Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Mail order brides[Closed/Mod Review]      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cubanguy
Msg: 1001
view profile
History
Mail order bridesPage 41 of 46    (6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46)
www.mailorderhusbands.net/order/

- and previous msg 987
 dreadstalker
Msg: 1002
Mail order brides
Posted: 9/14/2007 9:58:10 PM
Dare to

For heavens sake guys surely you can see why we are defensive when you say the things you are saying about western women. FOR CHRISTS SAKE..WE ARE NOT ALL LIKE THAT

Surely you can see that it is a product of so many men receiving the same kind of attitude from women that you are accusing us of doing.
After so many times of being on the receiving end of attitudes and in some cases outright hate it would be un-natural to expect the guys not to start looking elsewhere.

Fact remains though, many of you have outdated misconceptions on the so-called mail-order- brides.
You don't sign a contract.
You are not expected to marry quickly, in fact most sites recommend that a real life relationship be established before any consideration is even given to marriage.( kind of like seeking long term on a date site huh).
It is not an automatic progression.

It is not a catalog sales, and all the wise asses to the contrary nobody arrives by mail.
 2 girls short of a 3some
Msg: 1003
Mail order brides
Posted: 9/15/2007 12:44:17 AM
FOR CHRISTS SAKE..WE ARE NOT ALL LIKE THAT!!!!!!

I have searched far and wide , high and low for a western woman to prove they are not all like that as you suggest

i have yet to find one and I sincerly believe I never will
 Dare to
Msg: 1004
Mail order brides
Posted: 9/16/2007 5:35:11 PM
^^^^^ All i can say is they are out there.... I have come across the women that you are talking about and the way they treated their men made me ashamed to be a woman. But i also know many Australian women who treat their men well and have happy relationships. Just gotta keep looking...
 Commanchero
Msg: 1005
Mail order brides
Posted: 9/16/2007 7:02:07 PM
Yes they can work. They can work really good. Not all those women are bad. There are some really nice, high quality women over there. More like the women here were about fifty years ago. There are ways to get a good one.......
 tall.cold.1
Msg: 1006
Mail order brides
Posted: 9/16/2007 8:12:51 PM
I've been to Latin America several times and I got laid EVERY single time I was down there. If a guy can't get a sex partner, girlfriend, or wife in Latin America, he's not breathing. Most of the American women I've been around (Mom, stepmoms, and the 2 female roommates I've had -- included) have been argumentative and confrontational, wanting to control everything. I'm not about all that. I'm not for a woman to be a doormat either, and Latinas definitely aren't doormats! Once they realize they can have a relationship with a guy who's NOT going to cheat on her, that's what they will strive for. But that's the Latinas in Latin America, not the ones who have gone through our public school system and become Americanized. The Latinas who grew up here are for all practical purposes coconuts, brown on the outside and white on the inside.
 islgurl
Msg: 1007
Mail order brides
Posted: 9/16/2007 8:26:15 PM
FUNNY Cubanguy! REALLY funny! Is there a female twin site to that one??
Laughed my buttocks off!
 islgurl
Msg: 1008
Mail order brides
Posted: 9/16/2007 8:28:53 PM
And tkdblake? JEEZ! 35 and you are already THAT jaded????? SHEESH! Too bad .So sad.
 tall.cold.1
Msg: 1009
Mail order brides
Posted: 9/16/2007 9:23:57 PM
Yeah, I'm jaded when it comes to American women. Either she's in her early 20s and still in "high-school mode" and would rather date and/or have sex with REAL losers who are high-school dropouts without a job and living at home with parents than someone who takes life (and their job) much more seriously. Or she's already had kids with a guy like that and is now looking for a responsible, "financially secure" guy to help her take care of them. Prove me wrong!
 2 girls short of a 3some
Msg: 1010
Mail order brides
Posted: 9/17/2007 12:02:52 AM
^^^^^ I have to agree with the above statement -- happens down south here as well
 incognito100
Msg: 1011
Mail order brides
Posted: 9/17/2007 6:32:29 AM
Wouldn't trust mail order brides far too many scams out there. you better be careful.
 Politigal
Msg: 1012
view profile
History
Mail order brides
Posted: 9/17/2007 7:05:00 AM
Coconuts, huh? I couldn't possibly imagine why you've had bad luck with "americanized" women. Not even a teensy tiny clue.

As for the mail-order question. It works for some people, but to my mind the relationship is inherently unbalanced from the beginning. If this is acceptable to both parties, then more power to them. Personally I couldn't do it.
 alexandria_gal
Msg: 1013
view profile
History
Mail order brides
Posted: 9/17/2007 7:26:53 AM
You are not expected to marry quickly, in fact most sites recommend that a real life relationship be established before any consideration is even given to marriage.( kind of like seeking long term on a date site huh).

The whole mail order bride process isn't amenable to this process.

Pretty much the whole reason men seek mail order brides is because they don't want a "Western" woman. So this means she's going to live pretty far away.

Let's say you live in the United States and you meet someone in Singapore. First of all you need to go to Singapore and meet this person. If you decide not to marry right away that involves very expensive travel back and forth to Singapore -- expense probably being borne by the man.

Unless you have a business that takes you in and out of Singapore, you're going to be racking up some big expenses for air fare. And you're probably not going to see each other more than once or twice a year.

Most people can't do this for two or three years, and even if you do, you're not going to be spending much time together.

If you bring your intended to the US on a fiancee visa you have 90 days to marry her and if you don't it will be hard to get another one.

Long distance within the US, or even between the US and Canada is not as involved, and it's a lot easier to see someone often who's 1,000 or 2,000 miles away than someone who's 10,,000 or 12,000 miles away.

ManeRider
Msg: 1014
view profile
History
Mail order brides
Posted: 9/17/2007 7:41:44 AM

Everytime I see a list of mens wants it depresses me because I can really never live up to what they want. I am independant at this point because MEN don't want ME. Not the other way around. And to hear men speak so highly of women in other countries and completely trash women of western descent is humiliating to us. Just because you haven't found someone in the US that is all you want and more does not mean you have to bash all of us by saying Western women are crude, rude human beings. The men I have met are not exactly what I'm looking for but I don't sit there calling them worthless, self absorbed jerks who could care less how I feel. Men and women are hurtful everyday to the opposite sex and it seems in this forum men are just being flat out rude (shybynature)

Shy, hello again, dear. It's good to see you strokin the keyboard.
I think tdblake sums up my thoughts nicely.

Yeah, I'm jaded when it comes to American women. Either she's in her early 20s and still in "high-school mode" and would rather date and/or have sex with REAL losers who are high-school dropouts without a job and living at home with parents than someone who takes life (and their job) much more seriously. Or she's already had kids with a guy like that and is now looking for a responsible, "financially secure" guy to help her take care of them (tdblake)

What amazes me is how succinctly Tdblake puts this into context. I know precisely how accurate this is, as I have witnessed it innumerable times.

For all the women who are getting their feathers ruffled here, ask the guys who've gone out of their way to find a bride from a country of different origin why . It's because after years of singles life, dating/courting/dazzling women they find attractive here in the western world, they've grown tired of the games these women play. They must feel like they're not willing to continue the charade another 10 years, primarily because they're not in their 20's or even 30's anymore. Time is a commodity, and they've decided to use their time more wisely. How many times have you heard of a girl who accepted a wedding ring, only to deny the marriage, but still kept the ring as a "consolation gift". Womens "independance" has run amuck. We know full well not all western women are this way, but the numbers are so vastly overwhelming that it has now become commonplace for men to seek their love elsewhere.
As Tdblake describes, women make seriously dysfunctional choices. They'd take a loser/derelict/circus clown with an overly**** attitude, over a sensible, secure man. I'm personal witness to this, and with impunity. Why this happens is something only the women can answer. And in truth, women have the keys to turn things around. But men are tired of western womens attitudes and their contempt for western men.
But TDBlake sums it up when he illustrates the ones who drop the secure guy for a loser guy, who knocks her up, and then she looks for another secure guy to come along and take care of her and the loser guys baby.

Man, that's poetry.
 BeeReel
Msg: 1015
Mail order brides
Posted: 9/17/2007 7:47:59 AM
shybynature I totally understand your point of view. Some of the guys I know are like that. Alot of guys are jerks. You have to hang in there! There are nice guys out there. I have recently had to start opening my mind to girls that I might have not dated when I was younger. Not because I am "lowering my standards". But because now I might not care if someone has different interests than I do. I think I want someone who has things they could teach me about. As you get older I think the key is to keep opening your mind to more and more possibilities (for example foreign women). Because the older you get, the more unique you life gets. Its harder to have so many requirements for someone. I believe that is the biggest pitfall of dating. Having a mold someone has to fit (must be living in my country, must like nascar, must be into inflatable goats etc etc.)
 BeeReel
Msg: 1016
Mail order brides
Posted: 9/17/2007 8:04:13 AM
AND SHES BACK! For all of you who missed her insulting sour brit humor!!

Ok dea, If you arent single WHY ARE YOU ON A DATING WEBSITE!!!!????

Just here to complain?
 HB2
Msg: 1017
Mail order brides
Posted: 9/17/2007 8:21:52 AM
All you have to do is read some of the male profiles & you'll know why the pajority of them are looking overseas...
Read their posts & you have the rest of the story...

However, there was a time when the mail order bride was very popular...
She would move to the wild, wild west/islands/the yukon, etc.
And yes, most of the time marriage was immediate...

I lived what I thought was an old-fashioned marriage for almost 17 years...
Until we had a disagreement:
He had a girlfiend & I disagreed...

Can I give that kind of trust again?
I truly hope so...

Do I abhorr the men seeking a mail order bride?
No

Is it crazy to seek one?
No
Hey my family about had a collective stroke when they found out I'm online!
 swamp thing
Msg: 1018
Mail order brides
Posted: 9/17/2007 8:23:44 AM

All you have to do is read some of the male profiles & you'll know why the pajority of them are looking overseas...
Read their posts & you have the rest of the story...
Or read the women's to understand why the men are looking.
 HB2
Msg: 1019
Mail order brides
Posted: 9/17/2007 8:35:42 AM

Ok let me be totally honest here:

I'd be a lousy mail order bride because I'd like a relationship full of love, passion, joy, fun & honesty
I'm just a sap by todays standards ok?

If it makes you happy then go for it guys!
Chase your dreams until you find them...
 ManeRider
Msg: 1020
view profile
History
Mail order brides
Posted: 9/17/2007 8:40:36 AM

Or read the women's to understand why the men are looking

Or just try making conversation thru email, and see how much response you get.
(NIL)
Women simply have far far too many choices. A good looking woman can get upwards of 100 emails a day, and easily in a week, yet, a good looking guy still can't get a selection to choose from;
unless he's selecting from grannies with wet panties.
 HB2
Msg: 1021
Mail order brides
Posted: 9/17/2007 9:06:34 AM
Nobody wants to appear vulnerable...
So we all act/post like a bunch of hard asses...

How many of us watch all those "looking for love" shows?
I think they're kinda silly myself...

They wouldn't be on tv unless they got the ratings & let's face it they do get them!

Also, JMO, but isn't THIS a bit like the mail order bride anyway?
 little_mermaid
Msg: 1022
Mail order brides
Posted: 9/17/2007 9:52:14 AM
Whatever you focus your mind on..is what your going to get. Even if your suggesting to yourself this is what I don't want. So men if your looking for a woman period mail order or the western woman who lives down the lane...visualize the things and focus on the positive things your looking for. I as a woman am learning this myself. So ladies we also should do this. Fill your head and heart with things that are useful not things that drag you down.
 Schadenfreudian
Msg: 1023
Mail order brides
Posted: 9/17/2007 10:39:30 AM
^^^^ Maybe you should scan the thread on the "Marriage Strike" [a term I don't particularly like because it implies something and, in so doing, misses the point entirely]. So many of the forum topics have at least tangential relevance.
 MR_MYSTIC
Msg: 1024
view profile
History
Mail order brides
Posted: 9/17/2007 3:24:32 PM
Can see your point but that is labeling all men the same , we have different reasons and not all bad , i myself would consider a mail order bride and would treat her exactly the same as a wife from anywhere , the reason i would consider one is i am more attracted to foriegn ,darker skin ladies , and people from most other countrys have more respect and are more trustworthy ,this is of my opinion also more are religious this helps with trust....steve
 tjay14u
Msg: 1025
Mail order brides
Posted: 9/17/2007 3:29:24 PM
OK, I'm sold! Where do I get the catalog and is it in English?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Mail order brides[Closed/Mod Review]