Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tangofish
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Women too pickyPage 3 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
I like to have my cake and eat it too, I mean why the hell would I want a cake if I wasn't going to eat it. I've got a fast metabolism, so I dont need to worry about what happens after I eat my cake.

Also I prefer ice cream cake, maybe a cookies and cream variety, or possibly mint chocolate chip. But if I'm really honest, I don't even like dessert unless I'm high or something, and I don't get high anymore.

The point I'm trying to make is that right now I'm imagining trustinkarma bursting out of a birthday cake in a bikini while singing happy birthday to Mr president.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Women too picky
Posted: 12/5/2015 1:05:11 AM
really!! you find Tom Cruise sexy even though he is gay, interesting...that high voice never did it for me...... Nicole married another guy shorter than her but at least he was able to produce biological children with her and is to all intents and purposes, straight.

5'7 is short, not average for men, at least in Australia.

Shorter men with money, status and some kind of influence will always find a partner.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Women too picky
Posted: 12/5/2015 4:54:55 PM
I agree attractive women get the new girl rush and then it dies down unless she has really sexplicit pics on and is really hot but then would she be real? Using too busy is just an excuse to blow a guy off.
 2shotdancer
Msg: 97
Women too picky
Posted: 12/5/2015 5:05:38 PM

I highly doubt that being 6 feet tall endows a man with magical abilities to conduct a deep and meaningful relationship that men under 6 feet do not have.

Lol. Only here in the forums. It's a work in progress for most everyone I'd imagine.
 Walts
Msg: 98
Women too picky
Posted: 12/5/2015 5:41:33 PM

Are you kidding me? People "remold" themselves all the time.

True but, it best be wise to have a pretty good reason to do so, and remember what you are actually "giving up" to reinvent yourself. Sometimes the reason isn't the best and the price is a little high.
 Maleman999
Msg: 99
Women too picky
Posted: 12/6/2015 5:53:12 PM
I tried that, but the molding presses hurt too much.
 2shotdancer
Msg: 100
Women too picky
Posted: 12/7/2015 2:17:22 AM

Don't want to be someone's last resort or second choice.

True dat.
 castlehillsmile
Msg: 101
Women too picky
Posted: 12/7/2015 2:33:31 AM
When I remould myself can I choose the new shape and skin condition?
Boobs more perky.
Tummy tucked in.
Bottom lifted.
Tuck shop arms firmed.
Wrinkles smoothed.
Nails stronger.
Sun damaged skin renewed.
Bad memories removed.
Pheromones to attract the blokes customised to what I want.

Where can I get one of these moulds?
 Lasthookbringsme
Msg: 102
Women too picky
Posted: 12/7/2015 6:53:44 AM
One can't get away from themselves, no matter how many times they repackage themselves, no matter where they go in the world, no matter how many lies they tell themselves.

I've only seen one such transformation in a human being that is believable, and it's not mine.
 south_city
Msg: 103
Women too picky
Posted: 12/7/2015 7:14:03 AM

I love tall men - at least 5'10" or taller, but not taller than about 6'4". Yes, I'm picky. And I wouldn't want a guy who is not picky himself. Don't want to be someone's last resort or second choice.

I think there is middle ground being extremely picky and being someone's last resort in the beginning. Going out with a man that is 5' 8". But matches most of your requirements is fine. If it doesn't work out after a few dates, then you could move on.
 Maleman999
Msg: 104
Women too picky
Posted: 12/7/2015 7:41:59 AM
^^^That works fine in theory, but physical attraction (or lack of) is instant. A guy a woman finds too short will never make the grade, not matter what good qualities he has. It's like telling a guy who is turned off by obese women to look beyond the obesity and look for the qualities that matches most of the other requirements-it ain't gonna work.
 Nth_degree1111
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Women too picky
Posted: 12/7/2015 10:52:14 AM

That works fine in theory, but physical attraction (or lack of) is instant. A guy a woman finds too short will never make the grade, not matter what good qualities he has.

Not true. I've had woman change their minds about me after initially not being interested.
 Chromis1
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Women too picky
Posted: 12/7/2015 11:47:59 AM

Not true. I've had woman change their minds about me after initially not being interested.

Or, constructing their profile in a way that leads you to believe they might not be interested.

Another site doesn't block emails as POF does. What's a guy supposed to think? Woman is looking for 5'10" or taller - should I email her? I'm 5 years outside her preferred age range? Shoot her a message anyhow? Later I learn "Oh ... that? ... that was just a guideline". For others, it's set in stone. Just take your shot and forget about it, I suppose.
 2shotdancer
Msg: 107
Women too picky
Posted: 12/7/2015 5:57:35 PM

It's like telling a guy who is turned off by obese women to look beyond the obesity and look for the qualities that matches most of the other requirements-it ain't gonna work.

This is true.

I never really paid a lot of attention to the height of men but after hearing so many stories here in the forums I made a point to just observe mens heights in a social setting a few weeks ago and I'm surprised to say that the majority were sub 6 ft, however that didn't translate into a stampede to me being 6'2" and not overweight, in fact I was....well a story for another time perhaps. It is what it is....good or not so good.
 south_city
Msg: 108
Women too picky
Posted: 12/8/2015 6:46:00 AM

That works fine in theory, but physical attraction (or lack of) is instant. A guy a woman finds too short will never make the grade, not matter what good qualities he has. It's like telling a guy who is turned off by obese women to look beyond the obesity and look for the qualities that matches most of the other requirements-it ain't gonna work.

Depends on the person. While many people won't budge from their requirements, others might be more flexible to a certain extent. While a man that usually prefers slender or athletic / fit women may not date an obese woman. He could date a woman that is somewhat overweight or chubby.
 Nth_degree1111
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Women too picky
Posted: 12/8/2015 10:20:22 AM

Or, constructing their profile in a way that leads you to believe they might not be interested.

I was actually thinking of real life situations, but now that you mention it, I have been contacted here by women whose profiles clearly excluded me on several "requirements", such as height, facial hair, etc. Talk about feeling like a last choice.
 ohenryx
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Women too picky
Posted: 12/8/2015 1:33:59 PM
^^^

When I am trolling online for dates, I usually prefer the "other free dating site", mostly because of the question and answer format. If a woman has gone to the trouble of answering a few dozen (or a few hundred questions), I can sort her answers by what I find important, and get a very quick feel for whether we might be a match.

I am always surprised, sometimes even shocked, by the women who make first contact and whose answers would seem to very specifically preclude me. There is one multiple choice question that goes

If one of your potential matches were overweight, would that be a dealbreaker?

Yes, even if they were slightly overweight.

Yes, but only if they were obese.

No.

No, in fact I prefer overweight people.

Women who have chosen as their answer, “Yes, even if they were slightly overweight” have sent me first messages.

Very strange world we live in.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Women too picky
Posted: 12/8/2015 4:31:23 PM
castlehillsmile

7-8 almonds a day will strengthen your nails, works for me.
If we didn't have our bad memories we would not have learned any lessons or be able to choose or do better next time, right?
There are foundations garments that will perk the boobs and lift the buttocks apparently.
Pheromones can be bought in the guise of certain perfumes and scents.
But at the end of the day we are the age we are and it is not all about looks.
 south_city
Msg: 112
Women too picky
Posted: 12/8/2015 7:39:02 PM

I was actually thinking of real life situations, but now that you mention it, I have been contacted here by women whose profiles clearly excluded me on several "requirements", such as height, facial hair, etc.

When I was another dating site, some women contacted me even though my race wasn't included on their list of races that they claimed to be looking for on the profile. Or I was outside their age range.
 ShowboatSupreme
Msg: 113
Women too picky
Posted: 12/10/2015 12:03:15 PM
Are large feet a plus?
 Iredurbio2
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Women too picky
Posted: 12/17/2015 1:01:31 AM
It's rather easy to have a boyfriend and then claim he had everything you were looking for.
It all comes down to people do settle.We would never know,so why take it to
such an extreme shaking fists. Gloating is worse than ranting I'm picky!
 rockstartrucker82
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Women too picky
Posted: 12/26/2015 8:42:57 AM

Men can blame themselves for women being picky lol. The quality of men has sadly declined over the years, forcing women to become more skeptical and selective. There's a reason why we're more picky, to protect ourselves and weed out the bad from the good =)

I completely agree when it comes to quality. But to an extent, it's not that black and white. Quality of women have declined too.

But I'm 5'10.5, to not date me because your arbitrary height requirement is 5'11, that's just looking for a reason to not date.

Standards are important to have, but there's a difference between having standards and completely self-defeating requirements. Plus you have to be realistic. If you're professionally unemployed, no car, 2 kids, and you're demanding a guy with a great job, a nice car, and ok with your kids and the fact that you're not having any more, why should he want you? What are you bringing to the table?

And that's the difference between standards and being picky. Standards want a quality of guy that's going to treat you right and support you, and yeah, maybe be attractive to you, being picky wants a 6'0 tanned, toned muscles, male model and nobody else has a shot with you. Guess which one you see more commonly in girls' profiles on here.
 TrvstInKarma
Msg: 116
Women too picky
Posted: 12/26/2015 11:37:33 AM
Standards are important to have, but there's a difference between having standards and completely self-defeating requirements. Plus you have to be realistic. If you're professionally unemployed, no car, 2 kids, and you're demanding a guy with a great job, a nice car, and ok with your kids and the fact that you're not having any more, why should he want you? What are you bringing to the table?

---

Good point, and I always wonder when I get messages from out of shape, older guys with not much to offer, but who demand women who are in shape and ten years younger than them (and they are SHOCKED that I don't jump for joy that they are talking to me).

Here are the things I have to offer:
I am healthy and in decent shape (great shape come spring, lol) - meaning I want someone on that level
I'm fairly attractive to most men, and I would like a man who is attractive to me
I own my house and car outright - meaning I'm not looking for smooch off someone
I have a great job/career - meaning I'm not looking for a meal ticket
I'm educated, have traveled the world, speak more than one language - meaning I want someone who is my equal in that regard (more than one language optional but a great plus)
I'm loyal and passionate - I want someone who is the same

You see what I mean? Yet I get so many messages from guys who frankly are not up to that level by a long shot. Maybe I sound like a snob, but I'm not going to be attracted or happy with a guy who doesn't match most of these points. And I'm not nearly desperate enough to "settle", because I'm totally OK being single. A relationship with a man is the cherry on the cake, not the actual cake.
 clamdigger50
Msg: 117
Women too picky
Posted: 12/26/2015 10:06:17 PM
^^^ The "older guys with not much to offer" message you (and every other woman in their area...it ain't just you) for the same reason the young studs message you (and every other woman in their area...it ain't just you) - every once in awhile they get lucky and someone like you (or any other woman in their area) says YES. So please, it's not you. It's you and every other woman they can send a message to. Hell, have you not read the forums; even 65 year old fat chicks get messages from guys that just want to fvck. And while you think some of these guys aren't up to your level, remember, it works both ways and you won't measure up to what many of them seek. And no, I'm not telling you to settle, not by a long shot.
 Anand_scientist
Msg: 118
Women too picky
Posted: 12/27/2015 10:04:56 AM

And while you think some of these guys aren't up to your level, remember, it works both ways

Why should she be concerned about that, if she isn't interested in the first place? She knows what she's got going for her - and by all accounts it appears a lot - so what's your problem with it?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >