Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Stargazer46
Msg: 10
Very DisappointedPage 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Well. . . i just pulled my profile. As of a few weeks ago someone on this site has inspired me to take a leap of faith. (a very very slow one, but hey: a leap is a leap, right?) I'm no multi-tasker when it comes to things of the heart. I'm one woman; one very good man would be a dream come true. Yes, i've have had my share of broken dreams. But there may just be something worth believing in this gentleman. I may be disappointed in the end. But i'm sure as heaven loving the way the beginning of this is feeling. . . So i'm jumping in. And staying in. Hopefully for longer than shorter :)
 a_realistic_wish
Msg: 13
Very Disappointed
Posted: 7/7/2006 7:52:04 PM
Necosino... I agree with your comment about meeting someone in person as soon as possible. Just a simple public meeting, no dinners, no expectations. Sadly on the internet many people pretend to be what they want to be not what they are. After years of being online I made a comment to a friend one day... 'I just can not understand why people can not be honest', she summed it up very well. Life is hard for many people they are looking for an escape ...looking online to find what they think they are missing in life treating strangers better than they treat their spouses.

I have traveled quite a bit to different places always trying to find things I like .. not just the person that way if it does not work you enjoyed yourself too!

Good luck everyone and have a blessed day!

j
 rightshoe4u
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Very Disappointed
Posted: 7/8/2006 4:44:01 AM
AMEN brother! Thank You! Well stated. Ah the book I could write about experiences on other sites. lol
I have been a member here less than a week. A lady friend suggested it to me. I wrote half a dozen emails or so. I got a couple replies & several no replies. No worries, you can't expect everything, & some may be swamped with emails or as you say hasn't logged in in a bit.
I have actually received more contacting me first, which has totally amazed me! I'm no Tarzan, nor Fred Flintstone! LOL Thank You to the genuine people here, I think this is a terrific site! Two thumbs up! lol
Dating is not easy, real life or internet. I think you get out of it what you put into it. As they suggest, recent or accurate photos & well written profiles of what you are & are seeking are the keys to success.
Hope to write a more permanent testimonial in the future! Good Luck all & keep the faith, there is someone for everyone! I think this forum section is a real riot sometimes! LOL
 Stargazer46
Msg: 27
disapointed too
Posted: 7/12/2006 4:28:33 AM
Profile's back up. Dating's changed for sure! But the real deal romance hasn't, and sooner or later here's hoping!
 harryv05
Msg: 33
Very Disappointed
Posted: 7/15/2006 8:22:17 AM
I HAVE BVEEN ON THREE OF THESE SITES FOR TWO AND ONE HALF MONTHS, AND WHILE MANY OF THE PEOPLE ARE NOT TOO SHARP, I HAVE MET SOME VERY HIGH QUALITY PEOPLE. I HAVE EVEN ASKED THEM: " WHY IN THE HELL ARE YOU ON THIS SITE?" I AM NEW TO HOUSTON, SO IT IS PROBABLY THE BEST WAY TO MEET NEW PEOPLE. BUT OLDER WOMEN WHO ARE VERY SHARP DON'T WANT TO BE A PART OF THE BAR SCENE, AND FIND THAT A QUIET MEETING AND CONVERSATION IS THE BEST WAY TO MEET. ALL MEETINGS ARE NOT SUCCESSFUL, BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN THAT THE PEOPLE ARE NOT OK. IT SIMPLY MEANS THAT THERE IS NO CHEMISTRY, OR OBVIOUS DIFFERENCES COME TO THE FORE. I HAVE MADE A COUPLE OF VERY GOOD FRIENDS WITH WOMEN THAT I HAVE NO ROMANTIC CONNECTION WITH---IT IS NICE TO WRITE BACK AND FORTH. I THINK TOO MANY PEOPLE ARE EXPECTING TOO MUCH, AND IT JUST CAN'T HAPPEN. IT'S PROBABLY THE BEST SYSTEN THERE IS TODAY.
 The Black wolf
Msg: 41
Very Disappointed
Posted: 12/7/2008 2:59:31 AM
Put this way OP i have been on pof,mingle 2,and a few other sites and all i seen so far is to much drama where there say im not ready for a relationship,i been hurt,or some judge you for your looks or if you dont have a home or a car etc they rather not know who you are and think of you as a looser.

I even had a few say there interested in the past year and decide to chat on yahoo or on msn and after a couple days later i never hear from them again i know it's not me because i respect those i chat with .

In other ways i find if i post a joke or post something in here it gets deleted claime its a pitty thread now i would take this to another site such as mingle 2 it stays there and i get posative feed back amazing ha.

I just dont understand why some people put in there profile looking for long term relationship but when you get chatting there turn around and say im not ready or say i been hurt to many times then i would ask them why are they looking if they cant get over there hurt or feelings i believe its a way for them to get attention .

I think one of my reasons why i dont bother writing any one is that no matter how nice i can be and thank them for looking at my profile i always get that read and delete but again the same people who read and delete my letters come back and look at my profile again its like omg .

I say to myself if they read my letter i write them then decide to delete it but then go back review my profile again you would think if they where that interested in the first place they would reply to your letter so it can be very disappointed and very stress ful i believe some injoy it and treat it as a game

Its like weeding a garden. You have to pull the weeds to get to the fruit!!

Well dont you know that weeds grow faster then fruit and weeds spread like a brush fire
 The Black wolf
Msg: 42
Very Disappointed
Posted: 8/13/2009 3:26:07 PM
I learn something a long time ago nothing in this world is free .But in any case the main moral of this story you can never judge a book by it's cover .

It's all good in writing and in a profile but theres a differnce between a profile and meeting that person. Some pretend or lie or even ask for attention or there very alone but when it boils down to wanting to chat or meet or even messenger they get cold feet and run away.

Or some put up older pictures maybe there afraied that the other wont find them attactive who know's but in any case i have ask many women on here in the past year this question why do you put in your profile "seeking long tearm relationship" then say your not ready for a relationship or why give me your email for yahoo etc if you are not going to get to know me or take the time it just dont make sense .

I had my share of people on here who read delete my mesages or i spoke to maybe 1 or 2 nights never hear from them again the way i see it it was not ment to be and i move on and yes it can be very disappointed but i move on .

But my fav exscuse i hear is even though they want a relationship is they dont have the time or to busy or something else then why be on a dating site if theres is no time?
Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  >