Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > Anybody got a really effective home-made remedy?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 WindRoper
Msg: 51
Anybody got a really effective home-made remedy?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Honeyb: "Other remedies......hot tea or coffee...I personally wouldn't give coffee to a kid but it's not only the caffine that gets you moving but the hot liquid."

I understand some parents are concerned about the amount of caffeine their children ingest. My kids hardly ever drink pop or get caffeine from any other product so that's not a concern for me. My brother had a kidney removed before he was 48 hours old. When he was about 2-y-o my mother complained to the pediatrician that my brother was always crying for a drink of her coffee. The doctor looked at her like she was nuts and told her to give the boy some coffee. LOL!
 Hugh F
Msg: 52
Anybody got a really effective home-made remedy?
Posted: 8/12/2009 10:45:48 PM
I totally agree, A little fiber ( psyllium at first then maybe oatmeal for breakfast) and lots and lots and lots ( cant emphasis enough ) water. Water is the most important ingredient to a smooth and painless bowel movement. After the movements have become regular then start with the Pro-Biotic Acidophilus, (Active yogurt or capsule form) My son became constipated after taking antibiotics for ear infections. The antibiotics kill off all the good bacteria in the intestines so you need to rebuild them with pro - biotic's. (good bacteria).

Good luck. and lets hope they don't get hemorrhoids and not what to have a bowel movement because it hurts to much....
 M1ssL0vely
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Anybody got a really effective home-made remedy?
Posted: 8/12/2009 11:32:01 PM
Prune Juice works great but sometimes a script is needed. My niece had a similar problem with constipation and then we discovered she was scared to go bc sometimes hard stools hurt. Then she would get "backed up" (for lack of a better word) we bought her a book called "It Hurts when I poop" u can look it up. It works great for her!
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > Anybody got a really effective home-made remedy?