Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 junipermoon
Msg: 40
view profile
History
flat stomachsPage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
i think you'll see a vast improvement.

soda is just nasty stuff! i won't even begin to detail all the evils there!

most people shouldn't do wheat at all. it causes all kinds of problems, the least of which is weight gain. a natural grocer should stock something called 'ezekiel bread.' the sprouted grains have readily available nutrients and don't cause the problems wheat does. if you can't find that, look for a good rye.
 awaitingyu
Msg: 42
flat stomachs
Posted: 9/11/2006 10:44:41 AM
for one thing people is that if you already have a layer of fat coving your ab/stomach area, DO NOT DO HIGH WEIGHTS doing your ab exercises..you will only strengthen your abs and they will thicken and push your fat further out......u have to diet and exercise, and you have to do HIGH REPS for your abs...reduce the layer of fat, and strenthen your abs at the same time....you want to feel a BURN, the burn is very good, and only rest maybe 30 seconds between sets.....you can spot target your abs, upper, lower, and obliques....and also what you will find is that working your abs, you will be working your trunk, hip flexor area also....so you are doing more good elsewhere also when working your abs, because your "abductors" (hip flexors for one) are getting a great workout also.

Do not use alot of weights doing your ab workout, expecially the ladies. Your body weight should suffice for most who are starting out.....women are built differently around the hip/ab area than men are and doing heavy/medium weights will only make those areas protrude further out......DIET, EXERCISE (and target your abs) HIGH REPS, HIGH SETS.....you can burn them out, it is very hard to pull an ab muscles unless you obviously overdue it with high weights.....but don't forget that the stronger your midection(core is) the better all your other workouts will be because your trunk area will get stronger and stronger
 junipermoon
Msg: 44
view profile
History
flat stomachs
Posted: 9/11/2006 10:55:48 AM
i get the celestial seasonings fruity teas (peach, blueberry etc). you can drop the bag in a glass of cold water and it will brew (they use lots of oils). they taste good and add no calories or sugar.

you don't need to cut out all bread, just wheat bread. rye, spelt and quinoa are all good.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 47
flat stomachs
Posted: 9/11/2006 11:10:38 AM
I used to drink tons of soda....that stuff'll kill you, even the diet soda isn't good for you. But I hate straight water....it's just boring.

Flavored water was the solution for me - Fruit 2 0, Propel (yes it has sugar but not nearly as much) and Crystal Light are what I like to drink. It's funny what your body gets used to - I was out to dinner last week and ordered Slice - holy crap I nearly fell off my chair from the sugar. I also changed to margarine and 1 percent milk. If you don't drink milk at all that's better but whole milk is pure evil. Eat nothing but fish, turkey and chicken - once or twice a month I will have a filet or burger but that's it. I never ate a ton of bread really...

And for the abs, pilates and core training on the stabilizer ball (including reverse hyperextensions and lower back crunches) combined with tons of elliptical and treadmill (about 2000 cals a week to drop body fat) did it for me.
 awaitingyu
Msg: 49
flat stomachs
Posted: 9/11/2006 2:06:49 PM
Jarbarian...

I am the same way,I have a seriously high metabolism, so I do no cardio as well, but I have never had a problem with my midsection either, and I don't do ab work as much as I should cuz it isn't the most exciting of exercises lol....but I don't have any fat in my midsection so u can still see the abs.....I hurt my back 2 yrs ago and have 2 bulging discs and reinjured it a few weeks ago..so as much as i want to exercise my midsection it isn't easy for me cuz I have to be careful not to strain your lower back....you need your lower back for your abs, as much as your abs needs your lower back, they work together so if one is weak or injured the other suffers as well...

one thing that I will say is this..I don't drink caffeign, I haven't really in like 10 yrs...I drink sugar drinks here and there, cuz they won't kill me, my metabolism burns everything the min. it goes in, so If I really wanted to eat like crap I still wouldn't gain because my metabolism has been conditioned that way for so long....but I WILL feel like crap if I ate junk....that is what alot of people have to do, and it doesn't happen overnight or in a years time, is to "re-condition" your metabolism. Try cutting out the sugar and caffeign drinks for a month and than have a coke, and you will realize how nasty it tastes. I have enough energy without all the sugar and drinks, if i actually drank all that i'd be sky high bouncing off walls.....If you eat correctly, and at the right times, and supplement with a few things, your body will becomes conditioned to the routine and the types of foods you intake. And as well as that is mentally it will become second nature and not so much a chore to make changes....

alof of midsection, ab work, core work, hip flexor work, raises, lunges...when u work your legs you tighten your abs, or should be. There is a ton of exercises to do for your midsection. Pilates is excellent but I will warn u if you are not used to it or doing it for the first time it will kick your a$$. It is not easy lol...you could be lifting weights and running for 10 yrs and look like a below novice doing pilates, and that is because you have not conditioned your muscles for those types of movements....

cut out the sugar, the "heavy carbs", you still need carbs, and caffeign, and do your workouts and eat right and over time you will see results....fat burners don't target areas, they give an overall change if you even get that...
 awaitingyu
Msg: 51
flat stomachs
Posted: 9/11/2006 4:05:43 PM
drink water. water is the one thing I could not live without, I drink about at least 3 gallons a day, I crave it, always have it next to me, hence I am never sick, my system constantly has enough fluid for breakdown of food faster and easier, all that speeds up your metabolism over time....I also am not a drinker, and not sure if anyone brought up alcohol on here yet, but if you drink alot, moreso BEER don't expect to get rock hard abs, that won't happen.....they don't call them beer guts for nothing. They aren't crystal light guts....lol

not to make it sound bad, but alot of things are not rocket science, it's just people take so many things for granted, or they have been doing it for so long it's harder to kick, or they have so many things going on that they don't stop to actually look at the situation and analyze it. That is why it usually takes something bad to happen, or someone to speak up on their behalf, or it gets too far before you finally see it visually, or it starts breaking you down mentally. More people need to tackle it and nip it in the butt BEFORE it becomes a problem....

good luck though, and like I said, don't go overboard on training your abs, like any other muscle group you CAN OVER TRAIN them.....they are not large muscles, so it does not take much to burn them up and tire them out. They will recover faster though, but don't overtrain them or u will make it actually worse and they will not grow, they need time to rest and recover like any other muscle.
 sexxxygirlie
Msg: 55
flat stomachs
Posted: 9/16/2006 11:38:32 PM
Drink lots of water, eat the right fats, crunches and cardio. Yoga actually does wonders to!
 satx78218
Msg: 58
view profile
History
flat stomachs
Posted: 6/19/2015 12:09:43 PM
there's no "spot reduction" , as in "lose only visceral/belly fat"
 Strings6
Msg: 59
view profile
History
flat stomachs
Posted: 6/21/2015 4:27:32 AM
Don't eat like a Pig
 Aprilikeswhiteroses
Msg: 60
flat stomachs
Posted: 6/21/2015 8:45:41 PM
^^
How do pigs eat?...:)
 HFX_RGB2
Msg: 61
flat stomachs
Posted: 6/22/2015 6:36:54 AM

there's no "spot reduction" , as in "lose only visceral/belly fat"

I heard someone at the gym tell someone about how sit-ups on an incline bench with weight would help "tone" their stomach.

So I asked her, what she meant by "tone" and she said to flatten, so then I asked her, If I do curls, will my biceps will they get flatter or bigger?

I smiled and walked away before she could answer.
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 62
view profile
History
flat stomachs
Posted: 7/11/2015 2:53:44 AM
Flat abs..what does or doesn't go in your mouth.
Eat good fats/protien & avoid or eliminate starches/sugars/grains./processed foods.

Theres a 4-6 pack under most fat bellies waiting to get out and show them selves.

Food is key.It works. Nuts, avocados, coconut oil, flax oil and evoo. Good quality protein and lots of non starchy veggies.
Put extra fiber in your diet and dont do incorrect food combining ( bloating & gas).

"Made in the kitchen , not the gym" isn't just a T shirt.

To define them, yes CORE work (if you want that ripped look) but you have to be lean.
 slothlover_007
Msg: 63
flat stomachs
Posted: 8/23/2015 5:36:47 PM
I don't think there are any secrets, but I can only speak for myself.
I maintain my waist small by eating healthy ( no soda, no alcohol, cut out white carbs). I drink a lot of water and eat lots of yogurt, vegetables, lean meats. I also exercise 5 times a week....one hour a day. I go cycling, running, etc. I recommend cardio though. Hope this helps! =)
 Moderate_Recall
Msg: 64
flat stomachs
Posted: 8/23/2015 6:39:44 PM

I don't think there are any secrets, but I can only speak for myself.
I maintain my waist small by eating healthy ( no soda, no alcohol, cut out white carbs). I drink a lot of water and eat lots of yogurt, vegetables, lean meats. I also exercise 5 times a week....one hour a day. I go cycling, running, etc. I recommend cardio though.

Yes there are no hidden secrets to optimum physical health. You can also speak for many of us older Forumites who do make the extra effort of regular exercise and mostly healthy eating to stay relatively fit. A major effort over a year or more can even reverse some declining health effects like the very common obesity/diabetic conditions many suffer.

That continuous healthy diet with an hour daily exercise WILL work for most people without any disabilities. Excellent that you established that healthy habits lifestyle while in your low thirties or younger. The next decade or two will greatly challenge you to maintain and maybe even improve your fitness while getting older. You can do it!
Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  >