQ points...so be it. I happily trade those points for a pain free and joyful life. However, again from personal experience, I’ve not noticed ANY discernable difference in my brain functionality after the ingestion of antidepressants.

I believe that a grown up person has the right to do with its life whatever he/she pleases, as long as the person is not been tricked to believe in scammers.
In other words, if somebody gives information to you, and you decide to observe because you think that it is important for you to know those things that you may not be aware of, or decide to ignore it because you think that you know better, or that you do with your life as you please, or ANY other reason you may think of, you have the absolute right to do so. Your life is yours.

However, the consequence that you describe from the use of those drugs doesn’t seem to be the only type of consequence;

January 17, 1989: Patrick Purdy, age 25; Purdy opened fire on a school yard full of young children in Stockton, California. During his vicious and unprovoked assault, Purdy killed five schoolchildren and wounded thirty others before killing himself. During the two years prior to the murders of the Stockton children, Purdy had been treated by psychiatrists who put him on the mind altering drugs Thorazine and Amitriptyline.

1995: Jarred Viktor, 16 years-old; Escondido, California; Stabbed his grandmother 61 times. Ten days prior to the murder, Jarred had been prescribed the anti-depressant Paxil.

November 3, 1995: Sergeant Steven B. Christian, a twenty-five-year commended veteran of the Dallas police force drove to a police sub-station and seriously wounded an officer outside in his attempt to get inside and shoot others. Christian was shot and killed by two fellow Dallas police officers. The autopsy revealed high levels of an antidepressant in his blood

April of 1996: Kurt Danysh (18); Was prescribed the drug Prozac (from Eli Lilly) by a general practitioner who failed to perform any psychological testing. Shortly after beginning to take his Prozac prescription, Kurt, a normally outgoing teenager, became withdrawn and moody. By the second week, he was restless and violent. He got into a fight with his best friend and purposely crashed his truck into a stone wall. This was out of character for Kurt. Seventeen days after his first dose of Prozac, he shot and killed his father by firing a shotgun blast into his father's head. Kurt had no history of violence prior to Prozac. He was convicted of murdering his father and sentenced to 22.5 to 60 years in prison. Kurt later said, "I didn't realize I did it until after it was done, and then I realized it. This might sound weird, but it felt like I had no control of what I was doing, like I was left there just holding a gun."

http://www.teenscreentruth.com/psychiatry_drugs_suicide.html ^^^^^

http://www.psychiatry.info/deaths-caused-by-psychiatry/drug-company-the-fda-finally-admit-paxil-causes-increased-suicide-risk/

http://www.outlookcities.com/psych/

http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg19025494.100.html
 IdoAllmyOwnStunts
Msg: 197
view profile
History
Posted: 8/17/2006 5:42:58 AM
id keep dating as long as i was the beneficiary in the life insurance policy..
 Mrs.Bucket
Msg: 199
Posted: 8/17/2006 8:21:17 AM
not dating someone with depression would be like not dating someone who is missing a foot...i think it would be superficial...everybody has their problems whether they are willing to admit it or not...if someone hid something like that from me i would be a little hurt that they didn't have enough faith in me but i would get over it and understand...it's not like people want to run to the mountain top and scream,"HEY GUESS WHAT EVERYONE I'M DEPRESSED!!!"
 Mrs.Bucket
Msg: 204
Posted: 8/19/2006 2:42:45 PM
^^^^^^^
That's great!! I'm glad for you ...and then you get people on the forums live nevergiveup or whatever her name is that tells people with depression to get over it...what's so funny about that is that she's a nurse
 mystlw
Msg: 214
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2006 8:11:50 PM
Phantom limb syndrome. Ask anybody who lost his arm or legs to disease or
accident.

More accurately, injured limb syndrome. If your arm, for example, withered, shrank, and became unusable, should you be blamed for that? Should we tell you that all you need to do is think positively, and you'll regain the use of your limb?

People subjected to long-term trauma and/or depression experience significant changes to their hippocampus; it literally withers and shrinks. Recognizing one's shortcomings falls somewhat short of regenerating brain tissue.
 mystlw
Msg: 222
view profile
History
Posted: 9/21/2006 6:23:48 PM

Red Flags Avoid these people with these patterns: Abusive parents, abusive ex-husbands, abusive ex-boyfriends, alcoholism, drugs, talks about ex on first, second dates, negativity, disrespectful, confuses you, arrogance/condescending, Cheated in past, self-centered, Breaks Dates, Makes excuses, lies, cusses a lot, No Class, Inflexible, Distrusting, Bitter, Nags, gossips. Women who say something, but their actions and body language reflect different signals. Women with low self-esteem, fixated on money, or have psychological problems, or psychiatric problems.

So, just one girl somewhere in rural Iowa, then?

It's interesting that you're discounting any woman with abusive parents, ex-husbands, or boyfriends, in that you're blaming someone for the abuse of others. How many people, especially children, do you know that invite people to scar them emotionally?
 mystlw
Msg: 226
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2006 5:03:10 PM

Now, in-spite of all this, I still would not date a woman with psychological or psychiatric problems, which is what my original red flag statement was regarding.

Your original statement presupposes that someone with a history of abuse has psychological or psychiatric problems, which is not always the case.

I've found that people that have suffered or struggled oftentimes have a greater sense of compassion and empathy toward others who are suffering. That is in no way a bad thing.
 designingwoman
Msg: 227
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2006 9:43:47 PM
I agree that people who have suffered have greater empathy and understanding toward those who have struggled.

I am going through a hard time right now, facing career disappointment in the electrical industry, and am now looking for a full time job. People can get depressed when they are dealing with life circumstances as well as from biochemical processes that go awry in the brain.

DW
 ace76
Msg: 234
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2006 7:13:27 PM
No, because as long as they're taking it, they should be fine.

We all have our own issues, and i'm not going to "cast the first stone," so to speak.
 sam5286
Msg: 237
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2009 10:06:40 AM
id b curious what u say to me...im a mental health advocate (hav been 4 7 yrs)-my job is to make sure people wth mh probs know what their rigts are and i help achieve positive outcomes in homelessness, child protection etc . i had a breadown 19 yrs ago and have basically put my own mh on a shelf so to speak-busying myself helping others overcoming stigma has kept it at bay largely but i do get low when its quiet m kids have gone to their dads, im tired from a hectic career and i wonder why am i on my own- i then think ohh mayb ur depressed again-but my way of dealing with it is mind of matter if i dont think i am ill be fine- .for a porfessional to acknowledge they hav probs is prob even more of a stigma so im not 'out'.. but is that doin me more harm than good- i know the drugs i had nrly 2v yrs psyctherapy yrs ago so been there and not sure i need to go there again. occ when really stressed with life ill go on citalopram but it doesnt help-wonder if it doesnt cos i dont ned it...v confused!!!
 Vannili
Msg: 238
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2009 10:54:25 AM
I 've talk to a few guy who suffer from depression ,their emotion are high and low , andthey pushed the of botton of your sympathy and when you are* in* with them everything you said is against them, and Iwas always trying to be understood that drags me to despair.1 to 3 dates is my limit to them To begin with,I am a happy person ,I will not take that kind of crumb in relationship just to be with someone .. Yes I will run as fast as I can out of their reach.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >