Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 kari135
Msg: 42
view profile
History
dating; friends; talk/email; long-term ....perceptions of these termsPage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
The first part of this one, posted 6/23/06 is more what I've found. For a brief - very brief - time, I put Talk/Email on my profile, since I'd come to the conclusion that was the best I'd get where I lived then. I was inundated with requests to chat naked via webcam (give me a break, I wouldn't have done that 40 years ago, and who in their right mind wants to look at a 60-something naked woman?), phone numbers to call because they wanted me to talk dirty to them - ad nauseum. One man I'd been in contact with for quite awhile also had asthma, and one afternoon he started wheezing in the middle of a conversation. I asked if he needed to take a break and use his inhaler, and he said no, he just liked the sound of my voice and was jacking off. That was our last conversation, btw.

Well, I'm a guy so to me they mean

Friends = Casual sex
E-mail/Talk= Talking about sex THEN having casual sex
Dating = Going dancing then having sex
Long Term = Not getting any more sex.

I find most people just ignore the "looking for" section. The terms are very general and depend on the person as to what they really mean. The way I look at it. Talk to a person, learn about them. Much better than judging somebody by a term.
 GWSmith
Msg: 44
dating; friends; talk/email; long-term ....perceptions of these terms
Posted: 7/9/2011 10:21:25 AM
I don't even pay attention to that part of the looking for section tbh. its too vague and it can mean different things to different people. I'm not even sure what mine is set at right now...
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >