Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > BC Vote-a-Date Pond Part Deux      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 rain_city
Msg: 776
BC Vote-a-Date Pond Part DeuxPage 32 of 34    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34)
I got matched this time!! Whoo Hoo!

Match and I met at John B’s. It was a POF event. I had a fantastic time. My date was PERFECT! My match has the most twinkled blue eyes combined with the greatest sense of humour, and a perfect gentleman.

Even though my match and I won’t end up as “life-long-partners” there was a connection. I’m inviting my V-A-D match to every North.BBY neighbourhood BBQ. He’s a hoot and certainly worth introducing to all my friends. They’ll like him.

I’m even more grateful for the 2nd, V-A-D pond because I met (briefly) so many of you people at John B’s. I am particularly glad I finally met Who the Fox in person… got to see Jo again… and introduced myself to so many faces I’ve seen on the forums.

You guys/gals are HOT!!!
 K3VLAR
Msg: 777
BC Vote-a-Date Pond Part Deux
Posted: 9/19/2006 11:12:32 PM
I'm still trying to organize a time that works for saraphine and I
 DodgeTruckCountry
Msg: 778
Posted: 9/19/2006 11:22:38 PM
Hey rain_city:

KUDOS, and Congrats to you, and your match.

It is so good to hear that everything worked out so well for both of you.

Hey gal, it sounds like you have a pretty large interest in your match, and it sounds like you really like the guy.

Even though my match and I won’t end up as “life-long-partners” there was a connection.

Ahhh, but thats all it takes, gal, is a connection. Just give it time, to grow and develope, because you might soooooooooooooooo, pleasantly surprised, that it just may turn into a “life-long-partnership” between you and your match.

Don't rule out that possibility, too soon.

Remember, Rome, was not built in a day, same thing applies to “life-long-partnership”.

For the meantime, just enjoy what is happening between you and your match.

And once again, KUDOS, and Congrats to you, and your match of having such a wonderful first date "together".
 The Snowbird
Msg: 779
Posted: 9/20/2006 6:11:20 AM
Hi,

I had a fun date with the person you matched me with. It was a good time and even though I don't plan to take it further, it was an enjoyable way to spend the afternoon.

MN.
 who_the_fox
Msg: 780
Posted: 9/20/2006 8:10:42 AM
I recieved the following in my email and thought I would share. I removed the names as I am not sure if the people involved want this aired "publically"

i am not sure who set me and my date up, so if you can share this with the other cupids for me...i want to say thank you..THANK YOU!!!!!. we participated in the first one, that ended at the beginning of august. we went on our date and had an absolute blast...and we seem to have become...a couple?! tee hee. and i have never been happier!!

SO gratifying!!! This is the kind of email that makes all the work and all the whining and complaining worthwhile
 n-r-gizer bunny
Msg: 781
Posted: 9/20/2006 9:48:17 AM
My coffee match and I have exchanged 11 emails and it looks like we are going to meet finally next week. Yep can't believe there is someone out there who is busier than I am.
 DodgeTruckCountry
Msg: 782
Posted: 9/20/2006 12:27:06 PM
Thank you WTF for sharing.

It sure sounds like the two people that have met, are off to a good start.

SO gratifying!!! This is the kind of email that makes all the work and all the whining and complaining worthwhile.

Yes it is, and does, and what a great incentive as well to help promote the Vote-A-Date Pond, to match people up.

Ok, people, for those who are still sitting on the fence, and wondering if YOU should sign up, it is time to sign up for round #3, and give it another go.

And give WTF and her hard working crew a chance to match you up with that special someone, cuz you will never know, if you don't sign up. You too could have the same results as those two people who were match up recently.

Once again, KUDOS, and Congrats to WTF and her hardworking crew, for matching people up, keep up the GREAT work people.

Ok people, lets go, and get signed up, and matched up.

Cuz, I am going to.

I LOVE the resounding successful results that are coming out of Vote-A-Date Pond.

Anyone care to follow me?
 rocknrollmunkey
Msg: 783
Posted: 9/20/2006 8:12:46 PM
I got some positive mail back from one of the people that I matched up too.

Good to see there's people that are making this fun and not ****ing and whining about who they had to go out with.

If you don't want to follow the rules, then don't sign up! This is for fun!

Good luck to everyone!
 forcefullady
Msg: 784
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2006 8:49:00 PM
Problem......The date you matched me with has made contact several times via email and between his schedule and mine we havent been able to meet up now the problem is i cant see it happening in the next 2 days for he seems to have disappeared and i fly off to the caribbean for a week.....sorry folks i did try but doesnt look like its gonna happen before the dead line.
 who_the_fox
Msg: 785
Posted: 9/20/2006 9:45:39 PM
No problem, we are willing to give extensions when there are extenuating circumstances

There is no date for Round 3 at this time. Looks like maybe mid Octoberish or later for the beginning on sign up.
 andiedandie
Msg: 786
Posted: 9/20/2006 11:19:44 PM
Well my date and I have made contact and chatted on the phone for a good hour... just have to figure out our schedules...looks like we'll be meeting up sometimes later next week! So Far so good Pond control...Rocknrollmunkey especially!!.... I'll keep ya'll posted once we meet... but had a great chat...so hopefully it can only get better right!!
 BonnieB
Msg: 787
view profile
History
Posted: 9/21/2006 4:08:00 PM
AnotherFish2006 and I may also need an extension... our schedules are opposite and really only allow us one night a week where we are both usually free...

We have been in contact though .. we'll let you know how it goes..
 K3VLAR
Msg: 788
Posted: 9/21/2006 5:38:16 PM

I'm still trying to organize a time that works for saraphine and I

We're going out for some curry on monday night
 Fletchelives
Msg: 789
view profile
History
Posted: 9/21/2006 9:50:07 PM
Hi Pond
I can say my date was sucessful, but in all truth it happened about 5 weeks prior to to the list coming out. But it's all good. It was a true pleasure going out with this gal, although we decided a while ago romance was not in our future. But we have gone on to become friends.
And i again applaud the efforts of all the "date a pond" boys and girls that did the match ups. I know it wasn't easy doing one for me, but i appreciate it all. And look forward to a great time in the next one as well.
 misseyes
Msg: 790
Posted: 9/21/2006 10:00:11 PM
More women up there need to sign up, fletch!
 who_the_fox
Msg: 791
Posted: 9/21/2006 10:01:33 PM
We need a better turn out up north and in the Interior *sigh*
 BonnieB
Msg: 792
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2006 6:35:32 AM
No extension required after-all.

Anotherfish2006 and I met for lovely dinner at the Boathouse on Friday night..

What a gentleman!! There actually are a few left..
 Islandsugar
Msg: 793
Posted: 9/24/2006 8:39:51 AM
Alright alright.... peachie and you foxy lady.............

I think Im ready to be thrown back into the pond.... I TRUST YOU TWO (shakes head)

Traveling summer is over and the winter adventure begins....
 sweetleo
Msg: 794
view profile
History
BC Vote-a-Date Pond
Posted: 9/24/2006 10:23:16 PM
I sure did enjoy my Saturday afternoon with my match , Brenda aka bboop . ..excellent company , great conversation over Japanese food at my favorite restaurants , Thank you..
" Date a Pond " What a fabulous idea :)
 who_the_fox
Msg: 795
Posted: 9/24/2006 10:24:09 PM
Don't post about no shows etc here. Send email to me or Misseyes
 Minerva73
Msg: 796
Posted: 9/25/2006 11:44:15 PM
I must say, the pond turned up a nice date for me ... and this being my first time through I will say i am pleasantly suprised. I had a great evening with my date and she is really a great person. We had a good time and talked a lot.
I would sign up for this again in a heart beat because I think I made a new friend. Thanx WTF and friends.
 bboop
Msg: 797
Posted: 9/26/2006 7:20:06 PM
Thank-you, a great way to meet people!
Had a great day with my match, met another new friend!!
to "the fox"
 bcbear
Msg: 798
Posted: 9/26/2006 11:39:21 PM
I agree it is a great way to meet new people and I've gained a good friend in Chantilly Lace . we met for coffe to discuss the plan and looked at doing something she had never done , while that didn't work out . we ended up at a line dancing class, which I had never done... never saw pink cowboy boots before cute....it was a blast and a great group at the Cowichan rec center line dancing every tuesday for $6 best deal in town. And yes she is a better dancer then me but I'm trying!!!!I'll be back to do that again looks so easy just my left foot cross the right and dam I fall down.....
 DodgeTruckCountry
Msg: 799
Posted: 9/26/2006 11:44:27 PM
Congrats bboop, and to your match of having such a wonderful time together.

Ahh, ya got to LOVE all these great success results, of people meeting their matches, and have such a GREAT time together.

It shows that Vote-A-Date Pond works VERY well, and the good results of that are showing up now.

As for the no shows, HUH, what are they?

Cuz with the successful matches that is being generated, through Vote-A-Date Pond and the great fun that these matched people are having together, are more then outweighing the no shows.

Well, will be looking forward to signing up for round #3 in the Vote-A-Date Pond, expecially with all these successful results.
 Sir_Gallant
Msg: 800
Posted: 9/27/2006 12:23:19 AM
Well, it seems it is like a pretty fun event, hopefully that part Three, will be even better, and this time I get partake in this event. BTW Foxy, and Misseyes I am not being bitter about not being paired up, in part duex. I know that there were shortage on the Island, and I hoping that this time will be different ^_^ V
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > BC Vote-a-Date Pond Part Deux