Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Mail order brides[Closed/Mod Review]      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 wodehousefan2
Msg: 1001
Mail order bridesPage 41 of 46    (6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46)
Actually. most MOBs are very educated. Nearly all are HS grads, and many are college grads...and their high schools are like our colleges. You have to be literate to graduate. A fourth grader in Korea/Japan is better educated than an American College Freshman. Some MOBs are gold diggers, but they are the exception. Most American women are gold diggers....they all want to live like Britney Spears, but don't have the looks/body to earn it, and don't want to work anyway. So...which third world country did you come from, as you are unable to spell words such as delude? I bet you are from Mexico, and an illegal alien...either that or you were brought up in America, and are a PHD.
 wodehousefan2
Msg: 1002
Mail order brides
Posted: 9/21/2007 6:13:18 PM
To return a MOB, just notify Immigration-during the first two years-that you are no longer sponsoring her.
 wodehousefan2
Msg: 1003
My rebutal
Posted: 9/21/2007 6:16:54 PM
ladydallas, you are SOOOO ignorant. Women have been taking younger lovers from the beginning of time. Study the sex lives of: the Medicis, Queen Elizabeth I, Catherine The Great, Cleopatra, Hellen Of Troy, etc.
 Resident Male
Msg: 1004
Mail order brides
Posted: 9/21/2007 8:00:21 PM

I musta got a stinky oyster

I do not like a stinky oyster.
 Resident Male
Msg: 1005
Mail order brides
Posted: 9/21/2007 8:08:49 PM

How the heck do you return a PERSON!???

Use plenty of tape and send, "postage due". Be kind and leave holes in the box.
 islgurl
Msg: 1006
Mail order brides
Posted: 9/21/2007 9:28:28 PM

How the heck do you return a PERSON!???

Use plenty of tape and send, "postage due". Be kind and leave holes in the box.

Ok..good.That is EXACTLY what I did last time..only I stamped it COD. Hope it worked..never heard back from him.
 anApplepear
Msg: 1007
view profile
History
Mail order brides
Posted: 9/21/2007 9:37:20 PM
Mail order bride= Paid contracted prostitute, Master Goldigger, housekeeper.

Wow, it has been quite a while for me to hear such a judgmental statement. Do you have to be so cute and such a know-it-all? In regardless of gender, a person who "know too much" have no room for others and therefore usually not very lovable and does not make very good mate.
 2 girls short of a 3some
Msg: 1008
Mail order brides
Posted: 9/22/2007 5:53:52 AM

Mail order bride= Paid contracted prostitute, Master Goldigger, housekeeper.

Mail order brides will be docile and not argue because they need to maintain harmony so their butts dont end up in the streets.
The vast majority are not educated.
Once in this country they will do anything to please their man (all the sexfest the geezer dork wants) so they don't end up broke in the streets in a country were they have no form of social support, knowledge of language, or education.

That is UNTIL
1) They learn the language giving them the necessary platform to improve upon themselves.

Many are already fluent in english and one other major european language such as german or french

2) They become educated in the US therefore giving them more autonomy and power to say NO.

Per capita they are already more educated then their US femal counterparts

3)They develop a social network giving them the power and emotional support to walk away

Everybody needs friends - no one exists alone

4) They meet another man who can meet all their financial needs and is nicer, cuter, and younger than the old geezer they married.

WESTERN WOMEN ALREADY DO THIS ALOT AS WELL
OR

5) They get a descent paying job giving them the financial power to walk away from the geezer they married who's old enough to be their father.
But hey marrying that old geezer, who diluted himself into believing that his new trophy wife really loves him, is still better than being broke, lonely, with no prospects of a descent life in Russia, Philippines or whatever third world nightmare they are coming from.

and you think western women dont even care in the slightest about a mans wallet or earning capability or social status ? sooo nooooooooo woman in the west is ever looking to make a better life for herself as well

People say I have a shitty attitude

but you take the cake

where you perhapes at sometime in your life offended either directly or indirectly because of a foreign woman as such you are belittleing them -- what ever happened to the " sisterhood " solidarity

or is that only for western entitlement princesses who are afriad of competition ?
 ladydallas
Msg: 1009
view profile
History
Mail order brides
Posted: 9/22/2007 7:53:12 AM

where you perhapes at sometime in your life offended either directly or indirectly because of a foreign woman as such you are belittleing them -- what ever happened to the " sisterhood " solidarity or is that only for western entitlement princesses who are afriad of competition ?

*Yaa roo giddy up-- NOPE, just the opinion of one woman who's known a few men that got seriously hurt when they were used by women who wanted that greencard only to be dumped for another man once they were in the US.
*For the record when I say EDUCATED I meant college/university education not a high school diploma/GED which a vast majority of women have anyway.

* Oh and NO i am not an illegal alien from Mexico. Why would i be? Since afterall i could simply be a mail order bride and forego all that "illegal" pesky route.

* Svetlana --In your statement you have truly demonstrated how ignorant MOBs can be when you say that "all american women are mean and evil."
SO what you are saying that because of this one american woman, namely ME, has an opinion you don't agree with, you decided that all american women are evil?
Did i ever say all Russian women are evil and mean? Of course not! I was in Moldova not too long ago and met quite a few RESPECTABLE, INTELLIGENT Russian women who were there on business as well.
As a matter of fact, the subject of Mail order brides came up in one of our discussions and it appears that the vast majority of Russian women don't have much respect for women that sell themselves like that to American men. Ironic isn't it?

*Afraid of competition? Now why would i be afraid of competition if as an American woman that is the environment i grew up in? Competition is one of the things that makes america so great. Afraid of it? On the contrary i LIVE IT, I THRIVE ON IT, and i get TURNED ON by it. I LOVE competition! BUT i've seen the men that some MOBs end up with and frankly I'd have to say --I'LL PASS! As i suspect many american women have as well, hence the reason the men travel half way around the world in search of a desperate female that won't pass. Not much competition there

* As for the "Christian" comment crack pot. Hmm well i don't recall the bible being too keen on prostitution or golddigging for that matter.
And while I ADMIT i can be a bit harsh in how I express my opinion, I must say that I am harsh when it comes to this topic for two reasons

1) I still believe in PURE love for love's sake . Not for money or greencard or any other reason. When one hooks a man for money or a greencard or reasons other than for LOVE it cheapens both people and tramples on the need we have as human beings for LOVE to continue to exist. It diminishes the HOPE of ever finding love and therefore our capacity to LOVE.

2)It's because i do believe in "sisterhood" solidarity that i am so harsh.
I am sick of seeing my "sisters" belittle themselves and give up on hope and life to the extent that they betray their own morals, beliefs, values in a desperate act to seek a life they believe will be better and which in many cases it is not.
And this is not just "foreign sisters" this is "American sisters" as well.
By the way has some of you seen what happens to mail order brides who post ads? Some of them end up kidnapped and forced into sexual slavery all because they thought they were dealing with agencies that placed brides and instead they find themselves in the underground world of slave labor or as sex slaves with no hope of getting out or being rescued.

So attack me as much as you wish, however, one FACT will always remain
Being a Mail Order Bride for the sake of landing a man with money or for a greencard is unequivically WRONG on all levels.
 ladydallas
Msg: 1010
view profile
History
Mail order brides
Posted: 9/22/2007 7:59:15 AM
One more note--
For the record, i'd rather give a MOB who's educated, intelligent and fluent in the English language a job and have her come here on a WORK VISA than to have her end up with some old geezer that's 30 years older than her looking for a tight A*SS to s*C*r*e*w*
 ladydallas
Msg: 1011
view profile
History
Mail order brides
Posted: 9/22/2007 8:24:10 AM
The following quote is from Megera who approaches to subject of MOB from different views.
VERY WELL DONE MEGERA!

5. I can tell you the other side of a horror stories about “mail-order brides” One woman (musician, college degree) married an American man, posing as a wealthy, stable man looking for a family to start. In reality he was a looser, no job, and no assets. After a couple of years of struggle she returned home in Russia, he had taken that as a personal insult, came after her, begged her to get back with him , lured her back and strangled her in his garage the very first day upon her return. Another woman “married” a guy who purchased a life insurance for her and her kids, moved her in the house under the construction and set up the gas leak in it. Another one, “husband” had taken wife’s passport, was pimping her. Don’t tell me they deserve any of it jus because they are form the different country, speak language other than English, or plain being naïve and trusting!
6. Dear American men, stop bashing American women. Face the fact that YOU created the problem. I see feminism as the necessary evil in this country. When you will establish that women deserve the equal (= , the same, identical) salary, professional recognition and career promotion as men do, when you will accept that we are different but EQUALLY important in this life, when you will low the level of hypocrisy in this society and when you will define for yourselves what women do you need: free spirited or obedient- then you will have what you want in your own home. But this is another topic….

Anyway, what I want to say I do consider “mail-order bride” term as a derogatory one. I do acknowledge the existence of dishonest people who deserve to be called that way though. I do believe that happiness is not limited to one country, one language or one culture. And I hope for happily ever after for all ….
 H2OTAP
Msg: 1012
view profile
History
Mail order brides
Posted: 9/22/2007 9:04:23 AM
Are there any MOM = Mail Order Men...?

.... Thought I'd put that out there...
 dreadstalker
Msg: 1013
Mail order brides
Posted: 9/22/2007 9:17:34 AM
dallas the simple fact is you are painting all the MOBs with the same broad paintbrush. Who are you to say on whether someone is marrying for money (sounds like a lot of western women) , a green card or for love when you don't know the person in question. Just your opinion true, but it is a opinion that shows your true character.
 Svetlana12
Msg: 1014
view profile
History
Mail order brides
Posted: 9/22/2007 10:16:43 AM
Dear LadyDallas!
You didn't say that all Russian women are evil or mean. No, you didn't.
You said that most of Russian women are even worse. Housekeepers and so on.
But is is not a problem.
Russian mentality is different. And most Russian women I met in The USA work.

I would like to explain the word Marriage as most Russian women and Russian society understand it.
Marriage for Love and Marriage for Money, For Convenience (A Green Card in that case). What is the First in the Russian society? Convenience.
This is wonderful when people marry for Love and For Convenience. They have both in one bottle!
If there is no Love in the Marrige, it is not a problem. Convenience MUST BE!
If it is only Love in the relationship, it will be much better for the couple to live together as Lovers without any marriage. This is not a question of Marriage.
Today the man and the woman love each other, tomorrow they won't. This is their business. They don't need to divorce.
Marriage is a social matter. The couple will divorce. In Russia the divorce is easy.
In The USA the divorce is difficult and expensive.

I think you are smart girl I like your 5 points.
What for to call other women names?
Russian women are not better and not worse than others.
Just women...from the third world nighmare
 Andreeva
Msg: 1015
Mail order brides
Posted: 9/22/2007 10:39:59 AM
I am from Eastern Europe, not Russia and I don’t think my country is in the Third World if it is member of EU.
How I see it:
Most of the women on those web sites do not know that they are called MOB. Most of the time they do not have PC or internet access and there those sites are promoted as dating services. They don’t know how or can’t get on POF or any of the free dating websites simply because to own PC and have internet access there is still too expensive. Some of them do not speak English but they speak French or German or some other western language. So they need some one to help them with making the profile or translating for them. After they establish some kind of contact I bet most of the time they are on their own.
Why they are looking for husbands out of their own country? Something I have noticed here is that American men are not marriage strike/as some other tread here stated/. However most of the men in Europe are. I don’t know the statistic’s: are more men than women here or there but the other problem I have noticed there is that not too many men want to take care of kids that are not their own. American men don’t have problem with that.

So are those services illegal?-No. Are they immoral?-No. They are one more service some one smart enough found market for.
The problem comes from the fact that a lot of the men who would consider using that kind of service are having some self esteem issues. They want wife who will be depending on them for support or they can always threat her with INS and deportation. And with the same talking a lot of the women there are looking for some way to get out of the country. There is a black sheep in every flock. But I think that both sides start with the good intentions of trying to find their soul mate. Some one who will love them, respect them and grow old together.
I don’t think it is good idea to go on that kind of websites simply because I don’t think that the Idea of long distance relationship could work. And I am talking real long distance, not just New York –Seattle.
When you are too far to be able to get together often and long time enough, and see for your self who the kind, gentle, caring person form the e-mails is any relationship is predestinated to fail.
I don’t know how they call those websites there but if you think about it. Men are paying here to be able to get it touch with potential wife and women are paying there to be able to get in touch with potential husband. Could they be called Mail Order Groom? Sound good to me.

Now what is the difference form POF and MOB? POF is free MOB-not. People on POF speak better English /some time/ on MOB they need translation. Making contact here is faster and easier. But if you are considering getting married to some one oversees you can definitely use MOB legal help.

Good luck shopping
 BeeReel
Msg: 1016
Mail order brides
Posted: 9/23/2007 7:16:08 AM

tkd, glad to see your last post. I have gotten great results with several small snacks a day. My doctor told me it will help with the metabolism and immune system. I am also under 200 but shorter than you so I feel I have a ways to go. I do have to wonder what changed your attitude?

HUH???? Lost here.

Yeah Im lost too. Im wondering why my post about the mail order dolls (www.realdolls.com) was removed but the post about someones health conditions is still posted. Who is more off topic? I was addressing the topic, as well as a previous post. There is obvious bias going on here. If you dont like my opinion, fine. Address that. Dont just censor me, thats the thing that ruin threads.:modhammer:
 islgurl
Msg: 1017
Mail order brides
Posted: 9/23/2007 7:26:29 AM

Yeah Im lost too. Im wondering why my post about the mail order dolls (www.realdolls.com) was removed but the post about someones health conditions is still posted. Who is more off topic? I was addressing the topic, as well as a previous post. There is obvious bias going on here. If you dont like my opinion, fine. Address that. Dont just censor me, thats the thing that ruin threads.:modhammer:

I am told that the thread-nazis CAN be somewhat "biased" at times.....sad sigh.

BUT beereel, check out the link you posted....it isn't mail order dolls...ummmm....it's a teen-etc sex site. OOPS>! May be why you got deleted?
 BeeReel
Msg: 1018
Mail order brides
Posted: 9/23/2007 7:38:11 AM
Andreeva, I think you are making broad generalizations about the women who are "MOBs", and about the type of men that meet them. You say that a long distance is farther than NY-SEA. Well.. a phone call is a phone call. How far is long distance? Alot of relationships start on the computer from long distances. It sounds to me like this is a culture issue for you. The difference in culture is great from NY to Bejing. But from NY-SEA, not so much. The methods of communication are the same. You say bring on the mail order grooms. Should I tell you that you wouldnt work with tall dark chisled Italian man because he lives too far away? Or because his English isnt great? Are there too many cultural diffs? Like a previous post stated: This has been done for hundreds of years. Many men in the US military met women and got married when they were serving over seas in WWII. How is that any different from meeting a foreign woman on the internet? I'll tell you how... BECAUSE WE GET A CHANCE TO LOVE YOU FOR YOUR MIIIIIND FIRST!!!
 Lady Paradox
Msg: 1019
Mail order brides
Posted: 9/23/2007 8:27:37 AM
Just thinking here... Can Ms. Cleopatra of Egypt be considered as the first known mail-order bride? After all she was delivered as a package to Mr. Guy Julius Caesar, a foreigner…
 joebobbriggs
Msg: 1020
Mail order brides
Posted: 9/23/2007 8:31:10 AM
The old American West was partially settled with Mail Order Brides from 'back East" all during the 1870's and 80's. They answered only a newspaper ad without a photo and a few letters. It is as American as apple pie...

JoeBob
 White-Nite
Msg: 1021
Mail order brides
Posted: 9/23/2007 8:41:13 AM
I just had a look at some EU beauties here on POF. I just went to Advanced Search, changed the country to Ukraine and Russia and kept the rest of my parameters the same. Although there aren't that many profiles, you can get a good comparison between how they write their profiles and what women from other countries put in theirs.

These women share the outlook of many women I met while traveling in their countries. They are looking for love, and are far from desperate. Those who are so against women from other cultures marrying western men may benefit from having a look and seeing why the men find them attractive.
 joebobbriggs
Msg: 1022
Mail order brides
Posted: 9/23/2007 9:03:30 AM
You are absolutely on target White-Nite...

JoeBob
 dowadiddy
Msg: 1023
Mail order brides
Posted: 9/23/2007 11:32:27 AM
I too am another male who is looseing respect for women born in this country . They are becomeing to selfish , It seems like no matter how much you do for them , it ends up never enough . I'm looking for someone who can be satisfied with what I can give even if I have too look in another country .
 nicholas02
Msg: 1024
view profile
History
Mail order brides
Posted: 9/23/2007 12:20:02 PM
One thing forsure, stay away from the Philippines. I was married in Manile in May, 2002 to a 21 year old girl. While waiting for her paper work to finish, she cheated the whole time. I found out in early 2004, when she was here in the US.
So I sent her packing, the girls have it in there mind, that everyone here in the US is rich and dunb, They think as long as you don't catch them it's ok to cheat. I have 7 or 8 in the Philippines now that I do chat with, 4 or 5 say they love me, but who is real, so what I plan to do is go over and try them out, and use them for a change. Because I have lots of friends that the same thing has happened too, with girls from the Philippines.
John
 White-Nite
Msg: 1025
Mail order brides
Posted: 9/23/2007 1:36:40 PM

I have 7 or 8 in the Philippines now that I do chat with, 4 or 5 say they love me, but who is real, so what I plan to do is go over and try them out, and use them for a change.

Nicholas, you're better than that. I've been to the Philippines as well and met all sorts of people there. I'm sure some are cheaters and I'm equally sure that some are not. Using people because one person perhaps used you doesn't make sense.

Best of luck in your search.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Mail order brides[Closed/Mod Review]