Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > How to play a player?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bolotye
Msg: 34
How to play a player?Page 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
ugh...why would you take the time and energy to try to play a player?

You know him...he is what he is. Feel blessed you know this about him from the get go and avoid it.

Your post seems to concentrate on how to *snag* this guy.

Im curious with all the great men in this world your energies would be focussed on him?

If you are looking for a different sort of relationship and you want to break away from the sandra dee image...then do some looking around.

Why settle for a proverbial player?

you are on a dating site for heaven sakes. There is a plethora of men on here who would fit what you are looking for.
 Huggablehottie
Msg: 35
How to play a player?
Posted: 10/14/2006 9:13:32 AM
Quit focusing all your energy into this guy,
you called him a playa, well you better not play.
Stay away from men like this.
You won't have any future with this man.
So what if you call him on it? It won't
make him change!

Girl move on!!!! geeeeeeeez
 Jackie1954
Msg: 36
How to play a player?
Posted: 10/14/2006 3:12:40 PM
Sometimes winning means you walk away... alone and go on with your life without them and their games. If you have any respect for yourself, why would you even want to play the game?
 bucsgirl
Msg: 37
view profile
History
How to play a player?
Posted: 10/14/2006 3:20:03 PM
I don't believe in this myself....but since you asked.
He's already a player, therefore experienced and likely good at it. You're an amateur, likely you will lose.
 DulceLaChica
Msg: 38
How to play a player?
Posted: 10/21/2010 5:40:41 AM
You can't play a player...and why would you want to? I can think of a million better things to do with your time...like find a good one! Players have something you cannot control and that is****power~if you haven't gone down the road yet I suggest stearing clear of these guys...you will never come out on top! If you are a nice girl, you can't change that...be proud you are and WALK away...
 valenciacityx
Msg: 39
How to play a player?
Posted: 10/23/2010 4:06:47 PM
leave your panties at home.
he will get the notion you want to hit it
he will be gone in a week

you 'played' the playa
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 40
How to play a player?
Posted: 10/27/2010 7:57:39 PM
^^^^^ --> That's not a player -- that's not playing it the way they do.

A guy is called a player far more commonly for being desired by many women, showing interest in the gal, then lacking interest (usually after sexual relations), and in the end, totally disappearing. No pampering and cooing, etc. If one were to play that game to a player that'd scare him OFF. A player especially doesn't like a gal who "Never finds fault with a single thing he does" or "Make him believe he is the most wonderful man you've ever known or ever will know", and at the same time "Don't put out". He'll run. :)

If you want to "play" a player -- do what they do:
#1 at first, lessen that later on but just be attentive
#2, #3, #5, #7, #8, #10, #11
#12 - Lies? Real players don't (have to) make things up really, they just avoid things. Like caring if you are seeing anyone else. A player doesn't CARE if you are or not. So yes, do #12, but with the mindset of not caring.
#14 - Don't apologize with all your heart, but give a genuine sorry.
#15 - True -- but you don't "lose" -- you just CAN'T do all of the above if you get emotionally involved... and it's silly to get emotionally involved with ANYONE too early anyway.

A player is someone who meshes great with you initially, and is genuinely charming, but they have other options, so when you're becoming old news, they become less available.

To garner the attention of anyone who seems to lack interest (and gals will call guys "players" just because they aren't that into them), have a player-like mentality: You don't care romantically about them that much. You're not going to be that available... you're going to have other options... you'll be charming and wanted and desired but not SO much into them, and you're not going to be able to be so readily available to them.

People want what they can't have. So they chase more, get exhausted and cry foul ('player!!'). Well, don't care as much and not on ready-5 for them. Congrats. You're a "player".
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 41
How to play a player?
Posted: 10/27/2010 8:05:17 PM
The only way to play a player is to play harder.

Just like any game.
 That Handy Man
Msg: 42
How to play a player?
Posted: 10/28/2010 12:38:30 PM
Honest to a fault. What do you suppose that statement implies?

Actually, if someone proclaimed that, I would be compelled to get out my microscope!

Hey, call me a skeptic! Sometimes, making such announcments IS part of their game, designed to mislead you and catch you off guard.

Life IS a game! It's that simple! I'm not saying cheat, but showing your opponents your cards is kind of stupid, don't you think? Just as is, playing a game without knowing the rules, or maybe more importantly, informing yourself as to how your opponents (fellow humans) play their game.
 jezebellpgh
Msg: 43
How to play a player?
Posted: 10/29/2010 9:53:46 PM
Why do you want a player? Why not just get someone who treats you well. You must love drama.
 The_Song
Msg: 44
view profile
History
How to play a player?
Posted: 7/18/2011 7:59:20 PM
All the players out there that i've know ended up getting played by some girl in the end. Think the way to do it is just to get them to care about you more then you care about them.

Aobut letting them know, probably should let him know, i dont really see the harm in it
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 45
How to play a player?
Posted: 7/18/2011 10:51:14 PM
I would think the best revenge....
Is to be insufferably and blissfully happy with someone who isn't a player.
and just leave the games to the kiddies.
 lydiaxxxraquel
Msg: 46
How to play a player?
Posted: 7/19/2011 3:23:59 PM
Damn!!!! Thats good!
spoken like a true prophet!!
 merchantcarnival
Msg: 47
How to play a player?
Posted: 7/19/2011 5:27:23 PM
I have to laugh at threads like this. Women complain "I can't find a good guy" or "Chivalry is dead" but then date douchebags. Some things will never change.

This is why I'm glad I will never give a girl my heart or full attention who truly hasn't earned it over a long period of time. Too many weak men that fall in love with women just because they look good or are nice to them occasionally.
 karma1160
Msg: 48
How to play a player?
Posted: 7/20/2011 8:20:56 PM
Stop wasting your time.
 kailania
Msg: 49
How to play a player?
Posted: 7/20/2011 9:39:10 PM
this is one of the worst posts i have read.
why would you want to play a player?
want him to love you or what?
he is a player. probably always will be.
 femaleandflirty
Msg: 50
How to play a player?
Posted: 7/20/2011 9:59:27 PM
I do agree that we should wait at least a month before sex unless you are not serious about the person. If they want you they will wait and you have built up a relationship beforehand and it is all the more satisfying then to engage in intimacy later on.
If you want to just play and be casual then okay but that can be fraught with danger apart from the disease factor. Because when we have sex with others more than the physical is involved and alcohol can always bring down the barriers and make us forget all that.

Men will take easy sex but whether they respect you for it or want you for a serious partner is debatable. Always is the thought, if she does it with me so easily, who else???
That never changes despite feminism etc.
 femaleandflirty
Msg: 51
How to play a player?
Posted: 7/20/2011 10:00:30 PM
Yes who wants to waste energy on playing a player. If it is some kind of revenge thing
then that is not advisable as someone will do it to you again... Karma is karma.
 Diancarock1976
Msg: 52
view profile
History
How to play a player?
Posted: 7/21/2011 1:45:31 AM
How to play a player, well first off you never acknowledge or feed into it. Always be unavailable, and then call him out the blue and have a fabulous time with him, alot of kissing and foreplay, BUT NO SEX, a player has women throwing themselves at him, so you can't be like the rest. After you've peaked his interest somewhat, remember always have some outside interest other than him. Text him sweet little things, call him (only after you've kept him waiting on YOU, recognize a player is not waiting on women tho), call him only after he has called you.....then make sure whenever you guys talk, you're having a fabulous conversation over the phone. Call him over for dinner, COOK IT YOURSELF, always stay sexy in his presence, don't ever let him catch you slipping. Have fantastic sex with him, I mean put your A game on...(don't go down on him), you have to keep him wanting to come back to YOU, (he thinks you're his new victim, when it's the other way around), tell him fabulous it was, and send him home. Don't call for a few days, HE WILL CALL YOU FIRST, trust me, you still haven't given him the head he's desirin, he's probably getting it from some other chick, that's cool. Because you're still on him mind. When he calls stop everything you're doing and give him undivided attention. But you HANG UP FIRST, that way you keep the ball in your court. Repeat these steps for a few months, and then stop calling him altogether, no texting nothing, and don't answer when his calls...... He should be putty by then, if not then he already knows the game, and can't be played!!
 luvnsumr71
Msg: 53
How to play a player?
Posted: 7/22/2011 3:55:10 PM
You can't change a Leopard's spots !!!

You are who you are why in gawds green earth would you want to be someone who clearly you were not born to be? This world is shiz enough with all the 'bad' people in it so WHY add to that??

I am CONFUSED LOL
 luvnsumr71
Msg: 54
How to play a player?
Posted: 7/22/2011 3:56:03 PM
O and the best way to 'play a player' is to tell them to go PHUCK themselves!!
 LeMonaLisa
Msg: 55
How to play a player?
Posted: 7/22/2011 8:31:20 PM
the only games I.m partial too would maybe...be role playing......
 cookies1972
Msg: 56
How to play a player?
Posted: 7/23/2011 2:18:11 PM
why would you want a player? if you want him for a booty call then you need to just look at it as a booty call and that is all it is going to be. if you just want to have fun go for it but if you want a relationship loose the player because they are not relationship material.
 NotHereRightNow
Msg: 57
How to play a player?
Posted: 8/20/2011 9:27:04 PM
Are you trying to be a player, or are you trying to get a player to stop being a player?
if its the second one, then dont even try.
but if you want to be a player, then do what the player does, just make sure you dont catch feelings!...get him interested, then stop talking to him for a while, then get him insterested again, and repeat, hang out with a few guys and make sure he sees it, and just telling him they were just dates, but you have your eyes on him....string him along then cute the string, he comes back and tie it again.
 The_Standard_Model
Msg: 58
view profile
History
How to play a player?
Posted: 8/20/2011 10:23:11 PM

Always be unavailable, and then call him out the blue and have a fabulous time with him, alot of kissing and foreplay, BUT NO SEX.... Repeat these steps for a few months, and then stop calling him altogether, no texting nothing, and don't answer when his calls......

you totally get what I needed to know. thnx

ugh. No actually she did not. While this may work for her and is actually very effective in many cases, it will probably back fire on you. You are NOT a player, thus you are more likely to develop feelings than he will. You are a fool to try and play a player.

why would you want a player? if you want him for a booty call then you need to just look at it as a booty call and that is all it is going to be. if you just want to have fun go for it but if you want a relationship loose the player because they are not relationship material.

This is what you want to do. It's about getting what you want and not ever playing YOURSELF!! You play the player so to speak by getting what you want, but not resorting to or falling for any games. None of the quoted posters advice talked about how to NOT get sucked into his game. If he is experienced and you are not then this is a really silly idea that will end up with you holding the short end of the stick.

If you are smart, just approach him, go out and lay it on the line. You just want to sow some wild oats. It's no big deal.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > How to play a player?