Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 want to travel
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Greif over losing a petPage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Sorry for your loss
my cat was with me for 18 years,he will allways be a part of my life....
also working with animals is a great thing, thank goodness for people like you!!!
 wisguyingb
Msg: 40
Greif over losing a pet
Posted: 11/16/2011 2:34:59 PM
Thanks everyone for the nice comments. This is an incredibly had time for me as I have have the cat since he was a new born kitten. Everywhere I look in my house I see him. I just hope that I was able to bring him some comfort on his final day. I really think that he was afraid of what was happening to him as he had gone very blind in the last year and just needed me to hold him in my lap and touch him and talk to him to let him know that I was there for him and he was not alone. At one point it felt as if he was making a very subtle purr. I could not hear it but as I petted him it felt as if he was purring. I know that time will heal my grief but I feel like a part of my childhood and adult life has been taken away from me.I take comfort in the fact that I made a lot of video's of him playing outside and inside and have a lot of pictures of him. So I can always hear him meow and watch him play with his mouse toy or run around in our backyard.
 viper1j
Msg: 41
Greif over losing a pet
Posted: 11/16/2011 2:46:56 PM
http://rainbowsbridge.com/Poem.htm

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

I know Princess is waiting for me..
 wisguyingb
Msg: 42
Greif over losing a pet
Posted: 11/16/2011 3:11:36 PM
^^Thank you so much for that. I never heard of Rainbow Bridge before but it does make me feel good about my buddy. I know his soul is in a better place, and I know he is enjoying himself to the fullest.
 SoBayNative
Msg: 43
Greif over losing a pet
Posted: 11/16/2011 3:16:45 PM
The thing to remember is that the shelters are overflowing with beautiful animals who will only be put down if no one adopts them. I've lost many pets over the years and I still miss each of them and I swear every time it will be the last then I see an adoption fair and my heart aches for all the sweet animals who have no home. Maybe you can see it in your heart to adopt another cat (or a dog) whose life you'd save. It will never replace the one you lost but like letting a new person in your life, it will be a new and special relationship.
 BLoNde__ANgeL
Msg: 44
Greif over losing a pet
Posted: 11/16/2011 3:49:56 PM
The thing to remember is that the shelters are overflowing with beautiful animals who will only be put down if no one adopts them. I've lost many pets over the years and I still miss each of them and I swear every time it will be the last then I see an adoption fair and my heart aches for all the sweet animals who have no home. Maybe you can see it in your heart to adopt another cat (or a dog) whose life you'd save. It will never replace the one you lost but like letting a new person in your life, it will be a new and special relationship

agreed! I just adopted a 4th kitty- she is FIV+ my other 3 are not...i even have all their pics in my profile...

adopting pets is not just for them, it is good for us too...we get unconditional love

maybe those of us who miss having a partner (myself included) should consider the parallel -see what i put in bold from another poster's post in the quote box...
 femaleconnection
Msg: 45
Greif over losing a pet
Posted: 11/26/2011 3:54:32 AM
Yesterday I found out my female cat has tumors. We will keep her comfy and when she starts to show signs of pain, ie not wanting to eat or be social like normal, we will be saying goodbye to her gentle soul. Im glad I know soon enough to make her last weeks/months special.

She will be my first solely owned pet that I have to say goodbye to. Not looking forward to that part...but having her in my home for the last 12 years was so worth any sadness of losing her.

Im actually more worried about her bro-they were from the same litter and they dont know a day without the other. I hope he doesnt miss her too terribly-he was sat at the door when we came back from the vet-he was waiting for her. Poor old buggar is gonna miss her. She grooms him, she snuggles him everyday for naps, they are inseperable....sigh.
 asianpeachqTea
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Grief over losing a pet
Posted: 2/29/2012 10:46:45 AM
Read Sylvia Brownes Books on Animals, Heaven etc.

I remember my Feather&Fur-Family members who passed.Its a comfort though brings sadness its still a good cheer me upper thinking of them.
Fish turtles included and others
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >