Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Florida  > nice guys who are romantic?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MrBryce
Msg: 23
nice guys who are romantic?Page 3 of 2    (1, 2)
quit whining, thats the problem with us nice guys, we whine to much. Just shut up about how no women want nice guys, be nice, be romantic, and DON'T WHINE, thats what they don't like.
 mickiesthe1
Msg: 24
nice guys who are romantic?
Posted: 6/28/2005 1:40:44 AM
woman love a romantic man, its the biggest turn on in the world. ?
 malabux
Msg: 25
I still say it's genes
Posted: 7/4/2005 7:08:19 PM

genes are made to be altered and changed.

Probably a late reply but dude, check yourself with this statement, genes are made to keep people a certain way, not to be broken. A dedicated person can try to alter their behavior and mentally overcome their genetic defects.

..Also, anyone ever comment about the skeleton with the knife, and the pic of the knife, in your pics? I guess I shouldn't talk tho since there's an axe in mine!
 Travelor227
Msg: 26
Posted: 7/5/2005 11:02:23 PM
Women want a confident romantic guy.
Take her out to dinner, buy her roses, but show her your not a pushover.
If she does thank you say something!!!!!!!!!!! If she does not give a kiss on the cheek say no more flowers for you!!!!!!!!!!!
 BigKnight
Msg: 27
never given a chance
Posted: 7/12/2005 5:48:49 AM
Hang in there..... the right woman is there. I am so sick and tired of hearing that, I get that all the time, I think that is a womans way of saying somewhere out there is a woman that is wierd enough to not be like all other women and actually like a guy that treats them the way they ought to be treated from day 1. The plain and simple fact is that women say they want a guy that is nice and romantic, when in truth they want a guy that treats them like crap or is a bad boy type. If 75% of women would be honest then 100% of the women would agree that women want that bad boy type. Screw us nice guys who hold to a certain value of treating a women the way she ought to be treated. If women were to start giving the nice guys a chance then there would be less A$$holes out there cause they would realize that is not what women want and maybe they would change. But us nice guys are having to change to A$$holes just so we can get somewhat close to a women. Sorry, but this is true and women who is not like this please let me know, I would love to show you how a woman should be treated.
 Nephilim
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 3/9/2008 4:32:27 AM
If a girl liked a p****y, she would be a lesbian. If you are Mr. Nice Safe, then you are boring or just a good meal ticket. Buy a motorcycle and get a forearm tattoo and you will have more success. I think the trick is to just enjoy your life enough that women will be envious and want to join you. Also, girls are more attracted to biceps than a door being opened for them. Unless you don't seem like the "type" that would open a door. You just have to remember, that if you do things that are romantic, you are really going to have to offset it with something masculine to remind the girl that you do have testicles. Like be romantic, but still be a competition fighter, or pro-bull rider or somethin. It's alot easier to not screw up like that in the first place, then you won't have to worry about being brain damaged by a punch or gored by a bull.
Posted: 3/9/2008 9:53:15 AM
First let me say that I realize there are exceptions to what follows, but I believe those exceptions do more to support the validity of the general rule than to disprove the assertion and I know many will disagree.

I think the human species are basically “builders” and fixers”. Men and women, in general, choose to apply these traits to different areas where they feel their expertise will be most productive. Men have traditionally built and/or fixed things – houses, cars, appliances, etc. Women have traditionally focused more upon children and family. Even women that have become successful captains of industry, I doubt if they would say those accomplishments have a greater importance than their children and family. Of course, there are female technicians and male nurses, but these are the exceptions that validate the rule rather than disprove the rule. We each simply do what we feel we do best. Although I have been in the delivery room for each of my children’s birth, I’m sure that I will never have nor truly understand the bond that develops between a mother and child through the process of giving birth.

That said, the question was why are some women attracted to the “bad boys”. I think rather than seeing a “bad boy”, they see a makeover project whereas if they meet a loving, caring, respectful man, how can they “improve” him? If they can take the “bad boy” and train him to be loving, caring and respectful, they feel they will be admired by their friends and family. “Look what a wonderful partner I have created for myself. Aren’t I a skilled girlfriend/wife because I took that problem I found and made this wonderful man out of it?” Ah, such a sense of accomplishment. Much more rewarding than just finding a great guy and bringing him home.

OK, flame away ladies.
 realblonde7
Msg: 30
Posted: 3/9/2008 8:46:23 PM
I love romance and romantic men! I have no trouble finding lots of them and I, for one, sincerely appreciate it and try to reciprocate in kind.

Romance: takes thinking, planning ahead and take effort. Many people I suppose just are too lazy to make the effort. Too bad. Wine, flowers, candles, dinners, mood music, a verse, a touch, a look, a text message....they're really not that hard to do!

Long live chivalry and romance! I salute the men who make it worth while! Thank you!
 BirdieHat79
Msg: 31
Posted: 12/4/2008 2:35:35 PM
Thank you realblonde 7! I for one would love to meet a guy who is romantic & does stuff like opening the car door for me & pulling my chair out or bringing me flowers just because. Even better if he takes the time to romance me before we go to bed not just has sex & then passes out for the night. It would be great to have a guy who took the time to maybe start out with a rubdown & some foreplay & work up to the sex. Its nice to have a guy who just likes to cuddle who doesn't say your needy cuz he never has time for you. Of course I'd do nice stuff in return like have a favorite dinner waiting & maybe some candles & soft music or something goofy like that. I made the mistake of letting myself be blinded by the excitement of finding my old high school sweetheart again that I didn't see what a jackass he'd become. Maybe he was always that way but I don't remember him that way. Of course I was young & stupid then & he waa my first true love but now I know better. All I want is a guy who appreciates me & who doesn't need to be reminded to be nice & open doors for me & stuff. I may be young but I've seen enough with my mom's two marriages & my sister's marriage & my own personal experiences to know that I deserve someone who will treat me like I deserve to be treated not just call me whenever they don't have anyone else. Any nice guys in the Saint Augustine area I'd love to chat. I know my Mr Right is out there somewhere I just have to keep looking & not lose hope. Later!

BirdieHat79
 Spicy Pomfret
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 12/4/2008 3:14:08 PM
I think it's got a lot to do with culture and the family unit. If someone comes from a good family that is decent and loving, most likely that is what they will look for because that is what they know. If the father figure is missing and the only male around is the bf who may not treat the mother like she should be treated, chances are the children will never know what a real man is supposed to be like.
Society also dictates what is more exciting and what is mundane, so that does play a part as well. Most young women don't realize what they have in a "nice guy" until it's too late. Fortunately some of them learn the hard way and then really appreciate a decent, caring, honest and loving man. The best way to figure out a man is not by how he behaves in front your family and friends but by how he behaves when he is with the guys. That’s when you will see his true colors and whether he respects women or considers them a piece of meat to be used, abused and discarded. Sad but true.
 flcntrygirl80
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 12/8/2008 11:09:12 AM

Dont women like our type anymore?

Love them, but have trouble believing they still exist.
 aprincelyfrog
Msg: 34
Posted: 12/8/2008 11:25:25 AM
Here are the six stages most "girls" go through when they get a nice guy:
1) Joy
2) Acceptance
3) Expectation
4) Tollerance
5) Annoyance
6) Dismisal

Regardless of the time frame, all but the most emotionally whole go through them.
Posted: 12/8/2008 11:38:50 AM
I think it is very genetic.

Guys by nature are hunters. We want to travel the “jungle” and hunt/pursue/capture a beautiful/smart/sexy woman and bring her home to show our trophy to our friends and family saying, “Look what a great hunter I am!”

Women by nature are teachers and nurturers. They want to travel the “jungle” and find an “extreme makeover” project. Bring him home where they can clean him up, train him to be a gentleman and dress him up, then show her trophy off to her friends and family saying, “Remember that boy slump you first met? Look at the wonderful man I made out of him. Aren’t I a great teacher and nurturer?” If he is already clean, trained to be a gentleman and appropriately dressed that’s just no fun.
 kgrl962
Msg: 36
Posted: 12/8/2008 5:17:37 PM
Define Romantic? alot of men and women have diff opinions as far as romance goes,if you come on too strong and flowery,we are gonna think?hmmm,then if you dont reveal any softness,we still think,hmmm? so what is romantic and what is schmoozing,hard for me to believe romance exists anymore,sorry,just feel someone is not sincere,or they are fake!
 aprincelyfrog
Msg: 37
Posted: 12/8/2008 6:19:05 PM

hard for me to believe romance exists anymore,sorry,just feel someone is not sincere,or they are fake!

Wow... talk about laying a mouthful of issues on the table... its judgemental, non-accepting, unappreciative, denotes a history of bad choices and most likely is a projection.

And to think i was gonna give you flowers!
 Soulsister47
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 12/9/2008 1:29:02 PM
Romeo or Romeo where are though?
 kgrl962
Msg: 39
Posted: 12/9/2008 5:10:39 PM
Save The Flowers for your gramma,ok,takes more than that!
 aprincelyfrog
Msg: 40
Posted: 12/10/2008 5:38:59 AM

Save The Flowers for your gramma,ok,takes more than that

I was being facetious... obviously you dont get sarcasm either.
 Soulsister47
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2008 11:51:58 AM
CHEERS!! I have to say that this weekend my faith was restored. I have a friend who has a band and from time to time they have gigs in different places. So for several years we have met friends through friends. Well this weekend someone that I have been talking to and dancing with in these different gigs asked me out. Weeeeeee!! I know that time will tell...but so far he has been the nicest guy I have ever met. Soooo Im crossing my fingers. Wish me luck!! haha
 Nightwing66
Msg: 42
Posted: 12/15/2008 12:13:52 PM
Don't get discouraged, OP....it may just take a while to find somebody who appreciates a kind gesture.

I sent a small, tasteful arrangement of flowers to a sick friend lately & she freaked out. (We had 2 recent dates, so in fairness, she probably WAS overly sensitive towards how things stand between us).

Good Lord, the note said "Well wishes for a speedy recovery."......it' wasn't an epic declartion of love, or creepy cyberstalking.......just wanted to cheer her up a bit.

Can't let it get to you, tho.
 aprincelyfrog
Msg: 43
Posted: 12/15/2008 6:40:10 PM
^^^^^^ Never date a woman who lacks graciousness... nothing you can do to ever make them happy.
 Nightwing66
Msg: 44
Posted: 12/18/2008 10:07:49 AM
Turns out it just caught her by surprise, PF.

She called & apologized for her reaction......& asked me out for Friday night. Said she wasn't used to such thoughtful overtures & was worried I might be going a little too fast for comfort (which she now realizes was NOT my intention). Simple misunderstanding.....
 aprincelyfrog
Msg: 45
Posted: 12/18/2008 10:37:44 AM
Yeah but those over reactions are dangerous... I would certainly keep my eyes open!
 bachelorsheaven
Msg: 46
Posted: 2/24/2009 1:52:02 PM
I agree w/ Mickiesthe1^^ We all love a romantic guy, and It's actually what most women crave. It makes us feel good about ourselves. Let's us know we're sexy and wanted. But the most important thing is carry the romance through to the end. You'll actually come to find out the more romance we get, the more turned on we are by you. I can guarantee you'll never have to worry about getting any
s*x.

I also agree that roses aren't a big thing anymore. Give me a phone call out of the blue to let me know you're thinking of me. That will be remembered forever, a rose won't.

The end result.. Give a little, get a little. Give alot, get alot...
Which do you prefer?
 Madrid62
Msg: 47
Posted: 2/25/2009 6:40:59 PM
I love guys who are romantic and I always appreciate good behavior........Tony, too bad that you do not live in South Florida because I def. will go out with you....and as to the abuse issues raised here that was not been asked by Tony ....Let's leave that subject with intimate friends or the psychiatrist or psychologist couch...Hhhhhha just kidding.....Maribel
Show ALL Forums  > Florida  > nice guys who are romantic?