Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Religion  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RDtoo
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Hey, Ok I may be taking a risk here but what are the benefits of Christians sharing the Gospel?Page 4 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Sidhean, I just knew you would not answer that question in a thoughtful fashion.
 RDtoo
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Hey, Ok I may be taking a risk here but what are the benefits of Christians sharing the Gospel?
Posted: 3/3/2005 6:27:20 AM
And believe me, if you have some problem with Christianity, I have probably had a problem with it at one point myself. Mine is not what you would call "blind faith", though that is what is called for at times.

At any rate, you asked a question. I thought that it would be fair and turn the question around and ask you.
 raaburt
Msg: 81
Hey, Ok I may be taking a risk here but what are the benefits of Christians sharing the Gospel?
Posted: 3/16/2005 2:29:01 PM
hello all,
ive read a few of the first responses to this question that was posted and noticed no answer about rewards,but rebuttal about what i would conclude is that quite the opposite is the case. i would like to first point out what Jesus's last words were before He was taken up to heaven in a cloud."all power is given to me in heaven and in earth.go you therefore,and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the father, and of the son, and of the holy ghost:Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever i have commanded you:..." Now this is just the tip of the iceburg in light of verses in the bible where the believers were commanded to go and say (in this case if you want to get literal,teach) all nations, baptizing them(all nations), again the word teaching them(all nations) to observe all things i(jesus) have commanded you: at the very least this is applicable to all those that were there that faithful day Jesus was taken up to heaven! but it also applies to all that say that Jesus is there Lord. out of time for now hope i can get back to this to see what u all have to say.
 masterspirit
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2005 10:16:01 AM
I agree that people have to decide for themselves their own path but if the gospel wasn't shared (or other religious views for that matter) how could you come to a conclusion? I think the point here is the WAY in which it is shared. If people come across as judgemental then others are turned off but if you share in a way that inspires others to think then thats a bit different. The point of discussing views to me is to see if they hold up under scrutiny and to entertain different perspectives in order to expand your overall understanding. Without people willing to share thats not possible. Lastly I think for the most part when people do share it's because they've discovered something wonderful and want others to feel the same.
 RDtoo
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2005 12:52:30 PM
Kathy, most of the people that come here have rejected Christianity in favor of hedonism. The thing is they spend more time here attacking Christianity than living a life of hedonism. Go figure.
 grplaman
Msg: 88
Posted: 11/1/2005 10:26:47 PM
God tells us to share the Gospel. And, the benefits of doing so is, Blessing and rewards here, and in Heaven. When a person makes it clear to me that they don't want me to share with them the Gospel........I thank them for their time and dust my shoes off..at least their blood won't be on my hands-they made their choice and i did my job.
 flyguy51
Msg: 89
Posted: 11/1/2005 10:47:06 PM
I see some misconceptions here on this subject (or conceptions that I disagree with, in other words). First, we don't have the power to save anyone from Hell. God does that through Christ's grace. I've even heard a minister say that in Heaven, people will tell you "I'm here because of YOU!" Wrong!

Second, for grplaman, I disagree with this "blood on your hands" reference. That is no motivation to share faith. Plus, the way you put it, it sounds like it makes a good excuse for piss poor evangelism and a smug attitude about the whole thing. For example:

"Accept Christ, or you will burn in Hell!"

"Get away from me!"

(Well, his blood won't be on my hands now. My work is done here!)

*rides proudly off into the sunset*
 Tinkle
Msg: 92
Posted: 11/2/2005 12:09:35 PM
I'm annoyed by it. Most people in the west are already aware of what they preach anyway due to friends, family, tv, school (back when I was in it before the changes) etc. etc. etc.
 grplaman
Msg: 93
Posted: 11/2/2005 4:31:43 PM
flyguy, God tells us that. Their blood will be on our hands. If, we not tell others, when we had the chance to and they wound-up going to hell..we will be held "personally responsible" by God himself and lose a few rewards. But he also says, if we do tell them and they reject it-their blood will not be on our hands! I think you'er being hypersensitive.

I spent over 30 years telling people about Christ...........I only tried to help them to come to the Lord because that's my duty as a Christian. But, Most acted as if....I was the evil one! Nor, have I never pushed it on anyone, either. God says, if your not saved NOW-you are ALREADY condemned! Christians need to toughen-up these days and be bold! But, if you think i'm smug-so be,..judging me is your sin-not mine. There is no time for games anymore! We are in the end times. Millions and millions and millions, perhaps billions of people will be going to hell because of, so many weak and passive Christians. I'd rather be like, John the Baptist and BOLD and STRONG and LOUD than, be someone who's a fraid of hurting peoples feelings!

Flyguy, I don't need you approvel-I seek only Gods
 flyguy51
Msg: 95
Posted: 11/2/2005 4:56:07 PM
SFL, meek has different meanings. We think of it today to mean someone who is sheepish, quiet, and librarian-like. From what I understand, Jesus used meek to mean someone who is very strong and powerful yet humble and gentle. I picture something like a bodybuilder cuddling a baby. Or just picture Jesus himself!

And grplaman, I'm really not familiar with that "blood on your hands" reference regarding witnessing. Do you have the Biblical address?

Cheers!
 grplaman
Msg: 96
Posted: 11/2/2005 5:32:42 PM
Yet, Jesus thought John the Baptists' BOLD approach was correct!

Most people are stubborn and brassnecked........like most nonbelievers......They want to live in La La Land and play with Crystals and charms and fairies.....and even catch a rainbown as it gently bends down to the ground to be loved.......ahhh, and all the Unicorns running around and playing, peace and love-world wide...oh......i think i just saw a ghost!,..ooh wait! Now i just saw a UFO! I love befriending Space aliens,.they deserve love too! Wait, hold on a bit......it 3 p.m...time to huge my tree outside,......i'll be back. I'm back, you know what? While i was outside,.a rose on my rosebush smiled at me...amd my familiar turned into a yellow Canary!

Get a clue and start dealing with reality. Stop going by feelings and emotions and put away foolish thoughts. Spells and Chants belong to the foolish..and those who practice such things will surely pay the price.

Trust Christ only..you won't regret it.

Michael Savage wrote a book titled, "Liberalism is a mental disorder" Has anyone here read it?
 grplaman
Msg: 98
Posted: 11/2/2005 5:46:32 PM
Jesus lost his temper and got mad and threw tables over and chased some men out of a temple. jesus told everyone and still does tell us in the bible-if you don't believe-you will end up in hell. It's all throughout the Bible.
 Dei Gratia
Msg: 99
Posted: 11/2/2005 5:51:54 PM
Humm not that I really know this but what I would like to add is, Christ Jesus has died for everyone, and I know everyone will see him. the white throne of judgement. the dreaded day for most. What will be the Fair judgement Christ Jesus gives is His really not ours.

Matt 24

grplaman
Msg: 100
Posted: 11/2/2005 6:07:09 PM
flyguy I just saw your message
And grplaman, I'm really not familiar with that "blood on your hands" reference regarding witnessing. Do you have the Biblical address?
I'll get back with you on that-give me some time.
 grplaman
Msg: 101
Posted: 11/2/2005 6:21:51 PM
Found it! Ezek 3:18-19

3:18
When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand.

3:19
Yet if thou warn the wicked, and he turn not from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul.
 flyguy51
Msg: 102
Posted: 11/2/2005 6:48:27 PM
^^^ Nice catch, grplaman! You got me to read it, too. I'm admittedly no Bible scholar, but it looks like this was God addressing Ezekiel directly as the watchman for Israel. There's also some things there that would counter the "once saved always saved" principle espoused in another thread, by the way.

In any case, this Scripture is from before Christ came to earth, and before the gospel was recorded. It doesn't strike me as part of the Great Commission. But since you brought it up:

I think you'er being hypersensitive.

if you think i'm smug-so be,..judging me is your sin-not mine.

The duality in your message to me made me chuckle. Has anyone offered you a warning lately?
 grplaman
Msg: 103
 grplaman
Msg: 104
Posted: 11/2/2005 7:06:21 PM
Maybe this will help

A Serious Responsibility

The responsibility of delivering the life-saving Gospel to the lost has been committed to all believers. That’s right, ALL believers, not just ordained ministers, evangelists, or missionaries. In fact, the Apostle Paul said that the ministry of reconciling people to God has been given to all those who have been born-again, whose old life has passed away, and all things have become new. “...if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation” (2 Cor. 5:17-18).

Christians must understand that this is a very serious responsibility. It is a matter of life or death! The consequences of what we do may determine the eternal destiny of our friends, family, or acquaintances. There are individuals who may spend eternity in Heaven with Christ because we told them about Jesus Christ. And even more sobering, there may be those who suffer eternal torment in the lake of fire FOREVER, simply because we couldn’t find the time or were too “embarrassed” to talk about Jesus!

Dear believer, was Jesus “embarrassed” of you when He hung on the cross with blood spurting from every part of His body? Did Jesus have a problem “finding time” to suffer for you, as He dangled for hours, nailed to a brutal, splintery cross? Of course not. And neither is there any excuse for any believer who tries to justify their apathy for the lost!

It certainly is not your responsibility to tell the whole world about Christ. But it is indeed your duty to tell “your world,” those you live with, who you work with, or your friends and family (Mark 16:15). You are their missionary that God has sent to them, and it’s very possible, you may be the only opportunity that some may ever have, to hear the message that could save their life. And if you decide not to say anything, not to warn them, to do nothing, the Bible says that their blood could be on your hands for eternity (Ezek. 3:18-19).

Jesus was not ashamed to suffer and die for us, let us neither be ashamed to share His life-saving message to the lost! That’s all He asks. Just share His message. “For whoever is ashamed of Me and My words, of him the Son of Man will be ashamed when He comes in His own glory, and in His Father’s, and of the holy angels” (Luke 9:26).

I do care about peoples souls, even those who play the Devils advocate. Good luck
 flyguy51
Msg: 105
Posted: 11/2/2005 7:31:14 PM
^^ That is nothing new. That's not even my point. My point is that you make it sound like a believer can have a very heavy-handed, confrontational, and ultimately ineffective approach to sharing the message, and it will absolve one of having "blood on his hands."

Then when we're all dead, that believer can look down into Hell and say, "I tried to warn you, but would you listen? Noooooo! You treated me like I was the weirdo. Hope you brought some hot dogs with you. Good luck!"
 grplaman
Msg: 107
 grplaman
Msg: 110
Posted: 11/3/2005 5:05:12 AM
seriousfunny

You aren't sure of anything-that's why you don't know the truth. Unfortunately,..you are probably so far gone......you may never know come to know it either.

"Rainbows, lollie pops and moonbeams.............."

And another thing-i see that , in many, many Christian forum/threads..you are always,lurking about to try to discredit Christians views and beliefs and opinions. Whys that? Apparently, you are working for satan and you just don't know it. It seems, you do a lot more cramming then us Christians.
 grplaman
Msg: 115
Posted: 11/9/2005 5:29:34 PM
It's the Holy Spirit in us that compels us to share the Gospel. I love doing so! But too, since I have a sinful nature.....sometimes, I'd rather not. Sometimes, I feel I shouldn't for some because, most don't listen. I quit,....but only to find myself starting over and continuing. I run to others to share the Gospel but, instead get side-tracked. Then, I avoid others because, I feel sometimes "Whats the point?" I feel pulled into 2 different directions...perhaps, 3, which is including my own way.

I want to please God. I know i do. But, other times, I feel how could God possibly even stand to look at me? Every moment, it seems-is a struggle. I hate me! I like me! I love and need God! But sometimes, I just want to run and hide! Out of fear, shame and anger I mock Him and tempt him, shout at him and raise my fists! Others times, I find myself asking for more acknowlege, grace, help, forgiveness, guidence, mercy, love-towards myself and others. I want to grow in the Lord, have strength in the Lord and give glory to the Lord! ALWAYS! Sometimes, I just want to give up and have fun like non-believers do. Why can't I do what i am suppose to do? Why do I love what I hate? Most of what I love to do, I don't. Most of what i hate..it looks so wonderful! Why didn't i speak to that person about God and the Gospel? Or, why did I waste my time again,on that same person-who hates God and us Christians? Just throw them the Bible! No, share with them what the Bibles says.

I need that Rapture to get my out of here! This world is horrible and I want to get off it! But, I want to stay and bring as many people to God as I can! My faith is very strong! But, so too,......... are my doubts. Only the Grace of God, maintains me and his promise to me is to restore me. And I know that's true because,..after all my many falls......i'm still standing,............and it's not by my own power either.

Satan may win the Battle-But God will win the War! And then, every knee will bow-even Satans.
 Cleopatracutie
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2005 7:22:44 AM
The benifits are good I suppose if the people want to hear of it. If not i think its horrible and dishonest because in alot of cases if someone will not listen they get: Your're going to hell or some other condemnation of similar calibur. Why I say its dishonest is the people whom do theese little condemnations usually know nothing about the people that they are condeming, nothing about who they are and how they live and love and thats not fair of them at all. They should know that when they point a finger there is always one pointing back at them.
Show ALL Forums  > Religion  >