Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Confuzzled4ever
Msg: 165
Is it still expected that men pay for everythingPage 9 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Just because a man decides to pay for a date doesn't make the woman a prostitute.

True. Prostitution only comes into it if the man pays and is then disappointed that the woman doesn't appreciate it enough to go on a second date or, at least demonstrate her gratitude physically.
~~~~~~~~~~~

mmmm.. maybe he will think that because he's upset. .. but it's not prostitution because I decide I don't want to go out with him again. If it is.. then I guess call me one? Since I've gone on many first dates.. I don't generally pay and most don't get a second date and I do not do anything physical on a first date as a rule.. Although.. I did break that rule with this guy. lol. Of course 1st dates don't usually last 5 hours either lol. You can appreciate a man taking you out and still not want to go out again. I always appreciate when a guy does anything for me. I always show it.. I'm just not gonna jump their bones in order to do so. If a guy wants to be that upset over it, then I probably made the right choice in not seeing him again eh?? lol

Of course.. in my opinion the woman who *does* demonstrate her "gratitude" physically is more likely to be the prostitute, especially if she doesn't want a second date. lol
 CheezyChick
Msg: 166
Is it still expected that men pay for everything
Posted: 11/27/2012 5:34:50 PM
Actually, the guy that's winning the 400 million on that other thread should pay methinks!

From what I can gather, some women do think so, and some women don't....hope that helps :)
 carelesswhisper00
Msg: 167
Posted: 11/27/2012 5:42:49 PM
I don't think a man is expected to pay for everything. Share and share alike, be kind to your fellow man....split dessert as well
 Hotmerlot
Msg: 168
Posted: 11/27/2012 7:04:33 PM
No this is not true. It is a generalization based on your perception. I am well over 40 and pay for my own dates.
 Vannili
Msg: 169
view profile
History
Posted: 11/28/2012 7:14:55 AM
But waitresses still leave the bill in front of the man.. I always tell them separate checks as i order....

When I am treating a man, I always hand him my cash discreetly, in other word I don't open my wallet in front of a man, for the reason as an Asian ,we respect a man , it has something to do with our fathers that we look up to them... He is strong and in control of finances to support a family ect.... For me I don't want the public to know, that I am with a weakling man that I have to pay his dinner, tho that will be the impression..... I saw a young caucasian couple at Apple Bees,the woman is pretty and the man is a good looking hunk, When the bill comes,the the woman extract her credit card and the man slouched down his seat like he wants to disappear,maybe because I was observing them, or he is uncomfortable that being a hunk he has no money..

On the topic that it is mandatory that a man should pay for the date, because of the makeup, perfume, new clothes, to meet the man, that is a low life philosophy like welfare supporting their nescessites ,everthing should be freebies.
A woman should dress for herself to make her feel beautiful and not to dress for a man.. A woman should have a pride for herself .
 im_a_rockstar
Msg: 170
Posted: 11/28/2012 2:14:34 PM
It depends on the person.

I personally see it more as no different than going out with my friends, you should split the bill. Even if you're invited out, you should always expect to pay your share. But I also DO treat. I'll bring a girl out, and take the entirety of the bill on myself.

A lot of people have this huge misconception of what a date is. A date isn't a guy buying a woman dinner... A date is the guy and the girl taking that time for each other. It's not what you do, but why you do it.
 phillyrose2
Msg: 171
Posted: 11/28/2012 7:21:28 PM
You ask me out, you pay. I invite you out, I pay. Don't ask me out to dinner and then expect me to pay for my food or drinks. Don't ask me to a movie and then expect me to buy my ticket. If you can't afford dinner, don't ask. Take me out for ice cream. I will cook you a nice dinner or buy tickets to a game or a show. Once we have a long standing established committed relationship, then all monies pool together. Until then, you ask me, it is on you.
 HappySingleSpirit
Msg: 172
view profile
History
Posted: 11/28/2012 10:45:12 PM
OMG, I can't hear this f***** question anymore. WTF? It's 2012. If you don't like it, date women who are more liberal. If you're not the liberal type, you’re being a cheapskate. Sorry, you can't have it both ways. I am so fricken tired of this topic.

The thing is, any man from this generation and time period has no issues with this, cause he simply dates women who think like him. It’s always the conservative, traditional, old school guys who have a problem with this, because they feel obligated yet don’t want to step up. Screw the women who don’t think like you and move on. It’s not that hard. If it is, that only means you need to work on yourself and not blame women who YOU pick out.
 JJTall
Msg: 173
Posted: 11/29/2012 1:19:07 AM

Have men become so cheap that they cant even spend 20 dollars on dinner anymore??

lol no we're just tired of being taken advantage of..

Amen!!! Typical woman, complaining about how "cheap" men are........talk to your fellow women about dumping on men, taking advantage of them, trying to suck the life out of them financially, and then ask yourself that question again
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 174
Posted: 11/29/2012 11:14:53 AM
[Have men become so cheap that they cant even spend 20 dollars on dinner anymore??]

Says the girl who's too cheap to spend $20.00 on dinner.

WomanInProgress
Msg: 175
Posted: 11/29/2012 11:50:47 AM

Is it still expected that men pay for everything?

No, just themselves.

There are women out there that you don't have to wine and dine. If you don't want to you don't have to. You may date less, but who cares if you'll only be dating people you're not matched with?
 Dave of Indiana
Msg: 176
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2012 12:13:51 PM
At least for older men the social norm was to pay for the date, end of discussion. So many of us feel an unspoken pressure as we approach the cash register. Especially if there are other older men and women standing in line.
 Love.Notes
Msg: 177
Posted: 11/29/2012 12:19:37 PM
My older sister thinks men should pay for everything and yes it is old school thinking! I, a good 15 years younger than he. think that you should take turns paying depending on the situation or until that situation is grounded, each can pay their own way. It will get very expensive for a man if he has to pay for every meal and every date he goes out with every time!

Woman today all have their careers in place, the house in order, and supposedly "know what they want". So with that "right" comes a new responsibility. Men no longer need to pay for everything! Yes they can still respect her if she offers to pay and or takes turns paying. Many woman have that old school thinking, I for one do not. If the man enjoys paying the way than it should be treated as a privilege not something to be "expected

There is nothing wrong about sharing the bill or taking turns. My friend and I go out for lunch all the time. We don't even keep track any more as to who paid last time and who didn't. Same goes for the Tim Hortons drive through. We take turns paying and it all evens out in the end.
 rdcnorm
Msg: 178
Posted: 11/29/2012 12:19:51 PM
When I used to date,, I would always pay,, not once would I expect a woman to pay,, however, a simple gesture of thank you is always nice,,and the offer to pay is also nice..

When I met my girl over 3 yrs go,, our fist date, she had her wallet out before the check even came,, my girl expecting nothing of me,, I said thank you,, but I have this,, and payed,, we went to may place,, to get ready to meet up with a few of my friends,, we had many drinks, including what my friends were drinking,, she offered to pay again,, My guy friend said what are you kidding,,Norm and I have this..

To this day, Erika still offers to pay,, I do let her every pay every now and then,, because it makes her feel good,, and she tips real well, that was rather impressive too..
 cooldog65
Msg: 179
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2012 4:09:51 PM
^^^^^
Props to you and Erika. It isn't always about how much each person pays, but what they feel is fair and balanced. Reciprocation is key.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >