Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Brady Quinn for heisman      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 whocareswhyimhere
Msg: 76
Brady Quinn for heismanPage 4 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I would have to give my vote for heisman to Kenny Irons of Alburn. He is a strong back that can run around you or he can run through you. t's sad that he isn't getting talked about much.
 goldendomer86
Msg: 77
Brady Quinn for heisman
Posted: 9/28/2006 5:11:25 PM
okay eman you've mentioned all this shit before, you've made your point now back off. all the ND haters are just mad because ND is smart at money making decisions.
 kingbreeze
Msg: 78
Brady Quinn for heisman
Posted: 9/29/2006 6:49:18 PM
brady quinn is a good QB but i seriously doubt that he will win the heisman this year and if they keep having games like the last two i don't think he'll even be in the final vote, but there still may be a chance
 goldendomer86
Msg: 79
Brady Quinn for heisman
Posted: 10/1/2006 12:32:04 AM
ND's first three games were against teams in the top thirty, not to mention UCLA and a little team known as USC!!!!! So don't give that lame old crap about weak schedules. everyone has cake teams. the only difference Nd has is they play them in the middle of the season instead of the beginning so stop whinning. Plus every team in the country would kill to have a contract with NBC. You're just pissed because ND beat everyone to the punch A_HOLE.
 pharoah75
Msg: 80
Brady Quinn for heisman
Posted: 10/1/2006 11:48:04 AM
The top 30? So now we are stretching the ranking to include the top 30 to gain credibility. Interesting. Fact is ND does have a fairly weak schedule. You want respect....play good teams (plural)....AND WIN. Playing THREE ranked teams in a 12 game season is NOT a tough schedule. And no conference championship game to worry about.

By contrast, University of Florida is scheduled to play FIVE ranked teams (not counting Alabama that was just knocked out of the top 25 the week before they faced off) in a 12 game schedule, three of them currently in the TOP TEN, and then will most likely face a ranked team in the SEC Championship game if they win out.

It's funny...when you run out of excuses for your team you just call people names and tell them to go to hell. Very impressive.
 Niteowl007
Msg: 81
Brady Quinn for heisman
Posted: 10/1/2006 1:36:06 PM
Pharoah....you are right! Florida has a brutal schedule, especially over the next 3 weeks. If they get through October, they would have certainly earned their ranking, and even moved up!!

Goldendomer.....I have been watching this post for a while, and I would like you to list the reasons for the rest of us that Brady Quinn should get the Heisman ?? The sole reason of him being the QB at ND does not hold ANY water!! All I can deduct from your posts is that the rest us are all azzholes because we don't worship the air that Brady Quinn breathes!!

As for me, I think that his chances took a hit in their first game against Georgia Tech. Although he got the win, his effort was far from Heisman like. Then 2 games later, his shot at the Heisman was buried in the turf at ND Stadium (along with his face) by the Wolverine defense. Hell....we can go one further, and say that it took him over 3 quarters against Michigan State to realize he wasn't playing the Wolverine front 4 anymore!!
 goldendomer86
Msg: 82
Brady Quinn for heisman
Posted: 10/1/2006 9:06:25 PM
you know niteowl i've just about had it with all of your bullshit! the only person i'm calling an ***hole on here is you! its one thing to slam a team after your team won big but its another thing to keep doing it 2 weeks after it happened. like when you replace your main picture with the one you got now just to piss ND fans off, that's being a complete ***hole and your going to get called an ***hole. i dont expect anyone to bow down to quinn or ND but show a little goddamn respect! i have respect for the wolverines even the last 2 seasons prior when we beat them. i'm not a fan but i do respect their program. you show no respect whatsoever, but then again you dont seem to have enough class to show any respect. i never once said that quinn was going to win the heisman only that he was a top candidate. i never put my foot in my mouth and said ND was going to run over michigan, so why are u being an ***hole to me? if ND won i wouldn't slam your team in the ground on a daily basis.
 Niteowl007
Msg: 83
Brady Quinn for heisman
Posted: 10/1/2006 9:54:49 PM
I'm glad you liked the pic!!! my work here is done!!!
 Niteowl007
Msg: 84
Brady Quinn for heisman
Posted: 10/1/2006 11:38:47 PM
First off....do you really think I'm worried what a few Irish fans think??

Secondly.....I haven't tried any self promotion for my team or any of it's players!! I will let them decide their fate on the field, and I'm not trying to proclaim on these forums how good they are or any of their players are, especially months before the season starts!! I don't even see ANY fans other than Irish fans doing that!!. If my team, and my QB took a beating like the Irish did, I sure wouldn't be running my mouth on here!!

If you're going to put yourself out there....you better be able to back it up!! Point is, ND isn't as good as you'd like them to be, and surely Quinn isn't as good as you would like him to be!!

I haven't said anything about ND that isn't true....whether you like hearing it or not!! Their defense ranks in the lower half of the NCAA. Giving up almost 500 yards of offense , ND was lucky they were playing Purdue!!

Going into Saturdays game ND's running game was ranked 108th!!

Oh yeah.....and as long as I'm not putting up nudity, I can pretty much put up any picture I want!! Go cry in your green beer.....errrr.....I mean Kool-Aid!! When Notre Dame beats a quality opponent, or Brady Quinn actually shows up in a big game....then you we'll talk!!
 Wildstar
Msg: 85
Brady Quinn for heisman
Posted: 10/2/2006 6:59:24 AM
I guess since you don't consider ND any good then Michigan hasn't played any quality opp. this year and they are way overated with their soft schedule at the begining of the season. We'll see if the mighty Wolverines are deserving or not after this 3 week stretch coming up.
 Niteowl007
Msg: 86
Brady Quinn for heisman
Posted: 10/2/2006 12:04:24 PM
I never said ND wasn't any good. I said they weren't deserving of their earlier No.2 ranking, and I don't think they are a top 15 team. Although Brady Quinn is a good college QB, he is not the world beater that the media would have us believe. All you have to do is look at his (lack) of performance in big games.

I am not saying that Michigan will go unbeaten, but they have definately put a better product on the field on a weekly basis than ND has. There's no question about that!! They are much better than ND, as was proven to everyone that doesn't wear a green shirt on Sept. 16th !! A couple of turnovers does not equal a 26 point loss at HOME!! Michigan dominated in EVERY aspect of the game!! Get over it! Nobody wants to here about how good ND is because they come back on a MSU team that turns around and loses to an Illinois team that hasn't won a Big Ten game in 2 years. Or a Purdue team that had a defense that was ranked at 105 coming into Saturdays game.

The problem that I have with ND is the fans that continue to talk about how good they are when they clearly are not, and with the media that continues to cater to ND. The sad reality is that ND will probably finish the season with 2 losses and sneak into a BCS game........and get SLAUGHTERED again!!!......and Brady Quinn will continue to pad his stats against teams with that are among the worst in college football. Yes he will manage to be invited to New York in December, but no, I do not believe that he will win the Heisman, and deservedly so!!

I want someone here to tell me why he should be the Heisman Trophy winner over the likes of Troy Smith, Adrian Peterson or Garrett Wolfe (Irish fans...do you even know who that is??)

As soon as you want to have an intelligent debate, and not demand that respect be given to ND....because they are ND, you just let me know???

Respect is earned on the field.....and judging by the way ND has played their games this year ....we are still waiting!! They struggled against a GT team that may be pretty good this year, blew out a Penn State team that hasn't shown anything yet to a quality opponent. They were totally embarrassed by Michigan at HOME, came back to salvage a game against an MSU team that looks like it and it's coach are done already. Then they beat a offense only team in Purdue......next up?? Stanford, which is one of the worst defensive teams in football giving up a staggering 461 yards in total offense and almost 38 points per game.

Sure....it LOOKS like ND is playing better offensively how can you tell?? Until you beat a quality opponent....be thankful of your "Tough" schedule!!

Georgia Tech remains ND's only game to hang a hat on this season.
 Wildstar
Msg: 87
Brady Quinn for heisman
Posted: 10/2/2006 3:18:32 PM
Annnnd Notre Dame is Michigan's only hang your hat game for them so far this season. Oh wait I'm sorry they were "quality" wins against Central Michigan, Vandy, Wisc and Minn. Ugggggh, basicly your just mad cause ND fans cheer louder than Michigan ones and we have more in the media. So we hype up our team, get over your whining. We knew after the first game everything about ND this season was up in the air but they are still our team, of course we're not gonna back down and until they lose more games or go to a BCS game and lose again all we hear is hot air coming from another buffoon who hates ND. I'll give Michigan this............ they have way cooler helments!
 goldendomer86
Msg: 88
Brady Quinn for heisman
Posted: 10/2/2006 4:40:52 PM
oh very smart comments niteowl, you've really gotten some good new material, i've only heard the green kool aid comment like 3 times from you, what a quickshot you are! i really dont give a shit what ND's rank is in whatever category or what their opponents' ranks are because any team can play like their number one on any given day, or are you just too stupid to figure that out. you've been running your damn mouth about every aspect of the game for two weeks now, the wolverines won and that's that so move on! you mentioned before all that crap about the ND running game, darius walker 146 yards on 31 carries plus a TD, and not to mention 73 yards on 9 receptions, so all the shit that comes out of your mouth you can shove it straight up your ass!
 pharoah75
Msg: 89
Brady Quinn for heisman
Posted: 10/2/2006 10:40:39 PM
Bottom line for ND....play an actual tough schedule...not your idea of a tough schedule. WIN those big games....and then you will have earned the respect you are begging for.

The reason so many people dislike ND....is that no matter what crap they put on the field or chumps they beat (while losing the tough games).....every year they get hyped. Their preseason #2 ranking was ridiculous.
 goldendomer86
Msg: 90
Brady Quinn for heisman
Posted: 10/3/2006 3:13:05 PM
yeah well fortunately for us ND fans people like you dont decide the rankings and schedules.
 drtywhtboy
Msg: 91
Brady Quinn for heisman
Posted: 10/3/2006 7:02:34 PM
good one damer. but unfortunatley for everyone else rankings are often decided by guys who don't watch games and thats how the irish attain their lofty status
 goldendomer86
Msg: 92
Brady Quinn for heisman
Posted: 10/3/2006 8:48:35 PM
i'll give you that, the people that do decide the official rankings are a joke. they're people who wear pocket protectors and whose pants go up past their socks. its like watching revenge of the nerds, lol! but anyway in regards to the lofty status comment, regardless to what you guys think the irish are worthy of being one of the top elite teams in the nation, they're not the best not yet anyway, but they are a winning team and yes they have won big games in recent years. everyone says they choke in big games that's not entirely true. they didnt beat michigan this year but they did last year in ann arbor which is hard enough to do, 2003 beating a highly ranked pitt team with larry fitzgerald, 2004 beating tennessee at old rocky top, 2003 coming back to win in OT over a wash. state team that had a rose bowl appearance the year before, and 2002 beating florida state at florida state. so even though certain teams dont show up on that list there still are some pretty damn tough ones on there.
 Wildstar
Msg: 93
Brady Quinn for heisman
Posted: 10/7/2006 9:02:07 PM
Man what a great weekend! The Irish won, the Poodles were embarassed by the Vols and Ga. Tech won! Notre Dame should move up to #9. The Vols will probably go to #8. Great friggin weekend!
 goldendomer86
Msg: 94
Brady Quinn for heisman
Posted: 10/8/2006 2:37:29 PM
and to top it all off the bears beat the hell out of the bills.
 boxman
Msg: 95
Brady Quinn for heisman
Posted: 10/8/2006 4:14:30 PM
I'm just sitting here thinking how good life would be if Quinn were in a Jaguar jersey. We need a quarterback in the worst way.
 MI Niteowl
Msg: 96
Brady Quinn for heisman
Posted: 11/18/2006 10:31:33 PM
Looks like after Troy Smith's performance against the Wolverine defense today that the 2006 Heisman race is over. His play was a definate factor in the Buckeye win.
 MI Niteowl
Msg: 97
Brady Quinn for heisman
Posted: 11/19/2006 11:06:18 AM
I'll second that vote!! I wish OSU would have given him his degree early!!
 long442
Msg: 98
Brady Quinn for heisman
Posted: 11/20/2006 10:27:24 AM
Troy Smith put up 42 on ....Michigan

and

Brady Quinn put up 42 on.....Army

yeah, Quinn's going to win the heisman....

Must be smoking some good stuff over there in South Bend...
 CBF51
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Brady Quinn for heisman
Posted: 11/21/2006 7:50:33 AM

Heisman is going to Troy Smith for sure. I like Brady Quinn, but Troy is having better press and that translates into a big win for him.

Troy has the Heisman for sure. But it is tough to see Brady Quinn have such a good year (with the exception of the game with the team up north) and not win. We here in Columbus watched Quinn play in high school for Dublin and knew he would be special..
 long442
Msg: 100
Brady Quinn for heisman
Posted: 11/21/2006 9:06:33 AM

but Troy is having better press and that translates into a big win for him

Yeah thats why.... Nothing to do with one quarterback beating UM and the other losing... or Quinn losing TO Smith when they played last January.

No...all media bias... thats totally what is going on...

Troy Smith gets press because he has fantastic games against ranked teams (i.e. Texas, Iowa, Michigan, and Notre Dame last January) ...Quinn has great games against - Army....

4 TD against Army is not the same as 4 TD against UM...

Troy Smith has a 3-0 record against arch rival Michigan. ...What is Quinn's record against USC and UM?

Smith has proven himself OVER and OVER again while Quinn sputters out in big games either losing or barely winning...and people in South Bend still think it is media bias? Yikes! The Jessie Jackson in me is starting to think Quinn fans might have an ulterior motive for not liking Troy Smith....
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Brady Quinn for heisman