Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 singledad13b
Msg: 53
best birth control....comments??Page 3 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
the iud doesnt prevent pregnacy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it only prevents the implantion of the fertilized egg
and any good doc will tell you that
so if you like the thought of getting pregnant a bunch of times but that fertilized egg being dumped go ahead
frankly we are all going to die someday and answer for our choices
 Pandy
Msg: 58
best birth control....comments??
Posted: 3/18/2005 6:27:01 PM
"I had to fight them too. They thought I should have a minimum of 3 kids before I could possibly know that I didn't want more (WHAT?). They thought I was too young (HUMBUG!). Said I needed my husbands permission (YEEEECH"

You husband's PERMISSION....that's absolutlely APPALLING. :(
 ramcharger
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 5/13/2005 5:03:23 PM
My sister swore keeping an asprin between her knees would work grandma said so, but I guess it didnt work too well shes a mom of three

Sammys_Mom
Msg: 71
Posted: 5/13/2005 7:02:05 PM
I don't believe that depo has been pulled in Canada considering I just got a shot a few days ago! unfortuanately i'm part of the 3% of ppl on depo who still gets a period! Most don't thou, I have friends on it that don't! I haven't had to go on any supplement, I've been on it for 5.5 years, never got pregnant on it, I've gained weight but not because of the shot. My doctor says it is pretty much the same as the pill as far as what it does to your body and risks. Anyway I think it's a good way to go, not to expensive but effective!
 Sammys_Mom
Msg: 72
Posted: 5/13/2005 7:05:13 PM
Just one more thing, birth control doesn't stop you from getting STD's, and trust me they are out there! I know ppl who have had clymidia, and sipholis, treatable, but not fun!
Be Careful!
 Lucette325
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 5/15/2005 7:13:30 AM
Aspirin didn't work for me, because I got a headache and swallowed it. Spent my dime.

Depo made me gain weight, and made my hair fall out in clumps.

If I would have known when my son was born that a) my spouse did not intend on going through with the vasectomy he was supposed to get after I gave birth and b) that we were going to split up, I would have had a caesarian instead of vaginal delivery, and had a tubal ligation done at the same time. But, that often is not reversable, and though I don't want any more children now, I may change my mind in the future. Never know. So, I guess in a way it's good I had no clue what my future held.

The pill works for me, minimal weight gain at first, but evens out after a few months. The problem would be to remember to take them daily, unless I was actually having sex daily like in the good 'ol days LOL

Condoms don't bother me, but they do break. I've had two break on me (or in me I should say)... one resulted in the birth of a child, the other -I was lucky.

If the patch were available here, I'd be interested in trying it.
 Frrosty
Msg: 81
Posted: 6/6/2005 11:26:11 AM
That needle every four months seems to work AWESOMELY with no real negative effects (i.e. weight gain)

And you, women, also do not have to remember to take their pills which must REALLY realy suck. tanku for that girls.

My sis took it, the shot, and got pregnant as SOON as she ended the shots and wanted to have her baby with her guy.
 Melissanicole
Msg: 91
Posted: 11/16/2005 9:46:49 PM
My boss has a saying dating back to her college days....

"See these pants... theyre staying on!"

LOL

But seriously... with all the STDs out there, depo/patch/BC/IUD are irrelevant to me. I'm not on anything currently though, bc I never get any! lol
 dontfencemein
Msg: 109
Posted: 11/23/2005 9:14:00 AM
Dear Abby printed the very best formula for no children.

***SULFA DENIAL AND NO ACETOL***
 Melissanicole
Msg: 123
Posted: 1/2/2006 2:25:44 PM
Ive been contemplating the IUD for sometime and I think I might call and make the appointment to give it a shot. From what I have read it seems to be my best option and the Mirena one is the type I'll probably use.

Question: Ive read conflicting views that you have to be on your period to have it inserted. I'm going to check with my doc when I call, but does anyone have any feedback on this?
 falltopieces
Msg: 124
Posted: 1/2/2006 3:58:18 PM
It's usually inserted during your period because the cervix is slightly open at that time and getting pregnant at that time is less likely
 Melissanicole
Msg: 126
Posted: 1/2/2006 4:47:37 PM
Well, I have a 3 yr old whose birth control enough for me! LOL

I'm 21 and pretty sure that I'm done. But I'm also 21 and a lot can change in 2, 5, 10 years and Id still be well within my reproductive years. So I'm smart enough to know permanent is not the answer and I am sure they wouldnt do it on me anyways.

However, I am in college and not anywhere near being ready for another one for a while... so I do want something long term. Got pregnant on the pill, and the hormones tend to make me sick anyways. Have my reasons against depo, patch is the same issue as depo, tried nuvaring about 2 yrs ago and didnt like it.

Condoms work of course, but I am looking at something more suitable for a long-term relationship when the time comes.
 jroch914
Msg: 127
Posted: 1/4/2006 12:00:26 PM
I heard an old Woody Allen standup line... He said he experienced a form of birth control, with his girlfriend.... He asked her to have sex, she said 'NO'!!!
 Melissanicole
Msg: 131
Posted: 1/5/2006 6:26:06 PM
Wow C, so sorry to hear about that. Birth control tends to make me ill (hormones- I have a sensitive system), and I dont trust them much since my son was a BC baby. Thanks for the info though, certainly was news to me.
 Melissanicole
Msg: 133
Posted: 1/5/2006 6:51:19 PM
LOL... yes, it is another issue. But I do agree. I think some people should be forced to have their tubes snipped/clipped.

I actually did that as my final essay last semester "parenting license" It was a persuasive writing essay. I based a lot of it off this article called "little criminals" great read if youre interested. Search it on a search engine, it was a special by PBS.
 Melissanicole
Msg: 135
Posted: 1/5/2006 6:56:21 PM
Yea... but then they grow up
 Melissanicole
Msg: 138
Posted: 1/5/2006 7:06:43 PM
You're right. They can do it, but most I think try to make younger women wait.

I wont go that far yet since I'm only 21 and not sure how I will feel in the future about wanting more. I do think that it's something Id like to do by 30-35. Since I had my son at 18, I doubt Ill have anymore after 30. I guess we'll cross that bridge in 9 years.
 Melissanicole
Msg: 144
Posted: 1/6/2006 8:26:29 PM
I agree that if it is a new partner or there are any doubts, condoms are great for safety, as well as pregnancy prevention. But, as WYBK said, they should be used with something else. Ever have a condom break? Yea- it happens. Better to be extra safe!

However, what if you are in a long-term committed relationship and would prefer to not use them? Not every situation is cut and dry.
 jennifer_well
Msg: 156
Posted: 6/27/2006 5:12:34 AM
Either don't have sex or get fixed!! LOL
Jenn
 jennifer_well
Msg: 157
Posted: 6/27/2006 5:13:05 AM
Whatever!!! You ever had it there? It's an exit only Honey!!!
 4408joseph
Msg: 179
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2008 10:05:13 PM
To quote Marshall B Mathers ...

I'm A Menace, A Dentist, An Oral Hygienist
Open Your Mouth For About Four Or Five Minutes
Take A Little Bit Of This Fluoride Rinse
Swish But Don't Spit It, Swallow And I'll Finish

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >