Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Do You Think Meeting Women Here Means They Are "On The Prowl"?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 that1greatguy
Msg: 1
Do You Think Meeting Women Here Means They Are "On The Prowl"?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Just a thought. Would you say that women on sites like these are more aggressive? Would anyone worry that if you were to meet someone here, that down the road they would just "trade up" with one of the next hundred guys who message them?

How about a female perspective?

M
 cotter
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Do You Think Meeting Women Here Means They Are On The Prowl?
Posted: 7/17/2006 8:57:37 PM
Female perspective here:
Would you say that women on sites like these are more aggressive?
Don't know about women ... but my feeling is that there are many men on here who have been hurt unnecessarily by women and have put up walls around themselves ... perhaps appear to be aggressive or callous. I can understand that. It's nothing I can't handle.

If anything, I have a tendency (it's a personality thing) to be able to assure them that I'm not one of those types. I don't hit and run ... and they come to realize that. As a result, I generally stay friends with 99% of the men I have met here and although we may never become lovers or have a real relationship ... they know they can talk to me about anything.

Would anyone worry that if you were to meet someone here, that down the road they would just "trade up" with one of the next hundred guys who message them?
The thought has occurred to me that some men (and women) do that. I always try to hold back with developing any real feelings for a man until I know him a little better. Friends first, lovers later. That "intuituon" thing (some women have built-in lie detectors) pretty much tells me at what point it's safe to start showing that I care ... or not.

stoneside
Msg: 3
Posted: 7/18/2006 9:04:45 AM
I find everybody more aggressive on here than I think they would be in person.
 daynadaze
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2008 4:17:21 PM
Well, that was condescending. No I don't think people who use online dating sites are any more anything than the next person.
 Xcen
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2008 9:50:00 PM
Well, obviously not a female perspective here:,,,,,,,,,,First, this thread lay dormant for two years then here it pops up. Hmmmm. Second, by definition, I would think anyone on a singles site is "prowling" or as this site has it ,,,,,,,,,FISHING. I guess the OP has a different definition of prowling though. Yes, there are tons of serial daters, serial game-players, cheating folks, etc on every site. Third: just by reading the forums one can quickly see that many of the people are just being super, super picky or paranoid and basically unavailable. Fourth: my experience with POF is that the chances of actually meeting a keeper are much better elsewhere. Happy Fishing/prowling. Oh, and if by "prowling females" you mean an aggressive woman that will approach you and hunt you down,,,,,,,,,,,not, likely
 inretrospect
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2008 12:57:22 AM
Prowl, having the meaning of scouring through countless profiles and creeping on members of the preferred sex (or non-preferred when things get *really* boring on this site), and sifting through said profiles to find one you like enough to message?

I was going to say 'no' and follow-up with a detailed, snarky explanation, but I realized that, apparently...'Yes', is the proper answer.

The Internet was made for creeping, yeah?
Or maybe, just for creepers like me.
I don't even know what the point of my reply was.
Apologies.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Do You Think Meeting Women Here Means They Are "On The Prowl"?