Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 packagedealx3
Msg: 4
view profile
History
My ex boyfriend wishes I was deadPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Don't know what the laws are there but in Texas, if one party is aware that a telephone conversation is being recorded, it is legal even if you don't inform the other party. If he regularly calls your parents making threats, they need to get one of those small recorders from Wal-Mart, around $20-30, and start recording the telephone calls. Also contact the authorities and find out what you can do. In texas a restraining order is not worth the paper it is written on but a protective order put in place by law enforcement is. Document everything. Times, dates, what is said, even stuff that has occurred already, the police can tell you how to get an emergency hearing, etc.
 Devilsfan58
Msg: 16
view profile
History
My ex boyfriend wishes I was dead
Posted: 8/11/2011 12:35:57 AM

You can have him charged with uttering death threats and have a non harassement order if not a restraining order placed upon him. Then if he violates the order(s) he will go to jail.

I don't think you can get a restraining order against someone who doesn't live with you. You might get or have them charged with uttering a terroristic threat but I know of states where if they don't live with you, you are unable to get a restraining order.
 AxMurderer
Msg: 17
Posted: 8/11/2011 4:49:33 AM
Wishing you were dead is not illegal. Lots of people wish their exes were dead especially if there was a betrayal involved. Doesn't mean they are going to kill you.

Telling your parents that they wish you were dead is a little scary though. This ups the fear factor for me.
 WinnipegStormchild
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 8/11/2011 7:58:52 AM
Your daughter is 12 and unhappy in her situation ..
Advise her to find herself a child advocate in her area to help her change it..
CPS would know where she could get the help she needs, and maybe find her someone to talk to about her unhappiness.
I don't kow which household would be best, but the advocate would be working for HER best interest, not either of her parents.
 kiinunobaka
Msg: 19
Posted: 8/11/2011 8:21:33 AM
Heh.. My Ex wishes I was dead too! Everybody feels that way at some point... and alot of them vocalize it.

And my ex can go right ahead ****in and complaining about wanting me to be 6feet under.. as long as he does it from 50yds away. My son and I have a protective order. He see's our kid once a week in a supervised visit with my mom. and he talks crap about me the whooole time. To my mom, infront of our son. And that's just fine. There isn't really any danger in venting... other than pissing off the person you're venting to.

As for the recordings... The cellphone companies sell ringback tones that say 'this call may be monitered and recorded for quality assurance. etc.etc.' Then record the phonecall... legal. :) But you do have to tell them... and that's one way to do it.
 WinnipegStormchild
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 8/11/2011 2:51:52 PM
to the poster above me.. dang I didnt see the date stamp.. lol..
o.k.... time to go back to the eye doc..
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >