Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 redatsun
Msg: 17
disapointed tooPage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
to lishasunrise
robert here from canada
i know what you mean about people "playing"
but ever went to a bar and try to meet girls whooa get real gurl and the guys are ether showing off there "trophies" or are there to get laid or into a fight just because you just said hi to there "trophy"
yes ,i put on my coat several times and got out and went to the mountains with the stars at night and all the happyness around me just the wind and the warmth of the new hotsprings that im sitting in surounded with candels and nobody there other than the odd coucar or the odd bear in the woods
now thats life that we all should enjoy and not the bar
i,ve met a lot of very nce people in the wood and if you need help you are welcomed with open arms ,and if they need help you do the same ,simple rule and it works great
so with it gurl get back to nature and nature will find you and you will be happy with the "caveman"that you just found so trow away your briefcase persona and get "NAKED" gurl
you will be much more happyer than hanging out at the bar looking for mister pretender
only "REAL" girls don,t wear makeup
like that saying goes "ALL THE WORLD,S A STAGE AND WE ARE MEARLY PLAYERS"
 redatsun
Msg: 18
Very Disappointed
Posted: 7/8/2006 2:30:24 AM
yeah all you girls think that way
just guys looking for a f well thats bull
i,ve tried and got several replies and when they phoned me me for a date it was like "money up front babe" you can meet there so on and on
so if you read this don,t think that "all" men are pervs a lot of you woman are just the same so good luck babe
AND WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE !
 rightshoe4u
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Very Disappointed
Posted: 7/8/2006 4:44:01 AM
AMEN brother! Thank You! Well stated. Ah the book I could write about experiences on other sites. lol
I have been a member here less than a week. A lady friend suggested it to me. I wrote half a dozen emails or so. I got a couple replies & several no replies. No worries, you can't expect everything, & some may be swamped with emails or as you say hasn't logged in in a bit.
I have actually received more contacting me first, which has totally amazed me! I'm no Tarzan, nor Fred Flintstone! LOL Thank You to the genuine people here, I think this is a terrific site! Two thumbs up! lol
Dating is not easy, real life or internet. I think you get out of it what you put into it. As they suggest, recent or accurate photos & well written profiles of what you are & are seeking are the keys to success.
Hope to write a more permanent testimonial in the future! Good Luck all & keep the faith, there is someone for everyone! I think this forum section is a real riot sometimes! LOL
 venusianmule
Msg: 20
Very Disappointed
Posted: 7/8/2006 3:56:28 PM
eeeh....the annonimity of the internet allows people to be honest too, i have learned that women are just as shallow as men! its kind of a relief! now i don't feel quite so guilty about being a MAN. i didn't post a photo in the case that it somehow found its way to my place of employment- copied and stapled everywhere! i did add that i "have" a photo if asked... well, you guess.... few, if any responses. i intentionally look at the ads without photos too, in case someone else is in the same boat as me...plus im interested in what someone has to say. i don't know if they just don't bother because there is no pic or what, nor do i care now really anyway. since it is the internet, you really don't know who's full of **** and who's not.
and i have reason to believe there are more that are than aren't.
Now for the harsh part.....
ladies: pictures- forget the Glamour Shot from 1986, you don't look like that anymore!
a current pic is your best bet. if you show me a pic in which you are 70lbs lighter and we meet for dinner, i WILL leave you there, with the check..... you started it by lying. why would i think you would be honest about anything else?
-average- is just too subjective. i put average in my profile because im almost 40 and i don't LIVE in a gym, i do stay fit but not brad pit- so i put average. then as i strolled through the friendly neighborhood wal-mart one day, i realized that "average" is huge for women AND men.
a height and weight would be nice. by being upfront and honest you would avoid the former scenario AND find someone who would love you for you AND not waste anyone elses time.
personally, i dont have a problem with a woman that is overweight if its not a health problem. obesity is a health problem. 20lbs is life.
if you aren't posting a pic be ready and willing to exchange one with someone who may be interested in you... if not,just get off.
and please no kids and dogs, i love kids and dogs but initially im looking at YOU.
guys: you are all liars.
really, i think the guys lie just as much as the ladies and one of the lies is height. im 5'7 in bare feet. thats short. so what. i've got a fairly decent build that may offset it but i have never had a problem with it. if someone else does...wah.
im guessing if everyone would BE REAL there would be more success but the truth is not everyone is here to BE REAL. good luck to all the rest of you... as for me im just going to sleep with some of the neighbors until my mail order bride comes....
 CuteNPerky2
Msg: 26
Very Disappointed
Posted: 7/10/2006 3:12:18 PM
I just think married men who lie and say they are divorced and or single are the lowest people on earth. Thats basically what I have come accross why I changed my profile to looking for just friends. I just wish people would be more honest its very sad that they come on the interenet to play games. At least in real life you can see what the person looks like. Most people though that i met from the internet actually looked better then there pictures believe it or not. I guess there wifes made sure they looked good all the time or soemthing. oh well sorry for my ****ing ... :)
 Stargazer46
Msg: 27
disapointed too
Posted: 7/12/2006 4:28:33 AM
Profile's back up. Dating's changed for sure! But the real deal romance hasn't, and sooner or later here's hoping!
 harryv05
Msg: 33
Very Disappointed
Posted: 7/15/2006 8:22:17 AM
I HAVE BVEEN ON THREE OF THESE SITES FOR TWO AND ONE HALF MONTHS, AND WHILE MANY OF THE PEOPLE ARE NOT TOO SHARP, I HAVE MET SOME VERY HIGH QUALITY PEOPLE. I HAVE EVEN ASKED THEM: " WHY IN THE HELL ARE YOU ON THIS SITE?" I AM NEW TO HOUSTON, SO IT IS PROBABLY THE BEST WAY TO MEET NEW PEOPLE. BUT OLDER WOMEN WHO ARE VERY SHARP DON'T WANT TO BE A PART OF THE BAR SCENE, AND FIND THAT A QUIET MEETING AND CONVERSATION IS THE BEST WAY TO MEET. ALL MEETINGS ARE NOT SUCCESSFUL, BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN THAT THE PEOPLE ARE NOT OK. IT SIMPLY MEANS THAT THERE IS NO CHEMISTRY, OR OBVIOUS DIFFERENCES COME TO THE FORE. I HAVE MADE A COUPLE OF VERY GOOD FRIENDS WITH WOMEN THAT I HAVE NO ROMANTIC CONNECTION WITH---IT IS NICE TO WRITE BACK AND FORTH. I THINK TOO MANY PEOPLE ARE EXPECTING TOO MUCH, AND IT JUST CAN'T HAPPEN. IT'S PROBABLY THE BEST SYSTEN THERE IS TODAY.
 Mr. Ivan
Msg: 34
Very Disappointed
Posted: 7/31/2006 7:47:59 PM
I'm serious and honest. I don't like online chats much. I want to meet somebody.

RIGHT?

mystery_p16
Msg: 36
To Guys !
Posted: 7/31/2006 9:38:17 PM
Hi guys,

Once I contacted a lady with many pictures. Because I am so honest about people, in her first reply she confessed that she is a guy. He was here to do some research about guys (for his project with the university). He said that guys are so stupid and I have to admit it myself. (Sorry about that guys) but I just tell you this. When you see a nice picture you add her in your favorite list, then, I look at her profile and she said:

“I edit my profile later LOL”

She even said for drugs

I prefer not to say.

She is on favorite of 400 guys!!!

Guys open you eyes! You are the men! They are women! Listen what they are talking about. Then, tell them that you like them if they really deserve it.

All the bad guys are getting the good girls!!

Why?

Because they knew what they are exactly doing!

Just look here a girl complained about a guy who was with her for one and half years and then she realized that he is a liar?? After 1 and half years!! Oh my God!!!

They can not even see the truth. They even do not know what they want, so you don’t let them play with you! See how a bad guy plays with all of them, has them all and they are just blind!!

Be smart and listen to what they say! Test them to see if they are the one you want! If they are not, do not waste you time. Just move on to the next one. They are only a few for you and you don’t want to waste your time with the wrong ones.

BTW, this site looks really great!

Good luck,
 desertbryann
Msg: 37
Very Disappointed
Posted: 7/31/2006 9:39:40 PM
Yea, fastbear's post was great. I can't even get someone to email me back most of the time. I've modified my profile 3 or 4 times to make it look better and I've got great photos posted. But it's not just this website that doesn't work (for men) I think it's all dating websites. The main problem is there are far too many men on these dating websites and not enough women. For the attractive/average women it's great, they can usually at least get a date with ease, but men like myself are overlooked, probably because I'm 40 and not wealthy. Or it could also be that the women here in Florida are totally materialistic and shallow. I guess I won't know until I can communicate with one of them. I found out many of the women can get hundreds of emails a day from men, so unless you really stand out you don't have a chance. Every time you get rejected or just deleted via email, it's like taking a good kick in the stomach. I'll keep my profile up, but I'm sure as hell am not sending out any more emails. Believe me, you're not alone in being disapointed.
 BIGBEN1731
Msg: 38
Very Disappointed
Posted: 12/5/2008 5:28:39 PM
im going to be deleting my profile at the end of march 09 i just havent recived any emails and any communication with any of these woman on this site i did how ever got one message she wanted my phone number so i sent her my number next minute shes either blocked me or either she did a magician act on me and she never bothered to ring me as well
 boom09
Msg: 39
Very Disappointed
Posted: 12/5/2008 7:10:57 PM
not one reply; your loss.
 sunkinn
Msg: 40
Very Disappointed
Posted: 12/6/2008 6:00:18 PM
Its like weeding a garden. You have to pull the weeds to get to the fruit!!
 The Black wolf
Msg: 41
Very Disappointed
Posted: 12/7/2008 2:59:31 AM
Put this way OP i have been on pof,mingle 2,and a few other sites and all i seen so far is to much drama where there say im not ready for a relationship,i been hurt,or some judge you for your looks or if you dont have a home or a car etc they rather not know who you are and think of you as a looser.

I even had a few say there interested in the past year and decide to chat on yahoo or on msn and after a couple days later i never hear from them again i know it's not me because i respect those i chat with .

In other ways i find if i post a joke or post something in here it gets deleted claime its a pitty thread now i would take this to another site such as mingle 2 it stays there and i get posative feed back amazing ha.

I just dont understand why some people put in there profile looking for long term relationship but when you get chatting there turn around and say im not ready or say i been hurt to many times then i would ask them why are they looking if they cant get over there hurt or feelings i believe its a way for them to get attention .

I think one of my reasons why i dont bother writing any one is that no matter how nice i can be and thank them for looking at my profile i always get that read and delete but again the same people who read and delete my letters come back and look at my profile again its like omg .

I say to myself if they read my letter i write them then decide to delete it but then go back review my profile again you would think if they where that interested in the first place they would reply to your letter so it can be very disappointed and very stress ful i believe some injoy it and treat it as a game

Its like weeding a garden. You have to pull the weeds to get to the fruit!!

Well dont you know that weeds grow faster then fruit and weeds spread like a brush fire
 The Black wolf
Msg: 42
Very Disappointed
Posted: 8/13/2009 3:26:07 PM
I learn something a long time ago nothing in this world is free .But in any case the main moral of this story you can never judge a book by it's cover .

It's all good in writing and in a profile but theres a differnce between a profile and meeting that person. Some pretend or lie or even ask for attention or there very alone but when it boils down to wanting to chat or meet or even messenger they get cold feet and run away.

Or some put up older pictures maybe there afraied that the other wont find them attactive who know's but in any case i have ask many women on here in the past year this question why do you put in your profile "seeking long tearm relationship" then say your not ready for a relationship or why give me your email for yahoo etc if you are not going to get to know me or take the time it just dont make sense .

I had my share of people on here who read delete my mesages or i spoke to maybe 1 or 2 nights never hear from them again the way i see it it was not ment to be and i move on and yes it can be very disappointed but i move on .

But my fav exscuse i hear is even though they want a relationship is they dont have the time or to busy or something else then why be on a dating site if theres is no time?
Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  >