Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sandra47ok
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Have you had to BURY one of your kids?Page 10 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
My heart truly goes out to you and yes I have been through it my daughter has been gone for 20 years now and I had a really bad time of it at first but I depended on God to see me through and He has. Do you have other kids? I do so that also made me realise for their sakes I had to continue living never mind that for the longest time I just didnt understand why she had to go. Just remember the time you had together and treasure it. God Bless you. Sandra47ok
 Ravenstar66
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Have you had to BURY one of your kids?
Posted: 9/9/2007 2:00:43 PM
My heart goes out to you....

I lost one child to stillbirth...14 years ago. I still think of her often, and get teary. She will alwways be in my heart.

It would be disrespectful for me to say I understand, that is a very personal pain. But I do know for me it is one of the hardest things I have had to experience. I hope you are getting grief counselling and other support.

Many bright blessings and comfort to you.

hd321
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2008 10:28:15 PM
YEAIDD, you need to talk to a professional (counselor, psychiatrist, something like that). What you went through is one of the toughest things to deal with but you can't continue to let it eat the rest of your life away. You have other children to think of and family that loves you. Forget the embarassment or the worry or whatever is keeping you from getting help. Do what you need to do to start healing. It will eat you alive if you don't deal with it (constructively). Each day is a new day. Each day is a new start. My favorite quote is "I will not merely endure, I will prevail".
P.S. I haven't lost a child. My son has a severe birth defect and will eventually die (at a very young age). I deal with feelings like you everyday. Get help now before you can't.
 flcntrygirl80
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 10/14/2008 10:53:45 PM
You have my sympathy. While I have never had to bury my child, thank God, I understand loss. Have you talked with a grief counselor or therapist? What about antidepressants to get you over the hump?
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >