Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SAguy_06
Msg: 13
ANYBODY HAVE ANY RECIPES OF MEALS DONE IN A FRYING PAN THAT DON'T TAKE LONG AND ARE EASY?Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I was sitting here thinking on what to write and came up with propapbly 50 one pan dishes I can make, and am kinda surprised that you dont know at least 15 (2 wks worth)...

most of my one pan meals have 4 basic componets-

extender......................meat............................veggie..............................flavorings ....

rice......................beef any form ..................... onion .............................. spices.........
pastas-.................chicken any form................. tomato ...........................herbs...........
.............................sausage.......................... bell pepper......................... sauces-.......
............................. shell fish ...................... potato ect................. tomato/white ect....
......................................................... fresh or canned..........................................
=====================================================================

the combinations are endless...

cajun
mexican
chinese
good ol usa
italian
polish
russian
asian
and so on...
 Lil Red Riding Hood
Msg: 58
ANYBODY HAVE ANY RECIPES OF MEALS DONE IN A FRYING PAN THAT DON'T TAKE LONG AND ARE EASY?
Posted: 10/15/2006 3:22:01 PM
One I love and it only takes about 10 minutes.

2 packs of Italian Sausage, mild or hot
Onion (diced)
Peppers (red or green, diced)
Can of baby carrots
Can of Peaches and Cream Niblet Corn
Can of french cut yellow beans
Instant rice
BBQ sauce (for topping or dipping)

Sqeeze the meat out of the Sausage casings, fry it with a bit of oil. Add diced onions and diced peppers. Cook completely. Add carrots, niblet corn, and yellow beans. Warm up a bit. Then add 1.5 cups of water, bring to a boil then add 1.5 cups of instant rice. Cover, turn heat off and let sit for 10 minutes. Take the lid off and voila....dinner.

You can top it with Soy Sauce or my fave, BBQ sauce on the side and dip each forkful in.
 auntymar
Msg: 59
ANYBODY HAVE ANY RECIPES OF MEALS DONE IN A FRYING PAN THAT DON'T TAKE LONG AND ARE EASY?
Posted: 10/16/2006 5:27:12 AM
CHICKEN MORNAY

1 Tablespoon cooking oil
6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves

Mornay Sauce:
1- 13 ounce can evaporated skim milk
1/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon chicken boullion powder
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup swiss cheese
3/4 cup milk

Preheat electric fry pan to 375F (190C). Add cooking oil. Brown chicken breastd on both sides. Transfer chicken onto plate. Reduce heat to 325 (160 C)

Mornay sauce:
Gradually whisk evaporated milk into flour in small bowl until smooth. Pour into frying pan. Heat and stir until boiling and thickened. Stir in remaining 6 ingredients. Makes 1 3/4 cups (425mL) sauce.
Add chicken. Spoon sauce over top to coat. Cover. Cook for about 15 minutes until chicken is no longer pink.
Serves 6
Extra sauce good over pasta, potatoes or rice
Per serving info:
calories 331; total fat 8.7g; sodium 635mg; protein 46g; carbohydrates 14g; trace dietary fibre
 auntymar
Msg: 60
Posted: 10/16/2006 5:37:07 AM
GLAZED HAM SLICE

No stick cooking spray
Thick ham steaks trimmed of fat (about 1 1/2 pounds)

1/2 cup cranberry jelly
2 tablespoons prepared orange juice
1/2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1/16 teaspoon ground cloves (optional)

Spray frying pan with no stick cooking spray. Preheat to 350 to 400 F (175 to 205C). Lightly brown ham steaks on both sides.
Mix cranberry jelly, orange juice, brown sugar, vinegar and cloves in small bowl. Spread over ham. Simmer for a couple of minutes. Turn. Simmer for a couple more minutes.
Serves 6.
Per serving info:
calories 182, total fat 4.9g, sodium 1446mg, protein 22g, carbohydrates 11g, trace dietary fibre
 auntymar
Msg: 61
Posted: 10/16/2006 5:48:03 AM
CRANBERRY GLAZED CHOPS

1/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

1 tablespoons cooking oil
about 2 pounds pork chops (6)

1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar (I have used white vinegar)
14 ounce can cranberry sauce

Combine first 5 ingredients on sheet of wax paper.

Preheat frying pan to 400F (205 C). Add cooking oil. Dredge (coat) pork chops in flour mixture. Fry chops until browned. Reduce heat to 275F (140C). Arrange chops in single layer.
Sprinkle surface of chops with brown sugar and then vinegar. Stir the cranberry sauce to break up. spoon over chops. Cover. Cook for about 20 minutes. Turn chops. stir sauce and spoon some over chops. Cover. Cook another 20 minutes or so until chops are tender.
Serves 6.
per serving info:
calories 353, total fat 8.2g, sodium 314mg, protein 22g, carbohydrate 48g, dietary fibre 1g
 Honey_babe
Msg: 62
Posted: 1/20/2007 10:43:18 AM
QUICK, EASY AND HEALTHY???

Look, I'm a great cook and I highly recommend you take this down. Go to ur local 'asian market' and buy oyster sauce or oyster flavoured sauce. It's the key ingredient.

Chop, mince or what ever you want or have on hand of the following.

garlic, onions, brocolli, mushrooms, corn (frozen/canned), bamboo shoots(canned), waterchestnuts (canned), zuccini, beansprouts, carrots, beans, peas, all bell peppers, ginger, cabbage, bok choy, gai lan, tofu, beef, chicken, seafood (prepackaged assorted are cheap and great!), pork.

use pam spray or olive oil, sautee the ingredients to ur liking. add a few table spoons of oyster sauce, pinch of sugar. WHA LA!!

I eat it with a big plate of salad (3 to 5 times a week). But excellent with rice or noodles!!

special notes:

meats-trimmed or lean for less fat
cook meats and onions first
dont cook garlic first, it burns
high heat works best
if its too dry add stock or water
depending on how quick u are, should only take 15 mins

extras:

seseme seeds
celantro/corriander
seseme oil
hotsauce

like it saucy? mix cornstarch with water, add to pan, use stock or water for disired consistancy. cook till thickened.

LOSE WIEGHT AND EAT GREAT!!!

lol. your welcome.
 diana411
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 7/13/2009 10:47:18 AM
hi if you like salmon this is for you in a large fry pan a small amount of oil get it very hot fry 3 cloves of garlis salt and peppers 1 package of washed spinich fry garlic till golden add spinich to pan fry just till it wilts remove from pan and set aside wash pan add a little oil and get it hot place salmon skin side down in pan and fry till bottom is brown put spinich on top cover and lower heat cook for another couple min then add hollandaze sauce made from the mrcormick package easy to make just make according to directions the pour on top i put some herbs on my salmon when its frying but you dont have too the salmon is crispy on the bottom and the spinich is delish you can add salt and pepper to taste
 Abby156
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2012 3:50:49 PM
Take some ground beef and make 2 med size patties. Place feta cheese on top of one and them cover and seal with the other pattie. Fry until cooked as desired. Top with chives, chopped tomatos and more feta. Delicious and low fat too!
 ROOSTERSGIRL961
Msg: 80
Posted: 2/21/2012 2:06:26 PM
FAJITAS

FLOUR TORTILLAS
STIRFRY BEEF OR CANNED CHICKEN
ASSORTED PEPPERS MILD OR HOT DEPENDING ON TASTE
ONION
SALSA
WORCHESTERSHIRE SAUCE SOY SAUCE TO TASTE

ALL YOUR BEEF AND VEGGIES CAN BE CUT IN STRIPS BEFOREHAND. STORE IN FRIDGE UNTIL READY TO COOK.

WHEN READY TO COOK JUST PUT A LITTLS OIL IN SKILLET AND FRY MEAT ON MED HEAT. ADD VEGETABLESAND COOK TO PREFERRED TENDERNESS.I ADD SOY OR WORCH SAUCE TO COOKING VEGGIES AND MEAT. WHEN DONE SIMPLY WARM TORTILLAS IN MICROWAVE AND ADD MEAT MIX. ENJOY WITH SAUCES AT TABLE........ TAKES ABOUT 15 MIN IF PRECHOPPING IS DONE
 benji.1992
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2012 10:12:16 PM
Honey soy chicken stir fry.... 1 * 440g packet hokkein noodles ... Any variety up to u inside has two packets so you can make two meals .....500g chicken breast fillet, thinly sliced (this 500g is if you using whole 440g packet hokkein) ... 2 cloves garlic (can also just use dry crushed garlic from shop I use garlic steak masterfood seasoning) ... Snow peas any amount recommendabout 150g simply wash cut of any unwanted bits and break in halves... 2 carrots can grate or chop thin... 250ml campbell's real chicken stock... 2 tbsp soy (best to put alittle and taste) ... Honey about quarter cup (again to taste you may prefer more sweet or less) ... Noodles put in bowl of boiled water from kettle and in a few seconds remove and drain... Put oil into pan heat oil before put sliced chicken ... Once chicken cooked add carrots garlic and snow peas mix well add stock, soy sauce and honey .. Taste sauce after mixing and add if needed more leave till slightly boiling about 2 minutes ... Add noodles mix cooking for 2 minutes .... And serve ... Other things you can add if wanted mushrooms ... Maybe cabbage etc etc you could even use beef or lamb instead ... Enjoy :)
 Molly Maude
Msg: 83
view profile
History
anybody have recipes for meals done in one pan that won't take long and are easy?!
Posted: 2/23/2012 11:48:45 PM
one of the first recipes I created as a young homemaker was something I called "Spanish Rice!"

start by browning 1/2 lb. of thick sliced good quality bacon ... when crisp, remove the bacon and keep it for later ... into the bacon fat, add chopped fresh onions, chopped fresh bell peppers and any other veggie you find interesting ... I usually just stick with the onions and peppers ...

as the veggies are browning, add in a cup of instant rice, heating till it's browned as well ... add salt, seasoned pepper and prepared yellow mustard to taste ... a cup of water, stirring to get all the browned bacon bits up from the bottom of the skillet and into the food ...

at this point, you add EITHER a can of tomatoes OR a jar of salsa ... or combinations thereof, using salsa of the heat you prefer! I usually use the medium heat salsa ...

bring to a boil and simmer, stirring occasionally till the water has been absorbed by the rice and it tastes done, usually about 5-10 minutes ...

just before serving, stir the bacon back in ... (if you add it too soon, it gets soggy) ...

this is just the basic recipe ... you can add olives, kernel corn, kidney beans, hamburger meat, chicken, pork chops, whatever you like ... serve with warmed refried beans and restaurant quality corn chips!

daddysgirl99
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2012 6:08:01 PM
This is a great, very tasty and easy to make casserole. Everything is in it which I think is what you are looking for. No need to pour over anything, etc.

1. Brown one lb of ground meat and drain well
2. Grease a casserole dish (about 2 qt dish)
3. Layer the following:

a. Thinly sliced onion
Next
b. Thinly sliced and peeled potatoe
Next
c. 1 can of Niblets corn drained
Next
d. Browned and drained ground meat
Next
e. 1 can of Campbells tomato soup

Cover and bake in 350 degree oven for about an hour

Serve with a salad and bread and you have a one dish meal
 daddysgirl99
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2012 6:09:14 PM
Sorry, dont forget to season the potatoes with salt and pepper...
 daddysgirl99
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2012 6:09:57 PM
Whoops! Meat too! While you are browning it.
 daddysgirl99
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2012 6:12:22 PM
Here I go again and I am sorry..Do not dilute the tomato soup
Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  >