Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
Msg: 9
more favorites, less chances?Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Thats not true, the favorites hardly ever contact their so called "favorite." Favorites are full of crap.
 UnzippedPassion
Msg: 10
view profile
History
more favorites, less chances?
Posted: 7/29/2006 8:29:18 PM
This topic is soooooo redundant and it's been pointed out many times that the number listed has no bearing on who writes, or whom that person is corresponding with. People have no control over who adds them and it was proven several times that even if you delete those people who added you, they just put you right back.

There are many reasons people add others to their friendships. They may like their pics, they may be friends, forum buddies, general interests, and even as a remembrance factor when they're on line for a short time...spot someone...and want to remember to go back to that person.

Regardless, those who are intiminated by a number, could be missing out on the chance to communicate with someone really cool! I'd suggest never holding back because of a silly number!

I try to respectfully respond to all/100 percent of my emails as soon as I can! It may not be an immediate response because of the volume but I never "unread delete" anyone!
 Tanya2000
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 7/29/2006 8:40:01 PM
That is all very well, but you should try that when you have a few hundred emails waiting for you. Consider all possible circumstances, before making such broad judgments. Perhaps you have the hours in the day...........to just be online. Not everyone does.
 Tanya2000
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 7/29/2006 8:44:20 PM
that last post was in answer to:
I totally agree with you Dreammaker64! Replying to messages is just common courtesy. Sometimes its a "Thank you for your email but I don't think we would be a good match." but I think someone should always respond. I like to treat people how I would like to be treated.(MissedKitty)
 UnzippedPassion
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 7/29/2006 9:43:51 PM
Sometimes if we ^^^^ read all the responses/posts on a thread, we may actually learn that many people disagree with what's being said and even prove that the statements are wrong.

msg 16
UnzippedPassion

As I said, this thread is redundant and should be closed!!!! Try typing in "favorites" in the search window near "thread title" and hit search!! There you'll find many threads already started on this topic where everyone is welcome to join in so we may all read everyone's opinion! : ) Just trying to help before it disappears!!
 CloneAlone
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2006 8:26:21 AM
The theme I have noticed is that a lady with a profile that has racy pics showing boobs, legs, etc. seem to have LOTS of favorites!
For me at least, I don't pay much attention to the favorites count because nobody really controls that. But, if she has pics like that on her profile while it at the same time says something like 'Looking for good, honest man for long term' I usually pass right by. If she is using her looks to attract a guy, it will only be a physical attraction and I want more depth than that in a companion.
As always, just my humble opinion.
 lindy_3333
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2006 8:54:45 AM
Amen to Thievery Corp. I have people on my favorites I never talked to. I forget to see who is there. lol.. Favorite lists mean nothing at all. Or they can mean everything.. its all how they and the ones on it view it. I add myself to some people because of many reasons.. Don't sell yourself short because there are no or many people on others favorite lists!
 UnzippedPassion
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2006 5:39:16 PM
But, if she has pics like that on her profile while it at the same time says something like 'Looking for good, honest man for long term' I usually pass right by. If she is using her looks to attract a guy, it will only be a physical attraction and I want more depth than that in a companion.
As always, just my humble opinion.

Wow, I'm so glad that was just a humble opinion although I don't see anything humble in it at all!

I have a lot of good friends whom express themselves in various ways and I never judge anyone by the silly pics they use on this site especially or their profiles they write. I've learned that they're all unique individuals by getting to know them first before deciding to MISjudge them and lose out on communicating with a very interesting person. As for determining that the people they attract by their unique pics will only become physical attractions........WRONG!!! LMAO and I have several friends who will attest to that one. In fact, I've met more wonderful caring people who will absolutely remain a part of my life because they took the time to get to know me instead of passing me by because they ASSUmed something about me that was ridiculously far from the truth...

It's what's on the outside (physically) that first attracts us, but it's what's on the inside that keeps us there!!!
 CloneAlone
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 7/31/2006 7:22:14 AM
Maybe I stated that poorly.
I appreciate silly or unique pics, I love to laugh so a good pic that brings a smile is always appreciated. What I was talking about were the pure 'booty shots' designed to do nothing more than showcase physical attributes. Many of which are often followed by a one or two line profile that really doesn't say much. I don't know what relationship might result, no one does, but the initial reason for contact will likely be nothing more than a physical attraction. (Or they get added to LOTS of favorites lists, LOL).

And I'm not judging those folks, if it works for them, congratulations! I just know that for myself a 'booty shot' isn't going to get my attention as much as a catchy profile that shows you have heart, soul, and a brain.
 Highkerius Slamopolus
Msg: 28
Posted: 1/10/2007 10:40:26 AM
If the one's with a high number on their favorites lists
are not replying, these could be the following reasons,

(a)They are only interested in someone who offers something.

(b)They only want to correspond with the contacts they already
have on the dating site, but don't want to give them their e mail
address and are not looking for anyone new.

(c)They are just a tease and laughing at the responses.

(d)They are not serious.

(e)They are a dating site celebrity.

(f)They think they are so beautiful and should be exposed to
the public eye.

(g)They are on the site to feed their ego and give the illusion of rejection.

(h)They believe that nobody is good enough for them.

(i)They are nuts.

(j)They are internet only.
 Highkerius Slamopolus
Msg: 30
Posted: 1/10/2007 10:49:39 AM
Arugula, If they are friends, then one would think they would be replying to each others mail.
 mimosa
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2007 10:55:53 AM
^^^^^ Lol you have a definite talent, zero out of ten right in my case and I'm sure in most cases. I take it as a compliment and if they want to contact me they are welcome. My favs are something in the profile I liked, a look, an expression, I found them handsome whatever. I rarely contact them unless I want to compliment them.

Now testimonials would be another thing, I wouldn't want to seem too busy.
 tommyboy1962
Msg: 41
Posted: 5/20/2007 10:43:50 AM
True when i view a womans profile and i see that she is on a million favorite lists i usually do not reply simply because the words high maintenance flashes in my mind if that many men are replying and she is still looking i tend to think that she is more into looking than into finding a man window shopping u could say.
 waltah1962
Msg: 42
Posted: 5/22/2007 2:03:37 AM

"Attention men who email me. I get HUNDREDS of emails everytime I check so obviously I will only be answering a select few. I'm sorry so many men want me but that's the way nature goes. If I don't care to get back to you good luck in your search. I'm sure someone will settle for you some day."

I think that would incorporate courtesy very well.

I don't know how courteous it is to say "someone will settle for you some day." Seems pretty damned rude, frankly. I'd stop after "good luck in your search."
 MrWine
Msg: 43
Posted: 11/10/2007 7:54:32 PM
I like the favourites (oops favorites) list since it allows keeping track of people you're interested in or are in touch with .... but what use is it to tell anyone who sees my profile that I am on xxx lists?
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 47
Posted: 11/10/2007 9:30:50 PM
Tha is just ridiculouse. I have may and am dateless. For those of you look at silly numbers on a free-dating date, it't with theo things:

self-exteem issues
or
self=exteem issues.

Get over it ~ it' s just numbers ona while screen. I wish there were ONE datable an in there ~ HA~ not hardlel JMO
 rsx11s
Msg: 50
Posted: 12/26/2007 5:28:36 PM
Or course. So it's 18,000:1 instead of 16,000:1. Do you really care about the difference?
 mariacba
Msg: 51
Posted: 12/26/2007 6:37:45 PM
I agree with you Irish Girl.
Follow your heart. Don't pay attention to the number of favourites .Perhaps you may miss to opportunity to know somebody really nice and worthy to meet.
I have lived a wonderful story because I dared to put somebody on my favorite list.
I just wrote him a message . He was looking for a long term relatioship, I was looking for talk/e.mail. He didn't accept nobody without a pic ( I didn't have a pic).He didn't accept nobody who live 75 miles away from Denver.I live in Argetnina .He doesn't speak Spanish I speak a little English. And SURPRISE!!! I soon got a replied to my mail. After a month of communication a sent him a pic ( I thought it was disrespecful not send it. He hadn't seen me yet!!).I thought that it was a WONDERFUL pic!! (Later I knew he didn't like it. And he is right I look like if I were in prison , only the bars are missing).Then he saw me through the cam And there he changed his mind ,I liked him and came to visit me for three days!!. I 've spent some wonderful time with him. We are still in contact.I don't know what may happen in our future but I am happy.I've met a wonderful man.
Good luck
 Cynderella
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 12/26/2007 9:02:14 PM
# 42: They are nuts.

That's it!!!

Funny...I had to address that on my profile...what do ppl think?

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >