Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Imported_labor
Msg: 43
Nuke Israel and PalestinePage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)

At any rate ... the only ones I expect to do any attacking of any kind over there are the Israelis. They're the ones always stealing others' land and mongering on their neighbors

Well, then you're not paying attention, but you seem like you can't even pay attention to what is being said in this thread, so that seems par for the course.
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3954896,00.html
http://www.jta.org/news/article/2010/09/15/2740913/rocket-attacks-stepped-up-during-talks
http://www.jta.org/news/article/2010/09/13/2740876/attacks-from-gaza-on-israel-increase
http://dover.idf.il/IDF/English/News/today/10/09/0113.htm

^And that's only in the past couple days. If the only ones you expect to do any attacking are the Israelis, you have your head so far up your ass you need medical help to undo it. And I'm not saying Israel is blameless in anything, but you have wholly defied reality here.

You are right to recognize that the Israelis are not "blameless in anything." I remember that an extreme element, opposed to a peace settlement negotiated some years ago gunned down the Israeli Prime Minister in order to derail the peace agreement. The main issue was, and still is, that the Israelis would need to give back some of the Palestinian territories they INVADED and have been holding by force.

It is extremely ridiculous, and intellectually deficient, to offer as a defense of the Israeli position the attacks launched on them by some extreme groups of Palestinians. Any honest debater would have to recognize that the population of the country , town, village, or home that has been invaded by force by others who have superior weapons, have the legitimate right to fight back with whatever means necessary against the invaders and occupiers of their land.

As an American I would do no less to defend our country if we were invaded by others.
 whiskeypapa
Msg: 44
Nuke Israel and Palestine
Posted: 9/16/2010 4:48:55 PM
The range of a mortar is about 5000 meters, the IOF was well out of range. rockets?? what rockets? the rockets fired from Gaza are nothing more than firecrackers and do no damage. They are more like SOS flares to draw attention to their plight, the relentless murders of civilians for their land.

The criminal entity controls all the news that come out of Palestine, because other outlets pick up the stories does not make them true. This just an example of Goebbels "big lie".
 sexyisback!
Msg: 45
Posted: 9/18/2010 12:14:38 PM

Ynet news and jta.org are both zionist propaganda sites who's perspective and analysis are so far twisted from reality that one can only read with jawdropped amazement. how can people being starved and deprived of water carry out any kind of attack on a nuclear armed criminal entity? It is the typical case of the bully saying, :...he bloodied my fist with his face."

If you would like some interesting reading read, B'Tsalem who recently citicized the criminal entity stating that it encourages the killing of the Palestinians citing the deaths of 617 civilians most under the age of 18.

criminal entity" ? lol.. since there are now almost 15 times as many "Palestinians" (i.e. people who decided they wanted to take Israeli's land AFTER Israeli settlers had irrigated/improved it) in the area, Israel is indeed doing a pizz-poor job at the 'genocide' that is an accusation routinely tossed at it.

The USA is currently and recently doing afar BETTER job considering it has killed far more than 600,000 Iraqi & Afghani civilians in the past few years (sort of better than 617 killed inadvertently, during military actions to protect one's border, as in Israel's case?)

more to your liking I'm sure would be:

Germany, Germany above all,
Above all in the world,
When, for protection and defence, it always
takes a brotherly stand together.
From the Meuse to the Memel,
From the Adige to the Belt,
|: Germany, Germany above everything,
Above everything in the world. :
|Unity and justice and freedom
For the German fatherland!
For these let us all strive
Brotherly with heart and hand!
Unity and justice and freedom
Are the pledge of fortune;
|: Bloom in this fortune's blessing,
Bloom, German fatherland. :|

or the Horst Wessel Lied (song of the SS):

The flag high! The ranks tightly closed!
SA march with bold, firm steps.
Comrades shot by the Red Front and reactionaries
March in spirit in our ranks.

Clear the streets for the brown battalions,
Clear the streets for the stormtroopers!
Already millions look with hope to the swastika
The day of freedom and bread is dawning!

Roll call has sounded for the last time
We are all already prepared for the fight!
Soon Hitler's flag will fly over the barricades.
Our servitude will soon end!

The flag high! The ranks tightly closed!
SA marches with a bold, firm pace.
Comrades shot by the Red Front and reactionaries
March in spirit in our ranks.
 cotter
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 9/18/2010 5:39:31 PM
Message 50 ...

... but you seem like you can't even pay attention to what is being said in this thread, so that seems par for the course.

... you have your head so far up your ass you need medical help to undo it.

LMAO at the personal attacks. They must have changed the forum rules. I didn't know they now allow personal attacks like that (in the forums). Oh well, what ever it takes to fill the page (post) ... It's been my experience that when a person has basically nothing to say ... they go the "personal attack" route. Go for it.

If who attacks ... WHO will respond?

Oh dear ... did someone forget where they live? Or are you speaking in general terms ... as in if someone attacks (Israel), those of the Jewish nature will respond? Otherwise, that sentence doesn't make sense.

It makes perfect sense, if you don't start in the middle of the conversation we were having. Someone drew a parallel to Afghanistan and the fact we are still there.
No matter, but please tell me, when did Afghanistan ever attack us (the US)?

Help me here ... I just don't recall when we (the US) were ever "attacked" by Afghanistan. Our invasion of Afghanistan was not a response of being "attacked" by Afghanistan. Our invasion of Afghanistan was nothing more than the invasion of a sovereign nation ... just as we invaded Iraq ... for no damn good reason.

Now, where were we? Oh yes ... the nuking of Israel ... right?

Mesage 56 ...
The only words I've ever heard or sung (while living in Germany for 10 years and as a performer here in the US) are below. No one I know there or here (among all of my German friends) even care about any other version of the "Lied der Deutschen".

The following provides the lyrics of the "Lied der Deutschen" as written by Hoffmann von Fallersleben. Only the third verse is currently the Federal Republic of Germany's national anthem.
Deutschlandlied
German lyrics and Approximate translation

First stanza
Deutschland, Deutschland über alles,
Über alles in der Welt,
Wenn es stets zu Schutz und Trutze
Brüderlich zusammenhält.
Von der Maas bis an die Memel,
Von der Etsch bis an den Belt,
Deutschland, Deutschland über alles,
Über alles in der Welt!

Germany, Germany above all,
Above all in the world,
When, for protection and defence, it always
takes a brotherly stand together.
From the Meuse to the Memel,
From the Adige to the Belt,
Germany, Germany above everything,
Above everything in the world.

Second stanza
Deutsche Frauen, deutsche Treue,
Deutscher Wein und deutscher Sang
Sollen in der Welt behalten
Ihren alten schönen Klang,
Und zu edler Tat begeistern
Unser ganzes Leben lang.
Deutsche Frauen, deutsche Treue,
Deutscher Wein und deutscher Sang!

German women, German loyalty,
German wine and German song
Shall retain in the world
Their old beautiful chime
And inspire us to noble deeds
During all of our life.
German women, German loyalty,
German wine and German song!

Third stanza
(Germany's National Anthem)

Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit
Für das deutsche Vaterland!
Danach lasst uns alle streben
Brüderlich mit Herz und Hand!
Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit
Sind des Glückes Unterpfand;
Blüh' im Glanze dieses Glückes,
Blühe, deutsches Vaterland.

For the German fatherland!
For these let us all strive
Brotherly with heart and hand!
Are the pledge of fortune;
Bloom in this fortune's blessing,
Bloom, German fatherland.

.dej
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2010 3:36:03 PM

It's been my experience that when a person has basically nothing to say ... they go the "personal attack" route. Go for it.

This attitude puzzles me. "Basically nothing to say".

You responded to a post with citations that refutes yours, and your defense is that I have "basically nothing to say". Explain yourself.
 cotter
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 3/2/2012 4:08:28 PM

Please, just nuke them both before they end up triggering WW3 (Which is going to happen sooner or later because of their actions).
That was posted in July 2006 ... and now we have Israel threatening to attack Iran.

You can't get world war three if nobody participates. The whole reason Israel acts as it does is because of outside aggression.
Threatening to attack Iran ... is that being aggressive?

... supporting Israel unconditionally gets us in good with the Big Guy. Buying our way into heaven on Judgement Day so to speak. As though we can get into the club by being friends with and walking in with Israel.
Being friends with Israel won't get us anything but world hate.
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  >