Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SpecificTruths
Msg: 224
Non-Religious Person dating a Jehovah's WitnessPage 5 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
Finally PregnantLady decided to leave the forums. Not surprised...
 MarriedMommy
Msg: 225
Non-Religious Person dating a Jehovah's Witness
Posted: 10/6/2010 5:48:34 PM

Well, what about when your child is old enough to go shopping between sundown Friday-Saturday on his or her own or with a friend or with his father? Is that ok? And what about if your child wants to celebrate holidays? Is that ok?

Had to come back after I saw that someone can't read.

Just a few posts up I said that our child would be celebrating holidays and also that if they want to spend money after sundown on Friday that is their business.

Perhaps try reading next time???
 SpecificTruths
Msg: 226
Posted: 10/7/2010 2:16:45 PM
^^^ Resorting to insults, are we now?
How is it "their business" when they're a small child? I hope you're talking about teenagers or whatever; a kid capable of making independent decisions.
 MarriedMommy
Msg: 227
Posted: 10/7/2010 11:19:53 PM
It wasn't an insult..just saying someone needed to read the post where I had already covered that. If he/she is with their dad at a store and its past sundown on Fri and they want to use their allowance to buy a toy or whatever I'm okay with that.

Just like I already said that my husband is okay with our child having holidays though my husband wont be attending.
 MarriedMommy
Msg: 229
Posted: 10/8/2010 10:47:17 AM
He says its Gods job to convert not mans.

We've been together 4 years next month and our differences haven't caused problems yet.
 Welsh474
Msg: 230
Posted: 10/8/2010 6:34:18 PM
This is all too funny, must be giving birth to an elephant - seems you've been pregnant for months and months and months.

You'd leave him - that's okay cause you don't divorce. Really makes sense to me, a broken home is a broken home. What ever happened to your statement that you wouldn't even remarry if he died because in god's eyes you are married for life. And seems to me your husband has an ex-wife, which means he's divorced. Seems to me that you said he didn't spend any time raising his two children from his first marriage - how Christian is that?

Seems to me that all of this is "religion of convenience", some folks will do what ever they decide to change or adapt to their own weird beliefs.

Some relationships work well if there are differences in religion, some don't. It's the same as anything - who can predict what will break apart a relationship.
 scottey63
Msg: 231
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2010 7:03:48 PM
OK, curiosity has got the best of me. PL, was your husband a JW when you married him?
 MarriedMommy
Msg: 232
Posted: 10/9/2010 5:38:09 PM

This is all too funny, must be giving birth to an elephant - seems you've been pregnant for months and months and months.

You'd leave him - that's okay cause you don't divorce. Really makes sense to me, a broken home is a broken home. What ever happened to your statement that you wouldn't even remarry if he died because in god's eyes you are married for life. And seems to me your husband has an ex-wife, which means he's divorced. Seems to me that you said he didn't spend any time raising his two children from his first marriage - how Christian is that?

Seems to me that all of this is "religion of convenience", some folks will do what ever they decide to change or adapt to their own weird beliefs.

Some relationships work well if there are differences in religion, some don't. It's the same as anything - who can predict what will break apart a relationship.

1. I am 38 weeks pregnant tomorrow. Our baby is due in 2 weeks.

2. Bible says that it is okay to separate if one partner tries to keep the other from practicing their religious beliefs. Adultery is only reason for divorce.

3. My husband did not file for divorce his wife did and he was not a Christian at the time.

4. My husband lost custody of his 2 sons because he was a practicing magician at the time and his ex-wife convinced the judge that he was a Satan worshiper.

5. My husband was having meetings with the JW's when we met and on our 6 month wedding anniversary he got baptized.
 Welsh474
Msg: 233
Posted: 10/11/2010 9:49:48 AM
It's great that your baby is due in two weeks. Congrats.

I can't fathom that the bible says you can separate regarding practicing religious beliefs and divorce for adultry. Sounds like a religion of convenience. Any person/religion interprets it's own meaning into the bible. The catholics practice their religion in different ways than j.w.'s - doesn't mean each doesn't believe in god, they just mold the reading to their own benefit.

Doesn't matter who filed for divorce, the man or the woman, divorce is divorce. Each has to sign off on it.

A "practicing" magician? WTF. Being a magician is a job just like being a doctor, janitor or anything else. If the ex wife convinced the judge that he was a satan worshipper all involved were idiots, the wife, him, and the judge. I think someone is blowing smoke up your azz on this one. And who doesn't fight for their kids if they really want to be part of their lives.

Being a j.w. is no different than being a mormon, a catholic, a baptist, etc. It's just a belief or faith in something. None is better or worse than the other. Same as being an athiest - it's just something a person believes. Being baptized doesn't automatically make you a better person, I know many folks that are more "christian-like" than half the folks I know that attend church regularly. If you're a good person - you're a good person. Simple.

More marriages/relationships break up over money, cheating, addictions and abuse than they do over religious differences.
 MarriedMommy
Msg: 234
Posted: 10/11/2010 1:43:55 PM
1. Actually the Bible says that the one who filed for the one is at fault and cannot remarry.

2. Bible clearly states reason for divorce/separation

3. I never said he didn't fight for his kids but hes till lost custody based on a flase allegation.
 SpecificTruths
Msg: 235
Posted: 10/11/2010 2:17:44 PM
^^^ Ok, quote your book of lies, include chapters and verses, and maybe, just maybe, people will take you seriously.

1. Actually the Bible says that the one who filed for the one is at fault and cannot remarry.
The bible was written 2000 years ago, was the term "file for divorce" really in practice? "All signs point to NO."

2. Bible clearly states reason for divorce/separation
Where? How many books is it stated in and do those books conflict with each other?

3. I never said he didn't fight for his kids but hes till lost custody based on a flase allegation.
You heard his side of the story, you don't know if the allegations were false or not. He's obviously changed a lot (for the better) since the two of you got together.

State your information, where you get it from, and state it clearly. Otherwise you just come off as another overly zealous religious smoke blower who regurgitates what the clergy person tells them at mass with little/no actual reading of the bible for themself.
I swear, as an atheist I've probably read more of the bible than most Christians or Jews.
 Welsh474
Msg: 236
Posted: 10/11/2010 2:38:21 PM
^^I have to concur with Specifictruths on this one. Just where in the bible does it state anything about someone filing for divorce. I'm sure the word "divorce" wasn't even a word back then. Man (and I mean the global use of the word "man") has read, interpreted, misinterpreted the words of a book put together thousands of years ago from stories told by mouth and passed on to generations that have **stardized and changed it to fit their specific needs. This is still going on today.

Maybe your husband got a "do over". We all deserve a "do over" if we've learned from our past mistakes. There are always three sides to the divorce story - his side, her side and the truth, which is a bit of both sides. And that part about separating over religious differences and only divorce over adultry - where did that come from?
 MarriedMommy
Msg: 237
Posted: 10/11/2010 2:46:46 PM
I've met his ex and she'll even admit that was reason he lost his kids
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 238
Posted: 10/11/2010 3:24:58 PM

2. Bible says that it is okay to separate if one partner tries to keep the other from practicing their religious beliefs. Adultery is only reason for divorce.

It also says not to BEAT your wife and donkeys/beast of burden,or be a drunk..So I think Jesus/Jehovah would forgive us if we divorce a drunk that decides to beat our happy azz with a crow bar..

I like the fact Jehovah's witnesses don't give blood cause that is so f ing gross.
* gag*

Pftttt..No matter as long as you respect the others boundaries and beliefs.
Depends..on the people involved.
I wouldn't want to date someone narrow minded no matter what.

My husband did not file for divorce his wife did and he was not a Christian at the time.

Magician..???????????Lordy..Me thinks there is more to that than meets the eye.

Did he make money disappear or cut a woman in half?

MarriedMommy
Msg: 239
Posted: 10/11/2010 5:52:15 PM
He had a guillotine and a zig zag illusion box in his living room when I first met him before he destroyed them. So yes he did the cutting a woman in half trick
 Welsh474
Msg: 240
Posted: 10/11/2010 6:47:50 PM
Boy, that will make someone run for the hills screaming "satan worshipper". I can see how a judge was convinced and didn't award him custody.

He has "tools of the trade" just as if he were a carpenter and had hammers, saws, etc. in his home.

I had an uncle that went for hypnosis to help him quit smoking and he did quit smoking. About 5 years later he "saw the light" and got all involved in some evangalist group. When he was 60 he got cancer and he was convinced that it was god's way of punishing him for having hypnosis ten years prior because hypnosis was the devil's work. I don't recall hypnosis being mentioned in the bible. See - folks just make stuff up as they go along to fit their little world. Too sad really how folks get sucked in.

Maybe it is a good thing that a couple has compatable religious beliefs because I, for one, couldn't handle so of the weird things these folks believe in. A mind is a terrible thing to waste.
 That Handy Man
Msg: 241
Posted: 10/11/2010 7:08:15 PM
It's my considered opinion that religion always seems to attract the dim witted and stupid. If only people could apply a little of their OWN thinking and inteligence to such matters. Sadly, I guess, and in their defence, they simply just haven't got the smarts. They are such easy prey for the slick religious practitioners and churches.

Maybe even worse are those (and I guess there are many) that simply inherited their beliefs, but never had the smarts or courage to question anything, never mind possibly applying just a little common sense.
 moraima
Msg: 242
view profile
History
Posted: 10/11/2010 7:48:35 PM
"It's my considered opinion that religion always seems to attract the dim witted and stupid."

The frightened, and those in denial. Don't get me wrong, I believe in what makes sense. There is little in life that scares me. However, zealot are frightening to me.

There is so much fear about home grown fundamentialist out to take down our countries. What scares me more, is people who sign up willing to stop thinking, and just do what they are told, or what is convenient for their livestyle during a particular decade.

I fear just as much the religious zealous, as I do those who want to take our countries down to ashes.
 MarriedMommy
Msg: 243
Posted: 10/11/2010 9:14:12 PM
His ex provided pictures when they were in court of the items being in his house and said they proved he was messing with Satanic things.

He hadn't used the items in a long time but still had them just as decoration. Shortly after I met him he decided to destroy them including the custom zig zag illusion box that was made by Mario Manzini.
 SpecificTruths
Msg: 244
Posted: 10/12/2010 7:42:58 AM
No more attacks from me on religion, ok? Promise.

Now, about those bible verses that discuss divorce. Gotten around to referencing those for me? I'd like to have a look myself. I have a King James, so if yours is different, please specify. I'll head to the used book store and pick up a copy like you have so I can see if our interpretations align at least a little...
 MarriedMommy
Msg: 245
Posted: 10/12/2010 9:38:29 AM
I only use KJV...others seem like waste to me
 scenesoflife
Msg: 246
Posted: 10/12/2010 10:04:21 AM

because he was a practicing magician at the time and his ex-wife convinced the judge that he was a Satan worshiper.

THAT JUST CRACKED ME UP!!!!

this cant be real can it????

where do you people live?? willy wonka's chocolate factory???

but to topic..
never get invoulved with a jehovah's witness!! unless youre willing to strip down from your personality and conform...
I grew up in that enviroment, and I always thought that the people actively invoulved have some sort of brain damage.
 SpecificTruths
Msg: 247
Posted: 10/12/2010 10:12:45 AM

I only use KJV...others seem like waste to me
Perfect!
So, let's get some verses on divorce. You wouldn't be dodging my questions on that, would you?
I'm not going to flame anything, think of it as a bible study. Go ahead and send the verses privately if you're shy and don't want to share.
 MarriedMommy
Msg: 248
Posted: 10/12/2010 11:52:43 AM
Scenesoflife...I'm 100% serious. She shown the judge pictures of the zig zag illusion and the guillotine with the reasoning that only a Satan worshiper would have such things in their house. She failed to point out that they were dusty form not being used in years.

Here are 2 for you to start with:

And if a woman shall put away her husband, and be married to another, she committeth adultery.

And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband: But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried, or be reconciled to her husband
 SpecificTruths
Msg: 249
Posted: 10/12/2010 12:08:00 PM
^^^ Which books and verses?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >